Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog training 17:36 - Oct 15 with 2428 viewsCountyJim

We recently bite the bullet and got a trainer in and have to say its working a treat as you may be aware my wife got bitten by our last dog and we had to have him put to sleep so we got a puppy this time but we where having problems when I wasnt there he was snarling at my wife and basically not doing as he was told

Anyway simple things we didnt think of he was having the run of the Kitchen and hall at night and sleeping by the door so now we just put him out the kitchen as being by the door belive it or not stresses a dog as they think they are in charge when we are in bed

His walking was a nightmare he just wanted to jump up at people and other dogs so we where told to get a training collar which makes a cracking noise when yanked so to keep him focused on walks this woks a treat and walks are now a pleasure

Food we have put him on a raw food diet raw meat and veg as Tin food and dog biscuits are full of additives Bakers is known as Bonkers in the dog training world and his poo is now a pleasure to pick up doesnt smell and not slimy and leaves no residue which has to be better for everyone

Barkbusters are brilliant I have to say and I would encourage others to use a trainer
Dog training on 18:12 - Oct 15 with 2403 viewsmax936

Should have done it yourself ffs far more enjoyable and the dog is better for it as he attaches to you more.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dog training on 19:23 - Oct 15 with 2349 viewsNeathJack

Got my dog on the raw diet. For tea, Chicken mince supplemented with sweet potatoes, green beans, swede etc and a fish oil tablet. For breakfast, sardines and cucumber.

He had a really bad skin problem which the vet wanted to put him on medication for the rest of his life costing about £100 a month. The difference in his coat and skin is unbelievable and no medication in sight.
Dog training on 19:30 - Oct 15 with 2338 viewsunion_jack

County, from your first paragraph, have you ever though it may be your wife that's the problem?

Have her put down and see if the snarling stops.

Simple.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dog training on 19:38 - Oct 15 with 2326 viewsmax936

Dog training on 19:30 - Oct 15 by union_jack

County, from your first paragraph, have you ever though it may be your wife that's the problem?

Have her put down and see if the snarling stops.

Simple.

Fuking hell mun

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Dog training on 19:55 - Oct 15 with 2310 viewsunion_jack

Dog training on 19:38 - Oct 15 by max936

Fuking hell mun

Well just saying!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dog training on 19:56 - Oct 15 with 2302 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dog training on 19:55 - Oct 15 by union_jack

Well just saying!

I think you made a very fair point.

Poll: Tory leader

Dog training on 20:03 - Oct 15 with 2291 viewsDarran

Not being funny like Jim but have you thought perhaps there something about your wife’s face.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dog training on 20:52 - Oct 15 with 2260 viewsRancid

Dog Trainers are usually brought in when the owners couldnt train a fish to swim.Ive got a 6 month old 8 stone Mastiff and ive spent the necessary time required to train him the way he needed to be trained.Apart from his obvious size and huge appetite i could leave him alone with a cat with a bone tied around its neck and he still would wait for me to give him the nod to eat the cat and bone.
Login to get fewer ads

Dog training on 20:54 - Oct 15 with 2255 viewsDarran

Dog training on 20:52 - Oct 15 by Rancid

Dog Trainers are usually brought in when the owners couldnt train a fish to swim.Ive got a 6 month old 8 stone Mastiff and ive spent the necessary time required to train him the way he needed to be trained.Apart from his obvious size and huge appetite i could leave him alone with a cat with a bone tied around its neck and he still would wait for me to give him the nod to eat the cat and bone.

Brilliant. Love you Rance.

Dog training on 21:00 - Oct 15 with 2244 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dog training on 20:52 - Oct 15 by Rancid

My sister’s Lab ran out of the house once. Only got as far as just outside the front gate and then he just sat at the pavement kerbside cos he knew he wasn’t allowed to step in the road till someone told him it was ok to do so. Worst bid for freedom ever.

Poll: Tory leader

Dog training on 21:00 - Oct 15 with 2243 viewsBLAZE

Dog training on 20:54 - Oct 15 by Darran

Brilliant. Love you Rance.

Innit. One of the sites best
Dog training on 21:02 - Oct 15 with 2235 viewsWarwickHunt

Dog training on 20:03 - Oct 15 by Darran

Not being funny like Jim but have you thought perhaps there something about your wife’s face.

Cruella won't be pleased.
Dog training on 21:08 - Oct 15 with 2212 viewsWarwickHunt

Dog training on 21:00 - Oct 15 by exiledclaseboy

My sister’s Lab ran out of the house once. Only got as far as just outside the front gate and then he just sat at the pavement kerbside cos he knew he wasn’t allowed to step in the road till someone told him it was ok to do so. Worst bid for freedom ever.

I trained my Border collie to stop and sit at the kerb.

After about half a dozen goes she refused to sit all the way down and gave me a "FFS there's no traffic, stop pîssing me about" look.
Dog training on 21:32 - Oct 15 with 2185 viewsdickythorpe

I threw a stick (poorly) for a dog once in Carmarthen park and it landed over the gates onto the roof of a moving car, the dog ran after the car past the Quins club and up Picton hill, the down Picton hill and into Johnstowm. As I could see the car stopping by the lights the dog was gaining on it until the lights went green the car turned right going up Jobs well hill in the direction of Trinity College.

The dog didn't cross the road. He'd kept to the pavement all the way.

I was knackered, the dog was panting and I got worried about its owners. I picked the dog up and walked half way up Picton hill, when the car with the stick still on its roof came by again, the dog yelped and escaped my clutches ran a bit then stopped until car went out of sight.

Phew I thought "good boy " I said and picked him up. He then spewed all over me.
Dog training on 21:39 - Oct 15 with 2169 viewsWarwickHunt

Never throw sticks for dogs, use a ball instead.

Edit: especially where moving cars are involved...
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 21:44]
Dog training on 21:44 - Oct 15 with 2138 viewsdickythorpe

I saw Oldjack earlier throwing a ball

Dog training on 21:55 - Oct 15 with 2107 viewsSwanzay

Du,my spaniel rescue has free run of the house all the time, I frequently leave the front door open where shes basks in the front garden late autumn sun and gets fusses of passers by. She has become quite well known in the local community.
Dog training on 22:00 - Oct 15 with 2096 viewsSwanzay

Dog training on 21:08 - Oct 15 by WarwickHunt

I trained my Border collie to stop and sit at the kerb.

After about half a dozen goes she refused to sit all the way down and gave me a "FFS there's no traffic, stop pîssing me about" look.

I seldom walk Du on a lead and she does exactly the same!

Dog training on 22:09 - Oct 15 with 2078 viewsDarran

Dog training on 21:00 - Oct 15 by BLAZE

Innit. One of the sites best

Baglan boy too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024