Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brother with Downsyndrome 19:32 - Oct 15 with 8697 viewswestwalesed

Right genuine question here! My family are originally from Brighton, I was born in Carmarthen. My older brother who is 50 has Downs and is a huge seagulls fan. I promised to take him to the Liberty for the home game. What part of the ground would you go in?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Brother with Downsyndrome on 15:02 - Oct 16 with 1270 viewsDarran

Brother with Downsyndrome on 15:01 - Oct 16 by westwalesed

Cheers mate I will do that though I suspect he'd rather meet Chris Hughton!!!!! LOL!

I'd be delighted to meet Lee mind! I specifically went down to watch Haverfordwest County play Llanelli the Welsh League Div 1 recently and the bugger wasn't playing!

Fuçk Chris Hughton.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brother with Downsyndrome on 16:51 - Oct 16 with 1221 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Brother with Downsyndrome on 20:01 - Oct 15 by Swanjaxs

Always one aye! I think you should be seated in a padded cell.... if the club had one available of course ....
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 20:05]

What is that comment for? I'm asking if somebody might make use of an area of the stadium designed to accommodate some of our disabled supporters. I was not having a go at anyone.

I think it is a disgrace we have not built one yet and that one still appears to be a very long time off being even properly considered.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brother with Downsyndrome on 19:13 - Oct 16 with 1156 viewsLoyal

Brother with Downsyndrome on 16:51 - Oct 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What is that comment for? I'm asking if somebody might make use of an area of the stadium designed to accommodate some of our disabled supporters. I was not having a go at anyone.

I think it is a disgrace we have not built one yet and that one still appears to be a very long time off being even properly considered.

Dortmund have an area staffed by mental health professionals and health staff ( I assume they are volunteers ) they have their own area ( about 150 seats / places ) and all disabilities visible and non visible are welcomed.
And they are let in free or at least they did three years back.
We haven't got in to the 90's yet let alone the new century.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Brother with Downsyndrome on 20:10 - Oct 16 with 1107 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Brother with Downsyndrome on 19:13 - Oct 16 by Loyal

Dortmund have an area staffed by mental health professionals and health staff ( I assume they are volunteers ) they have their own area ( about 150 seats / places ) and all disabilities visible and non visible are welcomed.
And they are let in free or at least they did three years back.
We haven't got in to the 90's yet let alone the new century.

How wonderful. Meanwhile people at our club cannot even get basic facilities built which outside companies were willing to help contribute to financially.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:32 - Jan 5 with 868 viewstrampie

Brother with Downsyndrome on 14:50 - Oct 16 by westwalesed

Really appreciating the love on this thread!

Just goes to show that true football fans are a decent bunch, unlike the way that non-football fans consider them!

Did you and your brother get to the game in the end Ed ?

If so I hope both you and your brother enjoyed.

Some really nice touching comments by fans on this thread fairplay.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:41 - Jan 5 with 846 viewsN_T_J

Brother with Downsyndrome on 19:47 - Oct 15 by Pacemaker

Why not just contact the club or Brighton explain the situation and perhaps there is a disabled seat in the away end they could allocate through Brighton?

I am pretty sure this could be arranged

I ask our own club for a disabled seat last game of season v WBA, id been in hospital 7 months and i was desprate to see a game, even though I was a season ticket holder they said there was nothing they could do.

I then had a frint row ticket off someone on here, when I got to the Liberty a steward seen me struggle and put me in a disabled seat, there was a few to pick from aswell. And this was the club telling me there was nothing they could offer me..what an amazing feeling being back at a football match.

Anyway I hope your brother got taken care of down there!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 12:44]
Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:48 - Jan 5 with 817 viewstrampie

Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:41 - Jan 5 by N_T_J

I ask our own club for a disabled seat last game of season v WBA, id been in hospital 7 months and i was desprate to see a game, even though I was a season ticket holder they said there was nothing they could do.

I then had a frint row ticket off someone on here, when I got to the Liberty a steward seen me struggle and put me in a disabled seat, there was a few to pick from aswell. And this was the club telling me there was nothing they could offer me..what an amazing feeling being back at a football match.

Anyway I hope your brother got taken care of down there!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 12:44]

I hope you are better after your stint in hospital N_T_J ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:59 - Jan 5 with 806 viewsN_T_J

Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:48 - Jan 5 by trampie

I hope you are better after your stint in hospital N_T_J ?

Not really Trampie I was left a quadriplegic, in rehab 5 days aweek now. But thank you for asking.
Login to get fewer ads

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:01 - Jan 5 with 798 viewstrampie

Brother with Downsyndrome on 12:59 - Jan 5 by N_T_J

Not really Trampie I was left a quadriplegic, in rehab 5 days aweek now. But thank you for asking.

Top effort getting to that WBA game, top supporting fairplay.

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:05 - Jan 5 with 784 viewsN_T_J

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:01 - Jan 5 by trampie

Top effort getting to that WBA game, top supporting fairplay.

Was an amazing feeling being back there i tell you.

I still renewed this season and they have given me new seats. But due to not being well on match days Iv only managed two games to date. But im not missing much!
Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:09 - Jan 5 with 776 viewstrampie

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:05 - Jan 5 by N_T_J

Was an amazing feeling being back there i tell you.

I still renewed this season and they have given me new seats. But due to not being well on match days Iv only managed two games to date. But im not missing much!

I bet it was, top supporting N_T_J, there are some top fans about and you are clearly one of them.

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:11 - Jan 5 with 774 viewsBloodyhills

Brother with Downsyndrome on 19:59 - Oct 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you think you and your brother would have requested to be seated in a sensory room if the club had one available?

You make some great comments at times Dwight and then at other times...

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:16 - Jan 5 with 764 viewsN_T_J

Brother with Downsyndrome on 13:09 - Jan 5 by trampie

I bet it was, top supporting N_T_J, there are some top fans about and you are clearly one of them.

Much appreciated
Brother with Downsyndrome on 14:26 - Jan 5 with 712 viewsGlyn1

Brother with Downsyndrome on 20:16 - Oct 15 by lifelong

I love my seat in the West Upper, just because we’re not standing on the seats, pointing towards the opposition fans and chanting ‘you’re going to get your fecking heads kicked in’ doesn’t mean to say we are bad supporters.

Especially chanting about Cardiff when the away fans couldn't find Cardiff on a map and couldn't give a toss.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024