Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacks Zone 20:54 - Oct 15 with 4914 viewsJackfath

Does anyone here frequent this? I walked by after the match yesterday with about 5 (no exaggeration) people there.

A very decent idea, badly executed by the club.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jacks Zone on 20:59 - Oct 15 with 4886 viewsPrivate_Partz

I heard they are charging 3 quid for can . Maybe an exaggeration. It looks ok and the band sounds decent.
If it continues to be that badly supported though it is going to fail undoubtedly.
I have only been to one at Everton and that was fine and well supported.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jacks Zone on 21:00 - Oct 15 with 4885 viewsairedale

There was a massive TV screen there too, behind the burger van and facing towards the shops. Must be a waterproof TV screen. I thought there was an UFO sighting first of all, everyone gazing into the sky, 'til I saw it.
Jacks Zone on 21:00 - Oct 15 with 4880 viewsplasjack

thought it finishes before the match?.
Jacks Zone on 21:01 - Oct 15 with 4874 viewsJackfath

Jacks Zone on 21:00 - Oct 15 by plasjack

thought it finishes before the match?.

It's open after the match too. Perhaps that's where the fault lies. They could announce it over the PA system to let everyone know it's open.......

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Jacks Zone on 21:09 - Oct 15 with 4837 viewsxmastree

Jacks Zone on 21:01 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

It's open after the match too. Perhaps that's where the fault lies. They could announce it over the PA system to let everyone know it's open.......

Seems a waste of money again.
Nice on the eye but no renenue.
Thank god we have pearlman. A top cro x
Jacks Zone on 21:10 - Oct 15 with 4827 viewsdickythorpe

The band are decent. It's hidden from view though to most
Jacks Zone on 21:10 - Oct 15 with 4828 viewsjack2jack

Never been in there don't think I will either,as has been said the band's sound decent enough,just another way of extracting money from folk if I'm being synical.
But if people like it then fair enough, if its falling on it's a**se, get shot.
Jacks Zone on 21:13 - Oct 15 with 4809 viewsdickythorpe

The big screen showing the lunchtime kick off match is a good idea.
Login to get fewer ads

Jacks Zone on 21:14 - Oct 15 with 4809 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jacks Zone on 21:10 - Oct 15 by jack2jack

Never been in there don't think I will either,as has been said the band's sound decent enough,just another way of extracting money from folk if I'm being synical.
But if people like it then fair enough, if its falling on it's a**se, get shot.

Can anyone confirm the grog prices? Doomed to fail if it compares to inside the ground. If it was quid a can it would be stuffed.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Jacks Zone on 21:14 - Oct 15 with 4804 viewsPacemaker

It always seems busy before kick off, perhaps there is not the same call for it post match. There was a large queue there when it first started, I don't go there so don't really notice how popular it is.

The club are trying lots of things, something's will work, some will fail, but you never know until you try, it's a bit sad to read some of the negative comments on here.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Jacks Zone on 21:16 - Oct 15 with 4792 viewsswansea68

Jacks Zone on 21:14 - Oct 15 by Private_Partz

Can anyone confirm the grog prices? Doomed to fail if it compares to inside the ground. If it was quid a can it would be stuffed.

Actually £4 a can. Right rip off.
Jacks Zone on 21:16 - Oct 15 with 4784 viewsdickythorpe

Jacks Zone on 21:14 - Oct 15 by Private_Partz

£4 for Carling is hilarious
Jacks Zone on 21:19 - Oct 15 with 4760 viewsPrivate_Partz

Jacks Zone on 21:16 - Oct 15 by dickythorpe

There lieth the problemo ;-)

Jacks Zone on 21:34 - Oct 15 with 4680 viewsbuilthjack

Jacks Zone on 21:10 - Oct 15 by dickythorpe

The band are decent. It's hidden from view though to most

They could cut the hedge

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jacks Zone on 21:41 - Oct 15 with 4660 viewsmonmouth

Jacks Zone on 21:34 - Oct 15 by builthjack

They could cut the hedge

I saw it before the Watford game. WHU Spurs were on the big screen. Seemed to be more folks outside watching the screen than inside. I enjoyed a couple of the bands songs though. They did come on feel the noise and changed the lyrics for Bony as he was starting, which was a nice touch.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jacks Zone on 22:39 - Oct 15 with 4514 viewsEdmundo

Pretty fullish most times been there pre match (and the weather's tidy), not surprised its fairly empty after, lack of info and possibly, people have places to be, far more options on beer, or just can't remember its open!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Jacks Zone on 23:53 - Oct 15 with 4415 viewsbuilthjack

They could do with a few independent breweries coming in and selling some nice real ale. Even Spurs allowed that at Wembley. I spoke to one of the guys selling it and he said that because they were a new small company Spurs allowed them to do it for 3 games as a trial, then would negotiate a deal. Nice touch.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jacks Zone on 03:06 - Oct 16 with 4330 viewsGlyn1

Jacks Zone on 23:53 - Oct 15 by builthjack

They could do with a few independent breweries coming in and selling some nice real ale. Even Spurs allowed that at Wembley. I spoke to one of the guys selling it and he said that because they were a new small company Spurs allowed them to do it for 3 games as a trial, then would negotiate a deal. Nice touch.

I agree.

But I'm surprised that Carling don't have a monopoly on beer sales.

Whether this works or not, it's good that they're trying new things. Come a sunny Saturday in Spring, watching the early kick-off or a decent band, with a couple of cans of beer, then seeing us beat Chelsea, sounds pretty good to me.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Jacks Zone on 06:59 - Oct 16 with 4242 viewsChief

The big screen showing the early match can easily be seen from outside the cordoned off area&the band can be heard outside of it also. What incentive is there to go in there? People bring bags of can from the shop and stand just outside the fence.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jacks Zone on 07:33 - Oct 16 with 4177 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jacks Zone on 21:16 - Oct 15 by dickythorpe

£1 for Carling is way overpriced. F*cking dishwater mun

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jacks Zone on 09:03 - Oct 16 with 4096 viewswhoflungdung

Spirit in the Sky reminded me of the Rank

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Jacks Zone on 10:15 - Oct 16 with 4021 viewsLoyal

Jacks Zone on 23:53 - Oct 15 by builthjack

Stop being sensible ffs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jacks Zone on 10:54 - Oct 16 with 3947 viewsbiggar

To be honest I think it is hopeless in there but I'm sure others will disagree. The idea is great but probably needs more thought.
Jacks Zone on 13:23 - Oct 16 with 3806 viewsDewi1jack

Jacks Zone on 21:16 - Oct 15 by swansea68

Actually £4 a can. Right rip off.

Never been in there. Have watched a bit of the lunchtime game from outside though.
Always seems busy before KO so obviously a good idea.

If they're charging the same prices as in the stadium (is it really £4 for a tin of ditchwater?) then people are obviously going to drink elsewhere.
For me, who hardly drinks alcohol (2 hr drive each way to the ground doesn't help), I'd prefer cheaper soft drinks (great for the adults with kids as well) and decent coffee.

Cheaper prices more in line with the pubs in the area and they'd probably make a killing for 19 games.
Decent coffee and I'd be inclined to go in there pre-match as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Jacks Zone on 13:36 - Oct 16 with 3782 viewsJackfath

Jacks Zone on 13:23 - Oct 16 by Dewi1jack

Never been in there. Have watched a bit of the lunchtime game from outside though.
Always seems busy before KO so obviously a good idea.

If they're charging the same prices as in the stadium (is it really £4 for a tin of ditchwater?) then people are obviously going to drink elsewhere.
For me, who hardly drinks alcohol (2 hr drive each way to the ground doesn't help), I'd prefer cheaper soft drinks (great for the adults with kids as well) and decent coffee.

Cheaper prices more in line with the pubs in the area and they'd probably make a killing for 19 games.
Decent coffee and I'd be inclined to go in there pre-match as well

Agreed.

I wonder if the trust could do some kind of fans survey via email/questionnaires to ascertain what sorts of things would make people want to use it more? Could be a great way for them to raise their profile which at the moment seems to be somewhat damaged?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024