Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD2 09:35 - Oct 16 with 894 viewsPegojack

Both Sunday games were the subject of late penalties which cost the dominant side in the match two points, and will have their respective managers spitting feathers.

Chris Houghton no doubt gave defender Bruno a dressing room roasting after the match, when his rash elbow into the face of Calvert-Lewin had Michael Oliver pointing to the spot, and Rooney rescuing an unlikely point with the spot kick right at the end of 90 minutes.

Brighton are no great shakes, workmanlike but very limited, basically a physical and hard working Championship side, but their enthusiastic and noisy supporters make them a tough proposition at home when they get the crowd behind them. Everton, as highlighted by the post match analysis, are lacking confidence going forward and look a shambles in defence. Rooney and Siggy just don't blend well together, much to the delight of our Aberdare contingent!

Newcastle looked very good at Southampton, playing neat, quick football, with Captain Pointer at the heart of most of their attacking play. Always risky to rely too much on him though, he's always likely to have a brainstorm and do something very silly. They were heading for a deserved three points when Shane Long burst into the area to pick up a forward pass, pushed the ball away from the defender but also away from goal, just inviting the foul, and Lejeune duly obliged instead of just standing him up. He clattered into Long who went down like he was poleaxed. Another penalty which gave the opponents a point they didn't deserve.

The most interesting thing for me was the form of the various sides. I think Brighton are relegation candidates, and surprisingly I think Soton are too. Everton are chaotic right now, but they have too much in the way of resources to go down. Newcastle were the real surprise, they look very good and should be targeting a top ten finish.

Thoughts?
MOTD2 on 09:51 - Oct 16 with 865 viewsWarwickHunt

I asked my Evertonian mate (bright bloke, knows his football) what he thought of Siggy - he said it was impossible to judge him as Koeman insists on playing three number 10s...

He was less equivocal about Irreplaceable Ashley Williams "How much do we have to pay you to take the useless fat cûnt back?"

Toon & Everton - comfortably mid-table, Brighton relegated, Saints bottom six.
MOTD2 on 09:53 - Oct 16 with 859 viewswhoflungdung

Don't tempt fate ,Wozz,

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

MOTD2 on 09:55 - Oct 16 with 850 viewsWarwickHunt

MOTD2 on 09:53 - Oct 16 by whoflungdung

Don't tempt fate ,Wozz,

Wouldn't surprise me if Jenkins took Ash back and gave him a three year contract. Seriously.

The bloke's a fûcking moron.
MOTD2 on 11:08 - Oct 16 with 770 viewsSgorioFruit

Good write up mate.
i was going do to some reading online today about yesterday’s games, but you have saved me the trouble of searching around.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024