Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. 10:38 - Oct 16 with 2542 viewsLohengrin

Having finished the Maconie book I've been going back through it fact-checking a dozen or so claims, quotes and assertions I'd marked as I went along. Some because they ran contrary to notions I had picked up across the years and I'd wanted to fact-check, others because they'd interested me enough I wanted to explore them further, but there was something on Page 78 that struck me as ridiculous coming from Leanne Wood.

I take it you recall Theresa May in the run-up to the Tory leadership contest in the wake of the Brexit referendum making a bid to occupy Macmillan's old centrist, One-Nation Tory position by claiming she would "make the Tories the party for working people?" Remember that statement, Tramp?

Maconie goes on to quote, with obvious tacit approval, (he describes her as being "white-faced with quiet rage" having been "pricked into passionate scorn") from Leanne Wood's response on Question Time later that evening. Now pay attention here, Tramp - " I worked as a probation officer in south Wales during the miners' strike.... they will never be the party of the working people."

Now a politician's propensity for coming out with self-serving averment notwithstanding that's an extraordinary thing to say! I have vivid memories of the miners' strike, but then I would, I'm older than her and by my reckoning she would have been a schoolchild at the time. Thirteen or thereabouts?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 10:45 - Oct 16 with 2528 viewsJJJack

That is truly bizarre, even given, politicians’ propensity to bend the truth. Her DOB is 13/12/71.
Surely she couldn’t have meant that?!
FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 10:49 - Oct 16 with 2521 viewsLohengrin

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 10:45 - Oct 16 by JJJack

That is truly bizarre, even given, politicians’ propensity to bend the truth. Her DOB is 13/12/71.

It's why I'm asking. It's not impossible she could have got carried away given she was "white-faced with quiet rage" and having played some role back in '84 would have been wish-fulfillment on her part, but still...

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 10:52 - Oct 16 with 2517 viewsHighjack

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 10:45 - Oct 16 by JJJack

She's only 46??!??

Christ she must have had a tough life.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 11:08 - Oct 16 with 2492 viewsswanjackal

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 10:52 - Oct 16 by Highjack

She's only 46??!??

Christ she must have had a tough life.

That's what working as a probation officer at 13 does to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 11:13 - Oct 16 with 2489 viewsJJJack

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 11:08 - Oct 16 by swanjackal

Ha. In fact she is only 45.
FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 14:50 - Oct 16 with 2403 viewsLohengrin

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 11:08 - Oct 16 by swanjackal

With due apologies to Eric Arthur Blair Esq.,"all history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and rewritten as often as was necessary and if the facts say otherwise then the facts must be altered."

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 2349 viewsLeonWasGod

Work experience innit
FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 22:40 - Oct 20 with 2204 viewsLohengrin

Bump for Trampie....

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 07:51 - Oct 21 with 2158 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 22:40 - Oct 20 by Lohengrin

Bump for Trampie....

Wiki says :

From 1997 to 2000, Wood worked with the Mid Glamorgan Probation Service as a probation officer.

Wood credits her political awakening to reading Marge Piercy's 1976 feminist classic Woman on the Edge of Time, and the 1984/5 UK miners' strike.[4] Her political heroes include Lewis Lewis, one of the leaders of the 1831 Merthyr Rising.[4]

Fake news ?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 7:53]

Beware of the Risen People

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 08:50 - Oct 21 with 2127 viewsLohengrin

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 07:51 - Oct 21 by Kilkennyjack

Wiki says :

From 1997 to 2000, Wood worked with the Mid Glamorgan Probation Service as a probation officer.

Wood credits her political awakening to reading Marge Piercy's 1976 feminist classic Woman on the Edge of Time, and the 1984/5 UK miners' strike.[4] Her political heroes include Lewis Lewis, one of the leaders of the 1831 Merthyr Rising.[4]

Fake news ?

What Wiki forgets to mention is that in 1984 she'd have been playing hopscotch and cutting photos of Wham! out of Jackie and pinning them on her bedroom wall not organising the picket at Treforgan.

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 09:42 - Oct 21 with 2108 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 07:51 - Oct 21 by Kilkennyjack

Wiki says :

Fake news ?

She's so right on she's even making me heave.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 12:45 - Oct 21 with 2059 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 08:50 - Oct 21 by Lohengrin

What Wiki forgets to mention is that in 1984 she'd have been playing hopscotch and cutting photos of Wham! out of Jackie and pinning them on her bedroom wall not organising the picket at Treforgan.

Yes the dates clearly dont add up, if she said that.
Why would she ?

Wiki also says .....

Upon becoming leader of Plaid in 2012, Leanne refused the party leader’s allowance to which she was entitled.[15] Upon being re-elected in 2016 and becoming leader of the opposition, she did the same again.

Chwarae Teg.

Anyhow its not a big fib like Brexit/aka breakfast/.

Beware of the Risen People

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 12:46 - Oct 21 with 2055 viewsHighjack

It's not like Trampie to deliberately avoid a Leanne Wood thread.

Where the devil is the old goat? (Trampie I mean, not Leanne)

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 13:28 - Oct 21 with 2036 viewsLohengrin

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 12:46 - Oct 21 by Highjack

It's not like Trampie to deliberately avoid a Leanne Wood thread.

Where the devil is the old goat? (Trampie I mean, not Leanne)

He's sat in front of the telly watching the Plaid conference on BBC2 as we speak.

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 2026 viewsswanjackal

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 13:28 - Oct 21 by Lohengrin

He's sat in front of the telly watching the Plaid conference on BBC2 as we speak.

No he's not, he's hidden in the podium ,waiting to give his "Commandant Lassard" moment to his special Lea-Lea.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 13:33 - Oct 21 with 2025 viewsHighjack

FAO Trampie - Leanne Wood???. on 13:28 - Oct 21 by Lohengrin

I thought he didn't watch BBC because it was a crypto fascist, Tory run, Brit Nat sponsored media?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024