Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mumbles pier 14:01 - Oct 16 with 6674 viewswhoflungdung

Getting repaired then.

Not sure that Lifeboat station is that safe looking at the rotted Ironwork

Shocking state

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Mumbles pier on 14:16 - Oct 16 with 2644 viewsmax936

The new station sits on its own structure predominately the rest of the pier is shocking though, the only work that's been done is work that'll allow safe access to the new station, as for the rest of it god knows when that'll get started let alone done.
The Lifeboat Station is always fairly busy with visitors though so the funds are being maintained.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mumbles pier on 14:56 - Oct 16 with 2576 viewsDarran

The second post having a dig at Swansea today.

Doesn't this kind of thing upset the Scouce çunts wife,family and friemds?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mumbles pier on 15:21 - Oct 16 with 2584 viewswhoflungdung

thanks Steve for reply. I note yet more unrelenting dross from DP .mods ,sort it out .

Used to go fishing there years ago

Pretty upset ,as was my missus to see the state of the centre . Was expecting High ST to have improved. Dig at Swansea? Well no dear friend just a paean to what was .Nothing whatsoever to do with village people from outside Swansea who simply come in then go home. Amazing to see so many have so much concern .Had a nice Friday with Hudds chums .

I ll pm you Stev as this thread will again deteriorate until Winston sees sense and band those who cannot post without personal insults.

I LL BET ANYWAY ON HERE THEY CANNOT POST WITHOUT INSULTS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. Winning bet benefits a cancer charity

Mumbles pier on 15:24 - Oct 16 with 2550 viewsDarran

Mumbles pier on 15:21 - Oct 16 by whoflungdung

thanks Steve for reply. I note yet more unrelenting dross from DP .mods ,sort it out .

Used to go fishing there years ago

Pretty upset ,as was my missus to see the state of the centre . Was expecting High ST to have improved. Dig at Swansea? Well no dear friend just a paean to what was .Nothing whatsoever to do with village people from outside Swansea who simply come in then go home. Amazing to see so many have so much concern .Had a nice Friday with Hudds chums .

I ll pm you Stev as this thread will again deteriorate until Winston sees sense and band those who cannot post without personal insults.

I LL BET ANYWAY ON HERE THEY CANNOT POST WITHOUT INSULTS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. Winning bet benefits a cancer charity

I didn't mean to upset you I didn't think you'd see it as you keep telling everyone you've got me on ignore you lying prick and yes the second dig at Swansea today. W⚓️

Mumbles pier on 15:31 - Oct 16 with 2570 viewswhoflungdung

its iconic Steve

OUR heritage rusting away

Its not good to see is it

Mumbles pier on 15:38 - Oct 16 with 2560 viewsNeath_Jack

On the plus side, Mumbles is getting a Marks & Spencer.

Can't be bad.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mumbles pier on 15:39 - Oct 16 with 2534 viewsDarran

Mumbles pier on 15:38 - Oct 16 by Neath_Jack

On the plus side, Mumbles is getting a Marks & Spencer.

Can't be bad.

And there's been no reported crimes after there was Scoucers spotted there at the weekend.

Mumbles pier on 15:42 - Oct 16 with 2553 viewsunion_jack

Mumbles pier on 15:39 - Oct 16 by Darran

And there's been no reported crimes after there was Scoucers spotted there at the weekend.

Oh let it go Darran. Please!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Mumbles pier on 15:45 - Oct 16 with 2526 viewsDarran

Mumbles pier on 15:42 - Oct 16 by union_jack

Oh let it go Darran. Please!

No.

Mumbles pier on 15:51 - Oct 16 with 2539 viewsunion_jack

Mumbles pier on 15:45 - Oct 16 by Darran

No.

Spend your time more usefully and find me a good cheap Sh1t remover as asked on another thread

Mumbles pier on 15:59 - Oct 16 with 2500 viewsDarran

Mumbles pier on 15:51 - Oct 16 by union_jack

Spend your time more usefully and find me a good cheap Sh1t remover as asked on another thread

No.

Mumbles pier on 15:59 - Oct 16 with 2525 viewsNeath_Jack

Mumbles pier on 15:51 - Oct 16 by union_jack

A shovel?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Mumbles pier on 16:00 - Oct 16 with 2515 viewsunion_jack

Mumbles pier on 15:59 - Oct 16 by Neath_Jack

A shovel?

Ok. When are you available?

Mumbles pier on 16:12 - Oct 16 with 2493 viewsNeath_Jack

Mumbles pier on 16:00 - Oct 16 by union_jack

Ok. When are you available?

You may want to re-read my reply wuss, i wasn't offering up my services, merely pointing you in the direction of a shit remover.

Mumbles pier on 16:14 - Oct 16 with 2493 viewsmax936

Mumbles pier on 15:31 - Oct 16 by whoflungdung

its iconic Steve

OUR heritage rusting away

Its not good to see is it

No Rich, as soon as it went into private hands that was the start of its downfall, Swansea City council won't do anything about it though, they'd rather waste money like they did on things that are far less important.
The new Lifeboat was funded by the Roy Barker Memorial Fund
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-24530968

The Lifeboat Station opening
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/new-11m-boathouse-officially-opened

Mumbles pier on 16:37 - Oct 16 with 2432 viewsunion_jack

Mumbles pier on 16:12 - Oct 16 by Neath_Jack

You may want to re-read my reply wuss, i wasn't offering up my services, merely pointing you in the direction of a shit remover.

Well that's disappointing!

Mumbles pier on 17:56 - Oct 16 with 2351 viewswhoflungdung

My mum and dad used to go to the dinner dancers thee so the area means a lot to me

Got nowt to do with neath people at all

It's a Swansea problem,one of many

Must say Uplands too has gone down as its ruined by students on the list .

Mumbles pier on 18:01 - Oct 16 with 2310 viewsDarran

Mumbles pier on 17:56 - Oct 16 by whoflungdung

My mum and dad used to go to the dinner dancers thee so the area means a lot to me

Got nowt to do with neath people at all

It's a Swansea problem,one of many

Must say Uplands too has gone down as its ruined by students on the list .

Go fuçk yourself you snidely prick.

Mumbles pier on 18:07 - Oct 16 with 2325 viewsPrivate_Partz

Here is a response I had from Whiterock Wales when I asked about the state of the pier and the lack of information on the website. I received this towards the end of August and been meaning to post it here for ages.

<<Hi,
Thanks for you note. As you may have read in the local press, it has been necessary to revise the foreshore development scheme as a result of land constraints.
Redesigning and meeting the requirements of Swansea planners has been a costly and time-consuming process. Several third-party developers have shown an interest subsequently decided not to proceed beyond the feasibility stage.
This has led the pier owners, AMECO Ltd, to opt in favour of an overall development scheme of their own that will shortly be submitted for stage approval. This will include development on the headlead and foreshore sites, albeit at a smaller scale. An important aspect is that the new sea-wall and boardwalk will now included safe pedestrian access between Knab Rock and the pier.
The Mumbles Pier Project website is shortly to be archived (given that much of the design is now out of date) and will be accessed via a new social media site
In addition, you will shortly see upgrading work commence to the pier stem. Although likely to be disruptive, the proposal is to try to maintain public access to the RNLI Lifeboat House during the work. Additional superstructure work will be done on a phased basis once the foreshore commitments are fulfilled to the planning authority’s satisfaction
We hope this response answers your points.
Thanks again for getting in touch.>>

it is a sad state of affairs that a City like ours can live with iconic structures such as this, the Slip Bridge, Albert Hall, Elysium and the Palace falling to pieces in front of our eyes.
How can the Council claim to be developing our City whilst letting this happen in tandem?
It is a sad indictment on them and WAG for allowing it.

;
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 18:09]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mumbles pier on 18:22 - Oct 16 with 2301 views1983

Mumbles pier on 18:01 - Oct 16 by Darran

Go fuçk yourself you snidely prick.

lol

Mumbles pier on 18:35 - Oct 16 with 2287 viewsmax936

Mumbles pier on 18:07 - Oct 16 by Private_Partz

Here is a response I had from Whiterock Wales when I asked about the state of the pier and the lack of information on the website. I received this towards the end of August and been meaning to post it here for ages.

<<Hi,
Thanks for you note. As you may have read in the local press, it has been necessary to revise the foreshore development scheme as a result of land constraints.
Redesigning and meeting the requirements of Swansea planners has been a costly and time-consuming process. Several third-party developers have shown an interest subsequently decided not to proceed beyond the feasibility stage.
This has led the pier owners, AMECO Ltd, to opt in favour of an overall development scheme of their own that will shortly be submitted for stage approval. This will include development on the headlead and foreshore sites, albeit at a smaller scale. An important aspect is that the new sea-wall and boardwalk will now included safe pedestrian access between Knab Rock and the pier.
The Mumbles Pier Project website is shortly to be archived (given that much of the design is now out of date) and will be accessed via a new social media site
In addition, you will shortly see upgrading work commence to the pier stem. Although likely to be disruptive, the proposal is to try to maintain public access to the RNLI Lifeboat House during the work. Additional superstructure work will be done on a phased basis once the foreshore commitments are fulfilled to the planning authority’s satisfaction

it is a sad state of affairs that a City like ours can live with iconic structures such as this, the Slip Bridge, Albert Hall, Elysium and the Palace falling to pieces in front of our eyes.
How can the Council claim to be developing our City whilst letting this happen in tandem?

;

The Pier Area should never have been allowed to get into the hands or a Private Company simple as that, their absolute priority was to re-vamp the Amusement Arcade and the Café from which they have made a fortune after previously being owners of a Toy Stall in Swansea Market absolutely incredible, just makes you think how many palms were greased to have been able to obtain the Pier, then again thinking about it and knowing Swansea City Council they probably just wanted it off their hands as there's no imagination there to have thought any other way.

Mumbles pier on 18:53 - Oct 16 with 2264 viewsunion_jack

Mumbles pier on 18:35 - Oct 16 by max936

The Pier Area should never have been allowed to get into the hands or a Private Company simple as that, their absolute priority was to re-vamp the Amusement Arcade and the Café from which they have made a fortune after previously being owners of a Toy Stall in Swansea Market absolutely incredible, just makes you think how many palms were greased to have been able to obtain the Pier, then again thinking about it and knowing Swansea City Council they probably just wanted it off their hands as there's no imagination there to have thought any other way.

Ah, the Bolloms

Mumbles pier on 18:58 - Oct 16 with 2251 viewsmax936

Mumbles pier on 18:53 - Oct 16 by union_jack

Ah, the Bolloms

Don't think they are involved anymore, think they had an offer they couldn't refuse and sold up, not sure though.

Mumbles pier on 19:34 - Oct 16 with 2203 viewsjack2jack

Mumbles pier on 18:07 - Oct 16 by Private_Partz

<<Hi,

;

The slip bridge, nice touch that burying it in tarmac on the front,and after consultation with the people of Swansea,which was duely ignored.
Perhaps they will do the same with the pier.
I thought the pier was going to be refurbished years ago,and with a grant from WAG.
They need to act quickly on this before it's too late.
Mumbles pier on 19:39 - Oct 16 with 2193 viewswhoflungdung

Cretins amongst us refer to concern over Swansea as slagging off .

All Swansea people I know feel angercatvhome low the city has fallen

Opinions of village idiots are irrelevant

Floreat Swamsea

Rise again

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024