Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh 14:57 - Oct 16 with 11506 viewswestwalesed

I know there are some on here who don't see the value in the Welsh language, but the official website can be translated into Mandarin, but not Welsh, which is an official language of the United Kingdom and needless to say spoken by many, many, people as a first language particularly in west Wales. I think this is an utter disgrace.

I e-mailed the Digital Media Manager over the weekend, and this was the reply I have received today:

"Hi Edward

Many thanks for your email.

We have a Mandarin button on the site purely for our sponsor LeTou. We are currently translating the swansdirect.com store into Welsh as well as Spanish but with the main website we are unlikely to translate this into any other language. As when I have analysed traffic and usage it really doesn’t warrant any other translations.

Thanks again for your email

Beccy Symmons"

Surely this can't be right??????

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 20:36 - Oct 18 with 2800 viewswhoflungdung

Meat and drink for DP .

This from a Taffy paddy with an Irish rebel poem as backdrop and a fookn shamrock . One Irish Wannabee with a penchant for the glory of past struggles

A poster that articulate enough for legions to reply too

Dear God boys

Look at the state we re in.

Live in England? Yeah ,like most of this site

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 20:38 - Oct 18 with 2791 viewsDarran

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 20:36 - Oct 18 by whoflungdung

Meat and drink for DP .

This from a Taffy paddy with an Irish rebel poem as backdrop and a fookn shamrock . One Irish Wannabee with a penchant for the glory of past struggles

Dear God boys

English twát.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 20:41 - Oct 18 with 2785 viewswhoflungdung

Somebody s got a raging hard on.

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:15 - Oct 18 with 2771 viewsDewi1jack

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:12 - Oct 18 by Meraki

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=cy&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u

Job done

Rotten b'stard.

I was going to tell Jase and Stevie boy I was related to Cyril and Cybil the Swan and offer to do the translations using that method, for the very cheap and reasonable price of just £2,000.

"It's a deal. It's a steal. It's sale of the century Jase. Robbing myself Jase honestly, but I'll struggle by as the club is for the fans."

Want a job as my assistant.
£1800 a week?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:28 - Oct 18 with 2756 viewsKilkennyjack

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:12 - Oct 18 by Meraki

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=en&tl=cy&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u

Job done

Da iawn brawd 👏👏😂

Beware of the Risen People

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:32 - Oct 18 with 2748 viewsKilkennyjack

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 20:36 - Oct 18 by whoflungdung

Meat and drink for DP .

Dear God boys

I hope you are going to support your England team in Russia.

No Tory boy can really be welsh.
You have made your choice, old man.

Jog on ....

Beware of the Risen People

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:39 - Oct 18 with 2730 viewsDarran

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:32 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

I hope you are going to support your England team in Russia.

No Tory boy can really be welsh.
You have made your choice, old man.

Jog on ....

Great post. He's pathetic for a 70 year old.

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:41 - Oct 18 with 2731 viewsJack_Kass

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 14:23 - Oct 18 by Jack_Kass

There are Welsh born people who prefer to use a variety of languages, such as Polish or Arabic, as their first language.

Why are they not able to access the site in their mother tongue?

Love how nobody has an answer to this.

540,000 people in the country speak Polish

562,000 speak Welsh.

So surely the site should be translated in polish as well?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 21:41]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Login to get fewer ads

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:41 - Oct 18 with 2731 viewsMeraki

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:15 - Oct 18 by Dewi1jack

Rotten b'stard.

I was going to tell Jase and Stevie boy I was related to Cyril and Cybil the Swan and offer to do the translations using that method, for the very cheap and reasonable price of just £2,000.

"It's a deal. It's a steal. It's sale of the century Jase. Robbing myself Jase honestly, but I'll struggle by as the club is for the fans."

Want a job as my assistant.
£1800 a week?

How many hours?
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:53 - Oct 18 with 2711 viewsDewi1jack

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:41 - Oct 18 by Meraki

How many hours?

2 of us.
No relevant news off the club most days.

Nothing whatsoever to translate from the Trust

Reckon we should be finished in about 4 hrs for the week. Wages and output to rival Jenkins and the majority of politicians

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:59 - Oct 18 with 2692 viewsMeraki

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:53 - Oct 18 by Dewi1jack

2 of us.
No relevant news off the club most days.

Nothing whatsoever to translate from the Trust

Reckon we should be finished in about 4 hrs for the week. Wages and output to rival Jenkins and the majority of politicians

I'm in, 4hrs split over 4 days, 1 day on 1 day off?
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 09:49 - Oct 19 with 2609 viewswestwalesed

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:41 - Oct 18 by Jack_Kass

562,000 speak Welsh.

Polish isn't an official language in Wales, but as it happens I wouldn't be upset if the website was available in Polish.

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 09:49 - Oct 19 with 2609 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 21:41 - Oct 18 by Jack_Kass

562,000 speak Welsh.

because that's a flawed argument - how many of those Polish speakers were born outside Wales and only moved here for work and have no connection to Swansea City?

You can guarantee that more Welsh speakers follow SCFC than Polish or Arabic speakers.

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:06 - Oct 19 with 2602 viewswhoflungdung

...and not " some" but most

People support our club who ate Arabic speakers? Great. They won't be bothered about getting information in English as will Poles

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:08 - Oct 19 with 2601 viewsWarwickHunt

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:06 - Oct 19 by whoflungdung

...and not " some" but most

People support our club who ate Arabic speakers? Great. They won't be bothered about getting information in English as will Poles

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:11 - Oct 19 with 2597 viewswhoflungdung

Don't be doing what DP does and posting personal photos like that

By the way Rock, should we not have translation into Gaelic

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:15 - Oct 19 with 2591 viewsDarran

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:11 - Oct 19 by whoflungdung

Don't be doing what DP does and posting personal photos like that

By the way Rock, should we not have translation into Gaelic

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:25 - Oct 19 with 2580 viewscostalotta

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 09:49 - Oct 19 by Jack_y_Jwc

because that's a flawed argument - how many of those Polish speakers were born outside Wales and only moved here for work and have no connection to Swansea City?

You can guarantee that more Welsh speakers follow SCFC than Polish or Arabic speakers.

Roughly how many would that be? Welsh speaking swansea supporters who want to read the website in Welsh and actually give a ph ck?

Just asking like.
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:34 - Oct 19 with 2574 viewscostalotta

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 14:22 - Oct 18 by Jack_y_Jwc

so you want to turn Wales into England?

This is why some cannot see it your small and single minded way.

Culture evolves and should not be engineered. If it is, it's doomed to failure!

The language had its day. If there are some who wish to continue to speak, great! But to attempt to force business and people to use , communicate and speak is silly. It will survive on its own merits and nothing else.

You'd be better off learning a formal specification or programming language than you would Welsh.
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:35 - Oct 19 with 2571 viewslifelong

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:25 - Oct 19 by costalotta

Roughly how many would that be? Welsh speaking swansea supporters who want to read the website in Welsh and actually give a ph ck?

Just asking like.

Why should it matter how many?

Welsh has been spoken in this country for many centuries and is still spoken by over half a million people. The language is not going anywhere, despite what many people on here would like, Swansea City is a Welsh football club and correspondence from the club should be made available in the National language.

Yma o hyd.
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:44 - Oct 19 with 2567 viewscostalotta

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:35 - Oct 19 by lifelong

Why should it matter how many?

Welsh has been spoken in this country for many centuries and is still spoken by over half a million people. The language is not going anywhere, despite what many people on here would like, Swansea City is a Welsh football club and correspondence from the club should be made available in the National language.

Yma o hyd.

I'm sure most people would like to make up their own mind. It's called a choice.

If the club want to have that version it should be their choice to publish and maintain that version. Not a minority group of customers who, I'd argue that the majority of wouldn't give a ph ck as they can get the info anyway. It's a big waste of our clubs time and money. You might not lik that, but it is what it is.

F it's that important why don't you make a Welsh version, sell some advertising and become self financing? Nice little project for you.
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:52 - Oct 19 with 2558 viewslifelong

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:44 - Oct 19 by costalotta

I'm sure most people would like to make up their own mind. It's called a choice.

If the club want to have that version it should be their choice to publish and maintain that version. Not a minority group of customers who, I'd argue that the majority of wouldn't give a ph ck as they can get the info anyway. It's a big waste of our clubs time and money. You might not lik that, but it is what it is.

F it's that important why don't you make a Welsh version, sell some advertising and become self financing? Nice little project for you.

I disagree, it shouldn’t be the choice of the club, it should be the choice of the customer.

It would cost the club next to nothing.
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 11:02 - Oct 19 with 2550 viewscostalotta

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 10:52 - Oct 19 by lifelong

I disagree, it shouldn’t be the choice of the club, it should be the choice of the customer.

It would cost the club next to nothing.

You can disagree as much as you want but it is their choice and it should be. A business will live and die by its products, services and customer relations. A customer cannot force anything with a business but it can choose to procure those products and services. That's a choice!

You wouldn't go to BMW and demand they make you a Jaguar!
Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 11:35 - Oct 19 with 2529 viewswhoflungdung

Swansea was ,is and always will be an Anglised Welsh city,like it or not

Tiny minority of Swansea people do not nor do not want to learn Welsh. They red more concerned about day to day living than crawling around in the pit of historical sentimental crap.

English is our lingua Franca .

I s suggest most of this anti English sentiment is from small town Wales with a Welsh speaking background. And that s fine ,but don't bite the hand that feeds

Swansea is a team in the English pyramid system. Always will be

Want to speak Welsh at a game then try Aberystwyth v cae Connah

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 11:39 - Oct 19 with 2524 viewswestwalesed

Official Swans Website Not in Welsh on 11:35 - Oct 19 by whoflungdung

Swansea was ,is and always will be an Anglised Welsh city,like it or not

Tiny minority of Swansea people do not nor do not want to learn Welsh. They red more concerned about day to day living than crawling around in the pit of historical sentimental crap.

English is our lingua Franca .

I s suggest most of this anti English sentiment is from small town Wales with a Welsh speaking background. And that s fine ,but don't bite the hand that feeds

Swansea is a team in the English pyramid system. Always will be

Want to speak Welsh at a game then try Aberystwyth v cae Connah

What a load if utter nonsense.

This is nothing to do with being anti English. I love all people including the English!

Why should people not have the right to access information about a Welsh football club in Welsh? Why does that bother you so much?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024