Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit 18:25 - Oct 16 with 822 viewsPrivate_Partz

Anyone heard anything about this before? These are units for mothers with Mental Health issues and best serve communities by being close to them. Not centralised.
There are many scattered around the Country, including Bristol.
There are none in Wales though and a 'panel of experts' have been sitting and will issue their recommendations as to where the first Unit in Wales will be sited tomorrow.
I won't preempt where I think this will be placed but it is one to keep an eye on....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:00 - Oct 16 with 799 viewsoldcob

There are 15 in England, 2 in Scotland and none in Wales or Northern Ireland.
Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:04 - Oct 16 with 793 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:00 - Oct 16 by oldcob

There are 15 in England, 2 in Scotland and none in Wales or Northern Ireland.

Indeed. So even if it is a pilot you would hope it would be away from areas that have easy access to the English units.
I would hope it was Mid, North West or South West Wales but I have my doubts that it will be. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:14 - Oct 16 with 787 viewsexiledclaseboy

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:04 - Oct 16 by Private_Partz

Indeed. So even if it is a pilot you would hope it would be away from areas that have easy access to the English units.
I would hope it was Mid, North West or South West Wales but I have my doubts that it will be. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Wouldn’t it be better off being sited where the greatest concentration of mothers with mental health issues happens to be?

Poll: Tory leader

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:22 - Oct 16 with 771 viewsFlashberryjack

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:14 - Oct 16 by exiledclaseboy

Wouldn’t it be better off being sited where the greatest concentration of mothers with mental health issues happens to be?

I would think the area where there are the greatest concentration of mothers with mental health issues changes from time to time.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:27 - Oct 16 with 765 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mental Health - Mother and Baby Unit on 19:14 - Oct 16 by exiledclaseboy

Not if the area already has access to such services. I take your point though that Swansea or the valleys have some of the poorest areas could be in the frame. I believe I have read that Mental Health issues are worse in the less well off communities.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024