Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MUMBLES MILE 22:17 - Oct 16 with 9035 viewstheloneranger

After reading the thread about Mumbles Pier, it made me think about the Mumbles Mile.

How many can remember the Original Mumbles Mile??

Starting at the White Rose, and finishing at the Pier. Name the original pub/club names, plus the names of the 3 bars at Mumbles Pier

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

MUMBLES MILE on 20:32 - Oct 17 with 3165 viewsJackfath

MUMBLES MILE on 23:42 - Oct 16 by Dan_Swan

Prince of Wales was another one, now Patricks.

Not sure it was in Patricks. Think it was in what is now the "Red cafe" perhaps?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

MUMBLES MILE on 20:48 - Oct 17 with 3155 viewsBournedore

MUMBLES MILE on 18:16 - Oct 17 by Nogginthenog

One of those pubs changed name to the Bear didn't it?

Yep the one before the George.
MUMBLES MILE on 21:13 - Oct 17 with 3136 viewstheloneranger

MUMBLES MILE on 20:31 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

It was called Hansons for a while.

Cheers Jack, forgot that one

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

MUMBLES MILE on 23:40 - Oct 24 with 3068 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

MUMBLES MILE on 20:19 - Oct 17 by theloneranger

Same landlord, Rhys Morgan ex para. Great welcome

yeah good boy is rhys

age is a terrible thing - feels like last year not 20+ years ago

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

MUMBLES MILE on 07:43 - Oct 25 with 3040 viewsmarchamjack

Did many a Mumbles Mile in my formative years.

One of the most memorable ended with 4 of us launching a rowing boat and rowing over to Cinderellas...but the reason the boat was moored up was it had holes...which about 50ft out we realised when the water started lapping our best shoes...at which point panic ensued and one of the boys jumped out to swim for shore...but as the tide wad going out (luckily for us) we were actually only in a few feet of water...so we waded back to shore...they didn't let us in Cinders the bstds 😁

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

MUMBLES MILE on 08:14 - Oct 25 with 3022 viewspikeypaul

MUMBLES MILE on 20:19 - Oct 17 by theloneranger

Same landlord, Rhys Morgan ex para. Great welcome

It’s not the same landlord,Rhys went about 5 years ago and now works for the guy that owns the chip shop opposite the Rhyddings pub in Brynmill.

Rhys is a good guy just do not belief anything he says.

A Irish guy called Finten runs the Kinsale now.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 8:15]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

MUMBLES MILE on 00:35 - Oct 27 with 2945 viewsjack_lord

MUMBLES MILE on 08:14 - Oct 25 by pikeypaul

It’s not the same landlord,Rhys went about 5 years ago and now works for the guy that owns the chip shop opposite the Rhyddings pub in Brynmill.

Rhys is a good guy just do not belief anything he says.

A Irish guy called Finten runs the Kinsale now.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2017 8:15]

bloody nice chip shop though. What happened to the guy that run the Hancock 15 years ago?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

MUMBLES MILE on 08:49 - Oct 27 with 2905 viewspikeypaul

MUMBLES MILE on 00:35 - Oct 27 by jack_lord

bloody nice chip shop though. What happened to the guy that run the Hancock 15 years ago?

Mike is living up towards Morriston.His brother Brian who took over after him is living in West Cross,Brian was probably the best landlord the place has had in the last 35 years.
He took over the Beaufort in Norton and totally transformed it in to the best pub for miles around only to be screwed over by certain individuals and not putting up with crap left on the spot,within a month the place was once again a two man and his dog pub,greed corrupts.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 8:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Login to get fewer ads

MUMBLES MILE on 08:57 - Oct 27 with 2901 viewswhoflungdung

Lived in myrtle terrace and well remember la Parisienne and it's resident Crooner with whom I had an altercation . Cockney kunt he was

Happy days

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

MUMBLES MILE on 09:58 - Oct 27 with 2886 viewsPapaLazarou

MUMBLES MILE on 17:31 - Oct 17 by jack_lord

The Hancock (Waterloo) is now Kinsalle Irish Bar. Is it any better (though always had a welcome in there)

Kinsale is pretty rough nowadays.

A few years back they had all the sport and a cracking jukebox, both have been removed due to the cost. So now you have what ever is on BBC1 on the TV and the latest "Now That's What I Call Music" CD on repeat. Pretty grim going into the dark in there when it's a nice day outside because there's no beer garden.

It can still get pretty busy late on a Friday, and Sunday for the karaoke, and they do a good pint of Guinness (as you would hope for an Irish bar)
MUMBLES MILE on 10:12 - Oct 27 with 2884 viewspikeypaul

I would hardly call it rough,ive not seen any trouble in there for about 5 years.

He has live music ( bands,open mike night,kareokee,etc)4 nights a week so a jukebox is no great lose.

If you do need to watch a game on sky or BT sport the rugby club 40 yards away has
both and the Oyster lounge next door has BT sport,personally if I go to a pub I prefer not to
watch TV.

MUMBLES MILE on 12:20 - Oct 27 with 2866 viewsmax936

I’ll be popping in the Pilot for a Shandy tomorrow then the Ale house looking forward to it to

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024