Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season 11:22 - Oct 17 with 9004 viewsDarran

I’ll leave this utter shit here.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/18282732

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:22 - Oct 17 with 6296 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is it shit?

Poll: Tory leader

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:26 - Oct 17 with 6285 viewsDarran

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:22 - Oct 17 by exiledclaseboy

Why is it shit?

It’s disrespectful to our fallen heroes.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:27 - Oct 17 with 6282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:26 - Oct 17 by Darran

It’s disrespectful to our fallen heroes.

Nonsense.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:42 - Oct 17 with 6260 viewsSir_Robin

I will not wear a poppy as I'm deeply uncomfortable with how the right have hijacked it for their own ends.

If anyone wants a laugh over the coming weeks, follow @giantpoppywatch on twitter.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:42 - Oct 17 with 6259 viewsBatterseajack

I got no issue with the premise behind the white poppy, but it shouldn't be competing against the red poppy, especially in terms of donations where less could make its way to the veterans.

There is a bit too much glamorization of war in this country and we've been involved in a few dodgy ones since WW2. On top of that its become a bit too politicized lately with people frothing at the gob at anyone not seen publicly wearing a poppy for an entire month of the year.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:48 - Oct 17 with 6237 viewsDarran

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:27 - Oct 17 by exiledclaseboy

Nonsense.

Have some respect FFS.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:51 - Oct 17 with 6224 viewsLord_Bony

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-assets-01.thedrum.com%

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:58 - Oct 17 with 6201 viewsexiledclaseboy

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:42 - Oct 17 by Sir_Robin

I will not wear a poppy as I'm deeply uncomfortable with how the right have hijacked it for their own ends.

If anyone wants a laugh over the coming weeks, follow @giantpoppywatch on twitter.

I completely agree with that first sentence and it’s the same reason that I haven’t worn a poppy for about five years now. I do contribute the appeal though.

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 13:01 - Oct 17 with 6187 viewsLohengrin

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 12:22 - Oct 17 by exiledclaseboy

Why is it shit?

Because the PPU has been hijacked by the same debased creatures who have hijacked the Labour Party. Take a look for yourself who writes the barely-literate blogs, organises the marches and regional branches for Stop the War or, if you can stomach it, the hand-wringing 'luvvies' behind No Glory and it will take you about a millisecond to realise it's just an SWP/Momentum front.

A f'ckin' freakshow!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 15:34 - Oct 17 with 6046 viewslonglostjack

I'd imagine half of them on that march report directly to MI5

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 15:42 - Oct 17 with 6036 viewsDarran

These twàts need to realise without the courageous list behind the red poppy there’d be no choice of a white version.

Fuçking idiots.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 15:43 - Oct 17 with 6035 viewsHighjack

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 13:01 - Oct 17 by Lohengrin

Because the PPU has been hijacked by the same debased creatures who have hijacked the Labour Party. Take a look for yourself who writes the barely-literate blogs, organises the marches and regional branches for Stop the War or, if you can stomach it, the hand-wringing 'luvvies' behind No Glory and it will take you about a millisecond to realise it's just an SWP/Momentum front.

A f'ckin' freakshow!

Bloody kulaks!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 15:44 - Oct 17 with 6030 viewsmacthejack

Ahhh nothing like a bit of poppy fascism to get that mouth frothing.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 15:45 - Oct 17 with 6030 viewsHighjack

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 15:42 - Oct 17 by Darran

These twàts need to realise without the courageous list behind the red poppy there’d be no choice of a white version.

Fuçking idiots.

Absolutely.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 17:27 - Oct 17 with 5954 viewsjack2jack

Gotta be honest I'd never heard of white poppy's.
Not a fan of I'm honest undermines the whole point of the red poppy.
Oh and the red poppy is not political or any such thing,for me it's a mark of respect to all who have given their lives selflessly in conflicts around the globe.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 19:47 - Oct 17 with 5883 viewsDafyddHuw

Jesus Christ.

If you're offended by what colour pretend-flowers people wear then you need to get out more.

I've never worn a poppy of any colour in my life and I'll be fùcked if anyone thinks they can lay any guilt trips on me.

Both my grandfathers fought at Ypres, one got a chunk out of his arm from a German sniper as he lay on the beach with no cover. Four inches to the left and it would have been his skull.

I have every sympathy for cosncripts,. I just don't feel that I need to show the rest of the world.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 19:57 - Oct 17 with 5869 viewslondonlisa2001

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 19:47 - Oct 17 by DafyddHuw

Jesus Christ.

If you're offended by what colour pretend-flowers people wear then you need to get out more.

I've never worn a poppy of any colour in my life and I'll be fùcked if anyone thinks they can lay any guilt trips on me.

Both my grandfathers fought at Ypres, one got a chunk out of his arm from a German sniper as he lay on the beach with no cover. Four inches to the left and it would have been his skull.

I have every sympathy for cosncripts,. I just don't feel that I need to show the rest of the world.

Absolutely.

And much of the outrage will come from people that dig out their poppy from the bottom drawer each year as they're too tight to give money but want to show the world their respect.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 20:27 - Oct 17 with 5849 viewsLeonWasGod

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 17:27 - Oct 17 by jack2jack

Gotta be honest I'd never heard of white poppy's.
Not a fan of I'm honest undermines the whole point of the red poppy.
Oh and the red poppy is not political or any such thing,for me it's a mark of respect to all who have given their lives selflessly in conflicts around the globe.

Sounds like you're more aligned to the white poopy then, as that's inclusive. The red poppy is for our forces only I believe.

I don't see the problem with the concept of either, nor why they need to be seen as competing. it's entirely possible to recognise the sacrifices made by our troops whilst wishing for peace. Although I've no idea how any money raised by the white poppy appeal is spent - that may be a different issue.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 20:31 - Oct 17 with 5844 viewsexiledclaseboy

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 20:27 - Oct 17 by LeonWasGod

Sounds like you're more aligned to the white poopy then, as that's inclusive. The red poppy is for our forces only I believe.

I don't see the problem with the concept of either, nor why they need to be seen as competing. it's entirely possible to recognise the sacrifices made by our troops whilst wishing for peace. Although I've no idea how any money raised by the white poppy appeal is spent - that may be a different issue.

From the PPU website:

Where does the money go?

White poppies are more about the message of peace and remembrance than about raising funds. We distribute white poppies to promote remembrance for all victims of war and to challenge the view that war and preparations for war are necessary or inevitable.

Money raised over and above the cost of producing, publicising and distributing the poppies goes to fund our education and campaigning work, thus promoting nonviolent approaches to conflict and challenging militarism. Such work regrettably does not attract much funding and so we rely heavily on the generosity of people like you.

Some argue that if you buy a white poppy you are taking away money that would go to support wounded veterans if you bought a red poppy instead. This is not accurate. There is nothing to stop someone wearing a white poppy while also donating to a charity to help those wounded in war. We want to see decent support for people affected by war. We believe, however, that such people should be able to turn to a well-funded welfare state rather than having to rely on charity. The UK government has been slashing the welfare state in recent years while maintaining one of the highest military budgets in the world.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 20:42 - Oct 17 with 5824 viewsjack2jack

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 20:27 - Oct 17 by LeonWasGod

Sorry Leon you've lost me there.
Oh and it's a poppy not a poopy 😉
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:15 - Oct 17 with 5786 viewsFlashberryjack

It'll be a red Poppy for me......and no ! I won't be digging it out from the bottom of the draw Lisa. A bit disingenuous that.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:19 - Oct 17 with 5782 viewsHumpty

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 20:31 - Oct 17 by exiledclaseboy

From the PPU website:

Where does the money go?

White poppies are more about the message of peace and remembrance than about raising funds. We distribute white poppies to promote remembrance for all victims of war and to challenge the view that war and preparations for war are necessary or inevitable.

Money raised over and above the cost of producing, publicising and distributing the poppies goes to fund our education and campaigning work, thus promoting nonviolent approaches to conflict and challenging militarism. Such work regrettably does not attract much funding and so we rely heavily on the generosity of people like you.

Some argue that if you buy a white poppy you are taking away money that would go to support wounded veterans if you bought a red poppy instead. This is not accurate. There is nothing to stop someone wearing a white poppy while also donating to a charity to help those wounded in war. We want to see decent support for people affected by war. We believe, however, that such people should be able to turn to a well-funded welfare state rather than having to rely on charity. The UK government has been slashing the welfare state in recent years while maintaining one of the highest military budgets in the world.

And big banners with Stalin on.
Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:21 - Oct 17 with 5775 viewsexiledclaseboy

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:19 - Oct 17 by Humpty

And big banners with Stalin on.

Goes without saying.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:22 - Oct 17 with 5768 viewsDarran

Look out the Scissors Sisters are out.

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:23 - Oct 17 with 5767 viewslondonlisa2001

Seeing as it’s nearly Poppy season on 21:15 - Oct 17 by Flashberryjack

It'll be a red Poppy for me......and no ! I won't be digging it out from the bottom of the draw Lisa. A bit disingenuous that.

I didn't imply everyone who wears a red poppy thinks like that Flash.

I choose to wear a red poppy myself.

I'm talking about the hypocrisy of people that do (and many do) being the ones that then have a go about white poppies.

I do find the increasing politicisation of the poppy distasteful I have to say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024