Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
House prices. 18:41 - Oct 17 with 7293 viewsSwanzay

According to this data my postcode is down 26% on 2007 figures!

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41582755

House prices. on 18:43 - Oct 17 with 7288 viewsmonmouth

When did you move in?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

House prices. on 19:04 - Oct 17 with 7245 viewspikeypaul

And mine is down 27% by that.Although in reality it’s gone up in value over that time by at least £25,000 going by what similar places are going for around me.
Just look on Zoopla it tells us all what has actually happened in prices around us.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

House prices. on 19:57 - Oct 17 with 7191 viewsPrivate_Partz

Interesting. Tylorstown RCT down 34 % Lisvane Cardiff up 17%.
The map is even more shocking in England showing how London and its environs are overheating whereas the rest of the Country is in the doldrums.
It seems we are building our own little London in Wales. We are a microcosm of England.
As an aside Dunvant is down 17%. I ain't moving house.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

House prices. on 22:59 - Oct 17 with 7125 viewsSlugster664

House prices. on 19:57 - Oct 17 by Private_Partz

Interesting. Tylorstown RCT down 34 % Lisvane Cardiff up 17%.
The map is even more shocking in England showing how London and its environs are overheating whereas the rest of the Country is in the doldrums.
It seems we are building our own little London in Wales. We are a microcosm of England.
As an aside Dunvant is down 17%. I ain't moving house.....

In the process of selling a property on the front, paid 147,500 in 2009...now on the market for 125,000 😣😣

STID

House prices. on 12:36 - Oct 18 with 6977 viewsPrivate_Partz

House prices. on 22:59 - Oct 17 by Slugster664

In the process of selling a property on the front, paid 147,500 in 2009...now on the market for 125,000 😣😣

Truly shocking mate. It seems even the best areas in Swansea are suffering but even less so than other parts of Wales. The SE being an exception.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

House prices. on 17:07 - Oct 18 with 6859 viewsJack1

We only bought our house in March 2015 and it's gone up just under £25k in just over 2 and a half years. I'm hoping that if the proposed city deal etc goes ahead it'll go up even more. Just off constitution hill, uplands side.
House prices. on 17:13 - Oct 18 with 6843 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It says mine has gone down 16% even though houses are selling around here for more than they did in 2007.

I call bullsh1t.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

House prices. on 18:38 - Oct 18 with 6800 viewsjack247

House prices. on 17:13 - Oct 18 by Joe_bradshaw

It says mine has gone down 16% even though houses are selling around here for more than they did in 2007.

I call bullsh1t.

House prices across the UK as a whole are equal to or higher now than they have ever been. Obviously some areas recovered quicker from the slump in 2007/8 than others. Northern Ireland dramatically reduces the average UK growth as their house prices are way lower now than they were 10 years ago.

The average house price in Swansea is probably marginally higher than it was pre credit crunch (the highest it would have ever been at the time).

I call bullshit too.
Login to get fewer ads

House prices. on 18:44 - Oct 18 with 6795 viewswestwalesed

Or the market is correcting itself - prices were absurd back in 2007

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

House prices. on 19:31 - Oct 18 with 6759 viewsPrivate_Partz

House prices. on 18:38 - Oct 18 by jack247

House prices across the UK as a whole are equal to or higher now than they have ever been. Obviously some areas recovered quicker from the slump in 2007/8 than others. Northern Ireland dramatically reduces the average UK growth as their house prices are way lower now than they were 10 years ago.

The average house price in Swansea is probably marginally higher than it was pre credit crunch (the highest it would have ever been at the time).

I call bullshit too.

Well I guess it would be way to take the BBC to task . Office of stats etc if BS is the case. I think there has been a 5% spike in prices recently although I would wager Landon has caused that.

House prices. on 19:44 - Oct 18 with 6741 viewsjack247

House prices. on 19:31 - Oct 18 by Private_Partz

Well I guess it would be way to take the BBC to task . Office of stats etc if BS is the case. I think there has been a 5% spike in prices recently although I would wager Landon has caused that.

Yes, London absolutely distorts the average. It’s presumably why the average English house price is substantially higher than in 2007, but there isn’t a massive difference between then and now for Wales or Scotland.

There are obviously going to be exceptions, but I’d guess most people who bought a house in Swansea in 2007, would make a profit if they sold it now.
House prices. on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 6665 viewsPrivate_Partz

House prices. on 19:44 - Oct 18 by jack247

Yes, London absolutely distorts the average. It’s presumably why the average English house price is substantially higher than in 2007, but there isn’t a massive difference between then and now for Wales or Scotland.

There are obviously going to be exceptions, but I’d guess most people who bought a house in Swansea in 2007, would make a profit if they sold it now.

Not so sure about the last bit. Prices were inflated in 2007. Since then we have almost had wall to wall austerity. From personal experience I can say that my daughters house is worth less now than when she bought it round about then. Looking at the Dunvant figures and they seem about right to me.
Also the London / Middlesbrough ( can't remember the respective areas) in England and Tylorstown / Lisvane in Wales would appear to be not far off the mark either imho.

House prices. on 05:44 - Oct 19 with 6583 viewssquarebear

What's confusing is that the website asks for your full postcode then returns the stats for your ward, so the figures are skewed.

For example, my postcode consists of a few dozen near-identical properties. The website's average value of properties in our ward is £90K different to Zoopla's figures for our postcode.

It also states "% after inflation adjustment" but doesn't explain the impact. So this article strikes me as codswallop.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 5:45]
House prices. on 07:00 - Oct 19 with 6547 viewsjack247

House prices. on 22:45 - Oct 18 by Private_Partz

Not so sure about the last bit. Prices were inflated in 2007. Since then we have almost had wall to wall austerity. From personal experience I can say that my daughters house is worth less now than when she bought it round about then. Looking at the Dunvant figures and they seem about right to me.
Also the London / Middlesbrough ( can't remember the respective areas) in England and Tylorstown / Lisvane in Wales would appear to be not far off the mark either imho.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/housepriceinde

Figure 3

Average house prices in Wales are pretty much the same as they were 10 years ago. I thought they were higher now to be honest
House prices. on 07:28 - Oct 19 with 6531 viewsraynor94

House prices. on 17:07 - Oct 18 by Jack1

We only bought our house in March 2015 and it's gone up just under £25k in just over 2 and a half years. I'm hoping that if the proposed city deal etc goes ahead it'll go up even more. Just off constitution hill, uplands side.

Mount Pleasant

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

House prices. on 07:33 - Oct 19 with 6527 viewsbuilthjack

Daughter moved house in Cardiff 3 years ago. Paid £172,000. She's thinking of moving again, and had the house valued by 2 estate agents last week. One valued it at £205,000, the other at £208,000. She hasn't done anything to it. St Mellons area.
So a 20% increase in 3 years roughly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

House prices. on 08:20 - Oct 19 with 6510 viewssketty_jack

Here is a a handy inflation calculator...

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/Pages/resources/inflationtools/calculat

Just put in what you paid for your house and when you bought it and it'll show what that sum of money would be worth in 2016 (it'll be even less now). If you can't sell your house for at least this amount then the value has gone down in real terms. £200,000 in 2007 had the same buying power as over £250,000 in 2016 for example. That's what the article is saying.
House prices. on 14:04 - Oct 19 with 6429 viewsJack1

House prices. on 07:28 - Oct 19 by raynor94

Mount Pleasant

Yep lol 😀 . House is huge, the street is quiet and everything we need is in walking distance.... perfecto!
House prices. on 14:10 - Oct 19 with 6423 viewsjack247

House prices. on 08:20 - Oct 19 by sketty_jack

Here is a a handy inflation calculator...

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/Pages/resources/inflationtools/calculat

Just put in what you paid for your house and when you bought it and it'll show what that sum of money would be worth in 2016 (it'll be even less now). If you can't sell your house for at least this amount then the value has gone down in real terms. £200,000 in 2007 had the same buying power as over £250,000 in 2016 for example. That's what the article is saying.

Yeah that makes sense.

In real terms, properties are cheaper now than they were ten years ago. In terms of £ and pence, they aren’t
House prices. on 15:15 - Oct 19 with 6401 viewsraynor94

House prices. on 14:04 - Oct 19 by Jack1

Yep lol 😀 . House is huge, the street is quiet and everything we need is in walking distance.... perfecto!

Good on you I've lived in Mount Pleasant most of my life, a great place to live, wouldn't want to go anywhere else

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

House prices. on 17:01 - Oct 19 with 6364 viewsJack1

House prices. on 15:15 - Oct 19 by raynor94

Good on you I've lived in Mount Pleasant most of my life, a great place to live, wouldn't want to go anywhere else

It's great. Uplands bars are 10mins walk away, the seafront is 15mins walk away as are the shops in the centre. We're the same level as the sancta Maria (that's one end of the road, constitution hills at the other). Didn't expect the house price to rocket as much as it has, but the wife and I love it here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024