Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban 19:00 - Oct 17 with 17539 viewsGaryjack

is anyone able to tell me if there was one particular incident that lead to the initial travel ban and subsequent 'bubble' trips between the two of us?
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 00:32 - Oct 19 with 2792 viewsLoyal

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 23:38 - Oct 18 by Humpty

We did. Can't remember the year but it was very early in the season.

Edit: It was 29th of August, 1987. We lost 1-0.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 23:41]

I remember going to ninian with my old man 1989 ?
Pre season friendly.
I do recall John Hughes scoring a header.
Not many there, can't believe we actually played a friendly there.
Or was it Barry town ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 00:35 - Oct 19 with 2792 viewsTNT

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 23:54 - Oct 17 by TNT

These are the games I've seen up there. We were banned from a couple

Div 2, 07:04:80, 1-0
Div 2, 27:12:80, 3-3
Welsh Cup Final, 11:05:82, 0-0
Div 2, 26:12:83, 3-2
Div 3, 26:12:85, 1-0
FRT, 28:01:86, 0-2
Div 4, 26:12:86, 0-0
Div 4, 29:08:87, 1-0
SVT, 06:12:88, 2-0
Div 3, 26:12:88, 2-2
Div 3, 16:04:90, 0-2
Autoglass Rd 2, 19:01:93, 1-1 (1-2 AET)
New Div 2, 27:12:93, 1-0
New Div 2, 03:09:94, 1-1
Welsh Cup SF 2nd Leg, 02:05:95, 0-0
New Div 3, 03:10:96, 1-3
New Div 3, 02:11:97, 02:11:97, 0-1
New Div 3, 18:04:99, 0-0
FAW Cup Final, 13:05:02, 1-0
Championship, 04:04:09, 2-2
Championship, 03:04:10, 2-1
Championship, 07:11:10, 0-1
Premier League, 03:11:13, 1-0
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 23:22]

Many draws in that list, and games won by the odd goal. Only four games were won by two goals, and three of those were won by The Jacks!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 01:06 - Oct 19 with 2774 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 00:32 - Oct 19 by Loyal

Pre season friendly.
Or was it Barry town ?

Def played a 'friendly' there Loyls, was disguised as some sort of Welsh tournament as we were in the same division. The years play tricks on me now but sure it was late 80's. Got off the train, straight to their pub in Canton. It was full of their lads but they locked the doors, So we just drank around Grangetown like we owned the place. The game was so crap i left and went in the Ninian for a pint on my own and told them i was a jack and nobody said a word to me!
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 01:38 - Oct 19 with 2760 viewsHumpty

Pre season friendly.
Or was it Barry town ?

We did. Can't remember the year, but some time late eighties. Only a few hundred of us there.

Bizarre. Non bubble pre season friendly against Cardiff.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 07:22 - Oct 19 with 2706 viewsNeathJack

We played a friendly there in the early 90s with Christian McLean on trial up front for us. From memory it finished 0-0.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 07:43 - Oct 19 with 2689 viewsthenorthbankbog

We did play friendly there one year early 90’s I think it was the season we briefly released the black and white stripes kit one of my mates was wearing one that day. We lost the game 1-0 the thief Blake scored from a free kick.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 09:05 - Oct 19 with 2641 viewswhoflungdung

When was it the blueshyte started to rush across to the north bank

I remember a Grangetown pub emptying after the Barnsley debacle.

They were pursueing Young jacks down alley ways ( jiggers)

Hate them ,really

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 10:03 - Oct 19 with 2616 views1983

Anyone remember a cup game up there can't remember which Freight Van or something like that circa 1985/1986 we were put in the bottom of the Grandstand when it was terracing all I remember was there was barely a crowd let alone any trouble the police took us back to the railway station in police vans

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 14:51 - Oct 19 with 2531 viewsheadcleaner

Sarn services was the night of the Autoglass and the bus made it to the roundabout where asdas is now and the back window went through as some plotted their escape. Those who were there will remember it for blocking the toilets in the nick and being split between the two stations and "I am Spartacus" when asked for name and address. fighting between the Clydach boys on the bus and the boys picked up in town. the flag in the station read Clydach Jacks 0 Bridgend Police 47. Childish times but still makes me chuckle hearing that.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 16:59 - Oct 19 with 2467 viewsskipper75

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 07:43 - Oct 19 by thenorthbankbog

We did play friendly there one year early 90’s I think it was the season we briefly released the black and white stripes kit one of my mates was wearing one that day. We lost the game 1-0 the thief Blake scored from a free kick.

It was the summer of 91, i was an apprentice at the time and was taken along to sort the kit out for the Pro's. I was in the dugout during the game and we were 1 nil down with the Cardiff fans chanting ' Frankie what the score.. Frankie..Frankie whats the score' to which he (Frank Burrows) stuck up 1 finger indicating 1 nil. There were no away fans at the game.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 17:40 - Oct 19 with 2439 viewsLoyal

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 09:05 - Oct 19 by whoflungdung

When was it the blueshyte started to rush across to the north bank

I remember a Grangetown pub emptying after the Barnsley debacle.

They were pursueing Young jacks down alley ways ( jiggers)

Hate them ,really

Cardiff adults in pubs chasing kids ?
Never, no, surely ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 18:14 - Oct 19 with 2416 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 14:51 - Oct 19 by headcleaner

Sarn services was the night of the Autoglass and the bus made it to the roundabout where asdas is now and the back window went through as some plotted their escape. Those who were there will remember it for blocking the toilets in the nick and being split between the two stations and "I am Spartacus" when asked for name and address. fighting between the Clydach boys on the bus and the boys picked up in town. the flag in the station read Clydach Jacks 0 Bridgend Police 47. Childish times but still makes me chuckle hearing that.

One of the boys asked to make a phone call and phoned clubcall to find out the result it was 1 in the morning and the whole of Bridgend central were singing ‘2-1 we beat the scum 2-1’
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 18:37 - Oct 19 with 2394 viewstaffpunk

Pre season friendly.
Or was it Barry town ?

I was there, you had about 120-150, mostly scarfers . As for the other stories on here about that game, It's like listening to the dreamers [ who were never involved ] on our site!!!!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 18:41 - Oct 19 with 2382 viewsLoyal

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 18:37 - Oct 19 by taffpunk

I was there, you had about 120-150, mostly scarfers . As for the other stories on here about that game, It's like listening to the dreamers [ who were never involved ] on our site!!!!

I can only vouch for my personal experiences many of which are on you tube for the world to see.
I see very little if anything of Cardiff in Swansea, it's always Swansea in Cardiff 👍

Have you got any Classified Protest vinyl ? ( far more interesting )

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 18:47 - Oct 19 with 2372 viewsChippy69

It was the day after Boxing Day if memory serves me correct
I remember the SWEP headline
"Season of Hatred"
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 18:49]

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 19:17 - Oct 19 with 2332 viewstaffpunk

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 18:41 - Oct 19 by Loyal

I can only vouch for my personal experiences many of which are on you tube for the world to see.
I see very little if anything of Cardiff in Swansea, it's always Swansea in Cardiff 👍

Have you got any Classified Protest vinyl ? ( far more interesting )

I'm just commenting on the posts about the friendly game, nothing else.

As for CP, think they only had a track on one of World Of Warnings comp ep's. I saw them plenty of times back then including supporting UK Subs in about 1985 at Tonypandy Naval Club. Great band, looking forward to seeing Pig's new group in Ponty soon. Was going to the football first then up to the gig later, but sod it-the all-dayer wins!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 07:46 - Oct 20 with 2214 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 23:38 - Oct 18 by Humpty

We did. Can't remember the year but it was very early in the season.

Edit: It was 29th of August, 1987. We lost 1-0.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2017 23:41]

That's the game that the policeman was covered in blood I think.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 07:59 - Oct 20 with 2198 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 23:28 - Oct 18 by TNT

This is what Wiki says:

In September 1988, after seeing their side win in Swansea, a group of Cardiff fans were chased into the sea by a group of Swansea fans. Since then, Swansea fans mockingly suggest to their Cardiff City rivals that they "swim away", in reference to the event.[6]

On 23 December 1993 a match between the two sides was dubbed 'The Battle Of Ninian Park' as Swansea fans were placed in the grandstand for the game. As Cardiff went up 1—0, The Swansea fans began ripping out seats and throwing them at the Cardiff supporters, which resulted in the home fans invading the pitch. The following day national news showing pictures of the violence shocked the nation, forcing the FAW to ban away fans from this fixture for several years, the first fixture in Britain to do so.

The Battle of Ninian was for revenge after there previous FA cup game when the police let hundreds of Cardiff fans run down the Kingsway on route to High St station.
The Cardiff fans hit out at families well everyone in their way.
To be fair they done us that day.
Then came the revenge battle of Ninian
Most Swans fans turning up at high street station to travel that day had known it was going to kick off
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 10:20]
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 08:17 - Oct 20 with 2189 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:31 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

Anybody remember the year when we won 1-0 at Ninian Park? Keith Walker volley.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:41]

Yes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 08:23 - Oct 20 with 2181 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 19:14 - Oct 18 by Vetchfielder

The season before the travel ban there was an incident at Sarn Services where a car (or cars?) was turned over by a coachload of Swans supporters, so I thought that was the reason for the ban

Ask Owainglyndwr about that :) mini was it?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 08:35 - Oct 20 with 2166 views1983

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 07:59 - Oct 20 by owainglyndwr

The Battle of Ninian was for revenge after there previous FA cup game when the police let hundreds of Cardiff fans run down the Kingsway on route to High St station.
The Cardiff fans hit out at families well everyone in their way.
To be fair they done us that day.
Then came the revenge battle of Ninian
Most Swans fans turning up at high street station to travel that day had known it was going to kick off
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 10:20]

Speak for yourself they turned up in numbers that day and that was that

1984 when we beat them 3-2 at the vetch that was a fun packed day

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 08:35 - Oct 20 with 2166 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 16:59 - Oct 19 by skipper75

It was the summer of 91, i was an apprentice at the time and was taken along to sort the kit out for the Pro's. I was in the dugout during the game and we were 1 nil down with the Cardiff fans chanting ' Frankie what the score.. Frankie..Frankie whats the score' to which he (Frank Burrows) stuck up 1 finger indicating 1 nil. There were no away fans at the game.

If that’s the game I remember then I can assure you there was away fans as I was there on the grange end with another 150 (approx) jacks Only the grandstand was open for Cardiff fans. I also remember the police walked us back to Cardiff central train station after the game Cardiff fans were trying to get to us from side streets and alleyway all the way there.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 8:49]
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 10:08 - Oct 20 with 2117 viewsLoyal

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 08:35 - Oct 20 by 1983

Speak for yourself they turned up in numbers that day and that was that

1984 when we beat them 3-2 at the vetch that was a fun packed day

93 was revenge for 91 in the fa cup when Gilligan scored for us to knock them out.
They didn't see it coming.

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 2108 views34dfgdf54

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:34 - Oct 17 by pencoedjack

Owain Glyndwr pub incident ?

Cardiff fan I know talks about that incident.

Reckons only reason Swans fans went in that pub was because it was a "family" pub, all the Cardiff fans were in Canton. It was like listening to an audio version of Annis's book.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 11:20 - Oct 20 with 2061 viewspencoedjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 10:22 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

Cardiff fan I know talks about that incident.

Reckons only reason Swans fans went in that pub was because it was a "family" pub, all the Cardiff fans were in Canton. It was like listening to an audio version of Annis's book.

Its amazing isn't it ....The Owain at the time was a popular pub with Basseys as the Borough is now.

Its like them saying 'the grandstand was full of kids' we know its not true & they know its not true.

As Loyal says Swansea have turned up in Cardiff far more times than they have down here. They turned up once with a big mob, if my memory is correct Bristol Rovers have turned up in Swansea more times than them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024