Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban 19:00 - Oct 17 with 17585 viewsGaryjack

is anyone able to tell me if there was one particular incident that lead to the initial travel ban and subsequent 'bubble' trips between the two of us?
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:53 - Oct 17 with 2627 viewsLoyal

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:51 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

And yes, it was the Owain Glyndwr incident. as you said. Once the 'capitOl' came under attack, it was time to call a halt to proceedings!

Exactly Gary. The don't like it up em, please remove that video 😂
Edit - no it's ok, there was another one that spiels had on you tube of the actual incident.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 20:59]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:53 - Oct 17 with 2625 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:50 - Oct 17 by QJumpingJack

The December 1993 was the last non bubble game. It was one of the main headlines on News At Ten.
94 was bubble.
95 and 96 there were bans for Swans fans travelling - Welsh Cup in 95 and 3-1 win in 96.
Since then it has been bubble.

Incorrect. Bans came before any bubbles were introduced.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:05 - Oct 17 with 2584 viewsQJumpingJack

We were on the away terrace for both Welsh Cup - 4-1 defeat -April 1994 - a few days after Wembley. There were about 250.
We had a bit more in Sept 1994 - 1-1 - Roger saved a penalty in the first minute.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:16 - Oct 17 with 2547 viewsHumpty

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:43 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

Got it. Welsh Cup tie.

This was after the Battle of Ninian Park.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 20:46]

That was an Autoglass game wasn't it?

The wettest I've ever been at a football match. F*cking wringing.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:19 - Oct 17 with 2543 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:05 - Oct 17 by QJumpingJack

We were on the away terrace for both Welsh Cup - 4-1 defeat -April 1994 - a few days after Wembley. There were about 250.
We had a bit more in Sept 1994 - 1-1 - Roger saved a penalty in the first minute.

The 'incident' was a Welsh Cup semi Final 2nd leg 94/95 season. after that fans were banned completely until the first bubble in 98/99.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:24 - Oct 17 with 2529 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:16 - Oct 17 by Humpty

Well if you're right Humps, then it's a complete mystery why a total ban was imposed, because any Autoglass game would have been before the Battle of NP?
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:24 - Oct 17 with 2524 viewspencoedjack

Pi ssed down all the game plus extra time

McFarland got the winning in ET ?
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:25 - Oct 17 with 2522 viewsSwanjaxs

I wonder if the bubble trips will ever be scrapped? Cant see it personally

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:26 - Oct 17 with 2519 viewsHumpty

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:24 - Oct 17 by pencoedjack

Pi ssed down all the game plus extra time

McFarland got the winning in ET ?

Martin Hayes. Highlights at the end of the video Gary posted.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:29 - Oct 17 with 2505 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:25 - Oct 17 by Swanjaxs

I wonder if the bubble trips will ever be scrapped? Cant see it personally

Not a chance. To much overtime available.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:29 - Oct 17 with 2505 viewsHumpty

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:24 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

Well if you're right Humps, then it's a complete mystery why a total ban was imposed, because any Autoglass game would have been before the Battle of NP?

Can't remember. The video you posted about the Owain Glyndŵr was Autoglass I'm sure. At the end of the video, during the highlights, they say Swans are three games away from Wembley.

Can't remember the whole timeline again.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:30 - Oct 17 with 2496 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:29 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

Not a chance. To much overtime available.

Haha true 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:31 - Oct 17 with 2490 viewsLandore_Jack

Anybody remember the year when we won 1-0 at Ninian Park? Keith Walker volley.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:41]

#backtojack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:34 - Oct 17 with 2475 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:29 - Oct 17 by Humpty

Can't remember. The video you posted about the Owain Glyndŵr was Autoglass I'm sure. At the end of the video, during the highlights, they say Swans are three games away from Wembley.

Can't remember the whole timeline again.

Ok, then it was Jan 93, Battle of Ninian Dec 93. But fans were allowed to travel in Sept 94!
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:40 - Oct 17 with 2456 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:31 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

Anybody remember the year when we won 1-0 at Ninian Park? Keith Walker volley.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:41]

02 November 1997.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:40 - Oct 17 with 2454 viewsHumpty

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:34 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

Ok, then it was Jan 93, Battle of Ninian Dec 93. But fans were allowed to travel in Sept 94!

Not sure. I always thought the ban came in after the Battle of Ninian. Can't remember any big incidents after that.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:45 - Oct 17 with 2426 viewsGowerjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 19:07 - Oct 17 by pencoedjack

The grandstand incident @ Ninian Park ?

Yep.

The evening started badly

We were all forced into just two turn styles a massive and dangerous crush and this was post Hillsborough they eventually opened the gates and we all just piled in.

There were pitch invasions from the Bob Bank and of course we did start throwing seats around.

Another memory is that there had been a fatal road traffic accident ( non football related) prior to the game and at the end as we were being kept in I clearly remember a copper absolutely covered. In fresh red blood clearly in a state of shock but still working.

Different times.

I've no recollection of the score at all..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:49 - Oct 17 with 2413 viewsGowerjack

Yep.

A Tuesday night game.

We were on that poxy little open bank behind the goal.

No roof it f ucking pissed down for 90 minutes they were lobbing bricks over the wall at us at the end.

We won I think Martin Hayes scuffed the winner.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 21:52]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:59 - Oct 17 with 2383 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 20:51 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

And yes, it was the Owain Glyndwr incident. as you said. Once the 'capitOl' came under attack, it was time to call a halt to proceedings!

The Owain Glyndwr incident was the season before we voluntarily offered to help in the demolition of Ninian Park.
The Owain Glyndwr got done over before an Autogass Trophy match I never made it to the game due to being given free b&b against my will by South Wales police whilst on my way to the game.

I actually made it to the game where the seats got ripped up which was the following season. That’s when the police said enough is enough and banned away fans.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:06 - Oct 17 with 2358 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:59 - Oct 17 by thenorthbankbog

The Owain Glyndwr incident was the season before we voluntarily offered to help in the demolition of Ninian Park.
The Owain Glyndwr got done over before an Autogass Trophy match I never made it to the game due to being given free b&b against my will by South Wales police whilst on my way to the game.

I actually made it to the game where the seats got ripped up which was the following season. That’s when the police said enough is enough and banned away fans.

But it wasn't. That's what the mystery is as in the league fixture Sept 94. Our fans were allowed to travel. It's why i started the thread.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:13 - Oct 17 with 2334 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 21:45 - Oct 17 by Gowerjack

Yep.

The evening started badly

We were all forced into just two turn styles a massive and dangerous crush and this was post Hillsborough they eventually opened the gates and we all just piled in.

There were pitch invasions from the Bob Bank and of course we did start throwing seats around.

Another memory is that there had been a fatal road traffic accident ( non football related) prior to the game and at the end as we were being kept in I clearly remember a copper absolutely covered. In fresh red blood clearly in a state of shock but still working.

Different times.

I've no recollection of the score at all..

Thats how I remember it. Also remember my cousin who I was with fuming that he’d bought a ticket in advance when most of us got in for free. Was funny seeing them leg it back to the bob bank when we came pouring into the ground. Another incident that never happened according to that lot.

That night was the biggest cluster f**k South Wales police have ever done at a game between us and the scum. I spoke to a copper a few days later who was on duty that night they expected 800 of us he said approx 1500 of us turned up.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:20 - Oct 17 with 2320 viewsthenorthbankbog

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:06 - Oct 17 by Garyjack

But it wasn't. That's what the mystery is as in the league fixture Sept 94. Our fans were allowed to travel. It's why i started the thread.

I always thought the first bubble game was when we beat them 1-0 Keith Walker scored can’t remember the year.
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:26 - Oct 17 with 2307 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:13 - Oct 17 by thenorthbankbog

Thats how I remember it. Also remember my cousin who I was with fuming that he’d bought a ticket in advance when most of us got in for free. Was funny seeing them leg it back to the bob bank when we came pouring into the ground. Another incident that never happened according to that lot.

That night was the biggest cluster f**k South Wales police have ever done at a game between us and the scum. I spoke to a copper a few days later who was on duty that night they expected 800 of us he said approx 1500 of us turned up.

Cluster f**k ain't the word! The alarm bells should have been ringing at SWP HQ as soon as the fixture date was announced!
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:29 - Oct 17 with 2297 viewsGaryjack

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:20 - Oct 17 by thenorthbankbog

I always thought the first bubble game was when we beat them 1-0 Keith Walker scored can’t remember the year.

Actually i think you're right. It was live on SKY and the cameras seemed to be more interested in what was happening in the stands half the time!
Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:30 - Oct 17 with 2291 viewsHumpty

Swansea/Cardiff fans travel ban on 22:13 - Oct 17 by thenorthbankbog

Last working day before Christmass as well I believe. We were out on the piss at dinner time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024