Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? 18:15 - Oct 19 with 9352 viewsLoyal

Just had a text stating the swans battered them by 7 goals or so in a friendly in the 80's ?
Anyone there ?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 18:15]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:24 - Oct 19 with 7146 viewsSwanjaxs

Me 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:27 - Oct 19 with 7136 viewsLoyal

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:24 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Me 👍

What was the score ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:28 - Oct 19 with 7132 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:27 - Oct 19 by Loyal

What was the score ?

Pretty much sure it was 7-0
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 18:28]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:30 - Oct 19 with 7115 viewsLoyal

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:28 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Pretty much sure it was 7-0
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 18:28]

Checking back I can see they were European champions in 1981 so I assume it was then.
Decent result 👍 I was a kid then, my old man used to take me to games from 1980'but when your a nipper they are a blur.

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 20:00 - Oct 19 with 6979 viewstheloneranger

👍🏻14th February 1981 7-0

Edit

Just spoke to my son and he reckons the score was 7-1
[Post edited 19 Oct 2017 20:06]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 20:01 - Oct 19 with 6977 viewssomersetsimon

I was there. Did Jimmy make his debut that day?
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 20:12 - Oct 19 with 6933 viewswhiterock

Wasn’t expected either, could have been more

Think Jimmy played in a friendly against Spurs, came off at half time to a standing ovation
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 20:18 - Oct 19 with 6914 viewsDewi1jack

Gave my daughter the programme along with Monaco and all our other Euro adventures.
Think she kept all the ones from the league/ cup games around the UK as well
Far, far too many programmes to take with when we moved.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 20:24 - Oct 19 with 6888 viewsTim_Harry

I remember the Silema game. Listened to the radio for score updates and my old man thought I was taking the piss. Should have taken me! :)
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 21:29 - Oct 19 with 6802 viewsJello

I was there - as far as I recall, my first ever Swans match!
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 6772 viewsLohengrin

Here you go, chaps..

Chances of a rematch were slim, Vidic had the entire squad shipped to the salt mines when they got back.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 22:01 - Oct 19 with 6742 viewsCleddau

7-1 on Valentine's Day.

Only a few thousand there and glorious weather from what I remember.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 22:16 - Oct 19 with 6697 viewssomersetsimon

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 22:01 - Oct 19 by Cleddau

7-1 on Valentine's Day.

Only a few thousand there and glorious weather from what I remember.

Think it might have been FA Cup 4th round day, but we'd lost in the 3rd round. Can't say I've ever heard of anyone playing a mid-season Saturday friendly before or since!
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 23:26 - Oct 19 with 6613 viewsCleddau

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 20:01 - Oct 19 by somersetsimon

I was there. Did Jimmy make his debut that day?

Not Jimmy's debut, he'd played pretty much every game from the start of the season. May have been Ante's debut.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 23:28 - Oct 19 with 6611 viewsCleddau

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 18:30 - Oct 19 by Loyal

Checking back I can see they were European champions in 1981 so I assume it was then.
Decent result 👍 I was a kid then, my old man used to take me to games from 1980'but when your a nipper they are a blur.

Don't think they were European Champs, that must have been Forest or Liverpool in 1981.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 23:50 - Oct 19 with 6585 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 23:28 - Oct 19 by Cleddau

Don't think they were European Champs, that must have been Forest or Liverpool in 1981.

Correct. Steaua Bucharest won the European cup in 1986. They beat Barcelona 6-5 on pens who were managed at the time by 'El Tel' (Terry Venables). Forest were the holders.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:13 - Oct 20 with 6560 viewstheloneranger

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 23:50 - Oct 19 by Garyjack

Correct. Steaua Bucharest won the European cup in 1986. They beat Barcelona 6-5 on pens who were managed at the time by 'El Tel' (Terry Venables). Forest were the holders.

Red Star won European Cup in 1991, beating Marseille on PK's 😂😂

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:16 - Oct 20 with 6553 viewschangingman

Yes, I recall it was Ante's debut. 7 - 1 was the score. I was there on the East Terrace.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:19 - Oct 20 with 6546 viewsLoyal

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 22:16 - Oct 19 by somersetsimon

Think it might have been FA Cup 4th round day, but we'd lost in the 3rd round. Can't say I've ever heard of anyone playing a mid-season Saturday friendly before or since!

Closest I can recall - Man Utd played 4 and told the FA to stuff their cup a few years back.

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:23 - Oct 20 with 6536 viewsLoyal

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 23:50 - Oct 19 by Garyjack

Ah yes, got my decades wrong 😂

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:25 - Oct 20 with 6531 viewstheloneranger

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 22:16 - Oct 19 by somersetsimon

Swans lost in the 3rd round...... 5-0 at home to Middlesboro

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 12:04 - Oct 20 with 6321 viewsHubert

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:25 - Oct 20 by theloneranger

Swans lost in the 3rd round...... 5-0 at home to Middlesboro

Was there that day...seem to remember we battered them and lost 5-0...odd game..
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 12:58 - Oct 20 with 6266 viewsCleddau

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 12:04 - Oct 20 by Hubert

Was there that day...seem to remember we battered them and lost 5-0...odd game..

One of the strangest games I've ever been to result-wise. We dominated them, yet everything they touched went in the back of the net.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 13:06 - Oct 20 with 6248 viewsTailGunner

Was there aged 10 on West Terrace. We were in the middle of an awful run & dropped to around mid table. This friendly really kicked us on, big upturn in form.....carrying us all the way to deepdale then the 1st Division.
Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 13:51 - Oct 20 with 6198 viewsGaryjack

Swansea hammer Red Star Belgrade when European champions ? on 00:13 - Oct 20 by theloneranger

Red Star won European Cup in 1991, beating Marseille on PK's 😂😂

I got the wrong team! Ffs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024