Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Alfie Mawson 14:59 - Oct 20 with 3474 viewsKennedy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41693996

Bournemouth's Charlie Daniels and Swansea's Alfie Mawson have become the first English players to join Juan Mata's Common Goal campaign.

Manchester United midfielder Mata wants players to join him in donating at least 1% of their wages to support football-related charities.

Centre-back Mawson, 23, was part of the England squad that reached the semi-final of last summer's European Under-21 Championships.

He said: "It was only a few years ago that I was playing non-league and helping out my dad at weekends with his market stall.

"Common Goal allows me to focus on my career while forming part of something that can really help transform lives of those less fortunate."

[Post edited 20 Oct 2017 14:59]

Just call me JFK

Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:18 - Oct 20 with 3424 viewspencoedjack

Indeed

Although when I posted about Mata starting this campaign there were posters who said 'they are footballers, they wont miss the money' 'should pay more' etc etc

Fantastic idea by Mata & well done Alfie & Charlie Daniels.
Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:22 - Oct 20 with 3404 viewsnantywatcher

That's how to be a role model. Well done Alfie.
Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:24 - Oct 20 with 3401 viewsbuilthjack

I read somewhere that wilfried zaha gives 10% of his earnings to charities, and has for years

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:49 - Oct 20 with 3345 viewsmacthejack

Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:24 - Oct 20 by builthjack

I read somewhere that wilfried zaha gives 10% of his earnings to charities, and has for years

I've no doubt loads of players give more than just 1% to charitable causes, in fact I think players get a bid of a hard ride and the 'selfish millionares' narrative is parroted too much.

However more players en masse donating more to charity can be no bad thing.
Well done Alfie Mawson on 17:35 - Oct 20 with 3177 viewsSTID2017

Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:49 - Oct 20 by macthejack

I've no doubt loads of players give more than just 1% to charitable causes, in fact I think players get a bid of a hard ride and the 'selfish millionares' narrative is parroted too much.

However more players en masse donating more to charity can be no bad thing.

The point is that Alfie and every other player are under no obligation to give a penny of their earnings.
So hats off to him.
If every professional sportsman did this it would help charities a great deal.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Well done Alfie Mawson on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 3121 viewsmax936

Well done Alfie and all the others who have joined in

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Well done Alfie Mawson on 19:33 - Oct 20 with 2993 viewsbuilthjack

Most of us give far more than 1% though. Perhaps they should all give 10%, they would still take home in a week what most of us earn in a year. Just saying.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Well done Alfie Mawson on 19:45 - Oct 20 with 2972 viewsmacthejack

Well done Alfie Mawson on 19:33 - Oct 20 by builthjack

Most of us give far more than 1% though. Perhaps they should all give 10%, they would still take home in a week what most of us earn in a year. Just saying.

How do you know that they don't?
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Alfie Mawson on 19:52 - Oct 20 with 2956 viewsjasper_T

Juan Mata's working on commission.
Well done Alfie Mawson on 21:49 - Oct 20 with 2832 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Alfie Mawson on 15:22 - Oct 20 by nantywatcher

That's how to be a role model. Well done Alfie.

Alfie is a top man as well as a top player. Well done mate 👏👍

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024