Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 16:57 - Oct 21 with 10760 viewsGaz_M

What a poor season he's having. He was obviously very, very limited in what he can do based on last season's evidence.

But this year he's struggling big time. Struggling to keep the ball unless it's a sideways pass, no imagination, no right foot, and his set pieces are f*cking farcical. Needs to pull his finger out.

A championship player.
Tom Carroll on 00:04 - Oct 22 with 1316 viewsDr_Winston

Tom Carroll on 23:58 - Oct 21 by Tom1912

I agree. There is no system whatsoever. I hate to say it, but I'm seeing Bob Bradley in Clement's approach to our midfield-changing it every week and hoping something works. There doesn't seem to be any thought or logic driving it.

Disagree.

Bradley was an absolute Clusterf*ck. There was no semblance of a plan or organisation under his regime in any sense. He was a distastrous appointment and his failure here was inevitable.

At present Clement is coming across far more Garry Monk. A determined, self confident bloke with a plan but absolutely no idea how to implement it or get the players on board with it either. Possessing an ego that won't countenance failure despite the evidence with a tendency to blame others when it doesn't work.

FWIW I tend to think that Clement is a far smarter cookie than Monk who does possess the capacity to learn from his mistakes, but he needs to do it quickly. We can't afford another 4/5 games until he grasps where he's going wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tom Carroll on 00:09 - Oct 22 with 1312 viewsKingBony

Tom Carroll on 00:04 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Disagree.

Bradley was an absolute Clusterf*ck. There was no semblance of a plan or organisation under his regime in any sense. He was a distastrous appointment and his failure here was inevitable.

At present Clement is coming across far more Garry Monk. A determined, self confident bloke with a plan but absolutely no idea how to implement it or get the players on board with it either. Possessing an ego that won't countenance failure despite the evidence with a tendency to blame others when it doesn't work.

FWIW I tend to think that Clement is a far smarter cookie than Monk who does possess the capacity to learn from his mistakes, but he needs to do it quickly. We can't afford another 4/5 games until he grasps where he's going wrong.

Bang on

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Tom Carroll on 00:25 - Oct 22 with 1290 viewsTom1912

Tom Carroll on 00:04 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Disagree.

Obviously he's nowhere near the same level of Bradley's incompetence, but I fail to see how Clement has any kind of plan or structure in mind at the moment. He's throwing shit at the wall and any time something kinda works (eg we beat Huddersfield while playing with wingers so we kept that) he sticks with it.

If he was changing players/formation and we could at least see some kind of basis in how he was trying to get us to play football it would make sense but at the moment I just see someone changing things about and hoping something works. Or that Sanches suddenly turns into a genuine £30m player.
Tom Carroll on 00:30 - Oct 22 with 1282 viewsDr_Winston

Tom Carroll on 00:25 - Oct 22 by Tom1912

Obviously he's nowhere near the same level of Bradley's incompetence, but I fail to see how Clement has any kind of plan or structure in mind at the moment. He's throwing shit at the wall and any time something kinda works (eg we beat Huddersfield while playing with wingers so we kept that) he sticks with it.

If he was changing players/formation and we could at least see some kind of basis in how he was trying to get us to play football it would make sense but at the moment I just see someone changing things about and hoping something works. Or that Sanches suddenly turns into a genuine £30m player.

You may be right. Perhaps I'm a hopeless optimist, clinging onto last season's performance (albeit a lesser one than Guidolin managed) as some sort of evidence that Clement knows what he's doing.

Maybe the alternative is too horrible to face.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tom Carroll on 02:55 - Oct 22 with 1231 viewsGriffting

Tom Carroll on 00:30 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

You may be right. Perhaps I'm a hopeless optimist, clinging onto last season's performance (albeit a lesser one than Guidolin managed) as some sort of evidence that Clement knows what he's doing.

Maybe the alternative is too horrible to face.

Today was particularly bizarre from a defensive point of view.
The defensive line wasn’t particularly deep, but the midfield was neither pressing the ball, nor were they staying compact and cutting off the accesss. The amount of times they just passed the ball straight through the middle of the midfield was infuriating.

Oh, and giving up possession for the first 15/20 minutes of every home game and watching the opposition stroke it about is starting to get tiresome as well. We’ve pretty much let every team we’ve played at home get into a nice rhythm from the first whistle.
Tom Carroll on 08:57 - Oct 22 with 1159 viewsSTID2017

Tom Carroll on 02:55 - Oct 22 by Griffting

Today was particularly bizarre from a defensive point of view.
The defensive line wasn’t particularly deep, but the midfield was neither pressing the ball, nor were they staying compact and cutting off the accesss. The amount of times they just passed the ball straight through the middle of the midfield was infuriating.

Oh, and giving up possession for the first 15/20 minutes of every home game and watching the opposition stroke it about is starting to get tiresome as well. We’ve pretty much let every team we’ve played at home get into a nice rhythm from the first whistle.

At one point Sanches (for all his supposed faults) was so desperate to get into the game, he was back on the 18 yard box trying too get involved.
Leicester weren't pressing at the time - we were just sitting so deep.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tom Carroll on 09:01 - Oct 22 with 1155 viewswhoflungdung

Results speak volumes and Bradley s was little worse

Pointless looking backwards anyway

Let's face it, we re all concerned but express it in different ways.

Some rip into players,manager,chairman ,others into fellow fans who ,oddly enough,have nowt to do with the team

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024