Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24481 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:50 - Oct 21 with 5367 viewsDarran

We lost though.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:50 - Oct 21 with 5373 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:51 - Oct 21 with 5369 views34dfgdf54

We looked far from a decent side today Chris.

We kept going, but that’s the only positive. Fabianski kept us in it, again.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 17:51]
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:51 - Oct 21 with 5362 viewsTom1912

I mean, if you mean the difference in the score line was literally a deflected shot then technically you're right.

But the difference in the quality between the teams was a lot more than that.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:54 - Oct 21 with 5289 viewsOldjack

Quote The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.
Leave it out ,they stuffed us in that first half by a country mile ,in the end if it wasn't for Fab we'd have lost that by a much bigger margin ,and that was fact . Carry on in this vein and down we'll go

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:55 - Oct 21 with 5276 viewsbiggar

Overall that was a shocking performance. Alarmingly pedestrian until we went two down. Yes, the players were a major factor but the manager is more to blame for me. Worrying from Clement.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:56 - Oct 21 with 5254 viewscostalotta

Nah.

When Leicester went 2 up they sat back. Nothing complex about that and we'd have done the same.

We gifted them second and perhaps was unlucky on the first, but it was coming and could and maybe should have been 2 down by the time they scored the first.

We're very poor at the moment.

Don't know what to say about Mesa. Shocking that in 2 seasons we've spent 42m on players who cannot seem to get a game.

Dyer has to start as Narsignh, like Carrol is a 1 performance in 10 player. You cannot have that sort of performer in this division.

There's a team there alright we just cannot know if its any good as the manager has lost the plot.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:56 - Oct 21 with 5241 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:51 - Oct 21 by Tom1912

I mean, if you mean the difference in the score line was literally a deflected shot then technically you're right.

But the difference in the quality between the teams was a lot more than that.

Isn't it funny how Fans react, they say that Leicester were much better than us and yet basically they played the long ball football that they always do, the very thing the Fans hate when we play it.
Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 5231 viewsNeathJack

We should have been 3-0 down before we had barely got in their half and could easily have lost that 1-6 on another day.

At least we've got Tom Carroll's set pieces to rely upon though.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 5228 viewsLeonWasGod

Troll status confirmed.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:00 - Oct 21 with 5186 viewsTom1912

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:56 - Oct 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Isn't it funny how Fans react, they say that Leicester were much better than us and yet basically they played the long ball football that they always do, the very thing the Fans hate when we play it.

There's a difference between lumping it forward and hoping for the best, and playing long balls into dangerous areas with space for your quick attacking players to exploit.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:01 - Oct 21 with 5177 viewsPrivate_Partz

I will have a pint of whatever you are drinking, despite doctors orders, and hope one day I can understand the complexities of the game. ;-)
From my poorer footballling knowledge it seems to me Jenkins has to be out the door first..
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 18:06]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 5161 viewsSTID2017

I agree with what you say about Dyer - he was excellent today.
Also Clement is clueless ATM - he insists on playing Tom Carroll. He should be nowhere near the field.
Also unless Mesa is locked in a police cell, or banished from training with the first team, then he needs to be the first name on the team sheet.
We need players with passion, fight and who know where the opposition goal is.
We are to pedestrian at the moment.
However where we do disagree is that was a great game of football and two decent sides.
It was reminiscent of two many games over the last two years, where teams we've played have been rubbish and we've been worse.
Leicester weren't in the bottom three before kickoff for nothing.
I cheered when it was worthy of it, it just didn't happen very much this afternoon

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 5121 viewsLeonWasGod

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:56 - Oct 21 by A_Fans_Dad

The difference was far greater than that. They found space between the lines and denied us space. Didn't let us get in behind often, closed us down, won the second balls, moved the ball quickly when they had it.

No their style isn't pretty, but they implemented their game plan. Neat and tidy on the ball too when they needed to be in tight quarters.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 5120 viewslifelong

I’m afraid to say,anyone who watched that game today and doesn’t realise we are in serious trouble are only kidding themselves.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:12 - Oct 21 with 5048 viewsPozuelosSideys

How about we talk about our set pieces instead. We havent done that in a week. Jokers.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:12 - Oct 21 with 5032 viewsclloy2

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:56 - Oct 21 by costalotta

Nah.

When Leicester went 2 up they sat back. Nothing complex about that and we'd have done the same.

We gifted them second and perhaps was unlucky on the first, but it was coming and could and maybe should have been 2 down by the time they scored the first.

We're very poor at the moment.

Don't know what to say about Mesa. Shocking that in 2 seasons we've spent 42m on players who cannot seem to get a game.

Dyer has to start as Narsignh, like Carrol is a 1 performance in 10 player. You cannot have that sort of performer in this division.

There's a team there alright we just cannot know if its any good as the manager has lost the plot.

You have to question the managers thinking and intentions when he starts Leon no disrespect but aged 35 against the pace that Leicester have, and Tom the thumb Caroll who has no pace either or physique. The opposition couldn't believe their luck. What has Messa done that he isn't being given game time. PC needs to be taken to task over this big time
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:14 - Oct 21 with 5005 viewsPozuelosSideys

Hang on, if you think Leicester were playing long ball football today, then maybe the tactical side of the game isnt for you.

Leicester were back playing their incisive counter attacking game. Letting us come on to them, winning the ball and then countering with quick balls out wide and through the middle completely destroying our midfield shape.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:15 - Oct 21 with 4988 viewsdobjack2

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:12 - Oct 21 by clloy2

You have to question the managers thinking and intentions when he starts Leon no disrespect but aged 35 against the pace that Leicester have, and Tom the thumb Caroll who has no pace either or physique. The opposition couldn't believe their luck. What has Messa done that he isn't being given game time. PC needs to be taken to task over this big time

If it’s football related wtf is going on.

If it’s not football related the club can’t sit on in forever.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:15 - Oct 21 with 4986 viewsrob

Was Mesa at the ground today?
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:16 - Oct 21 with 4960 viewslifelong

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:14 - Oct 21 by PozuelosSideys

Hang on, if you think Leicester were playing long ball football today, then maybe the tactical side of the game isnt for you.

Leicester were back playing their incisive counter attacking game. Letting us come on to them, winning the ball and then countering with quick balls out wide and through the middle completely destroying our midfield shape.

Most of the time they didn’t have to win the ball, we gave it back to them.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:19 - Oct 21 with 4916 viewsmonmouth

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:16 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Most of the time they didn’t have to win the ball, we gave it back to them.

Especially in their favourite positions around their own box with our centre backs forward. How can professional players be so shit under no pressure with a static ball. It really beggars belief.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:24 - Oct 21 with 4864 viewsJonTheJack

Good gracious me. If the OP thinks that was decent then I fully expect a heart attack from all the excitement when we do get going.

Another horror performance; and piling on the pressure even more when the manager thinks that it's "too early to be talking about relegation" because that is another game that we will wish we had coming after Christmas when we're up schitt creek without a paddle.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:29 - Oct 21 with 4814 viewsexiledclaseboy

I like the thread starter, he’s a good lad but he’s got this one wrong. We were beyond shit today. Without Fabianski it would have been a rout.

Poll: Tory leader

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 4797 viewsNeathJack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:15 - Oct 21 by rob

Was Mesa at the ground today?

Yes. He turned up with the squad suited and booted and carrying his wash bag.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024