Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24389 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:38 - Oct 23 with 1150 viewsDarran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:11 - Oct 23 by whoflungdung

I'm just puzzled Steve

I'm not senile ,old or thick ,in all seriousness but I challenge anyone to be truly upset right now

I find the Sumer signings unforgivable. Jeez ,cork was average but better than Clucas .

I truly have a horror story in my head over Bony so...maybe we could flog him in January if someone dumb enough to buy him

"I'm not senile ,old or thick ,in all seriousness but I challenge anyone to be truly upset right now"

You are,believe me you definitely are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:42 - Oct 23 with 1146 viewsKinsey

This thread is exhausting and almost cringeworthy seeing Res trying to justify the shower of sh1t we are currently playing with
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:32 - Oct 23 with 1103 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 07:44 - Oct 23 by STID2017

You are not nutmegging me or any other poster who disagrees with your view over how things are going this season.
You have made an absolute fool of yourself with this post, and even those posters who normally come out in support of you cannot say anything to justify you.
You are showing yourself as sad, stubborn and deluded in persisting with your viewpoints in spite of evidence to the contrary.
BTW as you know nothing about me, please stop alluding to my age, unless you are so young and immature it upsets you to be shown up by a proper grown up.

I see you've shut up about the Southampton stats then, you Dithery old fool.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 1102 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:19 - Oct 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Not implying anything here but would we have signed him on a fat wage if he wasn't going to sue us over "agent gate". It's probably just a coincidence.

He's injured FFS.

They kinda happen in the sport, like.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:35 - Oct 23 with 1096 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:11 - Oct 23 by whoflungdung

I'm just puzzled Steve

I'm not senile ,old or thick ,in all seriousness but I challenge anyone to be truly upset right now

I find the Sumer signings unforgivable. Jeez ,cork was average but better than Clucas .

I truly have a horror story in my head over Bony so...maybe we could flog him in January if someone dumb enough to buy him

How exactly do you know he's worse than Cork?

I hope it's not on the couple of cameo appearances for us because you'd be embarrassing yourself making that suggestion on that basis.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:38 - Oct 23 with 1086 viewswhoflungdung

Chris

When you ve caught as I've been in my time in flagrante ,I'm not too bothered about some having a different opinion.

I would be embarrassed to type the bitter invective towards sigurdsson though

Clucas?. I d reverse the question, how do you know he s not worse

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:39 - Oct 23 with 1087 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:42 - Oct 23 by Kinsey

This thread is exhausting and almost cringeworthy seeing Res trying to justify the shower of sh1t we are currently playing with

I'm happy to take all the cowardly shit on this site mate.

I'm also happy to know we've been in every game we've played and we've given them all a good run for their money.

Fack me, we've lost 5, drawn 2 and won 2. 8 points from 9 games and are 15th

big facking wow in the Premier League.

Our biggest problem is vvank newbie fans like you.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:41 - Oct 23 with 1080 viewswhoflungdung

Chris.some have levelled similiar at you and you ain't arsed,which is good .

I'm the same

Anyway,flights fookn late so I'm getting annoyed now

Tablets almost out of juice

So...I love you all

Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:52 - Oct 23 with 1066 viewsKinsey

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:39 - Oct 23 by TheResurrection

I'm happy to take all the cowardly shit on this site mate.

I'm also happy to know we've been in every game we've played and we've given them all a good run for their money.

Fack me, we've lost 5, drawn 2 and won 2. 8 points from 9 games and are 15th

big facking wow in the Premier League.

Our biggest problem is vvank newbie fans like you.

What makes you think I’m a newbie fan????

If you think newbie fans are the problem, you’re even more deluded than you already sound.

Surely, new life blood into teams is what is needed for a team to grow/exist.

Get off your high horse mate. Admit we are in the sh1t, admit we’ve made bad choices, and stop being so condescending to almost everyone, just because they have a differing opinion to you.

What’s wrong with you for god sake?!
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:59 - Oct 23 with 1058 viewswhoflungdung

I'm into my sixtieth year as a fan of my home town club,but I'm no better than any other fan

And no other fan is better either

With aPologised to Tom Waits

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 13:02 - Oct 23 with 1055 viewsKinsey

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:59 - Oct 23 by whoflungdung

I'm into my sixtieth year as a fan of my home town club,but I'm no better than any other fan

And no other fan is better either

With aPologised to Tom Waits

Well said.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 13:22 - Oct 23 with 1029 viewsJackFish

"I'm seeing improvements, not as fast and as much as I'd want or hope but definitely seeing improvements and without any doubt whatsoever, so much more than last season."

Not being funny, but what improvements exactly are you seeing from last season? We're better than we were this time last season under Bradley obviously, that's not difficult. To me, we look miles away from the team that won at Anfield last season under Clement, or the one that won six home games from January-May.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 14:29 - Oct 23 with 1000 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:32 - Oct 23 by TheResurrection

I see you've shut up about the Southampton stats then, you Dithery old fool.

If you believe we didn't get all but hammered at Southampton you are barking.
Possession 60% - 40%
Shots - 29 - 4
Shots on target - 2 - 0
Corners 13 - 0

Honestly we were lucky that day.
If that and Spurs mark our best away performances of the season, the how low have we sunk from the days when we drew at Chelsea and could have won, beat Arsenal on their own ground, won at Old Trafford, even last season with the two players you reckon contribute nothing we won at Liverpool and should have won at Man Utd ?
Please give it up - you clearly know less than nothing about the Swans.
Are you Cardiff in disguise ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 14:30 - Oct 23 with 997 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 13:22 - Oct 23 by JackFish

"I'm seeing improvements, not as fast and as much as I'd want or hope but definitely seeing improvements and without any doubt whatsoever, so much more than last season."

Not being funny, but what improvements exactly are you seeing from last season? We're better than we were this time last season under Bradley obviously, that's not difficult. To me, we look miles away from the team that won at Anfield last season under Clement, or the one that won six home games from January-May.

Hang on so you are comparing us now to what we maybe like after the next window?

And Bradley? You may have forgotten the pathetic start we had that got Bradley the job in the first place?

it wasn't until the 19th of November that we went past the points we have right now,
we beat Palace 5-4 to take us to 9.

..... and that was 13 games in. We've currently played 9.

We then went on a chaotic 6 game run picking up a further 3 points to take us to 12 points. By now we were in January.

That's just 4 more points than we're on now before the new year.

And this with Siggy playing every game and Llorente.

We are so, so much better than last season.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 14:43 - Oct 23 with 981 viewsAngelRangelQS

I thought we were pretty awful on Saturday and the OP is being a bit kind.

However, to say that we are anywhere near as bad as we were under Bradley is absolutely bonkers. I do have some doubts over Clement but when he came in, we looked like we'd drop out of the league in spectacular fashion. The fact that we are even in the PL this season is remarkable considering where we were on New Years Even, both in terms of league position, morale and recent results not to mention organisation. At least this year we look like although we may be crap, we may stay up.

Away from home and defensively in general, I think we've got it sussed. He doesn't have a clue in midfield though in much the same way as Bob didn't have a clue at centre back and is seemingly incapable of getting us playing with any flair or creativity whatsoever.

The problem Clement has is that if the football is entertaining and we are losing then there are plenty that will forgive him. Similarly, if the football is awful but we are picking up results, most will overlook it. At the moment though, it's usually pretty bad and we aren't picking up the results people would have hoped for.

The other issue, of course, is that he apparently gave the green light on Clucas and Mesa seemingly without knowing how to accommodate them so either he doesn't have the balls to tell HJ and Altman where to go (worrying) or he agrees to players he doesn't know very much about (even more worrying).

Also, on Saturday in his post game interview, he hinted at the crowd being nervous doesn't help which, irrespective of any accuracy, is usually the beginning of the end.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 14:45]
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 15:32 - Oct 23 with 947 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 14:43 - Oct 23 by AngelRangelQS

I thought we were pretty awful on Saturday and the OP is being a bit kind.

However, to say that we are anywhere near as bad as we were under Bradley is absolutely bonkers. I do have some doubts over Clement but when he came in, we looked like we'd drop out of the league in spectacular fashion. The fact that we are even in the PL this season is remarkable considering where we were on New Years Even, both in terms of league position, morale and recent results not to mention organisation. At least this year we look like although we may be crap, we may stay up.

Away from home and defensively in general, I think we've got it sussed. He doesn't have a clue in midfield though in much the same way as Bob didn't have a clue at centre back and is seemingly incapable of getting us playing with any flair or creativity whatsoever.

The problem Clement has is that if the football is entertaining and we are losing then there are plenty that will forgive him. Similarly, if the football is awful but we are picking up results, most will overlook it. At the moment though, it's usually pretty bad and we aren't picking up the results people would have hoped for.

The other issue, of course, is that he apparently gave the green light on Clucas and Mesa seemingly without knowing how to accommodate them so either he doesn't have the balls to tell HJ and Altman where to go (worrying) or he agrees to players he doesn't know very much about (even more worrying).

Also, on Saturday in his post game interview, he hinted at the crowd being nervous doesn't help which, irrespective of any accuracy, is usually the beginning of the end.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 14:45]

Now that is an outstanding post and whilst I don't agree with everything word for word I can totally understand all points raised, especially some with bells on.

Clement is also digging out the players when he should first of all be looking at himself. That's a worrying trend from him which also won't end well.

I also think people are putting too much emphasis on the first 15 minutes. As the rest of the game was even and I personally felt it was a good watch, not what I wanted in terms of the result but we had a lot of possession for a change, moved it quickly and found space to shoot 19 times. All this is an improvement on previously, that's a fact.

We didn't create enough space to get brilliant chances I'm not trying to dress it up like we did, but being on the ball more at home is the first area we needed to improve on.

Also, they were bloody good Saturday. Why is everyone just dismissing that fact maybe just because of a dodgy start they'd had. That's not fair.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 15:33 - Oct 23 with 946 viewsJackFish

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 14:30 - Oct 23 by TheResurrection

Hang on so you are comparing us now to what we maybe like after the next window?

And Bradley? You may have forgotten the pathetic start we had that got Bradley the job in the first place?

it wasn't until the 19th of November that we went past the points we have right now,
we beat Palace 5-4 to take us to 9.

..... and that was 13 games in. We've currently played 9.

We then went on a chaotic 6 game run picking up a further 3 points to take us to 12 points. By now we were in January.

That's just 4 more points than we're on now before the new year.

And this with Siggy playing every game and Llorente.

We are so, so much better than last season.

Yes, I was comparing us to the team Clement put together in the second half of last season, that would have been comfortably in mid-table over the course of a full season. We seem to have gone backwards from that side, agreed?

There's not a lot in it for me between the current side and the one that Guidolin had for the first seven games of last season, but we are thankfully much better than under Bradley, and I said that in my previous post.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:10 - Oct 23 with 911 viewsmonmouth

Our biggest issue at the moment is our manager for me I'm afraid. In his interview he constantly refers to 'how we talked about what Leicester would do and how we would stop them'. Not once does he talk about what we were meant to do to make them worry about stopping us. Maybe semantics, but to me that sums the whole show up at the moment. Worry only about stopping the other team and hope to nick something somehow. Our attacking patterns simply do not exist.

Add in the implied criticism of the players and some other stuff ('they sat in silence for ten minutes waiting for me' WTF? I'd rather they were angry sorting some of it out for themselves. They are professional footballers, not a school team. He will just tie a noose around his neck like this. I think he needs some guidance, just like Monk needed some guidance. Ego looks to be driving the boat. I'm starting to see some real parallels with Monk. 'Us' 'The Management; 'Them' The Players.

The good news and I'm right on it with the Res here, is that we are in every game, and, whereas I think we got away a bit lightly Saturday (that's Fabianski's JOB though), we should and probably would have beaten Newcastle on any other day without those ridiculous misses. We've always rode our luck, Christ, Wigan and Fulham both missed penalties that might have crushed us early season under Rodgers, and Laudrup was a Kone wrongly disallowed goal away from the wheels falling off in the 'golden' season. All these things are just noise.

No, my biggest issue just now is purely down to selection, tactics and attitude against teams that we should impose ourselves on and not quake in fear about.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:38 - Oct 23 with 890 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:10 - Oct 23 by monmouth

Our biggest issue at the moment is our manager for me I'm afraid. In his interview he constantly refers to 'how we talked about what Leicester would do and how we would stop them'. Not once does he talk about what we were meant to do to make them worry about stopping us. Maybe semantics, but to me that sums the whole show up at the moment. Worry only about stopping the other team and hope to nick something somehow. Our attacking patterns simply do not exist.

Add in the implied criticism of the players and some other stuff ('they sat in silence for ten minutes waiting for me' WTF? I'd rather they were angry sorting some of it out for themselves. They are professional footballers, not a school team. He will just tie a noose around his neck like this. I think he needs some guidance, just like Monk needed some guidance. Ego looks to be driving the boat. I'm starting to see some real parallels with Monk. 'Us' 'The Management; 'Them' The Players.

The good news and I'm right on it with the Res here, is that we are in every game, and, whereas I think we got away a bit lightly Saturday (that's Fabianski's JOB though), we should and probably would have beaten Newcastle on any other day without those ridiculous misses. We've always rode our luck, Christ, Wigan and Fulham both missed penalties that might have crushed us early season under Rodgers, and Laudrup was a Kone wrongly disallowed goal away from the wheels falling off in the 'golden' season. All these things are just noise.

No, my biggest issue just now is purely down to selection, tactics and attitude against teams that we should impose ourselves on and not quake in fear about.

I thought EXACTLY the same thing listening to him.

It was all about them and when he talks about being at home you don't think of it as a place where we concentrate more on what they'll do and less about us.

He's also starting the trend of throwing the players under the bus, this has gradually emerged since maybe Newcastle or Watford but it's become more apparent and obvious with each interview.

He's not stupid and he knows he'll be soon in the firing line from the home crowd and he's in full on protection mode.

If he's going to argue the point Mesa and Clucas aren't his signings so he's not playing them, then it's not going to wash with him picking Sanches regularly, because he's not ripped up any trees whatsoever in his few games. I'm not slagging him off, purely suggesting Sanches has shown as much ability as Mesa or say Clucas against Palace.

The big problem for us is his issue with width and what pissed me off from his interview was him describing our tactics by mentioning a 'deep block'. This is Garry Monk speak and smacks of modern coaches who have recently gone to school to get their badges.

It's the deep block he's mastered but at what expense? Where is our width?

Have a look at the heat map from Saturday and you'll see Narsingh hugging the touch line and everyone else all smack bang in the middle of the pitch, that's always going to be easier to defend than if we were making the pitch bigger and moving it back and for pulling them about a bit.

Does he trust his players? Clearly not, but if he's not going to pick them or play them in the wrong position what does he expect?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:57 - Oct 23 with 867 viewslondonlisa2001

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:38 - Oct 23 by TheResurrection

It was all about them and when he talks about being at home you don't think of it as a place where we concentrate more on what they'll do and less about us.

He's also starting the trend of throwing the players under the bus, this has gradually emerged since maybe Newcastle or Watford but it's become more apparent and obvious with each interview.

He's not stupid and he knows he'll be soon in the firing line from the home crowd and he's in full on protection mode.

If he's going to argue the point Mesa and Clucas aren't his signings so he's not playing them, then it's not going to wash with him picking Sanches regularly, because he's not ripped up any trees whatsoever in his few games. I'm not slagging him off, purely suggesting Sanches has shown as much ability as Mesa or say Clucas against Palace.

The big problem for us is his issue with width and what pissed me off from his interview was him describing our tactics by mentioning a 'deep block'. This is Garry Monk speak and smacks of modern coaches who have recently gone to school to get their badges.

Have a look at the heat map from Saturday and you'll see Narsingh hugging the touch line and everyone else all smack bang in the middle of the pitch, that's always going to be easier to defend than if we were making the pitch bigger and moving it back and for pulling them about a bit.

Does he trust his players? Clearly not, but if he's not going to pick them or play them in the wrong position what does he expect?

I'm starting to get concerned that he has to pick Sanches to be honest.

We've now found out Chelsea can recall Tammy if he doesn't start or play enough games - wonder what the deal is with Sanches?

I really hope not.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:07 - Oct 23 with 860 viewslonglostjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:38 - Oct 23 by TheResurrection

I agree. How can you go without wingers if there's no decent attacking midfielder to provide the killer pass and link up with your forward?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:10 - Oct 23 with 853 viewsmonmouth

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:57 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

We've now found out Chelsea can recall Tammy if he doesn't start or play enough games - wonder what the deal is with Sanches?

I really hope not.

I think PC said there was no recall with Sanches, which doesn't mean there's no 'plays in every game he's fit' clause I suppose, which would be worse unless he gets his act together.

Edit. I can see that's what you meant now.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 18:10]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:11 - Oct 23 with 851 viewsZZoric

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:57 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

I really hope not.

in a v recent interview he explained that the Sanches contract was different to Tammy's - ie it didnt have the same threshold clause
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:25 - Oct 23 with 841 viewsjack247

I really hope not.

I hope not too, but it ‘should’ be academic.

A player of that quality should be starting games. Clement should be able to get more out of Sanches than he can out of Fer, Ki, Narsingh or whoever. It’s a bit worrying that we’ve got a genuine global prospect (admittedly a very rough diamond) and we can’t get a performance out of him.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:33 - Oct 23 with 833 viewslondonlisa2001

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:25 - Oct 23 by jack247

I hope not too, but it ‘should’ be academic.

A player of that quality should be starting games. Clement should be able to get more out of Sanches than he can out of Fer, Ki, Narsingh or whoever. It’s a bit worrying that we’ve got a genuine global prospect (admittedly a very rough diamond) and we can’t get a performance out of him.

No player should be guaranteed a start or place in the squad. He should be good enough, but at the moment, he's not showing any reason for picking him at the expense of Mesa, Ki, or for that matter Clucas.

I agree with your point that we should be able to get more from him - he shows flashes of a mind that's working more quickly than other players to be honest, which is one of the problems maybe, but he needs to be encouraged to play in a way that works for us rather than a way which works if he's playing with Ronaldo.

I'm concerned that Clement has gone into defence mode - not only on the pitch, but off it as well. It doesn't normally end well when managers do that.

This whole issue with Mesa doesn't make any sense either. Anyone that believes that nonsense in the Western Mail today needs their head examined. Something is wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024