Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24247 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:38 - Oct 21 with 1336 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:05 - Oct 21 by lifelong

I’m afraid to say,anyone who watched that game today and doesn’t realise we are in serious trouble are only kidding themselves.

Not kidding myself whatsoever, compared to the last 2 seasons we are in no trouble at all.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:40 - Oct 21 with 1333 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:14 - Oct 21 by PozuelosSideys

Hang on, if you think Leicester were playing long ball football today, then maybe the tactical side of the game isnt for you.

Leicester were back playing their incisive counter attacking game. Letting us come on to them, winning the ball and then countering with quick balls out wide and through the middle completely destroying our midfield shape.

So just to get this right, are you saying Leicester were good?

Only the truest of mugs would say different.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:41 - Oct 21 with 1328 viewsswansea68

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:13 - Oct 21 by costalotta

Thing is we've now got this reputation of stripping quality out of a team and subsequently firing a manager for the mistakes of the so called DOF.

Yes but the DOF doesn't pick the team and set us up. And if the manager was not given funds to buy players he wanted within reason he should have walked.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:43 - Oct 21 with 1314 viewsPozuelosSideys

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:34 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Well we scored from 1?

Yeh. The biggest shank ever.

We all know we are missing the set piece options from last year, its no secret.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:44 - Oct 21 with 1311 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:16 - Oct 21 by lifelong

Most of the time they didn’t have to win the ball, we gave it back to them.

3 up votes because you said something negative.

Pathetic.

The game was full of quick change arounds, them too, the weather was a bit shit you may have noticed.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:46 - Oct 21 with 1286 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:19 - Oct 21 by monmouth

Especially in their favourite positions around their own box with our centre backs forward. How can professional players be so shit under no pressure with a static ball. It really beggars belief.

What time did this happen or are you just chucking some mud at a wall here?

Crosses into the box don't count, this happens with every team in this league and beyond.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:47 - Oct 21 with 1280 viewsjack247

The points made in that opening post are bang on. The title is way off the mark.

It wasn’t a great game of football and there was only one decent side. Yes they won 2-1 with a deflection and a borderline offside (haven’t seen the replay) goal, but they were the real deal. We were turgid in the first half, huffed and puffed in the second but it would have been very unfair on them had we scraped a draw.

The points about Mesa and Dyer are hard to disagree with. Leon didn’t have his best game, Ki did ok but didn’t really add any impetus. Narsingh gives us width and can be direct (second goal last week) but looks every bit an eredivisie quality player. Dyer should be starting, Mesa should be on the bench at the very least.

Also the point about Clement. Don’t know what he said after the game, but I’d he came out with his usual ‘we can do better/we have to work hard and believe’ shit or even worse distances himself from it, he is playing a dangerous game. Starting to look like a man who has run out of ideas.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:49 - Oct 21 with 1278 viewsDr_Winston

If the final score had been 4 or 5-1 to Leicester we couldn't have complained. We were out fought, out thought and out played.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:53 - Oct 21 with 1254 viewsplasjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:49 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

If the final score had been 4 or 5-1 to Leicester we couldn't have complained. We were out fought, out thought and out played.

And out sung.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:53 - Oct 21 with 1253 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:13 - Oct 21 by costalotta

Thing is we've now got this reputation of stripping quality out of a team and subsequently firing a manager for the mistakes of the so called DOF.

I am not one for knocking the manager on a whim, but repeatedly this season (even last week) he picked a negative side against teams we should be setting out to have a go at.
I know Leon has been a brilliant servant for the club, but there should be no need for him in the team.
The fact that there is shows not the lack of depth in the squad but the lack of ability to think outside the box by Clement, as well as the fact that he picks Clement and allows him to take dead balls, even when they result in at best nothing or at worst giving the opposition a chance to counter attack
Sorry but his time is up, as I feel the result of the Manure & Arsenal games are academic. We need to clear the decks and start preparing for the Brighton game.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:57 - Oct 21 with 1230 viewsplasjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:53 - Oct 21 by STID2017

I am not one for knocking the manager on a whim, but repeatedly this season (even last week) he picked a negative side against teams we should be setting out to have a go at.
I know Leon has been a brilliant servant for the club, but there should be no need for him in the team.
The fact that there is shows not the lack of depth in the squad but the lack of ability to think outside the box by Clement, as well as the fact that he picks Clement and allows him to take dead balls, even when they result in at best nothing or at worst giving the opposition a chance to counter attack
Sorry but his time is up, as I feel the result of the Manure & Arsenal games are academic. We need to clear the decks and start preparing for the Brighton game.

About as academic as Huddersfield winning today.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:59 - Oct 21 with 1219 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:29 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

I like the thread starter, he’s a good lad but he’s got this one wrong. We were beyond shit today. Without Fabianski it would have been a rout.

Oh no i haven't, I've got this bang on as usual.

That was a good game of football under the conditions, fast, full of ground zip and full blooded.

They had their moments, they more than held their own and they earned every penny of their win, all over the pitch.

We gave as much as we could trying to chase the game and get back into it after a slow start but it wasn't to be.

Hey we lost a game in the EPL - this happens FFS. You laid out your cards the other day, you're bored, it's not the same as 2011.

Think about that for a minute and see where the real issue is? With you or the Club?

And this goes to a huge amount of Swans fans at the moment.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 1202 viewsDarran

If anyone can honestly say we don't currently look in big trouble with relegation a possibility they need to pack it in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:03 - Oct 21 with 1179 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:48 - Oct 21 by swansea68

I've tended to agree with some of your posts and I totally agree that the manager is in big trouble here. I would sack him now. The problem we have got is there is a team in there that would have beaten Leicester today buts its all down to the way the manager sets us up and picks the team. What I want to know is what goes on on the training ground . Last week we needed a very poor clearance from the keeper for us to score otherwise we were heading for 0-0 at HT against a poor Huddersfield team. We are simply not creating enough in the opposition half. Very very average players.

Manager needs to go cos even if we signed attacking players in January it's not in his nature to be more offensive.

That poor Hudds team that just ended Man U's unbeaten record?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:06 - Oct 21 with 1151 viewsphact0rri

Honestly I saw glimpses of a side from years ago. We lost, mainly due to the players stopping play to make decisions for the officials. I was entertained and totally gutted that Leicester came away with three points. But maybe I'm blinded by just how much I loathe the foxes. But there is definitely a spark and a drive in this team. I think there's some players that are only going to improve and it sucks to wait to come good. but that's honestly what I feel.

I can only feel depression after the match. but to say we had a hiding or that there was only one team on the pitch today is idiotic. What separated us today was stopping when we thought something was off side or outside, when in reality we should know full well officials are never giving us those 50/50 decisions.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:07 - Oct 21 with 1147 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:20 - Oct 21 by Pacemaker

Tom Carroll's inability to put a decent ball anywhere was frustrating and cost us at least one goal and could have cost us more, Narsingh's refusal to defend in anyway is leaving a huge hole on his side of the field, and why don't we break at any kind of speed when we have Abraham and Ayew willing to run the angles.

The rest were worse than dog shit apart from Fabianski who has saved us from an absolute rout, I am almost always a positive person the last three seasons have tested me severely.

Annoyingly I still think we have the basis for a good team even though our transfer business has been a shambles since Laudrup and his agent left.

Carroll cost us a goal?

What on utter facking bonkers earth is that from? Are you on Ket?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:08 - Oct 21 with 1134 viewsPacemaker

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:59 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Oh no i haven't, I've got this bang on as usual.

That was a good game of football under the conditions, fast, full of ground zip and full blooded.

They had their moments, they more than held their own and they earned every penny of their win, all over the pitch.

We gave as much as we could trying to chase the game and get back into it after a slow start but it wasn't to be.

Hey we lost a game in the EPL - this happens FFS. You laid out your cards the other day, you're bored, it's not the same as 2011.

Think about that for a minute and see where the real issue is? With you or the Club?

And this goes to a huge amount of Swans fans at the moment.

The problem is that the club set its stall out under Martinez, the part line that we would play a certain way and expect a certain standard, we all went along and enjoyed the ups and downs (Sousa) the height of which was under Laudrup and his signings when we all thought we could beat anybody and still play well even on the back foot.

Since then we have gone backwards year on year and these players are not even close to the quality we have seen here in recent years and neither is the managers ability to get the best of the players, nice bloke but out of his depth.

League 1 was more enjoyable than this from a playing quality, we couldn't defend then but we could out pass sides all over very the field.

I just don't see what you are seeing out there Chris we are verging on the embarrassing at the moment.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:08 - Oct 21 with 1130 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:01 - Oct 21 by Darran

If anyone can honestly say we don't currently look in big trouble with relegation a possibility they need to pack it in.

Relegation is a possibility for Everton. It is looking probable for us. Meanwhile this man says he's bang on as usual, when only last week he was telling us how Carroll takes a better set piece than Gylfi can.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:12 - Oct 21 with 1106 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:47 - Oct 21 by jack247

The points made in that opening post are bang on. The title is way off the mark.

It wasn’t a great game of football and there was only one decent side. Yes they won 2-1 with a deflection and a borderline offside (haven’t seen the replay) goal, but they were the real deal. We were turgid in the first half, huffed and puffed in the second but it would have been very unfair on them had we scraped a draw.

The points about Mesa and Dyer are hard to disagree with. Leon didn’t have his best game, Ki did ok but didn’t really add any impetus. Narsingh gives us width and can be direct (second goal last week) but looks every bit an eredivisie quality player. Dyer should be starting, Mesa should be on the bench at the very least.

Also the point about Clement. Don’t know what he said after the game, but I’d he came out with his usual ‘we can do better/we have to work hard and believe’ shit or even worse distances himself from it, he is playing a dangerous game. Starting to look like a man who has run out of ideas.

That was a good game of Premier league football, fast as fack, full of energy and zip and full blooded to the death.

We lost, it happens. We were decent, they were as well.

I didn't see the first 15 minutes as was caught up in the traffic nonsense so I'll need to see that back, but from 15 on it was a good game and we more than played our part.

The division is this. On 88 minutes droves left but on 97 minutes there were big swathes of genuine fans clapping the boys off the pitch. Them I am proud of. The pathetic, depressive whining kunts on here, facking embarrassing.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:13 - Oct 21 with 1099 viewsPacemaker

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:07 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Carroll cost us a goal?

What on utter facking bonkers earth is that from? Are you on Ket?

Yes when he insists on taking a free kick which everyone in the ground knows will not beat either the wall or more often than not the first man from a corner, the results of which had us desperately trying to cover ground and from which they scored.

Not on anything unfortunately just report what I saw stone cold sober with no misconceived agenda.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 1084 viewslifelong

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:44 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

3 up votes because you said something negative.

Pathetic.

The game was full of quick change arounds, them too, the weather was a bit shit you may have noticed.

I am not a negative fan, but watching that game today made me feel very negative, we were very lucky not to ship 6 goals and we looked clueless in the final third... a very poor performance.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:15 - Oct 21 with 1073 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:49 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Bullshit.

And strange, because I thought this vvank message board was all about shots on goal....???

Swans 19 - Leicester 11

Strange now the shots target is just dismissed out of sight.

Middle aged depressive kunts with nothing going on.....

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:17 - Oct 21 with 1057 viewsplasjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:12 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

That was a good game of Premier league football, fast as fack, full of energy and zip and full blooded to the death.

I didn't see the first 15 minutes as was caught up in the traffic nonsense so I'll need to see that back, but from 15 on it was a good game and we more than played our part.

The division is this. On 88 minutes droves left but on 97 minutes there were big swathes of genuine fans clapping the boys off the pitch. Them I am proud of. The pathetic, depressive whining kunts on here, facking embarrassing.

There was only 4 mins of extra time.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:18 - Oct 21 with 1054 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:01 - Oct 21 by Darran

I'm saying that and I aint packing anything in.

I'm bang up for the next game and the one after that, and....

Sad tvvat

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 1027 viewsJackfath

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:12 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

You're not allowed to comment on those who leave early.

I was there to the end and I gave Nathan and Tammy a clap as they were the only ones I saw who made an effort with the fans after the whistle.

Thank you for being proud of me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024