Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24478 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 2082 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:06 - Oct 21 by phact0rri

Honestly I saw glimpses of a side from years ago. We lost, mainly due to the players stopping play to make decisions for the officials. I was entertained and totally gutted that Leicester came away with three points. But maybe I'm blinded by just how much I loathe the foxes. But there is definitely a spark and a drive in this team. I think there's some players that are only going to improve and it sucks to wait to come good. but that's honestly what I feel.

I can only feel depression after the match. but to say we had a hiding or that there was only one team on the pitch today is idiotic. What separated us today was stopping when we thought something was off side or outside, when in reality we should know full well officials are never giving us those 50/50 decisions.

Finally a sensible voice among the shit pit floating round a vomit bowl full of mogadon induced facking simpletons.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:22 - Oct 21 with 2077 viewsjack247

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:12 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

That was a good game of Premier league football, fast as fack, full of energy and zip and full blooded to the death.

We lost, it happens. We were decent, they were as well.

I didn't see the first 15 minutes as was caught up in the traffic nonsense so I'll need to see that back, but from 15 on it was a good game and we more than played our part.

The division is this. On 88 minutes droves left but on 97 minutes there were big swathes of genuine fans clapping the boys off the pitch. Them I am proud of. The pathetic, depressive whining kunts on here, facking embarrassing.

The opening 15 minutes wasn’t much different to the rest of the first half, although Sanches was arguably sharper with his simple passing early on.

Yeah we played our part and yeah Leicester were very good, a lot better than I was expecting based on their league position. They were comfortably the better team though, I don’t think anyone can seriously argue that.

I’m not one for changing managers on a whim, but I think we’ve got the players to be genuinely competing with teams like that, not just giving them a game. I’d like to see what this team could do with a bit less shackles. Leicester were disciplined today, but also played with a verve and freedom at the right time. Whether they were doing that under Shakespeare I don’t know.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:22 - Oct 21 with 2074 viewsDarran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:18 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

I'm saying that and I aint packing anything in.

I'm bang up for the next game and the one after that, and....

Sad tvvat

If we are only going to take 3 points from Newcastle,Watford,Huddersfield and Leicester at home we are going to struggle.

What exactly is sad about that?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:27 - Oct 21 with 2048 viewsQJumpingJack

Today was disappointing.
Losing at home to Newcastle, Watford and Leicester is alarm bells like Hull home last August.
We also lost to a West Ham team which got dismantled by Brighton.
We probably will stay up. There will be three clubs who are slightly worse than us but it will not be an enjoyable season.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:27 - Oct 21 with 2045 viewsjack247

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:22 - Oct 21 by Darran

If we are only going to take 3 points from Newcastle,Watford,Huddersfield and Leicester at home we are going to struggle.

It’s too early in the season to be in genuine relegation danger.

You’re right though, we have had a kind run of fixtures and not made the best of it
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:27 - Oct 21 with 2044 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:08 - Oct 21 by Pacemaker

The problem is that the club set its stall out under Martinez, the part line that we would play a certain way and expect a certain standard, we all went along and enjoyed the ups and downs (Sousa) the height of which was under Laudrup and his signings when we all thought we could beat anybody and still play well even on the back foot.

Since then we have gone backwards year on year and these players are not even close to the quality we have seen here in recent years and neither is the managers ability to get the best of the players, nice bloke but out of his depth.

League 1 was more enjoyable than this from a playing quality, we couldn't defend then but we could out pass sides all over very the field.

I just don't see what you are seeing out there Chris we are verging on the embarrassing at the moment.

We haven't gone in any particular direction on purpose.

We've evolved.

We first evolved beyond our wildest dreams - but remind me, and how old are you? How many times have you seen such a phenomenon? Have you seen it right the way through your Swans career or were we bloody lucky to witness it AT ALL???

This is what support is all about. THIS. Not then when it was easy to pick up any straggler that once had a tenuous connection with the Club.

THIS. NOW.

This is more like the history of SCFC. We don't get it all and we need to work for it,

Our support is FACKING SHIT!!!!!

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 2010 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:22 - Oct 21 by Darran

Watford are a top 8 team.

Newcastle and Leicester top 10

Huddersfield we beat.

Lets see how the season pans out to see how these games stack up.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 2008 viewsbiggar

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:59 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Oh no i haven't, I've got this bang on as usual.

That was a good game of football under the conditions, fast, full of ground zip and full blooded.

They had their moments, they more than held their own and they earned every penny of their win, all over the pitch.

We gave as much as we could trying to chase the game and get back into it after a slow start but it wasn't to be.

Hey we lost a game in the EPL - this happens FFS. You laid out your cards the other day, you're bored, it's not the same as 2011.

Think about that for a minute and see where the real issue is? With you or the Club?

And this goes to a huge amount of Swans fans at the moment.

Only became fast from our side once we went two down. No way was that a fast paced game prior to that.

And giving as much as we could is just basic professionalism and pride.
Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 1999 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:27 - Oct 21 by QJumpingJack

Today was disappointing.
Losing at home to Newcastle, Watford and Leicester is alarm bells like Hull home last August.
We also lost to a West Ham team which got dismantled by Brighton.
We probably will stay up. There will be three clubs who are slightly worse than us but it will not be an enjoyable season.

Imagine posting that crap (no offence) in 2011?

We'd bite your hands off for 18th.

Now........

Fack me............

Now we want it all............

Listen to yourselves you sad kunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 1998 viewsjacksfullaces

It looks to be following a pattern of previous 3 seasons. we struggle in or around the foot of the table, play as bit of tidy football now and again, and then bring in a manager that finds a system that digs us out of trouble.

it appears this year it won't rely on set pieces or wingers.

we just have to live for those odd games of excitement I reckon these days- we can spend hours criticising left, right and centre but not sure what we expect? try and make the best hand with what we have got, and hope it clicks now and again. maybe the expectations and psychology of us fans is what needs to change.

we presumably will return to the championship at some point but try and enjoy what we have. there is some talent there, but sadly most of it is the same talent that was there 3-4 seasons ago.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:38 - Oct 21 with 1974 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:32 - Oct 21 by biggar

Only became fast from our side once we went two down. No way was that a fast paced game prior to that.

And giving as much as we could is just basic professionalism and pride.

Yes it was.

From 20 on we were the better side in the first half. They scored right after half time and we could have just caved in but we stood tall and gave it a go. We were in the game right til the death.

And they were better than I'd hoped for.

Schmeicel
Maguire
Ndidi
Mahrez
Okazaki
Vardy

They are no mugs and on their day can beat anyone in this league by 3.

But our support...... All we want to do is self harm and take blunt knives to our inner thighs. Facking freaks,

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:43 - Oct 21 with 1950 viewsDarran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:34 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Now........

Fack me............

18th?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 1944 viewsIslander

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:34 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Now........

Fack me............

Indeed, perspective.

We lost to recent PL champs and champions league quarter finalists.

With two attacking players sought after by the best clubs in europe.

Well done for your continued glass half-full perspective - the sad, whining kunts you refer to monopolise with their depressing predictable dirge.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:45 - Oct 21 with 1936 viewsE20Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:38 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Yes it was.

From 20 on we were the better side in the first half. They scored right after half time and we could have just caved in but we stood tall and gave it a go. We were in the game right til the death.

And they were better than I'd hoped for.

Schmeicel
Maguire
Ndidi
Mahrez
Okazaki
Vardy

They are no mugs and on their day can beat anyone in this league by 3.

But our support...... All we want to do is self harm and take blunt knives to our inner thighs. Facking freaks,

People forget they won the Premier League not so long ago, and still have the nucleus of that side today with Vardy and Mahrez running things. We have become so entitled its sickening, expecting to roll them over when we are going through this period of transition with a manager clearly having a hard time is utterly mental.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:48 - Oct 21 with 1919 viewsrob

Did you watch the Chelsea v Watford game? Now that was a great game of football. Our game today was OK, we kept going, played better in the second half, but, still lost to a team that we would aim to beat, which is disappointing. The football is pretty predicable and sluggish, creativity is lacking, it's not like this hasn't been a trend this season.

It good to be positive, but, reality has to take a hold. This side is in trouble.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:50 - Oct 21 with 1910 viewsDarran

It's definitely time to seek help if you'd bite someone's hands off for 18th.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:51 - Oct 21 with 1899 viewsrob

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:50 - Oct 21 by Darran

It's definitely time to seek help if you'd bite someone's hands off for 18th.

LOL
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:53 - Oct 21 with 1889 viewsQJumpingJack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:44 - Oct 21 by Islander

Indeed, perspective.

We lost to recent PL champs and champions league quarter finalists.

With two attacking players sought after by the best clubs in europe.

Well done for your continued glass half-full perspective - the sad, whining kunts you refer to monopolise with their depressing predictable dirge.

We beat Leicester in February when they were in the Champions League....
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:54 - Oct 21 with 1878 viewsDr_Winston

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:45 - Oct 21 by E20Jack

People forget they won the Premier League not so long ago, and still have the nucleus of that side today with Vardy and Mahrez running things. We have become so entitled its sickening, expecting to roll them over when we are going through this period of transition with a manager clearly having a hard time is utterly mental.

Maybe if we'd only been shit against Leicester you'd have a point. But we haven't, so you don't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:55 - Oct 21 with 1876 viewsrob

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:53 - Oct 21 by QJumpingJack

We beat Leicester in February when they were in the Champions League....

Indeed. And, it's not just this result that people are frustrated with, it's the combination of everything that is wrong at SCFC at the moment.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:05 - Oct 21 with 1827 viewsswansea68

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:03 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

That poor Hudds team that just ended Man U's unbeaten record?

I know. Crazy. That's the worry. Other teams can pull a result out. palace v Chelsea etc. But can the Swans ?
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:11 - Oct 21 with 1809 viewsTNT

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:00 - Oct 21 by Tom1912

There's a difference between lumping it forward and hoping for the best, and playing long balls into dangerous areas with space for your quick attacking players to exploit.

Yep, there's nothing wrong with a long ball if it's a fkn good ball.

In response to the thread title, that was not a great game of football.

We were a much better team coming into the PL than we now are, and have been for some time. I watched great football under Martinez, (to a lesser degree, possibly) under Rodgers, and the best I've ever seen in fifteen minutes under Laudrup... since then it's been dross. The owners, management and players, (all of whom earn a bloody big wedge) need to take a long hard look at themselves - before it's too late.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:11 - Oct 21 with 1809 viewsjackrabbit

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:56 - Oct 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Isn't it funny how Fans react, they say that Leicester were much better than us and yet basically they played the long ball football that they always do, the very thing the Fans hate when we play it.

We don't have a Vardy. Neither do we have a Mahrez, Okazaki or Allbrighton. Long balls to our lot would be much less effective than long balls to the above-named players who can handle that sort of pass.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:18 - Oct 21 with 1781 viewsvetchonian

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:07 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Carroll cost us a goal?

What on utter facking bonkers earth is that from? Are you on Ket?

Carrol was gash today gave the ball away has less bottle than Ki when it comes to tackling back and his dead ball delivery is less than than Swamsea senior league standard.
But hey ho as always the guru from CwmdRe is never wrong
Today we. We're second best by a mile and as others have said had it not been for Fab They could have scored 4 or 5 more.
At times we played some goood attractive football but we have no midfield which given the number of midfielder we hVe on the books is a disgrace
Tammy had zero service today.....it says it all when people say we looked better when Dyer and Routs came on?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:20 - Oct 21 with 1771 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:12 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

That was a good game of Premier league football, fast as fack, full of energy and zip and full blooded to the death.

We lost, it happens. We were decent, they were as well.

I didn't see the first 15 minutes as was caught up in the traffic nonsense so I'll need to see that back, but from 15 on it was a good game and we more than played our part.

The division is this. On 88 minutes droves left but on 97 minutes there were big swathes of genuine fans clapping the boys off the pitch. Them I am proud of. The pathetic, depressive whining kunts on here, facking embarrassing.

I have never left a ground early - applauded they players, especially Dyer and Abraham when they came to the South.
However, I can't remember which minutes they were in the first half, but before we started even trying to play they had two blistering shots on goal saved by Fabianski and and effort cleared by Fede.
They could have, should have buried us.
You need to wake and smell the coffee Chris - it's very stewed and cold.
We need a fresh impetus from the top down

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024