Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24246 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:20 - Oct 21 with 1614 viewsCroftyjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:54 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Let's call a spade a spade. Tammy was gash today - not Tommy.

Truth is if Tammy isn't scoring he's not doing much else and today summed that up to a tee. And this isn't me knocking him as he's doing twice the job Llorente was at this stage of last season.

Everything goes through Carroll and I saw and heard the vvankstanins amongst us having a pop at him today. Must be Naughton's month off. Thats a facking disgrace in itself by the way, masses of people throwing their weight behind some pathetic weak bullying. I'd love to queue up and smash you one by one in your ugly mugs.

He's the guy who has to pick up all the loose balls when play goes nowhere on the flanks. He's the one that comes and gets it from the back 4 and takes it forward. He had 68 passes today, the only one that comes close to him is Sanches on 44. He also made over 80% of them. Contrast that to Tammy's 13 and once again you show why you are one of the thickest, most mentally challenged and hopeless poster on these sites, wherever your hat now and again, Cefm facking Coed would be my guess.

Get an understanding of the game or find another hobby.

shame the stats dont see his woeful deliveries or inability to get in the game..but one thing I wouldn't do is moan in the match about him that is unexcusable as a fan...in reality I think he is very poor and aint EPL quality..sorry
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:26 - Oct 21 with 1597 viewsjack2jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:12 - Oct 21 by Darran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:27 - Oct 21 with 1597 viewsTNT

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:15 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Google the term golden era and see what you find.

Fack me, the level of intelligence on here is facking hideous.

I'll Google 'Golden era', if you Google, 'Great game of football'

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:32 - Oct 21 with 1572 viewsGaryjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:16 - Oct 21 by Loyal

I'm as positive as any swans fan, but today I saw huge holes in our side that tell me we are in serious trouble. That's all I can say tonight, I'm gutted.
I genuinely believed Clement had it sorted, but then he doesn't even play our best side the whole ship is in the shit.

Not only does he not play our best side, he doesn't know what our best side is. And even if he did, he wouldn't know what positions he's supposed to play them in. I'm not joining in the shit feat on here, but the buck stops at the managers door for me at this moment in time. Clement, the number two at Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern Munich got out thought by Leicester Citys No3 in his first game in charge. Shape up son, pretty sharpish or hit the fvckin road.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:35 - Oct 21 with 1552 viewsQJumpingJack

Why did Clement leave Derby when they were 5th?
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:45 - Oct 21 with 1518 viewsdobjack2

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:32 - Oct 21 by Garyjack

Not only does he not play our best side, he doesn't know what our best side is. And even if he did, he wouldn't know what positions he's supposed to play them in. I'm not joining in the shit feat on here, but the buck stops at the managers door for me at this moment in time. Clement, the number two at Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern Munich got out thought by Leicester Citys No3 in his first game in charge. Shape up son, pretty sharpish or hit the fvckin road.

Nail on head with he doesn’t know what our best side is or know what position to play them in. Part of the problems of other people buying the players for you and doing it late in the window.

Doesn’t excuse him but doesn’t make his job any easier.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:49 - Oct 21 with 1499 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:48 - Oct 21 by STID2017

Much of what you say is true.
However can I just ask one thing - am I right in thinking you were one of those who vehemently supported The Res in his view that we would be better without Gylfi &
Llorente ?
Whatever their supposed shortcomings, we are missing their input over these first 9 games

I really didn't want to lose Llorente , even more so knowing Bony would be his replacement. I was happy to sell Gylfi for 45 million and it's true I didn't rate him but only on the proviso we would get a more dynamic AM in.
We bought Clucas and nobody else.

I think our main problem at the moment is a manager who seems to have utterly run out of ideas and who has no idea about coaching attacking play.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:53 - Oct 21 with 1488 viewsTheResurrection

What's happened to the shots in the game stat?

Come on, be honest with yourselves, who's moaned on about the number of shots we have?

Are you facking man enough any of you to say you have?

We had nearly twice as many as Leicester today. In a game we were supposedly outclassed!!!!!!!

This says it all. Most of you will just repeat the misery dictionary until the she's banged all the drums (SR)

We had the shots but we lost by 1 to the EPL Champions of 2 seasons ago who've still got their 3 best players.

Shots??? Forget them now we've had double - lets move onto something else.

Seriously, a complete bunch of vvankers.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:54 - Oct 21 with 1479 viewsTheResurrection

1 or 2 supporters in this thread and board.

And a whole lot of facking hangers on and nobodies.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:00 - Oct 21 with 1454 viewsNeathJack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:53 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Come on, be honest with yourselves, who's moaned on about the number of shots we have?

We had nearly twice as many as Leicester today. In a game we were supposedly outclassed!!!!!!!

This says it all. Most of you will just repeat the misery dictionary until the she's banged all the drums (SR)

We had the shots but we lost by 1 to the EPL Champions of 2 seasons ago who've still got their 3 best players.

Plenty of shots but struggling to remember a save that Schmeichel made?

Help me out here.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:04 - Oct 21 with 1432 viewsDr_Winston

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:00 - Oct 21 by NeathJack

Help me out here.

We had plenty of shots. Almost none of them were on target.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:11 - Oct 21 with 1394 viewsmarchamjack

When Monk killed the Swansea Way I didn't think anyone could make us play in a less entertaining and effective way. Step forward PC this season.

In fairness to him, this must be the weakest squad we've had since that 1st season. But in part he has to take the blame as I presume he had a hand at least in signing about 30 mill of players he's benched or left out of the match day squad entirely.

Anyway, another season of relegation dogfight ahead and fck all entertainment looks like into the bargain. Regardless of who we've played, looking at ourselves on our merits, we are poor.

Good luck all travelling to Arsenal to watch the next exercise in bus parking.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:12 - Oct 21 with 1380 viewsGaryjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:00 - Oct 21 by NeathJack

Help me out here.

i got one! About 85 when Ayew sent Schmeichel a text message telling him where he was going to put it instead of putting his fvckin foot through the ball!
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:15 - Oct 21 with 1368 viewsTom1912

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:09 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Are we fack.

Llorente was on 1 goal by this time last season and Siggy maybe 1 pen and 1 assist?

Bore off you tvvat

If you wouldn't take Llorente and Sigurdsson back right now you're delusional frankly.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:21 - Oct 21 with 1357 viewsDr_Winston

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:11 - Oct 21 by marchamjack

When Monk killed the Swansea Way I didn't think anyone could make us play in a less entertaining and effective way. Step forward PC this season.

In fairness to him, this must be the weakest squad we've had since that 1st season. But in part he has to take the blame as I presume he had a hand at least in signing about 30 mill of players he's benched or left out of the match day squad entirely.

Anyway, another season of relegation dogfight ahead and fck all entertainment looks like into the bargain. Regardless of who we've played, looking at ourselves on our merits, we are poor.

Good luck all travelling to Arsenal to watch the next exercise in bus parking.

The squad is far stronger than it was that first season.

The problem is the system isn't. We signed players to suit a specific style that had had the best part of five years to bed in that summer. This year nobody seems to know what the f*ck style of play we're supposed to be using.

Our downfall began the precise instant that Jenkins decided that he knew more than Laudrup and started buying players for him. Ki Sung-Yeung being the first of many. Once that decision was made our current dilemma became inevitable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 00:45 - Oct 22 with 1277 viewsJonTheJack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:37 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Wow!!! SO MANY CLICHES - SO LITTLE SUBSTANCE

Am I right in saying you NEVER watch us?

What the hell does that even mean? You were replying to this post:

"The difference was far greater than that. They found space between the lines and denied us space. Didn't let us get in behind often, closed us down, won the second balls, moved the ball quickly when they had it.

No their style isn't pretty, but they implemented their game plan. Neat and tidy on the ball too when they needed to be in tight quarters."

That is EXACTLY what happened today. We are so easy to defend against, teams coming down here must be thinking they can put their feet up for the day.

We must be the slowest team in terms of reactions I've ever seen in the PL while we've been here. No guile going forward and absolutely abysmal in attempting to even anticipate winning a second ball.

The amount of times we played the safe pass sideways or backwards when in a position to do some damage was infuriating, and all it took for them were two and in some cases one zipped pass through to Okazaki who was in between defence and midfield and ready to feed either Mahrez or Vardy who had pulled off.

It has been this way every single game this season. The only two wins we have to our name have literally been gifted to us by teams having absolute howlers.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:01 - Oct 22 with 1259 viewsspiderboy

Not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down not going down going down?not!
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:12 - Oct 22 with 1242 viewsWarwickHunt

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 23:21 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

The squad is far stronger than it was that first season.

The problem is the system isn't. We signed players to suit a specific style that had had the best part of five years to bed in that summer. This year nobody seems to know what the f*ck style of play we're supposed to be using.

Our downfall began the precise instant that Jenkins decided that he knew more than Laudrup and started buying players for him. Ki Sung-Yeung being the first of many. Once that decision was made our current dilemma became inevitable.

I was convinced at the time that buying N'Gog and Emnes was a cheap way of getting Laudrup to resign.

Seems that he did actually think they were good enough. He hasn't learned... then again, people with egos the size of Siberia often struggle with self-awareness.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:19 - Oct 22 with 1231 viewsDr_Winston

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:12 - Oct 22 by WarwickHunt

I was convinced at the time that buying N'Gog and Emnes was a cheap way of getting Laudrup to resign.

Seems that he did actually think they were good enough. He hasn't learned... then again, people with egos the size of Siberia often struggle with self-awareness.

Don't doubt for a milisecond that they were a way to remind Laudrup who was in charge.

It's a tricky one. Many will now claim that the likes of Clucas weren't signed with Clement's approval but I won't agree with that. He's had a say for sure. We just seem to be at a point where all semblance of a unified plan has gone into the shitter.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:24 - Oct 22 with 1223 viewsLeonWasGod

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 00:45 - Oct 22 by JonTheJack

What the hell does that even mean? You were replying to this post:

"The difference was far greater than that. They found space between the lines and denied us space. Didn't let us get in behind often, closed us down, won the second balls, moved the ball quickly when they had it.

No their style isn't pretty, but they implemented their game plan. Neat and tidy on the ball too when they needed to be in tight quarters."

That is EXACTLY what happened today. We are so easy to defend against, teams coming down here must be thinking they can put their feet up for the day.

We must be the slowest team in terms of reactions I've ever seen in the PL while we've been here. No guile going forward and absolutely abysmal in attempting to even anticipate winning a second ball.

The amount of times we played the safe pass sideways or backwards when in a position to do some damage was infuriating, and all it took for them were two and in some cases one zipped pass through to Okazaki who was in between defence and midfield and ready to feed either Mahrez or Vardy who had pulled off.

It has been this way every single game this season. The only two wins we have to our name have literally been gifted to us by teams having absolute howlers.

I wouldn't waste your breath. Clem said pretty much the same in his interview later; we were static, they moved the ball quicker, stretched us and exploited the space between our midfield and defence. We all saw it.

But maybe Clement doesn't understand the game either or watch as much football as our expert . God knows, best not to feed the troll.

That's the only positive for me out of today. Clem's criticism rings very true with what we watched. He's not deluded and trying to spin a load of bull like you get with some managers. He knows that wasn't good enough.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:26 - Oct 22 with 1221 viewsGaryjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:19 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Don't doubt for a milisecond that they were a way to remind Laudrup who was in charge.

It's a tricky one. Many will now claim that the likes of Clucas weren't signed with Clement's approval but I won't agree with that. He's had a say for sure. We just seem to be at a point where all semblance of a unified plan has gone into the shitter.

Yep, and that's the crux of it.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:30 - Oct 22 with 1215 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:24 - Oct 22 by LeonWasGod

I wouldn't waste your breath. Clem said pretty much the same in his interview later; we were static, they moved the ball quicker, stretched us and exploited the space between our midfield and defence. We all saw it.

But maybe Clement doesn't understand the game either or watch as much football as our expert . God knows, best not to feed the troll.

That's the only positive for me out of today. Clem's criticism rings very true with what we watched. He's not deluded and trying to spin a load of bull like you get with some managers. He knows that wasn't good enough.

But he has no power or influence to change this around during a match? That's worse isn't it ???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 04:57 - Oct 22 with 1137 viewsdameedna

On the game in general they were better in most departments.

Our problem is Aywe and Narsingh could not play off Abraham and King had an outstanding game. Aside from the technicalities though ie individuals they could and should have won by more.

We are not good enough up front to create enough chances and our midfiled is playing a system that is doomed to make us compete but generally get beaten

We need one player like Britton from last year to really take the game by the scruff one of Sanches, Clucas or Mesa.

It was not a bad game though players will be gutted especially defence as we almost pulled off a home win which would have put us in the top half.

It is still close but we need a player like Mooy imo.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:10 - Oct 22 with 1075 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:19 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Regardless of all the arguments about whether Clement chose the players or not, come Sept. 2nd. he knew that this was his squad for the next three months.
There were times last season when him and his coaching staff seemed to be getting the best of bang average players.
This season for whatever reason it isn't happening.
Also to ignore players like Mesa (unless he's locked up, injured or banished to the under 21's for some reason) and Clucas is sheer lunacy.
To insist on playing Carroll or at the very not playing him in a more attacking midfield role where he is better week after week just smacks of "head in the sand" mentality.
I don't think Paul has become a bad manager, I just feel he needs to be more positive and instill that positivity to all his players.
When he first came here it was like he said "Right, whatever happened before is gone, today is a fresh start for all of you. Prove yourselves." Many of them did.
He needs to do that again.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:15 - Oct 22 with 1065 viewsjack247

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:53 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Come on you’re better than that. You know how easily stats like that can be manipulated with hopeless long range shots that balloon over when we realise that lateral passing isn’t going to get us any closer. Schmeichel didn’t really get tested. They may have had less shots, but Fab had to be on top of his game to keep it down to 2.

I get your point about them having the nucleus of a very good team, but Kante was their best player when they won the league.

We absolutely were outclassed. Yes we were still in it at the end, but the better team by quite some margin won. I blame Clement for that as much as our recruitment. He may not have the players he wants, but he isn’t getting anywhere near the best out of the players he has got.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024