Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24483 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:17 - Oct 22 with 1368 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:20 - Oct 21 by Croftyjack

shame the stats dont see his woeful deliveries or inability to get in the game..but one thing I wouldn't do is moan in the match about him that is unexcusable as a fan...in reality I think he is very poor and aint EPL quality..sorry

I am never usually one to moan at a player.
Carroll is being played out of position, rather than being used as he was last season to support the attack he is lying too deep. Also it is not his fault he is taking all the set pieces, it is up to Clement to say "This ain't working, son" and get someone else to take them.
However as Clement seems blind to Carroll's problems, how else can we let him know we are unhappy with Carroll at the moment.
He sure as hell doesn't read this forum or he'd know it.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:32 - Oct 22 with 1355 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 01:24 - Oct 22 by LeonWasGod

I wouldn't waste your breath. Clem said pretty much the same in his interview later; we were static, they moved the ball quicker, stretched us and exploited the space between our midfield and defence. We all saw it.

But maybe Clement doesn't understand the game either or watch as much football as our expert . God knows, best not to feed the troll.

That's the only positive for me out of today. Clem's criticism rings very true with what we watched. He's not deluded and trying to spin a load of bull like you get with some managers. He knows that wasn't good enough.

No, Clement is coming out with a load of tosh at the moment because he knows he's under pressure. He used to be brave enough to take the players out of the spotlight and turn the attention onto him. Now he's throwing them under the bus.

And what he's actually saying there is we weren't defensive enough, and I agree, and personally I was happy to see it. Yeah, I said Friday I wanted the 3 points and if I could turn back time I'd have the 3 points with an out and out parking the bus job, but....... we were more open......

BUT FACK ME YOU IGNORANT KUNT............

Isn't that what everyone has been MOANING LIKE FACK ABOUT????????

We can't have it all you silly little fool.

The bare stats - which MOST ON HERE HAVE BEMOANED this season -

---------------------- Shots ------------------
Swansea ---------19 - 11 ------------ Leicester
--------------------- Passes -------------------
Swansea ---------457 - 381 --------- Leicester
---------- Completed Passes ---------------
Swansea ---------81% -73% -------- Leicester
------------------- Key Passes -------------------
Swansea ---------13 - 10 ------------ Leicester
----------------- Accurate Passes --------------
Swansea -------- 371 - 278 ----------- Leicester
------------------- Possession ---------------
Swansea ---------55.3 - 44.7% ----- Leicester

And for the real tvvats on here

Swans 1 - Leicester 2

Clement was talking about tactics and what they've trained all week for against a Leicester side that are good at what they do.

Its him we need to be looking at. If he's having to change Leon at half time and not even picking Mesa in the squad there iS ONE OF THE MOST BLATANTLY OBVIOUS PROBLEMS to start with.

If he's going to buy Clucas and play him DM there's another FACKER!!!

We NEED Bony big time as well, BIG TIME.

If Tammy isn't scoring, he's not doing much else.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:47 - Oct 22 with 1327 viewswhoflungdung

Proof we turn on each other when times are bad

Bony ? When

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:48 - Oct 22 with 1325 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:32 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

No, Clement is coming out with a load of tosh at the moment because he knows he's under pressure. He used to be brave enough to take the players out of the spotlight and turn the attention onto him. Now he's throwing them under the bus.

And what he's actually saying there is we weren't defensive enough, and I agree, and personally I was happy to see it. Yeah, I said Friday I wanted the 3 points and if I could turn back time I'd have the 3 points with an out and out parking the bus job, but....... we were more open......

Swans 1 - Leicester 2

Clement was talking about tactics and what they've trained all week for against a Leicester side that are good at what they do.

Its him we need to be looking at. If he's having to change Leon at half time and not even picking Mesa in the squad there iS ONE OF THE MOST BLATANTLY OBVIOUS PROBLEMS to start with.

This season's performances, culminating in yesterday, show we have a squad of players largely lacking in ideas and the players have to take responsibility in part for their own poor on field performances. They are all highly paid and need to start earning their corn.
However, ultimately, the blame lies with Clement and he needs to have a rethink and start using all his squad to the best of their ability.
If he carries on the way we are going, I can only see a P45 at the end of the line for him.
Maybe he even needs a more experienced ex-manager to help hiim for a few months to teach him a few things (not that any coaches or managers ever admit that)

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:52 - Oct 22 with 1319 viewsBillyChong

Like the Watford game our midfield don't want to know. Their failure to link defence to attack is a major issue. Sanches did start to make an effort to support attaxks then just gave up. Carrol is way off form at the moment, his second half free kick summed him up at the moment.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:54 - Oct 22 with 1317 viewswhoflungdung

Leicester were in turmoil

Remember that

We have bought utter garbage and will still do so unless Jenkins go, but I've been warned as to not wish him any discomfort or encourage others

We are dying on the vine and Bony will not save us .

We need ,ideally to offload five players and replace but it's too late and that s why people are worried

Age is fook all to do with it

It's a disgusting state of affairs

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:57 - Oct 22 with 1303 viewstrampie

On the balance of play up to this point in the season, looking at the other teams as well as Swansea, Swansea are lucky to have as many points as they have currently got and are currently the worst team in the Premier League.

Some posters that think Swansea are a top 8 to 10 team, playing fluid attacking football and are a better side without Gylfi and Llorente know nothing about the game.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:00 - Oct 22 with 1284 viewsAnotherJohn

The Emperor's new clothes?
Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:02 - Oct 22 with 1274 viewsPacemaker

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:32 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

Swans 1 - Leicester 2

Why leave out the shots on target stat from the same article if you want to use stats?

Our problem is what we are doing with the possession and where we have that possession, which is not in the danger areas for the opposition that's for sure.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:03 - Oct 22 with 1265 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:15 - Oct 22 by jack247

Come on you’re better than that. You know how easily stats like that can be manipulated with hopeless long range shots that balloon over when we realise that lateral passing isn’t going to get us any closer. Schmeichel didn’t really get tested. They may have had less shots, but Fab had to be on top of his game to keep it down to 2.

I get your point about them having the nucleus of a very good team, but Kante was their best player when they won the league.

We absolutely were outclassed. Yes we were still in it at the end, but the better team by quite some margin won. I blame Clement for that as much as our recruitment. He may not have the players he wants, but he isn’t getting anywhere near the best out of the players he has got.

That is absolute Bullshit. We were anything like outclassed.

They had the brilliant chances, nobody can argue with that and that probably deserved themthe lead.

But we were in that game and bossing possession, making more passes but just didn't have their killer edge.

They sit back and pounce like vipers, they are great at that.

Tammy was a passenger yesterday and we can't afford to attack with ten men. How we best use him in games like that is a difficult one.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:04 - Oct 22 with 1258 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:57 - Oct 22 by trampie

On the balance of play up to this point in the season, looking at the other teams as well as Swansea, Swansea are lucky to have as many points as they have currently got and are currently the worst team in the Premier League.

Some posters that think Swansea are a top 8 to 10 team, playing fluid attacking football and are a better side without Gylfi and Llorente know nothing about the game.

I must agree.
People are saying there are at least 3 or 4 teams worse than us.
Who ? Bournemouth, Stoke ? The way we are playing they'd beat us at the moment
Leicester, West Ham ? Oh, no, they beat us didn't they ?
Apart from Palace, I don't see any other contenders

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:06 - Oct 22 with 1251 viewswhoflungdung

Why didn't we come out and mean business ?

Do we have the players to do the business ?

Leicester have been shyte thus far

Unforgivable stuff ,yet in Mesa ,we could have a player with guts and fire in belly who could .

Why is he not playing ,Clem.

Time to go

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:09 - Oct 22 with 1240 viewstrampie

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:04 - Oct 22 by STID2017

I must agree.
People are saying there are at least 3 or 4 teams worse than us.
Who ? Bournemouth, Stoke ? The way we are playing they'd beat us at the moment
Leicester, West Ham ? Oh, no, they beat us didn't they ?
Apart from Palace, I don't see any other contenders

A report I read said that Palace were the better team away to Newcastle yesterday, I saw Palace away to Burnley and Palace were the better team, Palace actually scored and won a game the other week against Chelsea and yet again we're the better team.

Swansea up to this point on balance of play are the worst team in the Premier League.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:12 - Oct 22 with 1226 viewswhoflungdung

Hard to argue with that trample

We are ,however, the most boring

Our fans seem choked

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:21 - Oct 22 with 1210 viewsBillyChong

Regardless of how many lacklustre shots we made we still lost the game. As the result showed, stats don't necessarily win games. Desire wins games, something we desperately lack. Mahrez chased that ball for their goal, made an effort and came away with a goal. That's what we need, not midfielders standing still once they've passed the ball forward. Ayew and Abraham are too isolated and with all respect not good enough to create without another player up there supporting them during attacks.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:26 - Oct 22 with 1202 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:03 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

They had the brilliant chances, nobody can argue with that and that probably deserved themthe lead.

But we were in that game and bossing possession, making more passes but just didn't have their killer edge.

Tammy was a passenger yesterday and we can't afford to attack with ten men. How we best use him in games like that is a difficult one.

What game did you watch ?
"Bossing the game" , "probably deserved the lead" ,
Really you believe that ?
Even Clement doesn't delude himself that everything was well yesterday.
We are so far off the mark, we need a major overhaul.
Like Newcastle and Watford, Leicester bossed the game yesterday.
We had the leftovers.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 1173 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:15 - Oct 22 by jack247

Come on you’re better than that. You know how easily stats like that can be manipulated with hopeless long range shots that balloon over when we realise that lateral passing isn’t going to get us any closer. Schmeichel didn’t really get tested. They may have had less shots, but Fab had to be on top of his game to keep it down to 2.

I get your point about them having the nucleus of a very good team, but Kante was their best player when they won the league.

We absolutely were outclassed. Yes we were still in it at the end, but the better team by quite some margin won. I blame Clement for that as much as our recruitment. He may not have the players he wants, but he isn’t getting anywhere near the best out of the players he has got.

Stats are a large part of the reason why we find ourselves where we are. Players are being bought on statistical evidence and not on suitability to the side. It's alright buying someone who runs 8 miles a match if you need a middle distance runner.
But does that mean we could buy Mo Farrah to play in the no.10 role? Hell NO !!!!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 9:41]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:37 - Oct 22 with 1170 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:09 - Oct 22 by trampie

A report I read said that Palace were the better team away to Newcastle yesterday, I saw Palace away to Burnley and Palace were the better team, Palace actually scored and won a game the other week against Chelsea and yet again we're the better team.

Swansea up to this point on balance of play are the worst team in the Premier League.

I didn't hear or read anything about Palace yesterday and haven't watched MOTD yet, so I was hopeful that last week's result against Chelsea was a one-off.
So I guess we are the worst then.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:38 - Oct 22 with 1165 views34dfgdf54

Problem with stats in this game in particular, is we were always going to make more passes, and get more possession. They just turn you around on the ball by going direct to Mahrez and Vardy.

I can only say what I saw, on a screen granted and not actually at the game, and that was a team with more energy, more enthusiasm and better quality. Apart from the ten minute spell after the goal, Leicester pretty much dominated the game for me.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:42 - Oct 22 with 1152 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:38 - Oct 22 by 34dfgdf54

Problem with stats in this game in particular, is we were always going to make more passes, and get more possession. They just turn you around on the ball by going direct to Mahrez and Vardy.

I can only say what I saw, on a screen granted and not actually at the game, and that was a team with more energy, more enthusiasm and better quality. Apart from the ten minute spell after the goal, Leicester pretty much dominated the game for me.

You saw more on the screen than the OP saw live.
It was exactly as you described.
We weren't in the game and got what we deserved

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:43 - Oct 22 with 1139 viewsunion_jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:09 - Oct 22 by trampie

I'll say now that Palace will survive this year and finish well above us!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:51 - Oct 22 with 1126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:03 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

They had more than half a dozen brilliant chances because they outclassed us. Its alright having majority possession but if it doesn't go towards an end product it's absolutely meaningless. They by rights should have had 5, we were lucky to get one from a very poorly defended corner. Jeez, even Wes Morgan started taking the p*ss by trying to play midfield at one point. They humiliated us in all ways but by the scoreline and I thought they went very easy on us in that department, as well as Fabianski pulling off a few worldies. Schmichel had one dribbling ball bobbling along at him to save from memory.
We at the moment are playing the sh*ttest most ineffective football in the division. Clement out.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:00 - Oct 22 with 1106 viewsjack247

Read any match report on it. We were outclassed. You’re letting yourself down suggesting otherwise.

All the lateral possession in the world is irrelevant if you don’t look like scoring.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:04 - Oct 22 with 1102 viewsnantywatcher

Spot on. If we had a Marco Silva or David Wagner managing THIS squad we would be a top half team - easily.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:05 - Oct 22 with 1102 viewsCooperman

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:54 - Oct 22 by whoflungdung

Leicester were in turmoil

Remember that

We have bought utter garbage and will still do so unless Jenkins go, but I've been warned as to not wish him any discomfort or encourage others

We are dying on the vine and Bony will not save us .

We need ,ideally to offload five players and replace but it's too late and that s why people are worried

Age is fook all to do with it

It's a disgusting state of affairs

Leicester aren’t in turmoil.
They’re still the core of a Premier League winning team. The Tinkerman may have departed along with his understudy but they’re still top half quality and I saw nothing yesterday that tells me any different.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 10:08]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024