Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belly pork 20:18 - Oct 21 with 1844 viewsdickythorpe

tried some in a cider sauce yesterday. What a lovely taste!

Any fans and recipe ideas?
Belly pork on 20:24 - Oct 21 with 1829 viewsKinsey

Braise a large pork belly with cider, stock, celery, carrot, etc for around 4-6 hours

Then place on a plate and put something heavy on top to prevent it curling and refrigerate for a few hours.

Then fry it off when ready to serve and make a nice cider gravy from the braising liquid.

Lush
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 20:25]
Belly pork on 22:23 - Oct 21 with 1767 viewsAguycalledJack

An underrated cut of meat.

Cider gravy and a slab of black pudding.

Lovely.
Belly pork on 22:29 - Oct 21 with 1762 viewsDr_Winston

My granny used to make a cracking Sunday dinner with belly pork.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Belly pork on 22:34 - Oct 21 with 1754 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’ve got a shoulder of pork ready to slow cook the f*ck out of tomorrow.

Poll: Tory leader

Belly pork on 22:35 - Oct 21 with 1754 viewsCooperman

One of my favourite meat based dishes.

I’ll drop the cider gravy and go with a nice slab of pork served with a healthy slice of black pudding and covered in thick peppercorn sauce. It’s even better with a good slice of freshly baked bloomer as a side.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Belly pork on 22:39 - Oct 21 with 1744 viewsDr_Winston

Belly pork on 22:34 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve got a shoulder of pork ready to slow cook the f*ck out of tomorrow.

Is that not fit for anything more than pulling?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Belly pork on 22:42 - Oct 21 with 1741 viewsexiledclaseboy

Belly pork on 22:39 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Is that not fit for anything more than pulling?

Only if you’re working class.

Poll: Tory leader

Belly pork on 22:59 - Oct 21 with 1725 viewsDr_Winston

Belly pork on 22:42 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

Only if you’re working class.

I am. Very.

Login to get fewer ads

Belly pork on 03:58 - Oct 22 with 1665 viewsnierika

Havent eaten pork for 18 years. Bad for your body and the planet - enjoy!
Belly pork on 09:49 - Oct 22 with 1586 viewsLord_Bony

I can only eat belly pork if it's Burnt to a crisp absolutely incinerated is how I like it with some salt and pepper and the cold cider.
Odd as fork I know but there you go.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Belly pork on 09:54 - Oct 22 with 1576 viewsjedijack

My ex mum in law used to substitute ribs for belly pork, for a lot of rib sauce recipes. Stunning to be fair, and the only time I've ever had belly pork.

My old nan used to love it.
Belly pork on 10:03 - Oct 22 with 1571 viewsepaul

Love it, but just keeps it simple , yesterday had belly pork well cooked, roast pots, mushrooms and fried tomato with a sh*t load of tomato sauce

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Belly pork on 11:53 - Oct 22 with 1537 viewsmax936

Belly pork on 10:03 - Oct 22 by epaul

Love it, but just keeps it simple , yesterday had belly pork well cooked, roast pots, mushrooms and fried tomato with a sh*t load of tomato sauce

Tomato sauce! not a lover of Belly Pork myself, love pork but you can keep the belly pork.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Belly pork on 11:58 - Oct 22 with 1532 viewsWarwickHunt

Belly pork on 11:53 - Oct 22 by max936

Tomato sauce! not a lover of Belly Pork myself, love pork but you can keep the belly pork.

Cooked properly it's a thing of beauty. Same with most cheaper cuts of lamb and beef.
Belly pork on 12:30 - Oct 22 with 1507 viewsmax936

Belly pork on 11:58 - Oct 22 by WarwickHunt

Cooked properly it's a thing of beauty. Same with most cheaper cuts of lamb and beef.

Its all fat though, I tried it once up the Butchers up in Alltwen and it was awful haven't bothered since.

Belly pork on 13:04 - Oct 22 with 1496 viewsWarwickHunt

Belly pork on 12:30 - Oct 22 by max936

Its all fat though, I tried it once up the Butchers up in Alltwen and it was awful haven't bothered since.

Slow cooking (roast or braise) followed by a blast of high heat to crisp up the skin is the way to do it.

The fat should render down and melt in the mouth. If it's rubbery it's been ruined...
Belly pork on 13:28 - Oct 22 with 1479 viewsmax936

Belly pork on 13:04 - Oct 22 by WarwickHunt

Slow cooking (roast or braise) followed by a blast of high heat to crisp up the skin is the way to do it.

The fat should render down and melt in the mouth. If it's rubbery it's been ruined...

That’s what happened then as it was has you discribed rubbery.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 13:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024