Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The American Owners versus The Trust 21:08 - Oct 21 with 15326 viewsDarran

I wasn't going to post this untill I'd spoken to Phil tomorrow but I've decided after a couple of beers that it wouldn't be fair to ask him.

Someone told me today that the American owners are not too happy with going ahead with the buying of shares off the Trust and want a change in what they promised meaning that the Trust will be left with no option other than legal action.

Anyone heard anything?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The American Owners versus The Trust on 22:21 - Oct 22 with 3938 viewsDewi1jack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:53 - Oct 22 by DafyddHuw

You don't think we're there already?

Why the Trust would ever believe that the Yanks had suddenly found some morals after being royally shafted by them on more than one occasion is totally baffling to me.

I don't smell bridges burning, shirley?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 22:11]

Hopefully Nero hasn't been been booked to play the violin.

Whatever the hold is or whoever has something on the Trust needs to be outed, we need total communication with no holds barred before things go from bad to worse.
The Colonials couldn't give a fug about the Trust. We all know that and understand it.

Is it Stevie boy and Jase though?
Or are the money men laughing their titsoff because they've done someone up like a kipper- someone who thought that owning a vending machine or two or a failed roofing business would be enough to take on some heavy hitters?
Maybe that's why the Merrycans left them with a few percent each but no voting rights, so as they couldn't hide anywhere.

Either the Trust needs to communicate that this story is false as fug and the share sale is going ahead now, with the solicitors pouring over the terms or admit the bridge is unsavable and go down the legal route.

Either way some fuking communication from them won't go amiss

Fuk the bridges
Fuk the yanks

Fuk the Premier League and it's untold greed, because that's what's got us to this point.
Even though there's no better feeling watching football than when we're stuffing the big teams at home or on their patch.
Especially after all the dross we've lost home and away to in the lower leagues.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:17 - Oct 23 with 3813 viewsNookiejack

It sounds like the Yanks require the Trust to reinvest any proceeds in stadium expansion.

Can anyone think of another reason?
The American Owners versus The Trust on 13:12 - Oct 23 with 3737 viewsNeath_Jack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:41 - Oct 22 by monmouth

Don't you find that sad? I do.

Lisa is absolutely right. The Yanks (and the scum 'fans for the fans') have used the Trust entirely for their own ends and behind the scenes will be treating them with utter contempt and laughter, whilst pretending to value their 'input' and 'inside knowledge to inform strategy'. I hope the Trust Board realise this. I've seen this so often in organisations, even shamefully taken part in it myself in the dim and distant past to disarm 'difficult' non-execs and regulators, who even now still think I was on their side.

They think you are clueless nobodies that can be manipulated with a smile, a pat on the head, and to be made to feel important, valued and clever. You know it's true.

Sorry Lisa, for misappropriating your comment, that's not what you said at all.

Even those of us on here who are not business/contractually minded, said this months and months ago.

They've absolutely toyed with the Trust, letting them think that they still have a say and can influence things, when in reality the yanks have been patting them on the head, saying well done boys, great job y'all, whilst sniggering behind their backs.

The kudos and comfort of being in the trust during premier league years has seriously clouded their judgement imo.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 14:26 - Oct 23 with 3691 viewsPegojack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 13:12 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

Even those of us on here who are not business/contractually minded, said this months and months ago.

They've absolutely toyed with the Trust, letting them think that they still have a say and can influence things, when in reality the yanks have been patting them on the head, saying well done boys, great job y'all, whilst sniggering behind their backs.

The kudos and comfort of being in the trust during premier league years has seriously clouded their judgement imo.

I reluctantly voted to accept the deal, but if the yanks are trying to change one punctuation mark on the T&Cs, or are not giving a firm and short time table for concluding it, we should tell them it's off and we're taking them to court as soon as humanly possible.
The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:13 - Oct 23 with 3629 viewsWingstandwood

The American Owners versus The Trust on 13:12 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

What I'd find disturbing (if future circumstances/actions show) is if the Yanks/sell-outs never had any genuine intent and never will have genuine intent whatsoever to honour the deal they previously made? And thats despite the fact the deal was extremely generous to themselves.

If they've played a horrid game of deception and bluff..... What an even worse bunch of lowlife scumbags they'd be... Thinking they can do exactly what they please a second time around no matter what would beggar belief!!!

Argus!

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:29 - Oct 23 with 3601 viewsmarchamjack

I voted along with MrsMJ to go the legal route. Have to say I did so reluctantly and only after a late change of mind away from taking the deal. Between the time of the vote papers being released and the actual vote, the more I thought about what the Trust had become/would ever now become, I really couldn't see anything to really lose in the end.

Now if the Yanks really are reneging on the deal...and I actually now hope they are in the circumstances...we'll surely have to resort to legal action regardless.

Hate to say it too, but I renewed with a heavy heart membership this year for the 1st time. Never questioned decision to renew before, but did this year and I'm a member from pretty much the start.

As a member, I'd genuinely like to know wtf is currently going on. Too much silence. Totally get it that if there's no news then nothing to properly update, but just reassure us all from time to time there's no news.

Concerned Trust Member (and much as it galls me to say, no point going on our Trust website as postings here are much more likely to illicit a response).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 20:34 - Oct 23 with 3534 viewsGowerjack

And still not a peep from the Trust's version of Lord Haw Haw.

Not fit for purpose.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 20:57 - Oct 23 with 3503 viewsbudegan

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:29 - Oct 23 by marchamjack

I voted along with MrsMJ to go the legal route. Have to say I did so reluctantly and only after a late change of mind away from taking the deal. Between the time of the vote papers being released and the actual vote, the more I thought about what the Trust had become/would ever now become, I really couldn't see anything to really lose in the end.

Now if the Yanks really are reneging on the deal...and I actually now hope they are in the circumstances...we'll surely have to resort to legal action regardless.

Hate to say it too, but I renewed with a heavy heart membership this year for the 1st time. Never questioned decision to renew before, but did this year and I'm a member from pretty much the start.

As a member, I'd genuinely like to know wtf is currently going on. Too much silence. Totally get it that if there's no news then nothing to properly update, but just reassure us all from time to time there's no news.

Concerned Trust Member (and much as it galls me to say, no point going on our Trust website as postings here are much more likely to illicit a response).

FWIW, I've been a member since the start and am not going to bother again.

Even if the Trust were completely in the dark re the sale, the fact that HJ etc haven't been made public enemy number 1 is shocking...especially now he's so clearly harming us on the pitch too (what with being determined to use our transfers to take us back to the Championship (at least)).

Waste of a tenner.
Login to get fewer ads

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:13 - Oct 23 with 3467 viewsDewi1jack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 20:57 - Oct 23 by budegan

FWIW, I've been a member since the start and am not going to bother again.

Even if the Trust were completely in the dark re the sale, the fact that HJ etc haven't been made public enemy number 1 is shocking...especially now he's so clearly harming us on the pitch too (what with being determined to use our transfers to take us back to the Championship (at least)).

Waste of a tenner.

I think there are many Trust members who are on their last year of membership.
Those of us that voted no for the deal as well as mates who voted accept, quite a few of whom now wish they joined the reject side.

I really don't want to see the Trust p1ss the money away ,with the sell out scum still holding shares, Jase and Stevie boy convincing them to chuck money at the stadium lease.
Must be laughing themselves their dicks off at the very thought they could even suggest that and get away with it.
Which looks like it could happen.

Especially with the very worrying, deafening silence coming from the Trust.
P1sstake, sorry vote, was August.
It's now nearly November and fukall has been said by the Trust on anything, let alone the share sale.
So much for IMPROVED COMMUNICATION.
Which has been promised for years.

The only reason I rejoined was to have a vote to try and stop any such stupidity as making a bad deal worse with the stadium lease.

Very possibly the waste of a tenner.
My worry is that all of us won't fukin bother again until we're in the state Pompey, Luton, Chester and numerous others got themselves into.
Sad times indeed

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:04 - Oct 24 with 3342 viewsNookiejack

What’s the latest Darren?
The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:05 - Oct 24 with 3341 viewsNookiejack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:04 - Oct 24 by Nookiejack

What’s the latest Darren?

Apologies Darran
The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:13 - Oct 24 with 3266 viewsUxbridge

The American Owners versus The Trust on 16:31 - Oct 22 by londonlisa2001

I agree with that.

He gets stick because he bothers to communicate.

I don't blame him if decides not to - none of the others (except Matt) does.

I don't understand why the supporters' director is so silent. How can you represent people that you don't have a conversation with?

Thank you, and others.

To be honest, I think a break from firing up my internet browser was, and is, all too necessary ... for my sanity if nothing else.

I can't argue on the comms front. There needs to be frequent communications with the members (as there were last season with the monthly e-newsletters for example) and that's slipped. Hopefully that'll be resolved quickly. As for Stu ... I know I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but while he's not active online, he certainly is offline amongst the fanbase. I wouldn't disagree that maybe the balance can be altered there though. And not just our SD, I'd like to see more of the board active online. But, as you say, it's not a lot a fun most of the time.

As for everything else, there's not a lot I can say. The vote happened, and now it's with the respective lawyers. With regards to rumours, all I can really say is that if anything changes from the details that were previously presented to the members then as was previously stated we'd need to share that with the members and act accordingly. That would certain apply to Nookie's pet theory, and I'm not sure I could see anyone agreeing to that sort of thing. I certainly couldn't.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:27 - Oct 24 with 3241 viewsDarran

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:05 - Oct 24 by Nookiejack

Apologies Darran

No latest I was told there was a bit of a problem with the Yanks moving the goalposts and since then I've been told that if things change Bobby Hernreich 'may' be interested in jumping in and buying the shares that Kaplan and Levein are moving the goalposts over.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:40 - Oct 24 with 3215 viewsQJumpingJack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:27 - Oct 24 by Darran

No latest I was told there was a bit of a problem with the Yanks moving the goalposts and since then I've been told that if things change Bobby Hernreich 'may' be interested in jumping in and buying the shares that Kaplan and Levein are moving the goalposts over.

who is your source?
The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:42 - Oct 24 with 3205 viewsDarran

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:40 - Oct 24 by QJumpingJack

who is your source?

lol

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:48 - Oct 24 with 3195 viewswhiterock

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:13 - Oct 23 by Dewi1jack

I think there are many Trust members who are on their last year of membership.
Those of us that voted no for the deal as well as mates who voted accept, quite a few of whom now wish they joined the reject side.

I really don't want to see the Trust p1ss the money away ,with the sell out scum still holding shares, Jase and Stevie boy convincing them to chuck money at the stadium lease.
Must be laughing themselves their dicks off at the very thought they could even suggest that and get away with it.
Which looks like it could happen.

Especially with the very worrying, deafening silence coming from the Trust.
P1sstake, sorry vote, was August.
It's now nearly November and fukall has been said by the Trust on anything, let alone the share sale.
So much for IMPROVED COMMUNICATION.
Which has been promised for years.

The only reason I rejoined was to have a vote to try and stop any such stupidity as making a bad deal worse with the stadium lease.

Very possibly the waste of a tenner.
My worry is that all of us won't fukin bother again until we're in the state Pompey, Luton, Chester and numerous others got themselves into.
Sad times indeed

Lets see what the offer is before dismissing it.

The Trust should consider cutting out the middle man and use the money to purchase a proportion of the stadium off the council direct. That way, they'll hold the aces.
The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:55 - Oct 24 with 3177 viewsNookiejack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:27 - Oct 24 by Darran

Cheers
The American Owners versus The Trust on 17:25 - Oct 24 with 3112 viewsNookiejack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:55 - Oct 24 by Nookiejack

Cheers

Do you know whether the Majority shareholder would have to approve a sale of the Trust’s shares to Heinrich under the new articles?

Also would the Trust have to hold a separate vote to sell its 5% to Heinrich?
The American Owners versus The Trust on 17:38 - Oct 24 with 3087 viewsDewi1jack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:48 - Oct 24 by whiterock

The Trust should consider cutting out the middle man and use the money to purchase a proportion of the stadium off the council direct. That way, they'll hold the aces.

I could see the council going for this idea.
They get the money we've all invested as taxpayers, to fritter away on their next pet project,you know like the bendy bus, while ensuring there's a guardian looking after the stadium.
That way if things go titsup in the future, any serving councillor left who allowed the sale can pass the blame.
Politicians and public employees all seem dab hands at that

The American Owners versus The Trust on 17:41 - Oct 24 with 3083 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I thought Jenkins was going to buy the shares under the agreement?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:07 - Oct 24 with 3036 viewsShaky

The American Owners versus The Trust on 19:44 - Oct 22 by waynekerr55

Well I'm sure whoever presides over the case would look at the facts and draw reasoned judgements. As the QC advice states, there is a strong case anyway; further movement of the goalposts would cement the school of thought that the Trust suffered prejudice via the actions of sellers and buyers. Besides, basic human psychology dictates that we make unconscious decisions, the Trusts exhaustion of ADR would only strengthen their case, surely?

No!

What happened after is irrelevant, as I'm sure Uxbridge has previously confirmed.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:33 - Oct 24 with 2995 viewsShaky

The American Owners versus The Trust on 15:48 - Oct 24 by whiterock

Nope, it would make the Trust what is technically known in the world of investments as a bag holder.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 2971 viewslonglostjack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:33 - Oct 24 by Shaky

Nope, it would make the Trust what is technically known in the world of investments as a bag holder.

Perhaps the Trust could invest the £5m and borrow the rest at historically low interest rates. Perhaps the council could be persuaded to be the bag holder retaining a stake. I'm not sure whether the Trust's statutes allows them to borrow money though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The American Owners versus The Trust on 19:02 - Oct 24 with 2965 viewsShaky

The American Owners versus The Trust on 18:52 - Oct 24 by longlostjack

Perhaps the Trust could invest the £5m and borrow the rest at historically low interest rates. Perhaps the council could be persuaded to be the bag holder retaining a stake. I'm not sure whether the Trust's statutes allows them to borrow money though.

The council is already the bag holder of a classic white elephant infrastructure project, that nevertheless brings significant - if hard to quantify - benefits to the community, financed more cheaply than the Trust could ever muster.

Now there is an opportunity to generate value from sponsorship, naming rights, etc. However, this value is derived from the club's status only, and has nothing to do with the intrinsic properties of the stadium.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The American Owners versus The Trust on 19:09 - Oct 24 with 2949 viewslonglostjack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 19:02 - Oct 24 by Shaky

The council is already the bag holder of a classic white elephant infrastructure project, that nevertheless brings significant - if hard to quantify - benefits to the community, financed more cheaply than the Trust could ever muster.

Now there is an opportunity to generate value from sponsorship, naming rights, etc. However, this value is derived from the club's status only, and has nothing to do with the intrinsic properties of the stadium.

What about the rent that would have to be paid by the club?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024