Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The American Owners versus The Trust 21:08 - Oct 21 with 15353 viewsDarran

I wasn't going to post this untill I'd spoken to Phil tomorrow but I've decided after a couple of beers that it wouldn't be fair to ask him.

Someone told me today that the American owners are not too happy with going ahead with the buying of shares off the Trust and want a change in what they promised meaning that the Trust will be left with no option other than legal action.

Anyone heard anything?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:03 - Oct 21 with 1881 viewsTNT

The American Owners versus The Trust on 22:56 - Oct 21 by Garyjack

Oh stop it Jackie, you're getting all girlie again mun!

I bet that looks like David Giles from the back.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:07 - Oct 21 with 1864 viewsDewi1jack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 22:15 - Oct 21 by QJumpingJack

If this were true, surely the trust would have notified members?

What an optimist you are.
I love people who see the best in everyone, no matter the previous failures of those people.

Trouble is Ladies and Gentlemen,
if a fair few of us that voted against the deal haven't renewed (I have to try and stop further 'mistakes' happening) we'll be outnumbered by the people who couldn't be bothered to vote first time.

Really wish the Trust hadn't pushed such a sh1tty deal, been impartial and had given all options a proper airing, including a fuller precis of the legal advice.
Communication that they said they'd improve a few years ago, is much like the stadium tannoy system.
only audible if your sitting in the right place.

Are the Yeehaa's reneging (IF they are!!!) because their money men/ backers won't put anymore money in?
There should have been a full check on the Colonial cousins and their backers before the sale. I really doubt there was and for that we have to blame the sellers
Sooner Dimwit, Beaky and the rest are gone from the club the better.

Sorry Doc,
The time to go nuclear is now.
The Bridge has been crumbling since before this season started and the vote.
May as well blow the fuker off the planet.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:32 - Oct 21 with 1799 viewsmajorraglan

This is an interesting development. I wonder if they have had a second opinion which has told them to fight the case?

If the Trust had sold their shares last year then based on figures bandied around they could have had approximately £20m. Following the vote and the decision to sell a proportion of their shares, the Trust were rumoured to be receiving about £5m, and they would retain an sizeable chunk of their existing shareholding. If Swansea City are relegated, the Trust shares are likely to be worth considerably less than the price the other boards members sold at which I would have thought could make their case easier to prove.

I can see the Trust would need to keep their cards close to their chest, but at some point there has to be some communication. If the new owners refuse to buy the Trusts shares I think the Trust would have no choice other than to fight.
The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:42 - Oct 21 with 1781 viewsKingBony

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:43 - Oct 21 by builthjack

Just get the Russian hoolies to chase him out of town

Bang on

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:42 - Oct 21 with 1777 viewsLoyal

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:03 - Oct 21 by TNT

Ah, those pictures of the swans 1981/82 frightening.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:45 - Oct 21 with 1775 viewsDavillin

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:20 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Got to disagree with you there Monny.

Legal action has to be the absolute last resort. The Nuclear Option.

To quote one of my favourites: "Litigation is a machine in which you go in as a pig and come out sausage."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:48 - Oct 21 with 1765 viewsheadcleaner

the owners are waiting to raise the money from all the early bird season ticket renewals that are soon to be announced. ferk em and the trust
The American Owners versus The Trust on 00:42 - Oct 22 with 1713 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Trust sent me a letter the other day. I just binned it without even opening it.
Login to get fewer ads

The American Owners versus The Trust on 00:47 - Oct 22 with 1701 viewsGaryjack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 00:42 - Oct 22 by AngelRangelQS

The Trust sent me a letter the other day. I just binned it without even opening it.

If the trust sent me a letter i'd move house!
The American Owners versus The Trust on 10:29 - Oct 22 with 1560 viewsSmellyplumz

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:40 - Oct 21 by Wingstandwood

If they have done another dirty the complete and utter contempt and appalling disrespect they must have towards both SCST and supporters is beyond comprehension. Stuff like the Morgan/Van Zweden travel club, Dineen reappointment farce and Jenkins continued tenure etc, etc, etc... is gutter standard stuff also.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 21:41]

I hope the yanks stiff the trust, poetic justice, if you play with pups you get bitten by fleas!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:16 - Oct 22 with 1506 viewsmax936

Nope, but their legal team drew up the deal and now they want to pull out, good it was a shit deal and it should never have been approved by the voters.

The Trust is solely to blame for this, they should have sung from the roof tops about the injustice of the sale from the very first day it went through, but no they spent 30 grand on Barristers to look at their case, then recommended to the members to accept the deal.

On top of that we haven't heard a word from the trust since the vote.
In fact we haven't heard from anyone at the club either, Jenkins loves the sound of his own voice but not a word from him either. WHY?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:24 - Oct 22 with 1486 viewsQJumpingJack

Why is the news of the issue dripping out on this site (if true)?
Surely the Trust should make a statement explaining the current situation.
The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 1485 viewsmax936

The American Owners versus The Trust on 21:31 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

If they're doing it now then yeah, there's not much wiggle room.

Can't agree that it should have been the first choice.

It was clear from day one that they couldn't be trusted, so many lies were told that's clear "mistakes have been made and we are determined not to make them again etc"

They spouted a load of Bollocks just to appease, the fact remains that the sellouts should have been brought to book for the deception, they even had a spy spies in the Trust I still can't believe that others in the trust didn't know what was going on behind the scenes they can't really think that us fans are that naïve.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:26 - Oct 22 with 1478 viewsexiledclaseboy

I too was told the same information that’s in the OP on this thread.

Poll: Tory leader

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:29 - Oct 22 with 1463 viewsmax936

The American Owners versus The Trust on 22:30 - Oct 21 by WarwickHunt

Rich was indeed a great bloke and must be turning in his grave at what's become of us. Ditto Mike Kent.

This with bells on. 100%

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:14 - Oct 22 with 1412 viewsSmellyplumz

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:16 - Oct 22 by max936

Nope, but their legal team drew up the deal and now they want to pull out, good it was a shit deal and it should never have been approved by the voters.

The Trust is solely to blame for this, they should have sung from the roof tops about the injustice of the sale from the very first day it went through, but no they spent 30 grand on Barristers to look at their case, then recommended to the members to accept the deal.

In fact we haven't heard from anyone at the club either, Jenkins loves the sound of his own voice but not a word from him either. WHY?

Who wants to pull out? trust or the yanks??

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:17 - Oct 22 with 1401 viewsunion_jack

The American Owners versus The Trust on 11:16 - Oct 22 by max936

Well that's just not true Max!

I heard from the trust just the other day asking me to renew my membership. You can't just go making things like that up you know.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:18 - Oct 22 with 1398 viewsDarran

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:14 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

The Yanks.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:18 - Oct 22 with 1397 viewsmax936

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:03 - Oct 21 by TNT

I'm sure that one was in Hogarths last night

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:19 - Oct 22 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

The American Owners versus The Trust on 23:32 - Oct 21 by majorraglan

This is an interesting development. I wonder if they have had a second opinion which has told them to fight the case?

If the Trust had sold their shares last year then based on figures bandied around they could have had approximately £20m. Following the vote and the decision to sell a proportion of their shares, the Trust were rumoured to be receiving about £5m, and they would retain an sizeable chunk of their existing shareholding. If Swansea City are relegated, the Trust shares are likely to be worth considerably less than the price the other boards members sold at which I would have thought could make their case easier to prove.

I can see the Trust would need to keep their cards close to their chest, but at some point there has to be some communication. If the new owners refuse to buy the Trusts shares I think the Trust would have no choice other than to fight.

It'll be because the deal is a great one for them if we stay up and they now think there's a big risk of that not happening.

They're treating it as a big call option.
The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:19 - Oct 22 with 1392 viewsmax936

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:14 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

Yanks the OP said.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:21 - Oct 22 with 1389 viewslondonlisa2001

The American Owners versus The Trust on 10:29 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

I hope the yanks stiff the trust, poetic justice, if you play with pups you get bitten by fleas!

You'd rather the people who worked so tirelessly at the beginning and since, lost everything because the current Trust board made the wrong decision? The people of Swansea lost out to a bunch of American opportunists? Really?
The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:23 - Oct 22 with 1380 viewsmax936

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:17 - Oct 22 by union_jack

Well that's just not true Max!

I heard from the trust just the other day asking me to renew my membership. You can't just go making things like that up you know.

Me and the lad had letters to, they remain unopened they might have even been filed now, in the bin.

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:39 - Oct 22 with 1350 viewsSmellyplumz

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:18 - Oct 22 by Darran

The Yanks.

Lol so what the trust going to do now, put another vote to the members recommending court action. F uck my eyes as you'd say!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 12:40]

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:41 - Oct 22 with 1346 viewsmonmouth

The American Owners versus The Trust on 12:23 - Oct 22 by max936

Me and the lad had letters to, they remain unopened they might have even been filed now, in the bin.

Don't you find that sad? I do.

Lisa is absolutely right. The Yanks (and the scum 'fans for the fans') have used the Trust entirely for their own ends and behind the scenes will be treating them with utter contempt and laughter, whilst pretending to value their 'input' and 'inside knowledge to inform strategy'. I hope the Trust Board realise this. I've seen this so often in organisations, even shamefully taken part in it myself in the dim and distant past to disarm 'difficult' non-execs and regulators, who even now still think I was on their side.

They think you are clueless nobodies that can be manipulated with a smile, a pat on the head, and to be made to feel important, valued and clever. You know it's true.

Sorry Lisa, for misappropriating your comment, that's not what you said at all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024