Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency 14:44 - Oct 22 with 7005 viewsLoyal

We have a tremendous coaching set up and a manager who is intelligent and tactically minded.
Regardless of how this goes over the coming months, Clement MUST stay !

He has a job to do and it's taking time, he is doing ok considering the players he has that have been brought in mostly by a chairman doing things on the cheap.

Totally Unlike me but this is the only thing that will keep us up.

YJB.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 14:44]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:55 - Oct 22 with 3741 views34dfgdf54

I’ve been highly critical of him, but as a mate of mine said to me earlier, we sold two players who were the deciding factors in terms of keeping us up, and replaced with kids on loan.

Jenkins is a disease and needs to be eradicated. But we have all known that and f*ck all has been done.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:55 - Oct 22 with 3739 viewsicecoldjack

I agree, may as well stick with him, he at least proved he could coach a team last year, it's just that he is currently struggling with a late transfer window and the sale of Siggy and Llorente.

Fingers crossed clement digs himself out the hole, he can start by playing Mesa though !
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:01 - Oct 22 with 3716 viewsmagicdaps10

I find myself in a position where I want him to turn things around and be with us for a long time.....we DO need stability.

But I think the inevitable will happen. Was let down in the transfer window, regardless of what people say....it was a bloody terrible window taking in to account the money we got off Siggy.
He needs to start Mesa, my thinking now is alongside Ki with Fer just ahead of them. He is not helping himself but He is capable, I fear that Jenkins has knocked all the good things out of him over the summer.

January, whoever is in charge is going to be another massive transfer window for us.....that is for sure!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:16 - Oct 22 with 3661 viewsjojaca

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:55 - Oct 22 by icecoldjack

I agree, may as well stick with him, he at least proved he could coach a team last year, it's just that he is currently struggling with a late transfer window and the sale of Siggy and Llorente.

Fingers crossed clement digs himself out the hole, he can start by playing Mesa though !

He needs to find out what his best midfield is? Whatever that is. Might be better doing raffle draw and get lucky with certain combinations.

Even when you know, you never know?

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:17 - Oct 22 with 3651 viewsWarwickHunt

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:16 - Oct 22 by jojaca

He needs to find out what his best midfield is? Whatever that is. Might be better doing raffle draw and get lucky with certain combinations.

Bobbly's tombola machine must be knocking about somewhere...
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:31 - Oct 22 with 3570 viewsSmellyplumz

Sorry loyal, think your a great poster but I disagree with you on this. Clement is clutching at straws and looks bereft of ideas. Has to go sharpish for me just after scum Jenkins.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:45 - Oct 22 with 3525 viewsnantywatcher

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:31 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

Sorry loyal, think your a great poster but I disagree with you on this. Clement is clutching at straws and looks bereft of ideas. Has to go sharpish for me just after scum Jenkins.

Totally agree.
PC is tactically useless - starting with his ridiculous substitutions in the first match of the season, which saw us in an evenly matched game being subsequently stuffed, to his approach to almost every game this season - he is nowhere good enough. Anything above League 1 standard is going to see him struggle. I hate saying this because he comes across as a really decent guy.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:53 - Oct 22 with 3488 viewsjojaca

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:45 - Oct 22 by nantywatcher

Totally agree.
PC is tactically useless - starting with his ridiculous substitutions in the first match of the season, which saw us in an evenly matched game being subsequently stuffed, to his approach to almost every game this season - he is nowhere good enough. Anything above League 1 standard is going to see him struggle. I hate saying this because he comes across as a really decent guy.

When we signed Clement, I was hoping for the next Rodgers/Martinez. But unfortunately we have got the next Garry Monk.

How many would swap Clement for Giggs now?

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 3471 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:53 - Oct 22 by jojaca

When we signed Clement, I was hoping for the next Rodgers/Martinez. But unfortunately we have got the next Garry Monk.

How many would swap Clement for Giggs now?

I'd rather have Huw Jenkins Sat on my face than Giggs as our manager.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 3430 viewswhoflungdung

He s allowed players unfit for purpose into our club and bears equal responsibility

We need someone to sort out Jenkins

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 3431 viewsGlyn1

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:55 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

Clement has been in the job for less than a full season. He has to be given time.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:05 - Oct 22 with 3412 viewsicecoldjack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:31 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

I disagree.

I think we all admit his tactics and subs have cost us points this season but i'm still for giving him more time, there are a lot of dynamics involved if he gets the boot, the whole coaching team will go too, Tammy and Sanches are his players, there are many pitfalls to navigate in sacking plus the huge pay outs to all those employed by him after us already paying off Laudrups coaching set up Monks coaching set up ,Guidolin,s coaching set up and Bobbly and Paul williams set up .

There is a huge financial outlay involved with past mistakes, i think clement is playing catch up with the transfer window and is struggling to find the right balance between defense and attack.

Give him a bit more time i say .
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:07 - Oct 22 with 3405 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:02 - Oct 22 by Glyn1

Clement has been in the job for less than a full season. He has to be given time.

Well given time or not doesn't really matter because he is not the true reason we are struggling, it's Huw and even if we replace Clement tomorrow we'll still struggle. I can't see Huw going any where soon.

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:09 - Oct 22 with 3398 viewsmonmouth

But everything on and off the pitch is so frigging joyless, so lacking in energy, so dour, so negative.

I don't want him to be sacked, I want him to adapt, but it's not looking likely is it? He should get until halfway, as things might click, but we should be planning now for what I think might well be inevitable, just in case, so that we are not caught cold again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:16 - Oct 22 with 3363 viewssnork44

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:55 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

I'd rather have Bob Bradley back as manager than Giggs!!! Let's keep Clement as manager and get rid of Jenkins, that mans ego is destroying our club. To get rid of a manager again will destabilize us ,that will assure a certain relegation battle.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:17 - Oct 22 with 3354 viewsicecoldjack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:07 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

Well given time or not doesn't really matter because he is not the true reason we are struggling, it's Huw and even if we replace Clement tomorrow we'll still struggle. I can't see Huw going any where soon.

Really is the crux of the matter .

Like i mentioned on a thread yesterday, clement while not being perfect has also been dealt with a few curve balls along the way . Thanks Huw!

Maybe he should have walked when not being given players he wanted ? realistically nobody in football would leave a premier league managers job .

Give him a bit of time, the players apparently like his preparation and coaching sessions, which is the usual gripe when things start going wrong, he is just lacking star quality in the team, he did try and rectify that by signing Ronato Sanches, i thought he would be great for us when settled but it's looking iffy truth be told, can't blame clement for that either really.

Bottom line is that he's coaching Championship players to play premier league football.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:24 - Oct 22 with 3331 viewsTheKirkyLife

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:17 - Oct 22 by icecoldjack

Really is the crux of the matter .

Like i mentioned on a thread yesterday, clement while not being perfect has also been dealt with a few curve balls along the way . Thanks Huw!

Maybe he should have walked when not being given players he wanted ? realistically nobody in football would leave a premier league managers job .

Give him a bit of time, the players apparently like his preparation and coaching sessions, which is the usual gripe when things start going wrong, he is just lacking star quality in the team, he did try and rectify that by signing Ronato Sanches, i thought he would be great for us when settled but it's looking iffy truth be told, can't blame clement for that either really.

Bottom line is that he's coaching Championship players to play premier league football.

Jenkins is the biggest issue but I think turning a blind eye to Clement is wrong. Average manager, doesn't matter how good a coach he is.

I can see your argument though.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:25 - Oct 22 with 3322 viewswhoflungdung

I d rather dawn French sit on my face

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:27 - Oct 22 with 3302 viewsDarran

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:25 - Oct 22 by whoflungdung

I d rather dawn French sit on my face

Making fun of someones size again is it? You're such a nice guy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:32 - Oct 22 with 3287 viewsunion_jack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:27 - Oct 22 by Darran

Making fun of someones size again is it? You're such a nice guy.

He isn't. She's slimmed down these days

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:37 - Oct 22 with 3264 viewswhoflungdung

I wish to withdraw my last remark although MS French has lost much weight but she does have nice hair

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 3091 viewsjack247

I’m rapidly losing faith in Clement and I’m saying that as someone who was a massive fan of what he did last season.

Don’t dispute the fact that he hasn’t been helped from above, but he should be able to get some genuine attacking verve from the players at his disposal, even if it means losing possession and having players out of position every now and then.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 18:31 - Oct 22 with 3066 viewsShaky

On the evidence so far I can't agree with the positive qualities you ascribe to Clement. but that said i believe changing the manager is unlikely to work again.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 18:40 - Oct 22 with 3021 viewsdameedna

Rangel and Britton will save us.
Seriously we have a problem that rests on results.
Doing better than last year.
Lose next 2 league games and chop it will be.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 18:53 - Oct 22 with 2969 viewsDavillin

It's hard to say this, but I think it's too early to talk "sack."

I have pointed out a couple of his "rookie mistakes" previously, and I think a bit more time now, and one chance for him to figure things out, is miles better than bringing in someone new -- for all the obvious reasons. Frying pan into fire.

There are not that many Guidolins out there who can pick up the detritus and make a winner out of it. And, to be blunt, Clement did manage that, too -- with whose help along the way is open to discussion.

I dare to believe that things are not so hopeless now as to sack and replace with an unknown quantity so soon.

And in his recent press conference, he specifically did say that changes will be made.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024