Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency 14:44 - Oct 22 with 6989 viewsLoyal

We have a tremendous coaching set up and a manager who is intelligent and tactically minded.
Regardless of how this goes over the coming months, Clement MUST stay !

He has a job to do and it's taking time, he is doing ok considering the players he has that have been brought in mostly by a chairman doing things on the cheap.

Totally Unlike me but this is the only thing that will keep us up.

YJB.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 14:44]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:53 - Oct 23 with 1482 viewsicecoldjack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:34 - Oct 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Remind us again, just how many of Laudrups list moved in to Premiership Teams?
And Laudrup himself?

Laudrups list ?

Not sure what your talking about , the point is if you took both teams and compared now and then and looked at who would be wanted at other clubs it would say everything about how the qaulity of the team has been eroded away completely.

Even the likes of Canas are no worse than £17m Clucas ! and he was free !

It's not a Laudrup thing it's about how our squad has been eroded away and replaced with cheap options that dilute the overall standard .
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:06 - Oct 23 with 1468 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:53 - Oct 23 by icecoldjack

Laudrups list ?

Not sure what your talking about , the point is if you took both teams and compared now and then and looked at who would be wanted at other clubs it would say everything about how the qaulity of the team has been eroded away completely.

Even the likes of Canas are no worse than £17m Clucas ! and he was free !

It's not a Laudrup thing it's about how our squad has been eroded away and replaced with cheap options that dilute the overall standard .

Yes our squad has been drastically eroded away.
But you brought it up.
You said " How many of those mentioned in my list would walk into another premier league squad ? ", the answer is very few, if any.
and then you said "How many of Laudrups team would have walked into another prem league squad ? "
Well how many did walk in to another prem league squad, seeing as they were such desirable Prem players ?
Well Bony did a year or so later for an at the time record amount, but I don't remember him being a Laudrup signing.

That team was the culmination of many years of development and played out of their skins and achieved a great deal, under both Rogers & Laudrup, but were not recognised by the rest of the Prem as anything special.
Most of our current team are just everybody else's cast offs.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:28 - Oct 23 with 1452 viewsyescomeon

I agree that there probably isn't a great deal of difference in terms of quality between Laudrup's team and our current team. There was a much clearer idea of the style of play/philosophy and a more complete squad, whereas the squad now feels a bit like a collection of random signings, in the midfield in particular.

Upthecity!

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:41 - Oct 23 with 1447 viewsicecoldjack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:06 - Oct 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes our squad has been drastically eroded away.
But you brought it up.
You said " How many of those mentioned in my list would walk into another premier league squad ? ", the answer is very few, if any.
and then you said "How many of Laudrups team would have walked into another prem league squad ? "
Well how many did walk in to another prem league squad, seeing as they were such desirable Prem players ?
Well Bony did a year or so later for an at the time record amount, but I don't remember him being a Laudrup signing.

That team was the culmination of many years of development and played out of their skins and achieved a great deal, under both Rogers & Laudrup, but were not recognised by the rest of the Prem as anything special.
Most of our current team are just everybody else's cast offs.

They walked into Spurs, Spurs again,Napoli and Napoli again, They could have walked into a premier league squad no problem

Lets have a look at our squad back then, now IMO walking into a La Liga team or Serie A team is pretty much the same as joining a premier league squad.

Ash- Everton
Davies - Spurs
Vorm- Spurs
JDG - Napoli (yes loan)
Bony- Man city , yes he was a Laudrup signing.
Shelvey- Newcastle
Michu- Napoli
Canas - Espanyol
Pozuelo- Rayo vallacano

So like i said, it's a quality control issue irrelevent of who the manager is the last few years, jenkins has been responsible for some of the worst business anyone has ever seen, and has been the only constant, the last manager who stood up to his nonsense was Laudrup and his agent .

So anyone trying to say this doesn't fall at Jenkins door is not correct, it has everything to do with him .
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:58 - Oct 23 with 1436 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:41 - Oct 23 by icecoldjack

They walked into Spurs, Spurs again,Napoli and Napoli again, They could have walked into a premier league squad no problem

Lets have a look at our squad back then, now IMO walking into a La Liga team or Serie A team is pretty much the same as joining a premier league squad.

Ash- Everton
Davies - Spurs
Vorm- Spurs
JDG - Napoli (yes loan)
Bony- Man city , yes he was a Laudrup signing.
Shelvey- Newcastle
Michu- Napoli
Canas - Espanyol
Pozuelo- Rayo vallacano

So like i said, it's a quality control issue irrelevent of who the manager is the last few years, jenkins has been responsible for some of the worst business anyone has ever seen, and has been the only constant, the last manager who stood up to his nonsense was Laudrup and his agent .

So anyone trying to say this doesn't fall at Jenkins door is not correct, it has everything to do with him .

I totally agree it is practically all down to Jenkins.
I will leave it to others to decide about your selective memory.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:14 - Oct 23 with 1422 viewsexiledclaseboy

The only reason I’d agree with sacking Clement now is if Brendan Rodgers was lined up to take straight over. Otherwise we may as well stick with dour Paul.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 16:26]

Poll: Tory leader

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:23 - Oct 23 with 1408 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:14 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

The only reason I’d agree with sacking Clement now is if Brendan Rodgers was lined up to take straight over. Otherwise we may as well stick with dour Paul.

I agree.

If only 16 months ago Jenkins had accepted that Rodgers was worth the money he was asking for (and transfer control) we wouldn’t be anywhere near this mess now in my opinion.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:32 - Oct 23 with 1400 viewsSTID2017

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:14 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

If Brendan didn't want a real challenge again after managing in the SPL pub league, then Koeman is ideally suited to us.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

N/A. on 23:56 - Oct 23 with 1336 viewsHuw57

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 09:30 - Oct 23 by thornabyswan

Coaching Championship players oh come on.
Clucas 16m
Bony 13 m
Messa 11 m
Sanches 4.5 loan.
Abrahams cheap loan but must be worth 25 million.
Then If you add in the likes of Carroll Olsson Narsingh and Ayew that's not a side assembled on the cheap.
Clement has said all along he has the final say on players so should take his share of the blame.
For the dross that has been served up this season.
All this blaming Jenkins for everything is fukcing stupid but he is culpable.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:24]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:18 - Oct 24 with 1267 viewsLandore_Jack

Had enough of watching this shit. Clement out!

#backtojack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:31 - Oct 24 with 1222 viewsjasper_T

Clement out.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:33 - Oct 24 with 1197 viewsPintado

Boring negative football, awful to watch and as much as I hate to say it, Clement out and get a manager in who will at least play attacking football.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:34 - Oct 24 with 1195 viewsSwanjaxs

Clement is a dead man walking I'm afraid

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:35 - Oct 24 with 1175 viewsadamswan

The lack of pace in this team in effective areas is embarassing. I don't know who looks more bored, the players or the fans. There is a reason we are invariably last on MOTD, because we are chuffing dreadful to watch. Does the blame lay at the feet of PC? If the squad is unbalanced, as he says, then was this not frighteningly obvious in pre season. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, mainly because I cannot see who we could tempt in who could offer us any more.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:37 - Oct 24 with 1163 viewsPozuelosSideys

It would be tough with a full squad available, as the quality in it is just enough to keep us up. We are getting key injuries too now to add to the awful coaching and tactical decisions.

But i think we've gone past that point now with the current coaching set up. If, which is likely, we get smashed at Arsenal, the P45 should be landing on the mat.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:38 - Oct 24 with 1158 viewsTheKirkyLife

Koeman won't be available for long. Need to get rid of a clueless man and actually do what Everton couldn't and listen to the manager when it comes to transfers.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 21:40 - Oct 24 with 1140 viewsLandore_Jack

The worrying thought is big nose appointing either Giggs or Coleman.

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024