Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big Bang Theory.... 19:29 - Oct 22 with 4408 viewsSwanjaxs

Best American sit com by a country mile 👍 ....
Call me old skool but the yanks are years behind us in the comedy stakes tho ....
Fawlty Tower's...
Till death us do part..
Love thy Neighbours...
Rising Damp...
The Young One's....
I could go on for hours 😎😎
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 19:31]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 4386 viewsexiledclaseboy

Love they neighbour. Dear god. Some US sitcoms are superb. Most U.K. sitcoms are bloody awful these days. The yanks do sitcom far better than we do.

Poll: Tory leader

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:35 - Oct 22 with 4385 viewsswanjackal

Granted I have only watched a couple of episodes, and briefly passing it on TV, I have never laughed once during it, even when the canned laughter was prompting me to do so. People have always told me it would be my kind of show due to my background, but it never hit the mark for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:36 - Oct 22 with 4383 viewsmonmouth

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:35 - Oct 22 by exiledclaseboy

Love they neighbour. Dear god. Some US sitcoms are superb. Most U.K. sitcoms are bloody awful these days. The yanks do sitcom far better than we do.

Episodes has been my particular favourite. Not sure if that is a collaboration but it’s bloody funny.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:38 - Oct 22 with 4380 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:36 - Oct 22 by monmouth

Episodes has been my particular favourite. Not sure if that is a collaboration but it’s bloody funny.

It’s a joint US/UK production. I agree, it’s very good. Matt le Blanc is superb in it.

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:50 - Oct 22 with 4351 viewsjack2jack

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:35 - Oct 22 by exiledclaseboy

Married with children, was my personal fav
The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 4348 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:50 - Oct 22 by jack2jack

Married with children, was my personal fav

That was excellent too. Kelly Bundy.

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:51 - Oct 22 with 4346 viewsSwanjaxs

Men Behaving Badley...
Robbins Nest ( the Irish one armed dishwasher)...
Satellite City .....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:57 - Oct 22 with 4335 viewsswanjackal

Father Ted and Fawlty Towers will never be topped for me.

Also agree with J2J, Married with Children is probably the best non animated comedy to come out of US for me, don't think I have watched any with regularity other than that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:59 - Oct 22 with 4325 viewsjack2jack

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:51 - Oct 22 by exiledclaseboy

That was excellent too. Kelly Bundy.

Mmmmm nice😉
The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:01 - Oct 22 with 4316 viewsjack2jack

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:57 - Oct 22 by swanjackal

Also agree with J2J, Married with Children is probably the best non animated comedy to come out of US for me, don't think I have watched any with regularity other than that.

There's loads of MWC on YouTube,hillarious fair play.
The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:02 - Oct 22 with 4309 viewsSwanjaxs

The Big Bang Theory.... on 19:57 - Oct 22 by swanjackal

#I hear your a racist now father#.... comedy gold

The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:03 - Oct 22 with 4306 viewsswanjackal

The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:01 - Oct 22 by jack2jack

There's loads of MWC on YouTube,hillarious fair play.

Thanks to Al, I affectionately call my wife "My little viper".

The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:06 - Oct 22 with 4295 viewsjack2jack

The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:03 - Oct 22 by swanjackal

Thanks to Al, I affectionately call my wife "My little viper".

The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:16 - Oct 22 with 4275 viewsexiledclaseboy

I enjoyed skipping through this, bearing in mind that such lists are subjective and only the writer’s opinion.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/05/the-100-best-tv-sitcoms-of-all-ti
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 20:19]

The Big Bang Theory.... on 20:25 - Oct 22 with 4258 viewsunion_jack

From the US, Veep and Silicon Valley are very good (the former written by Armando Iannucci).

This side of the pond, my favourites are W1A and Upstart Crow.

Well written and brilliantly delivered, all of the above.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Big Bang Theory.... on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 4194 viewsHighjack

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Big Bang Theory.... on 23:00 - Oct 22 with 4185 viewsDyfnant

BBT is fooking shite

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Big Bang Theory.... on 01:16 - Oct 23 with 4133 viewsphact0rri

Big Bang Theory? Really? it makes its stance on an old thought about what nerds are. Completely blind to reality it is. Show is awful.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Big Bang Theory.... on 01:17 - Oct 23 with 4131 viewsLeonWasGod

Kelsey Grammer would be turning in his grave, if he was dead.

Cheers
Frasier

BBT isn't fit to lick the boots of those two classics. And I'm sure there were more , but I'm not a big tv watcher. Friends was a global phenomenon for starters.
The Big Bang Theory.... on 09:37 - Oct 23 with 4057 viewsPegojack

I'm a fan of BBT and have been since it started, although I have to admit it has gradually gone 'off the boil' since it's basic premise became a bit old hat as the characters have aged. It still makes me laugh out loud occasionally, though.

This might sound a bit mental, but I think you have to adjust your 'humour compass' when watching US shows, almost have a culture transplant for half an hour and watch them with a bit of an American eye. Not something everyone is willing to do.

I still like watching the re-runs of King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond on C4 when I'm eating my breakfast before setting off to work, but I can imagine the US humour in them is far from everybody's cup of tea.

PS Kaley Cuoco and Melissa Rauch make BBT very easy on the eye....

PPS Goddammit, I cannot get the hang of posting images on here direct from t'internet, which I wanted to do with the ladies mentioned above. I know what it says in the guidance section on here, but it doesn't work because when I click on an image, it doesn't end with a jpg or whatever. When I right click to get a drop down of options, which option should I be selecting? Copy link? Copy Image? Copy shortcut? What?

[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 12:29]
The Big Bang Theory.... on 14:49 - Oct 23 with 3990 viewsPegojack

The Big Bang Theory.... on 09:37 - Oct 23 by Pegojack

I'm a fan of BBT and have been since it started, although I have to admit it has gradually gone 'off the boil' since it's basic premise became a bit old hat as the characters have aged. It still makes me laugh out loud occasionally, though.

This might sound a bit mental, but I think you have to adjust your 'humour compass' when watching US shows, almost have a culture transplant for half an hour and watch them with a bit of an American eye. Not something everyone is willing to do.

I still like watching the re-runs of King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond on C4 when I'm eating my breakfast before setting off to work, but I can imagine the US humour in them is far from everybody's cup of tea.

PS Kaley Cuoco and Melissa Rauch make BBT very easy on the eye....

PPS Goddammit, I cannot get the hang of posting images on here direct from t'internet, which I wanted to do with the ladies mentioned above. I know what it says in the guidance section on here, but it doesn't work because when I click on an image, it doesn't end with a jpg or whatever. When I right click to get a drop down of options, which option should I be selecting? Copy link? Copy Image? Copy shortcut? What?

[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 12:29]

Bump.

Could someone respond to the last point? A masterclass, please.
The Big Bang Theory.... on 14:55 - Oct 23 with 3985 viewsswanjackal

The Big Bang Theory.... on 14:49 - Oct 23 by Pegojack

Bump.

Could someone respond to the last point? A masterclass, please.

I just look for a short address with .jpg at the end on a search. Sorry, personally can't help further than that.

I open image in seperate page, and direct copy the address, won't even try if it does not end with.jpg (or a pic file) as too much fiddling.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 14:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024