Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield for Man Utd 23:27 - Oct 22 with 4827 viewsYossarian

As we’ve been pitiful in midfield, why not go with Dyer, Mesa, Ki and Clucas?
Keep the back 4 and Ayew and Tammy up front. Fede gets the armband.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Midfield for Man Utd on 12:33 - Oct 23 with 760 viewsnantywatcher

I'd start with McBurnie - always impresses me with his 100% attitude and eye for a goal. I think he's good enough but we'll never know if he's only ever thrown into games with 5/10 minutes to go.
How people on here can dismiss him so easily I find quite laughable, maybe they've never seen him play a full game??
Midfield for Man Utd on 12:56 - Oct 23 with 739 viewsswanscopout

I would call up some of the U23's for this , the likes of Reid / James / Mc Burnie even for the bench as they couldn't do any worse could they ? What are the alternatives ? Keep playing those who are letting the team down or try something new. If we are not going to use the U23's then what is the point having the team ? Those 'kids' are young and hungry and really should be up for the opportunity.
There are those who say that they are not good enough so we go and spend millions in the transfer market and get shite like Tabs and Ngog - give them a chance , they may be found wanting but it won't cost hard cash to find out.
Keep in mind the opposition and the risk of injury when we have past Arsenal some games we should be targeting.
Midfield for Man Utd on 15:28 - Oct 23 with 697 viewsYossarian

Well, this thread certainly For all the money spent over the past few seasons the cu
Board is quite bare in positions that have been bare for a few seasons now, and few of the squad command the unanimous confidence of the fans. Just how did Laudrup and Tutumlu fashion a squad with most costing around £5 million and played some of the best football we’ve seen here? Funny it all went pear-shaped after Jenkins fancied he knew more about football than Laudrup....and anyone else.
I’ve seen McBurnie play a few full games for the U21s and I don’t think he’s got the pace or physical strength to make it on the PL. So e on here(understandably) are calling for some U21 players to be given a chance, but some haven’t played for the first team and putting them in against a physical Man Utd side smarting after the Huddersfield result could be disastrous for them. However, there’s only one way to find out, and perhaps the time has come to chuck a few in the deep end. Hopefully some will swim but some will not. Personally, I don’t think Clement will go this way because it’s against his nature. He is cautious. He has clearly roped in Olsen as he doesn’t look the same player. Naughton is also an attacking full back but he hardly goes past his winger these days. What that tells m3 is that Clement has no confidence in the defensive awareness of those he’s having to pick out wide. Carroll has no real pace and is powder puff in the tackle- Ditto for Narsingh, in my view, our worst signing for years - even Lamah had more in his locker. Yet again, all this tells me that Jenkins and Leadbeater have been a disaster. The money wasted has been staggering, literally squandering millions looking to find the jewel in the bargain basement dung heap. Sadly, this combination has been responsible for the burial of our football identity, and leads me to conclude that Jenkins hasn’t got a clue how to begin getting it back. That, for me, is reason enough for any man of honour integrity to resign in the interests of the club.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Midfield for Man Utd on 16:48 - Oct 23 with 684 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

fab
rangel
vdh
ff
mo

ki
mesa
fer
clucas
dyer

bony (if fit)

tammy picked up a knock saturday by the way

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Midfield for Man Utd on 17:11 - Oct 23 with 660 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Midfield for Man Utd on 15:28 - Oct 23 by Yossarian

Well, this thread certainly For all the money spent over the past few seasons the cu
Board is quite bare in positions that have been bare for a few seasons now, and few of the squad command the unanimous confidence of the fans. Just how did Laudrup and Tutumlu fashion a squad with most costing around £5 million and played some of the best football we’ve seen here? Funny it all went pear-shaped after Jenkins fancied he knew more about football than Laudrup....and anyone else.
I’ve seen McBurnie play a few full games for the U21s and I don’t think he’s got the pace or physical strength to make it on the PL. So e on here(understandably) are calling for some U21 players to be given a chance, but some haven’t played for the first team and putting them in against a physical Man Utd side smarting after the Huddersfield result could be disastrous for them. However, there’s only one way to find out, and perhaps the time has come to chuck a few in the deep end. Hopefully some will swim but some will not. Personally, I don’t think Clement will go this way because it’s against his nature. He is cautious. He has clearly roped in Olsen as he doesn’t look the same player. Naughton is also an attacking full back but he hardly goes past his winger these days. What that tells m3 is that Clement has no confidence in the defensive awareness of those he’s having to pick out wide. Carroll has no real pace and is powder puff in the tackle- Ditto for Narsingh, in my view, our worst signing for years - even Lamah had more in his locker. Yet again, all this tells me that Jenkins and Leadbeater have been a disaster. The money wasted has been staggering, literally squandering millions looking to find the jewel in the bargain basement dung heap. Sadly, this combination has been responsible for the burial of our football identity, and leads me to conclude that Jenkins hasn’t got a clue how to begin getting it back. That, for me, is reason enough for any man of honour integrity to resign in the interests of the club.

A ma of honour an integrity yes. A narcissist whose sense of entitlement and ego have convinced him that he's infallible - not a chance.
The Americans must be daving him for "operation human shield" when they finally dry bum us after relegtion.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Midfield for Man Utd on 17:25 - Oct 23 with 651 viewsjasper_T

Give the kids a chance.
Midfield for Man Utd on 17:56 - Oct 23 with 638 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think that the PC & Co and the 1st team could learn a lot by watching the U23s play.
They play as a team, they know each other and their strengths well.
They play in to spaces knowing that most of the time their team mate will be there, they put in decent crosses and dead balls and have self belief in what they are doing.
Just about most of the things that seem to be missing from our 1st team.
Midfield for Man Utd on 18:12 - Oct 23 with 631 viewsjack247

I think people seriously underestimate the gap in quality between the U23 team and the firsts. None of them have made a massive impact in league football and Oli looks like Harry Kane on acid playing for them, a kid out of his depth when he gets cameos for us.

I do agree they play some great football though. I don’t think we have the manager to implement that style unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

Midfield for Man Utd on 18:20 - Oct 23 with 627 viewslonglostjack

Midfield for Man Utd on 15:28 - Oct 23 by Yossarian

Great post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Midfield for Man Utd on 18:40 - Oct 23 with 621 viewsjasper_T

Midfield for Man Utd on 18:12 - Oct 23 by jack247

I think people seriously underestimate the gap in quality between the U23 team and the firsts. None of them have made a massive impact in league football and Oli looks like Harry Kane on acid playing for them, a kid out of his depth when he gets cameos for us.

I do agree they play some great football though. I don’t think we have the manager to implement that style unfortunately.

No one makes a step up if you don't take the baby gate off the staircase. If we continue to treat the youth sides as if they're incapable of real football what's the point in having them?

Not like the millionaire senior players aren't failing at this level already. I'd rather see a kid from Neath cost us a game than some continental we're paying £3m a year for the pleasure.
Midfield for Man Utd on 18:58 - Oct 23 with 605 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Midfield for Man Utd on 18:12 - Oct 23 by jack247

"I do agree they play some great football though. I don’t think we have the manager to implement that style unfortunately. "
In a nutshell.
Midfield for Man Utd on 20:26 - Oct 23 with 586 viewsdameedna

Mesa
Clucas
Ki
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024