Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The World's gone mad: Part 1 10:51 - Oct 23 with 16491 viewsswanjackal

The UK edition:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/23/call-expectant-mothers-pregnant-peopl

It has always been said "Pop will eat itself", but more like "Mom and Pop" (or non gender binary) will. Good to see dissent amongst their own ranks, a social justice "civil war" blooming?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:26 - Oct 23 with 1709 viewsexiledclaseboy

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:22 - Oct 23 by Mo_Wives

Did you just assume their genders?

Perish the thought. They were quite up front about their self chosen and binary nature of their existence.

Poll: Tory leader

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:26 - Oct 23 with 1709 viewsswanjackal

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:22 - Oct 23 by Mo_Wives

Did you just assume their genders?

The insensitive pig

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:27 - Oct 23 with 1705 viewsMo_Wives

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:26 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

Perish the thought. They were quite up front about their self chosen and binary nature of their existence.

OK. Just checking...as you were.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 17:47 - Oct 23 with 1689 viewsBanosswan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 1673 viewsMo_Wives

FFS.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9993#.Wekba0gFnCw.twitter

"Women don't think they're oppressed so they need to take my course so I can point it out and turn them into victims...or I need to get a new job"

Hey! teacher! leave those kids alone.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 18:50 - Oct 23 with 1657 viewslondonlisa2001

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 18:08 - Oct 23 by Mo_Wives

FFS.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9993#.Wekba0gFnCw.twitter

"Women don't think they're oppressed so they need to take my course so I can point it out and turn them into victims...or I need to get a new job"

Hey! teacher! leave those kids alone.

Aww - that's you and Dwight both quoting from Campus Reform in two days.

It's surely a matter of weeks until you both start quoting the Viz letters page...
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 18:55 - Oct 23 with 1652 viewsexiledclaseboy

Here’s one to get the pulses racing and the juices flowing (pun intended). It’s Asexual Awareness Week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-41569900

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 18:58 - Oct 23 with 1644 viewsjack2jack

Saw this on TV earlier, wtf, just which office in the Clown department does this come from,I mean jeez us,I give up I really do.
Login to get fewer ads

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:12 - Oct 23 with 1624 viewslondonlisa2001

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 18:58 - Oct 23 by jack2jack

Saw this on TV earlier, wtf, just which office in the Clown department does this come from,I mean jeez us,I give up I really do.

How does it impact you?

I ask because it seems to me that while so called 'liberals' get outraged by stuff that adversely impacts them or others, the 'non PC' brigade spend their lives getting outraged about stuff that has absolutely no adverse impact on them or, in fact, anyone at all.

It's odd.
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:25 - Oct 23 with 1606 viewsjack2jack

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:12 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

How does it impact you?

I ask because it seems to me that while so called 'liberals' get outraged by stuff that adversely impacts them or others, the 'non PC' brigade spend their lives getting outraged about stuff that has absolutely no adverse impact on them or, in fact, anyone at all.

It's odd.

Lisa it doesn't impact me at all,but like I've said before, this is just nonsense,seriously,people need to get a grip,it's ridiculous.
And you can come up with all the arguments and justifications as you like to all this nonsense, but it just doesn't wash I'm afraid, it's just bolloxs,seriously.
Sorry if offend,just my opinion.
Right I'm off to see to my collection of singing potatoes.😉
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:31 - Oct 23 with 1597 viewslondonlisa2001

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:25 - Oct 23 by jack2jack

Lisa it doesn't impact me at all,but like I've said before, this is just nonsense,seriously,people need to get a grip,it's ridiculous.
And you can come up with all the arguments and justifications as you like to all this nonsense, but it just doesn't wash I'm afraid, it's just bolloxs,seriously.
Sorry if offend,just my opinion.
Right I'm off to see to my collection of singing potatoes.😉

Doesn't bother me j2j, I'm just genuinely always at a loss to understand why people get worked up by anything that doesn't affect them.

See, I also think the world's gone mad, but not because of stuff like this, more because of stuff like the American president tweeting war threats to North Korea, or picking an argument with a pregnant war widow because he can't cope with being called out as a liar.

I'd understand people getting bothered about stuff that affects their own life or the life of someone else, but this sort of thing affects absolutely nobody apart from the people it's referring to.
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:39 - Oct 23 with 1588 viewsjack2jack

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:31 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

Doesn't bother me j2j, I'm just genuinely always at a loss to understand why people get worked up by anything that doesn't affect them.

See, I also think the world's gone mad, but not because of stuff like this, more because of stuff like the American president tweeting war threats to North Korea, or picking an argument with a pregnant war widow because he can't cope with being called out as a liar.

I'd understand people getting bothered about stuff that affects their own life or the life of someone else, but this sort of thing affects absolutely nobody apart from the people it's referring to.

Agreed, and to be honest I don't really care, just agreeing with the OP that the world has indeed gone mad.I simply don't get it, maybe I'm too normal, or old-fashioned or boring or all of the forgoing.😀
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:39 - Oct 23 with 1588 viewsWingstandwood

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:12 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

How does it impact you?

It's odd.

Oi….It does affect people because if you're not up-to-date with the latest made up on the hoof PC dictionary you can then get maliciously and wrongfully branded a bigot or a racist. I was called a racist by my own nephew last year for using the word 'Chinky' as abbreviation for Chinese takeaway in the same innocent way I use Chippy to say fish and chip shop.

Apparently to some now the term Afro is now offensive and racist and that is despite Sainsbury’s having an Afro Caribbean food range (Google the words) and see the other 4,880,000 results if you wish. Common sense free w#nkers going all Orwellian word-speak in a desperate attempt to trawl, to fabricate, to find something, just anything to be offended about. Mary Whitehouse did exactly the same with Tom And Jerry.

Argus!

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:53 - Oct 23 with 1567 viewslondonlisa2001

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:39 - Oct 23 by Wingstandwood

Oi….It does affect people because if you're not up-to-date with the latest made up on the hoof PC dictionary you can then get maliciously and wrongfully branded a bigot or a racist. I was called a racist by my own nephew last year for using the word 'Chinky' as abbreviation for Chinese takeaway in the same innocent way I use Chippy to say fish and chip shop.

Apparently to some now the term Afro is now offensive and racist and that is despite Sainsbury’s having an Afro Caribbean food range (Google the words) and see the other 4,880,000 results if you wish. Common sense free w#nkers going all Orwellian word-speak in a desperate attempt to trawl, to fabricate, to find something, just anything to be offended about. Mary Whitehouse did exactly the same with Tom And Jerry.

"I was called a racist by my own nephew last year for using the word 'Chinky' as abbreviation for Chinese takeaway in the same innocent way I use Chippy to say fish and chip shop. "

When I said earlier in this thread that it'd be the Viz letters pages being quoted soon, I didn't realise it'd be that quick fair play.
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:55 - Oct 23 with 1564 viewsexiledclaseboy

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:53 - Oct 23 by londonlisa2001

"I was called a racist by my own nephew last year for using the word 'Chinky' as abbreviation for Chinese takeaway in the same innocent way I use Chippy to say fish and chip shop. "

When I said earlier in this thread that it'd be the Viz letters pages being quoted soon, I didn't realise it'd be that quick fair play.

He probably still nips down the p**i shop for bread and milk too.

Mo’s going to be all over this thread in the morning.

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:58 - Oct 23 with 1559 viewsswanjackal

I would call most response to overly PC stuff as more exasperation rather than outrage, personally.

My problem with this is that it does have an affect on everyone. Government "policing" of acceptable speech, based solely on feelings is very Orwellian in nature. This becomes the first step to ludicrous law changes, which then become a serious issue for people. Look at Canada and see how quickly things can escalate, (Bill C-16). Logic and science, replaced by unquantifiable personal offence will never end well.

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:00 - Oct 23 with 1553 viewsexiledclaseboy

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:58 - Oct 23 by swanjackal

I would call most response to overly PC stuff as more exasperation rather than outrage, personally.

My problem with this is that it does have an affect on everyone. Government "policing" of acceptable speech, based solely on feelings is very Orwellian in nature. This becomes the first step to ludicrous law changes, which then become a serious issue for people. Look at Canada and see how quickly things can escalate, (Bill C-16). Logic and science, replaced by unquantifiable personal offence will never end well.

In what practical way does the government “police” acceptable speech?

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:05 - Oct 23 with 1544 viewsexiledclaseboy

As far as I can tell, the c16 bill makes it illegal (in Canada) to discriminate against someone on the basis of their gender identity and in turn makes it a criminal offence to incite or promote hatred because of gender identity.

I have to ask, and I know I’ll regret doing so, but what’s wrong with that?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:07]

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:07 - Oct 23 with 1541 viewsWingstandwood

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 19:58 - Oct 23 by swanjackal

Yep! Remember this?.... All those Afro Caribbean Centre's the length and breadth of the U.K that have been labelled thus/used by the black community. Are apparently according to white common sense free idiots with a hilarious superiority complex? Racist! But hey? They’ve got to make something to be offended about on the black communities behalf.

Argus!

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:13 - Oct 23 with 1529 viewslondonlisa2001

Greg Hands would fit in well on this forum.
The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:15 - Oct 23 with 1523 viewsswanjackal

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:00 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

In what practical way does the government “police” acceptable speech?

Introduction of various " hate speech" laws, already introduced in lots of countries. As mentioned, C-16 Bill in Canada. They sign in bills/legislature that can then be used by law enforcement to act on these changes.

Although seemingly good natured most the time, the interpretation of terms in these laws is vague. For example, if Darran took offence to a post you made a few days ago mocking his disability , then he had grounds to report you on certain laws here, even though it was said in jest.

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:18 - Oct 23 with 1513 viewsexiledclaseboy

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:15 - Oct 23 by swanjackal

Introduction of various " hate speech" laws, already introduced in lots of countries. As mentioned, C-16 Bill in Canada. They sign in bills/legislature that can then be used by law enforcement to act on these changes.

Although seemingly good natured most the time, the interpretation of terms in these laws is vague. For example, if Darran took offence to a post you made a few days ago mocking his disability , then he had grounds to report you on certain laws here, even though it was said in jest.

Really? Which laws?

I made another post above on the C16 thing.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:19]

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:32 - Oct 23 with 1491 viewsswanjackal

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:05 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

As far as I can tell, the c16 bill makes it illegal (in Canada) to discriminate against someone on the basis of their gender identity and in turn makes it a criminal offence to incite or promote hatred because of gender identity.

I have to ask, and I know I’ll regret doing so, but what’s wrong with that?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:07]

The fact you can be reported, fined and even sentenced for not using correct pronouns for someone is quite frightening in my eye. And that is one of the reasonings behind the bill being introduced.

The vagueness of "gender identity" and the list of compelled terms, of which is ludicrous, makes the law a mine field. And again it is down to feelings.

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:37 - Oct 23 with 1489 viewsexiledclaseboy

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:32 - Oct 23 by swanjackal

The fact you can be reported, fined and even sentenced for not using correct pronouns for someone is quite frightening in my eye. And that is one of the reasonings behind the bill being introduced.

The vagueness of "gender identity" and the list of compelled terms, of which is ludicrous, makes the law a mine field. And again it is down to feelings.

Well you can’t be all those things for using incorrect gender pronouns under that bill unless it’s designed to promote hatred and/or violence or similar. So if someone wanted to be a dick purely for the sake of being a dick and called someone who identifies as “he” a “she” he/she/they isn’t going to prison for it.

I have to ask though, if you knew full well that I (for example) wanted to be addressed by a specific pronoun, why would you just not use that pronoun anyway?

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 1481 viewsswanjackal

The World's gone mad: Part 1 on 20:18 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

Really? Which laws?

I made another post above on the C16 thing.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:19]

My apologies I shouldn't have said laws for your slur I should have said it can be reported as hate speech, and used as an official statistic of reported hate speech.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024