Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea FC and The Big Issue? 10:52 - Oct 23 with 1306 viewsJarvo

We've all been down Oxford street, Wind street or along the King sway and seen the homelessness in the city. As an 'end of the line' city on the GWR mainline and the only main destination in West wales, we do get quite a lot of non-locals coming to the area in search of more opportunities.
Southampton as a port city see a lot of similar problems, and the Saints have launched a match day version of the big issue.
https://www.bigissue.com/news/big-issue-southampton-fc-launch-special-edition-ma
I like to buy the magazine as often as I can, but in all honesty I never actually read it, as I'm sure many others don't. If the Swans were to look to emulate the partnership of the Saints I'm sure many more people around the city would be a lot more willing and interested in purchasing one, helping those who are trying their best to make an honest living in pretty awful situations.
Swansea FC and The Big Issue? on 12:44 - Oct 23 with 1264 viewsattila_the_hun

awesome idea

"I'm Free"

Swansea FC and The Big Issue? on 12:55 - Oct 23 with 1246 viewsAguycalledJack

Put it to the Club. See what response you get and report back. Good idea but unless you action it, the idea will come to nothing.
Swansea FC and The Big Issue? on 13:18 - Oct 23 with 1216 viewsbuilthjack

It would only take about 25 people to give a couple of quid each, and a couple of people have a bed for the night. Its not much is it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024