Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Minimum Price for Alcohol 18:18 - Oct 23 with 6893 viewsFlashberryjack

The Welsh assembly intend to introduce a minimum price on alcohol.

Opinions seem to be very divided, personally I'm against, what are your thoughts ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:27 - Oct 23 with 3443 viewsmonmouth

Copying Scotland then.

My thoughts?

I'll have to buy all my booze in Bristol.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:34 - Oct 23 with 3433 viewsbuilthjack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:27 - Oct 23 by monmouth

Copying Scotland then.

My thoughts?

I'll have to buy all my booze in Bristol.

I will pop over the border to Kington, 20 minutes away. It will be like going on a booze cruise again, just a whole lot nearer
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:41]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:38 - Oct 23 with 3421 viewsMrSwerve

It's a load of bollocks. Talk about a nanny state. The cost of living keeps going up...let people enjoy themselves how they please.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:45 - Oct 23 with 3409 viewsNeath_Jack

They should ban it outright.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:51 - Oct 23 with 3394 viewsPozuelosSideys

Classy from the WAG. Not only do they not really do anything to help these people who have this disease, they now want to push them into debt and lower their standard of living even further to raise some more tax dollars.

Alcohol unit pricing and high costs does not solve the problem. Politicians are fcking useless.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:53 - Oct 23 with 3388 viewsFlashberryjack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:45 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

Like the ban on drugs ?

Hello

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:58 - Oct 23 with 3372 viewsexiledclaseboy

Depends if there’s any evidence that minimum pricing reduces alcohol abuse. Scotland has already done it so I assume there must be. Mostly designed to stop (for example) three litres of 9% proof white cider being knocked out for £1,50 or so I’d imagine.

Poll: Tory leader

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:58 - Oct 23 with 3372 viewsMrSwerve

In all seriousness it wouldn't surprise me if in 100/200 years alcohol is totally illegal, together with cigarettes. It'll all go underground of course. The NHS (if it still exists) will probably see an improvement but it'll be a bloody boring world to live in. Thankfully I won't be here to see it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:01 - Oct 23 with 3365 viewsNeath_Jack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:53 - Oct 23 by Flashberryjack

Like the ban on drugs ?

Yes, just like drugs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:02 - Oct 23 with 3362 viewsunion_jack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 18:58 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

Depends if there’s any evidence that minimum pricing reduces alcohol abuse. Scotland has already done it so I assume there must be. Mostly designed to stop (for example) three litres of 9% proof white cider being knocked out for £1,50 or so I’d imagine.

I thought that the Scottish plan had been legally challenged. That said, it may be in force and awaiting a decision as to whether it is repealed or not.

WAG say it will save 50 alcohol related deaths a year. How on earth can they say that and similarly how can anyone at this stage dispute it.

Maybe they are working on getting duty from alcohol to be paid to the devolved government.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:07 - Oct 23 with 3347 viewsFlashberryjack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:01 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

Yes, just like drugs.

Ah! right because that's worked well.

Hello

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:08 - Oct 23 with 3347 viewsexiledclaseboy

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:02 - Oct 23 by union_jack

I thought that the Scottish plan had been legally challenged. That said, it may be in force and awaiting a decision as to whether it is repealed or not.

WAG say it will save 50 alcohol related deaths a year. How on earth can they say that and similarly how can anyone at this stage dispute it.

Maybe they are working on getting duty from alcohol to be paid to the devolved government.

You’re right, a quick wikisquizz confirms that the legislation hasn’t been implemented in Scotland pending a legal challenge by the Scotch Whisky Association. In a perfect irony, the outcome will be decided by the Court of Justice of the European Union.

There’s an impact assessment here if anyone has the time and the inclination.

http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0040/00404523.pdf

Poll: Tory leader

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:21 - Oct 23 with 3318 viewsmax936

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:32 - Oct 23 with 3300 viewsunion_jack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:21 - Oct 23 by max936

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oooooooooze

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:33 - Oct 23 with 3300 viewsNeath_Jack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:07 - Oct 23 by Flashberryjack

Ah! right because that's worked well.

Well i'd stick my neck out and say that there are considerably less users of drugs due to them being illegal than if they were legal.

Why should you be allowed to go to a pub and drink alcohol, but i can't go in and buy half a gram of coke and a ten pound bag of skunk legally?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 19:33]

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:42 - Oct 23 with 3283 viewsmax936

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:32 - Oct 23 by union_jack

Oooooooooze

Had 4 pints yesterday afternoon and I really enjoyed, far more relaxing on a Sunday than a Saturday bar busy effing noisy bathplugs pushing and shoving, gimme me a quiet Sunday afternoon and 4 to half a dozen beers and that would do me week in week out.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 20:07]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:44 - Oct 23 with 3274 viewsdickythorpe

This is penalising the sensible drinkers.
Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 3259 viewsjackportis

Still get the same amount of alchies.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:53 - Oct 23 with 3237 viewsdickythorpe

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:48 - Oct 23 by jackportis

Still get the same amount of alchies.

They'll just rob like a druggie does to get their booze hit
Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:04 - Oct 23 with 3217 viewsFlashberryjack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 19:33 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

Well i'd stick my neck out and say that there are considerably less users of drugs due to them being illegal than if they were legal.

Why should you be allowed to go to a pub and drink alcohol, but i can't go in and buy half a gram of coke and a ten pound bag of skunk legally?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 19:33]

"Why should you be allowed to go to a pub and drink alcohol, but i can't go in and buy half a gram of coke and a ten pound bag of skunk legally?"

Because some drugs are banned and alcohol isn't I'd guess, but, if skunk and coke is your preference, maybe you should start going to the pub, if you've got the dollar you'd be surprised what you can get there.

Hello

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:08 - Oct 23 with 3207 viewsNeath_Jack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:04 - Oct 23 by Flashberryjack

"Why should you be allowed to go to a pub and drink alcohol, but i can't go in and buy half a gram of coke and a ten pound bag of skunk legally?"

Because some drugs are banned and alcohol isn't I'd guess, but, if skunk and coke is your preference, maybe you should start going to the pub, if you've got the dollar you'd be surprised what you can get there.

Exactly my point, why should drugs be banned but alcohol isn't?

If alcohol was discovered today, it would most certainly be classed as an illegal drug.

Going to the pub to buy drugs is soooooo 1990's, it's dial a gram these days mun.

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:13 - Oct 23 with 3192 viewsSY1973

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:08 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

If alcohol was discovered today, it would most certainly be classed as an illegal drug.

Going to the pub to buy drugs is soooooo 1990's, it's dial a gram these days mun.

Because the alcohol genie was left out of the bottle a long time ago. That doesn’t mean the drug genie should be allowed out too.
Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:26 - Oct 23 with 3154 viewsFlashberryjack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:08 - Oct 23 by Neath_Jack

"Exactly my point, why should drugs be banned but alcohol isn't?"

That question has been asked by many, many times , and I certainly don't have the answer, and I've seen what misuse of drugs and alcohol can do.

But I do know one thing, making drugs legal and putting a few bob on a bottle/can of alcohol, or even banning it altogether isn't the answer.

Hello

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 3140 viewsJackfath

I think there are other ideas which would be better.

For example, I'd like to pay towards any medicine I may need rather than have it for free.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:37 - Oct 23 with 3132 viewsNeath_Jack

Minimum Price for Alcohol on 20:26 - Oct 23 by Flashberryjack

"Exactly my point, why should drugs be banned but alcohol isn't?"

That question has been asked by many, many times , and I certainly don't have the answer, and I've seen what misuse of drugs and alcohol can do.

But I do know one thing, making drugs legal and putting a few bob on a bottle/can of alcohol, or even banning it altogether isn't the answer.

So do nothing then?

Whatever course is taken, it will never be perfect or please everyone.

Alcohol is a c*nt of a drug that is somehow socially accepted, yet drug users are mostly looked down upon as scumbags.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024