Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gunpowder 19:15 - Oct 23 with 782 viewsLord_Bony

New BBC1 drama series available on iPlayer now.. well worth a watch highly recommended but very violent and gory.

The year is 1605, Queen Elizabeth the first has died she persecuted the Catholics as Enemy number one.her successor is the Scottish King James the first who promptly sets about persecuting the Catholics also, as we were at war with Catholic Spain.

Pissed off with this Robert catesby and Guy Fawkes set about a plan with fellow Catholics to blow up the King and the Houses of Parliament at the next sitting.

As we all know he was caught at the last minute and the plot failed.

It really drives home the way that this country has persecuted religion in all its forms in the past . Even today in Northern Ireland the war between Catholics and Protestants still continues....why?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gunpowder on 19:17 - Oct 23 with 778 viewsexiledclaseboy

Saw the first ep on BBC1 on Saturday. Not bad. I think I know how it ends though.

Poll: Tory leader

Gunpowder on 19:20 - Oct 23 with 771 viewsLord_Bony

Gunpowder on 19:17 - Oct 23 by exiledclaseboy

Saw the first ep on BBC1 on Saturday. Not bad. I think I know how it ends though.

Yeah no chance of a spoiler on this one!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Gunpowder on 19:51 - Oct 23 with 736 viewsMrSwerve

The white walkers show up to foil the plot.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024