Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People Having A go At HJ 07:44 - Oct 25 with 4016 viewsSTID2017

Firstly I'm not defending him. He is responsible for the way the club seems to be imploding before our eyes.
However, nobody forced PC to come here, nobody forced him to stay in the summer, if he didn't have the guts to stand up and say what he needed in the summer, then he reaps what he has sown.
Likewise with the players. They are professionals who get paid a small fortune (by our standards) to play a game.
If they can't at least turn in a performance that they themselves would be proud of, even if they lose, then they may as well pack it in.
I personally hope that PC's reign ends soon, that a new manager can be brought in to instil pride and belief in the players and turn our season around.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

People Having A go At HJ on 08:29 - Oct 25 with 3552 viewsWhiterockin

PC is Head Coach not manager and can only work with the tools he is given. We really should look at who is Manager and who is running the club. Things need to change from the very top. How over the last couple of seasons have so many valuable assets not in the first team, for whatever reason, is beyond belief.
People Having A go At HJ on 08:34 - Oct 25 with 3518 viewsawayjack

What decent manager would come here with HJ as Dof and Chair in complete control, and a track record of signing useless players then blaming/sacking the manager? The greedy liar also appoints mangers so PC his also his fault, end of. Until he leaves the club - which will take relegation - we will continue to decline.
People Having A go At HJ on 08:41 - Oct 25 with 3482 viewswhoflungdung

Jenkins is replicating past mistakes

We got out of jail last year because of two players now sold

Every single summer purchase is questionable

Every one

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

People Having A go At HJ on 08:48 - Oct 25 with 3454 viewsMrSwerve

People Having A go At HJ on 08:29 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

PC is Head Coach not manager and can only work with the tools he is given. We really should look at who is Manager and who is running the club. Things need to change from the very top. How over the last couple of seasons have so many valuable assets not in the first team, for whatever reason, is beyond belief.

HJ is giving PC shit tools to work with and PC is making the shit tools look even worse.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

People Having A go At HJ on 08:49 - Oct 25 with 3442 viewsLandore_Jack

Jenkins needs to go and the recruitment team needs a overhaul. Too much money wasted on under-performing, poor players.

#backtojack

People Having A go At HJ on 09:09 - Oct 25 with 3345 viewsSTID2017

I don't disagree with any of the views about HJ at all.
However, if any of us go to any job as a manager, you find out what the set up is, if it is not working then tell your superiors what you need to fix it.
If they won't help you out then if you have any pride, you'd leave and get another job.
If you don't and it all goes wrong, you have no one else to blame.

People Having A go At HJ on 09:14 - Oct 25 with 3304 viewswaynekerr55

People Having A go At HJ on 09:09 - Oct 25 by STID2017

However, if any of us go to any job as a manager, you find out what the set up is, if it is not working then tell your superiors what you need to fix it.
If they won't help you out then if you have any pride, you'd leave and get another job.

It's not as simple as that. You know yourself you have bills to pay and a family to feed. Yes, PC gets paid a kings ransom but with that comes higher bills etc. Having been in a position where you hate the job you have to play the long game.

Jenkins is culpable, end of.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

People Having A go At HJ on 09:21 - Oct 25 with 3271 viewsheadcleaner

I'm not impressed with PC in the slightest I think he's just another coach who got lucky he has worked at and with some decent clubs/people but failed to take on board what they were capable of. I don't blame him coming here and taking the head coach role I would have thought coaching in the prem is the minimum ambition for a coach. The [roblem lies at the feet of Jenkins who is a bufoon and thinks he can do no wrong on a shoestring.

We might well be punching well above our weight but whilst we've been in the prem no lessons seem to have been learnt and we lurch from one near miss to another and that isn't sustainable. If and more likely when PC gets the bullet we will just replace him with another out of work coach who wants a shot at the prem under any circumstances which seems to be the criteria the club most looks for.

Maybe relegation would be the ticket to purge the club of hangers-on and flush out the money men's hands so we can all see what we're dealing with. One thing I know for certain is we have a squad of players who are freefalling into relegation and seemingly carefree about it. Most probably think they'll be ok and just leave if we go down for another struggling prem side but snakey jenkins will cling on until every last penny has been sucked out of the club into his direction.
Login to get fewer ads

People Having A go At HJ on 09:24 - Oct 25 with 3249 viewsSTID2017

People Having A go At HJ on 09:14 - Oct 25 by waynekerr55

It's not as simple as that. You know yourself you have bills to pay and a family to feed. Yes, PC gets paid a kings ransom but with that comes higher bills etc. Having been in a position where you hate the job you have to play the long game.

Jenkins is culpable, end of.

I agree it's easier said than done.
However, it is hard to believe that PC is the same manager who came here in January and instilled self belief into the players and they got some excellent results.
Now the fear factor and lack of self belief seems endemic from the coach though to every player.
Whatever HJ is responsible for (and I know it's a lot) he cannot turn PC & co into bad coaches or the players into bad players.
Nor can he choose playing systems which clearly don't utilise our squad and win games, or even entertain and make it look as if we are trying.

People Having A go At HJ on 09:48 - Oct 25 with 3138 viewswhiterock

We have 13 games between now and the new year, can we get 10/15 points? definitely, IMO, but we need to bring in reinforcements on January 1, not January 31st, the work behind the scenes must be done now.
People Having A go At HJ on 09:56 - Oct 25 with 3102 viewsheadcleaner

People Having A go At HJ on 09:24 - Oct 25 by STID2017

I agree it's easier said than done.
However, it is hard to believe that PC is the same manager who came here in January and instilled self belief into the players and they got some excellent results.
Now the fear factor and lack of self belief seems endemic from the coach though to every player.
Whatever HJ is responsible for (and I know it's a lot) he cannot turn PC & co into bad coaches or the players into bad players.
Nor can he choose playing systems which clearly don't utilise our squad and win games, or even entertain and make it look as if we are trying.

I disagree if you are a coach who has a certain style and player you like to use and you have a Dof who is constantly around sticking his (sizable) beak in and buying you the players he wants and not what you need of course it will have an effect on your confidence/style/ ability to do the job. I have no doubt however that under instruction from someone like Anchelotti PC can do a jolly decent job but when given the role of using someone else's tools he isn't so capable.

ideally, they both should go, pronto!
People Having A go At HJ on 10:01 - Oct 25 with 3079 viewsSTID2017

People Having A go At HJ on 09:56 - Oct 25 by headcleaner

I disagree if you are a coach who has a certain style and player you like to use and you have a Dof who is constantly around sticking his (sizable) beak in and buying you the players he wants and not what you need of course it will have an effect on your confidence/style/ ability to do the job. I have no doubt however that under instruction from someone like Anchelotti PC can do a jolly decent job but when given the role of using someone else's tools he isn't so capable.

ideally, they both should go, pronto!

The problem is that whilst PC may well go soon, I fear we are stuck with HJ for a long time.
We have to either accept it and get behind the players and whoever is in charge, or start a revolution to take the club back.
Sadly, the latter is much harder than it was in the Tony Petty days, so I think it's the former for the foreseeable future.

People Having A go At HJ on 10:03 - Oct 25 with 3070 viewsWarwickHunt

People Having A go At HJ on 09:48 - Oct 25 by whiterock

We have 13 games between now and the new year, can we get 10/15 points? definitely, IMO, but we need to bring in reinforcements on January 1, not January 31st, the work behind the scenes must be done now.

Jenkins is really good at that...
People Having A go At HJ on 10:05 - Oct 25 with 3055 viewsheadcleaner

People Having A go At HJ on 10:01 - Oct 25 by STID2017

The problem is that whilst PC may well go soon, I fear we are stuck with HJ for a long time.
We have to either accept it and get behind the players and whoever is in charge, or start a revolution to take the club back.
Sadly, the latter is much harder than it was in the Tony Petty days, so I think it's the former for the foreseeable future.

I agree there sadly I think it will take relegation to sort out the bigger problems at the centre of the club and whilst we don't really want that at all I'd happily accept it right now. The football for a while has been very poor and not in any way good to watch were right in the middle of the clubs biggest decision point for almost 20 years. no lessons seem to be learnt off the pitch which is causing huge problems on it. We now go to face the gunners with no left back at the club who is fit!! imagine that?
People Having A go At HJ on 10:08 - Oct 25 with 3035 viewsDewi1jack

Well ,
The Merrycans were supposedly to blame for the hiring of Bradley.

Beaky was responsible for hiring Clement.
Beaky was responsible for re- hiring Monk then sacking him
Beaky was responsible for re-hiring Guidolin then sacking him.
Beaky was responsible for hiring KO'fugginL. Then sacking him.
Who had a hand in hiring sleepy Beattie? Guess Beaky there
Who allowed good team players to be pushed out? Oh that's right, Beaky.
Seems Beaky is responsible for the transfer policy.
Or lack of it.
He certainly hired the scouting network.

Although our super communicative Trust had something to do with hiring Clement, as both they and Beaky went and saw the Yanks, according to them.
Don't know what they think now as they're back to being their super communicative selves (apart from Ux and Matt, although they're unduly quiet compared to before the vote.)

Seems the Merrycans have made some hiring mistakes ;
Beaky, Dimwit, Bradley and apparently Pearlmann has hired quite a few staff for his department and not making much more than he's costing the club

Beaky has made more;
Firing Tutu and Loudstrop, allowing Monk to strip the squad of decent players working as a team, hiring all the managers and backroom staff listed above, selling the club without doing proper due dilligence,
Thinking N'Gog's the answer. For that decision alone the cooont needs sectioning.

Best thing IMHO that could happen is the Yanks "wake up and smell the coffee" or in this case, wake up and smell the stench that is ruining the club and sack Beaky first.
Hire someone like Ancelotti as DoF or even someone like fat Sam to help hunt for a new manager- Clement looks like a lobster gazing at the stew pot.
Jenkins is marginally better that the Yanks- they admitted to knowing nothing about Sahkkerrr. Maybe a breeze block would be better than Jenkins though.

Either way Capt Beaky is costing our club over half a million quid (plus bonuses) for his supposed knowledge.
Really?
No-one who even tries to defend Beaky, or worse doesn't care at all and thinks the tw@ is the all mighty saviour can ever whinge about players "stealing a wage" again.

I had no problem with our club being sold and some of the people who helped save the club making money, provided they'd gone about it properly as "fans who really love the club." Little bit of proper due diligence wouldn't have gone amiss
Plenty of other similar sized clubs went for more money.
And yes, I do believe what I was told about certain members of the Trust really being kept in the dark by the sellout vermin

I'm angry the c**t and the rest of the sellout scum are still here.
Let alone still making money off the club, with their sh1te hiring/ firing and transfer policy, sh1te coffee, travel clubs etc etc

Sorry for the novel and rant

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

People Having A go At HJ on 10:30 - Oct 25 with 2940 viewsRevJames

Put yourself in PC's position. What would you do? Accept the job then resign because you couldn't have what you wanted or disagreed with someone else's decisions?

Everybody knows that the whole club needs an overhaul with key people made accountable for their decisions. Until that happens, the Club will continue it's spiral of decline.

Sacking PC will only perpetuate the revolving door of managers rather than deal with the key issue of continually recruiting poorly and wasting millions of pounds.

All good businesses evaluate and review their performance against their strategy so until that happens, we may as well get used to this until we are finally relegated.

Quite frankly this topic is becoming as tedious as our football
People Having A go At HJ on 10:32 - Oct 25 with 2926 viewswhoflungdung

It's not

Tedium is what we re seeing right now every game

We ve bought incredibly badly but I'm not sure they cannot play better and show some fire but for that we need change

BUT I agree ,choice is key

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

People Having A go At HJ on 11:00 - Oct 25 with 2818 viewsicecoldjack

And if there us t a y other job out there what do you do ?

You still have to keep the pool heated right?

There are only 20 jobs available in the premier league.

What if as a manager your given a difficult task but one you think you can manage but arnt 100% sure until you try, do you walk away then ?
How do you self improve if you don't test yourself ? How good a manager are you ? Should you quit because maybe it may go wrong ?
Would you then perhaps gain a reputation as a quitter and therefore make it harder to gain a new job ?

So many different scenarios , we don't know any details though .
People Having A go At HJ on 12:57 - Oct 25 with 2522 viewsswanforthemoney

HJ and PC share the blame for coming into the season with this squad. The imbalances are now well known. PC should have been more assertive in his requirements.
Trouble is, even with a more balanced squad and more attacking options, I dont think Clement has the wherewithall to create a team that can score goals. ATM, we dont have the patterns of play that are going to result in goals.
In the past we knew a Siggy free kick or corner might do the trick, Further back it was putting the ball into Wilf around the box for him to lay it off or turn and shoot. Even further back it was runs from midfield by Michu or JDG, or cut backs to the self same players. Another threat used to be the intricate interplay between Rangel and Dyer before a ball in to the box or a cut back.
We dont have a single pattern of play at the moment that gives me expectation that a chance or goal is about to be created.
Attacking coach needed ?
I know the debacle that was James Beattie immediately springs to mind. Forget that, there must be a coach out there who can introduce some attacking plays to get more goals. I dont mean hatfulls of goals a Clement team is never going to manage that, just a few more goals and we will be fine. The current problem is that teams can sit back against us, knowing we will not score and that at some point in the game they will get goals on the break.

I stand in the North Stand

People Having A go At HJ on 15:46 - Oct 25 with 2290 viewswhiterock

People Having A go At HJ on 12:57 - Oct 25 by swanforthemoney

HJ and PC share the blame for coming into the season with this squad. The imbalances are now well known. PC should have been more assertive in his requirements.
Trouble is, even with a more balanced squad and more attacking options, I dont think Clement has the wherewithall to create a team that can score goals. ATM, we dont have the patterns of play that are going to result in goals.
In the past we knew a Siggy free kick or corner might do the trick, Further back it was putting the ball into Wilf around the box for him to lay it off or turn and shoot. Even further back it was runs from midfield by Michu or JDG, or cut backs to the self same players. Another threat used to be the intricate interplay between Rangel and Dyer before a ball in to the box or a cut back.
We dont have a single pattern of play at the moment that gives me expectation that a chance or goal is about to be created.
Attacking coach needed ?
I know the debacle that was James Beattie immediately springs to mind. Forget that, there must be a coach out there who can introduce some attacking plays to get more goals. I dont mean hatfulls of goals a Clement team is never going to manage that, just a few more goals and we will be fine. The current problem is that teams can sit back against us, knowing we will not score and that at some point in the game they will get goals on the break.

We have a decent midfield except the most important ingredient, a play maker, I don't think we can rely on a 20 year old striker all season, although we don't know how good he can be as we are not giving him the service. Bony has to share the workload.
My positive side says we'll get 12 or more points from now until January, get reinforcements in and we live to fight another day in the Premier League.
You mention Clement and wherewithal, the guy got us 29 points last season from a worse position, neither Sigurdsson or Llorente were doing much business at that time, it was the Liverpool game that was the catalyst for our season.
People Having A go At HJ on 12:34 - Oct 26 with 1931 viewsswanforthemoney

People Having A go At HJ on 15:46 - Oct 25 by whiterock

We have a decent midfield except the most important ingredient, a play maker, I don't think we can rely on a 20 year old striker all season, although we don't know how good he can be as we are not giving him the service. Bony has to share the workload.
My positive side says we'll get 12 or more points from now until January, get reinforcements in and we live to fight another day in the Premier League.
You mention Clement and wherewithal, the guy got us 29 points last season from a worse position, neither Sigurdsson or Llorente were doing much business at that time, it was the Liverpool game that was the catalyst for our season.

I hope you are right, but I genuinely think Clement is losing any spark to catalyse another resurgence. One of my worries is that we are losing to poor teams at home at the moment. We still have a lot of games against the big boys to come.
To answer the last paragraph, ultimately wasnt it Siggy/ Llorentes goals, and Siggy assists that got us 21 points from the wins against Liverpool, Southampton, Burnley Stoke Everton, sunderland, West Brom ?

I stand in the North Stand

People Having A go At HJ on 13:01 - Oct 26 with 1877 viewsLoyal

People Having A go At HJ on 08:29 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

'The tools he is given'
That's a fcking fact 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

People Having A go At HJ on 14:44 - Oct 26 with 1775 viewsDewi1jack

People Having A go At HJ on 13:01 - Oct 26 by Loyal

'The tools he is given'
That's a fcking fact 😂

It's the tool he has to work with in the boardroom is the major worry.
Blunt and broken

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

People Having A go At HJ on 00:16 - Oct 27 with 1632 viewsmajorraglan

How many of us would call our bosses out in public? It may be that PC has expr seed his concerns privately to HJ and what he wanted/needed, but the latter couldn't or wouldn't deliver, we don't know. If PC resigned and walked, I would have thought that he would be in breach of contract in the same way the club would be if they sacked him. I am not an expert on the law, but PC may then be liable for paying the club compensation as clubs invariably pay compensation to managers who've been sacked. Could be mucho dinero!
People Having A go At HJ on 06:53 - Oct 27 with 1569 viewsSTID2017

People Having A go At HJ on 00:16 - Oct 27 by majorraglan

How many of us would call our bosses out in public? It may be that PC has expr seed his concerns privately to HJ and what he wanted/needed, but the latter couldn't or wouldn't deliver, we don't know. If PC resigned and walked, I would have thought that he would be in breach of contract in the same way the club would be if they sacked him. I am not an expert on the law, but PC may then be liable for paying the club compensation as clubs invariably pay compensation to managers who've been sacked. Could be mucho dinero!

I would have thought that unless they did the "Mutual Consent" thing, if PC was made promises which failed to materialise he'd could counter sue for breach of contract, due to failing to deliver what they promised.
I think that's why so many go down the mutual route as there are so many grey areas, not like a normal Contract of Employment that we'd sign for a run of the mill employer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024