Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night 11:52 - Oct 25 with 5843 viewsjackharris

As I stated just after the draw was made Man Utd fans should have been allocated the whole of the North stand for last night’s match (Approximately 3,400-3,700 seats, 15%).

The normal 2,100 seats in middle of the North could have been allocated to their hardcore fans in their ballots. The North West (750) and North East (750) Corners could have then been sold to any United fans be it their normal fans, ‘local’ fans or plastic fans or even Neutrals? Therefore, keeping most of the Man U contingent contained to one side of the ground. With the need for perhaps minimal segregation with the West Corner and a larger matted segregation area with the East.

Zero tolerance could have then operated in the other 3 stands, as what I have perceived to be the usual stance on any away fans that do not sit on their hands in the home end.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 12:22 - Oct 25 with 5745 viewsMrSwerve

To be honest as long as a bit of common sense is applied by the club, I don't mind too much with some away fans being mixed in with the home fans. If the away fans aren't daft and come in wearing away colours or singing for the away team then who cares - tickets were sold that were probably going to end up empty.

Like I said, apply common sense. It was pretty much a nothing game for both teams. It wasn't any kind of rival and it wasn't a team such as Millwall renowned for causing trouble.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 12:35 - Oct 25 with 5684 viewsAguycalledJack

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 12:22 - Oct 25 by MrSwerve

To be honest as long as a bit of common sense is applied by the club, I don't mind too much with some away fans being mixed in with the home fans. If the away fans aren't daft and come in wearing away colours or singing for the away team then who cares - tickets were sold that were probably going to end up empty.

Like I said, apply common sense. It was pretty much a nothing game for both teams. It wasn't any kind of rival and it wasn't a team such as Millwall renowned for causing trouble.

Id say man utd fans (in certain circles) are well known for causing trouble.
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 17:40 - Oct 25 with 5380 viewsoldcob

I was speaking to an ex squaddy a couple of weeks ago who spent quite a bit of time in Afghanistan, living and sleeping on many occasions with locals, not knowing who was Taliban and who wasn't. His mate was killed by an IED. Now we don't want to share a stand with another football supporter who happens to support another team. FFs mun boys, perspective issit??
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 19:26 - Oct 25 with 5261 viewsgiantstoneater

The club will wait until there's an incident then it will be too late, there's a reason why there are home and away ends in football to minimise the chance of such things happening. People keep using rugby as an example of how both sets of fans can sit together but unfortunately football is not like that so stewards should do their jobs and eject opposing fans from the areas they clearly shouldn't be and not ignore the complaints of home supporters and make out that they are in the wrong by bring the issue to the fore. I lost all trust in the stewards last night they just can't be trusted for me that's sad.
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 19:39 - Oct 25 with 5218 viewsQuincy999

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 17:40 - Oct 25 by oldcob

I was speaking to an ex squaddy a couple of weeks ago who spent quite a bit of time in Afghanistan, living and sleeping on many occasions with locals, not knowing who was Taliban and who wasn't. His mate was killed by an IED. Now we don't want to share a stand with another football supporter who happens to support another team. FFs mun boys, perspective issit??

I thought a night in Neath was bad, imagine waking up with a bad head to find one of the Taliban in the sack next to you.
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 22:48 - Oct 25 with 5005 viewsspiderboy

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 19:26 - Oct 25 by giantstoneater

The club will wait until there's an incident then it will be too late, there's a reason why there are home and away ends in football to minimise the chance of such things happening. People keep using rugby as an example of how both sets of fans can sit together but unfortunately football is not like that so stewards should do their jobs and eject opposing fans from the areas they clearly shouldn't be and not ignore the complaints of home supporters and make out that they are in the wrong by bring the issue to the fore. I lost all trust in the stewards last night they just can't be trusted for me that's sad.

Yes,its just as well the supporters were just as comatised as the Swansea players last night.A pyjama party would have livened up proceedings!
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 23:04 - Oct 25 with 4967 viewsLoyal

I didn't see any united fans all night except in the away end.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 23:29 - Oct 25 with 4933 viewsGaryjack

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 19:26 - Oct 25 by giantstoneater

But nothing did happen. Why? because at the end of the day people have moved on from taking actions that they may have done 20 or 30 years ago! No one likes to see away fans in our end, but as i've said previously in other threads, if Swansea fans don't buy the tickets then tough shit! Plastic cvnts they may be, but at least they turned up. I'm sure there were many more who didn't but sat in the pubs and clubs, or even their own homes around Swansea and the rest of South Wales cheering on 'their' team! They are the ones who should be despised. Had a chance to see their heroes but didn't bother turning up. Those that did, thanks for the cash.
Login to get fewer ads

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 08:44 - Oct 26 with 4736 viewswhoflungdung

Gary

That s why United aren't " their" team.

They are a commodity ,a brand and d1ckheads are drawn to them .

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 09:37 - Oct 26 with 4689 viewsDarran

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 08:44 - Oct 26 by whoflungdung

Gary

That s why United aren't " their" team.

They are a commodity ,a brand and d1ckheads are drawn to them .

They’ve always been scum too. lol

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/night-manchester-unite

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 10:17 - Oct 26 with 4646 viewsSTID2017

My thoughts on segregation:
Why is football the only sport bar none (please correct me if I'm wrong) where opposition supporters need to be separated to avoid trouble ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 18:24 - Oct 26 with 4482 viewsgiantstoneater

Unfortunately there are still idiots watching the game example being the idiot who took a swing at a player whilst holding a small child, all it takes is for Idiot A to meet Idiot B and you have an incident. I am not saying that the United fans were there to cause trouble but the potential is there and that is a problem for the club. Instead of being greedy why couldn't they hand out tickets to local kids and try and get the next generations of SWANS fans involved.
My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 18:50 - Oct 26 with 4456 viewsjackharris

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 10:17 - Oct 26 by STID2017

My thoughts on segregation:
Why is football the only sport bar none (please correct me if I'm wrong) where opposition supporters need to be separated to avoid trouble ?

Rugby League do it in the North of England these days too. With one designated away stand. But not as strongly ruled as football.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 19:42 - Oct 26 with 4402 viewsSTID2017

My Thoughts on the Segregation last Night on 18:50 - Oct 26 by jackharris

Rugby League do it in the North of England these days too. With one designated away stand. But not as strongly ruled as football.

I can understand designated stands for away supporters, allowing them to be together, sing, etc.
However I guess that once sold out, the home supporters don't object to the away supporters sitting in their area if there are tickets spare.
Shame the minority who follow football still make that an unsafe option in football stadiums.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024