Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now Leighton James speaks out... 09:29 - Oct 26 with 4566 viewsDewi1jack

I know what some people think about him and yes I know he's stating what we all know, but maybe, just maybe he has a point here

"It may be that Clement needs help. Do the Board ask him to name his best XI and tell him to stick with it for three or four games? No chopping and changing.

At least there would be a consistency and pattern of play. Even if the Swans lose, or it doesn't quite work out, I'd still love to see Clement stick with what he thinks is the best team he has at his disposal for more than one game.

At the moment he's making changes every single week, and he's even changing things from half to half at times. That clearly is not working."

Personally speaking, whenever I've spoken to him he's always seemed ok.
Definitely biased towards us and does want to see us and our club operate at our best as we all do, not matter what league we're in.

But then again, would Clement pick 4 or 5 defenders, a couple of goalies to back them up and have every one sitting in our penalty area?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:07 - Oct 26 with 4458 viewsmonmouth

He doesn't pick teams to play a pattern for us, he picks teams to try and stop the opposition, home and away. His lack of confidence in us having any possibility of worryng the opposition by imposing ourselves is quite breathtaking.

He is the template for defend for your lives and nick a set piece goal. Home and away. Against every other team. Arsenal on Saturday feels like Newcastle away in the cup in 1993 now. He has brought us to a stage where we feel like a third division team away to a good premier league team. Day out, no hope, expect a 3-0 and try not to be humiliated.

It stinks. His attitude is shit, whatever the weaknesses in the team.

To think that I used to laugh at cardiff for their shit overpriced players (Cornelius seems a snip now at only 9m compared to the cack we have blown money on), shit owners, shit football, shit manager, and shit crowd. Not much to laugh about now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:07 - Oct 26 with 4457 viewsWingstandwood

"But then again, would Clement pick 4 or 5 defenders, a couple of goalies to back them up and have every one sitting in our penalty area?"

Is there a suggestion there?.... that our very on lowlife two-bob scum-bag filth impostor? Jenkins O.B.E slash D.O.F is not only pouring tens of millions of Pounds down the drain but is picking the team and directing tactics/formation also. If so its a f#cking obcenity and utter travesty!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 10:08]

Argus!

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:20 - Oct 26 with 4405 viewswhiterock

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:07 - Oct 26 by monmouth

He doesn't pick teams to play a pattern for us, he picks teams to try and stop the opposition, home and away. His lack of confidence in us having any possibility of worryng the opposition by imposing ourselves is quite breathtaking.

He is the template for defend for your lives and nick a set piece goal. Home and away. Against every other team. Arsenal on Saturday feels like Newcastle away in the cup in 1993 now. He has brought us to a stage where we feel like a third division team away to a good premier league team. Day out, no hope, expect a 3-0 and try not to be humiliated.

To think that I used to laugh at cardiff for their shit overpriced players (Cornelius seems a snip now at only 9m compared to the cack we have blown money on), shit owners, shit football, shit manager, and shit crowd. Not much to laugh about now.

We are still at the top table, can we get 10/15 points over the next 13 games (yes), can we get the players that are needed on the 1st of January (yes), will we survive (yes).

Its not pretty but being a supporter of 50 years, 40 of which have been in the lower leagues, I'll take it.
Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:33 - Oct 26 with 4372 viewsSTID2017

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:20 - Oct 26 by whiterock

We are still at the top table, can we get 10/15 points over the next 13 games (yes), can we get the players that are needed on the 1st of January (yes), will we survive (yes).

Its not pretty but being a supporter of 50 years, 40 of which have been in the lower leagues, I'll take it.

The way PC and the team is right now my mind is frazzled.
I'm reading Monny's post and thinking "you're right" then reading yours and thinking "You're right"
TBH we have to survive until January and then get the players in to get us over the line.
I've had enough of lower league football, and despite howgreat some seem to remember it, most of it was rubbish football in front of half-empty stadiums.
At least we have full stadiums, and whilst we are poor at the moment, we have been spoilt.
We are poor now, but most of what we saw over the previous 40 was just dire with flashes of good stuff

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:35 - Oct 26 with 4362 viewsmonmouth

Well I'm frustrated because I think a change in attitude and team mindset would improve us immensely.

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:49 - Oct 26 with 4313 viewsOldjack

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:35 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Well I'm frustrated because I think a change in attitude and team mindset would improve us immensely.

Spot on ,but he knows we can't go toe to toe with the gooners we just sadly haven't got the quality to compete with them .Everton tried and got mullerd ,His biggest mistake is shutting up shop with the lesser teams home and away ,now that really does my swede in

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 4289 viewsDarran

People have becone very defeatist.
We got a point at Spurs and Spurs are much better than Arsenal.

I'm not saying we will mind I'm just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:55 - Oct 26 with 4287 viewsJackFish

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:49 - Oct 26 by Oldjack

Spot on ,but he knows we can't go toe to toe with the gooners we just sadly haven't got the quality to compete with them .Everton tried and got mullerd ,His biggest mistake is shutting up shop with the lesser teams home and away ,now that really does my swede in

Exactly. Nobody minds if we go to Spurs, Arsenal, even Southampton, and grind out a boring 0-0. Clement is good at doing that. Failure to beat the teams around us at home is the problem, and we're mostly not even looking like scoring.

Having said that, we've won three and drawn one of our six PL visits to Arsenal.
Login to get fewer ads

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:01 - Oct 26 with 4263 viewsmonmouth

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:49 - Oct 26 by Oldjack

Christ yes I'm not suggesting we go toe to toe on Saturday. We would be annihilated. We were cautious and rode our luck on every occasion that we have done well there, but we have to believe we CAN win games and play football when we have the ball and I don't think he instills that at all.

I do feel a bit defeatist to be honest. I would be astonished if Saturday ends 0-0.

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:11 - Oct 26 with 4210 viewsKinsey

Will we get the players required in January?..... highly unlikely
Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:14 - Oct 26 with 4192 viewsWingstandwood

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:01 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Christ yes I'm not suggesting we go toe to toe on Saturday. We would be annihilated. We were cautious and rode our luck on every occasion that we have done well there, but we have to believe we CAN win games and play football when we have the ball and I don't think he instills that at all.

I do feel a bit defeatist to be honest. I would be astonished if Saturday ends 0-0.

You have every right to feel defeatist, just read Leighton James SWEP article.

Quote: "It's sad for me as a Swansea fan because the likelihood based on current form, is that we could be overtaken by Cardiff City very soon with the way we're playing."

I wish LJ had done a critique on our transfer dealings its effect/end-product result as things currently stand? There again maybe? Perhaps damning-impactive-journalism is best served and even more sensational/good copy when fed drip-fed style in installments?

Argus!

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:23 - Oct 26 with 4156 viewsunion_jack

You are of course absolutely right.

We can do all of those things.

Will we however? I'm doubtful on all counts I'm sorry to say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:30 - Oct 26 with 4131 viewswestwalesed

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:01 - Oct 26 by monmouth

This with spades on, OF COURSE we should be going Away and trying to nick points here and there. But at home we should be looking to go at anybody and try and take three points.

On the defeatist attitude, it's hard not to be. It's like we have all given up but then that's a consequence of banging our heads against a brick wall for the last 3-ish seasons. We all have seen it coming and its so depressing.

When Utd scored in the first half on Tuesday do you think there was anyone at all who thought we could get back into it?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:53 - Oct 26 with 4071 viewsYossarian

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:30 - Oct 26 by westwalesed

This with spades on, OF COURSE we should be going Away and trying to nick points here and there. But at home we should be looking to go at anybody and try and take three points.

On the defeatist attitude, it's hard not to be. It's like we have all given up but then that's a consequence of banging our heads against a brick wall for the last 3-ish seasons. We all have seen it coming and its so depressing.

When Utd scored in the first half on Tuesday do you think there was anyone at all who thought we could get back into it?

Spot on. We are so bad at the moment that on times we could play till Tuesday and not look like scoring. If we go one down, does ANYBODY think we are going to get back on terms, let alone win the game!
Seriously, I applaud optimism, but let’s be realistic, did ANYONE else want Bony? We got him precisely because no one else wanted him! He’s hardly played any meaningful football for two years and we paid £12million for him when the idiot in chief didn’t want to pay £13 million for a guy who made the team of the Euros and drove down here to sign for us?
Absolutely stark raving bonkers.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:57 - Oct 26 with 4065 viewsswancity

And that ladies and gentlemen sums up the present Swansea City

Sad but true our Club is being shafted from every angle and its filtered down onto the pitch AS IT ALWAYS DOES.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 12:22 - Oct 26 with 4004 viewsWingstandwood

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 11:57 - Oct 26 by swancity

And that ladies and gentlemen sums up the present Swansea City

Sad but true our Club is being shafted from every angle and its filtered down onto the pitch AS IT ALWAYS DOES.

Yep! Bang on! Apart from adding even more opportunists to the pay-roll has club the improved since the Yanks came in ?

Well it has for the vultures picking away i.e. the Yank 'money-ball' (what a window hey!) transfer analyst…..Landon Donavan,…..Jase…..Steve…..the Yank commercial dept head…..Jenkins…..Morgans/Van Zwedens obscene travel club….etc…etc….etc…etc. Can they sneak Dineen back onto the board when nobody is looking?

I’m hearing/reading many supporters have had enough of being betrayed, treated like a mug, treated like sh’t, being baited online etc courtesy of the above aforementioned filth!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 12:26]

Argus!

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 12:27 - Oct 26 with 3976 viewsDarran

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 12:22 - Oct 26 by Wingstandwood

Yep! Bang on! Apart from adding even more opportunists to the pay-roll has club the improved since the Yanks came in ?

Well it has for the vultures picking away i.e. the Yank 'money-ball' (what a window hey!) transfer analyst…..Landon Donavan,…..Jase…..Steve…..the Yank commercial dept head…..Jenkins…..Morgans/Van Zwedens obscene travel club….etc…etc….etc…etc. Can they sneak Dineen back onto the board when nobody is looking?

I’m hearing/reading many supporters have had enough of being betrayed, treated like a mug, treated like sh’t, being baited online etc courtesy of the above aforementioned filth!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 12:26]

Lovely to see JVZ telling a long time fan he needs to get a life on Twitter this morning too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 12:51 - Oct 26 with 3829 viewsWingstandwood

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 12:27 - Oct 26 by Darran

Lovely to see JVZ telling a long time fan he needs to get a life on Twitter this morning too.

And no doubt that supporter just like yourself had/has paid tens of thousands of own non returnable, never to be seen again money to support the club over the years! JVZ only bought shares to put aside to be sold at a latter date. The sheer arrogance of the low life scum!

You did a post around Xmas last year where you said you had to more or less force yourself to attend an Xmas period game. It really stuck in my mind! Because?.... I thought (I used to see you and Amy go past Wing/Centre Stand area during the 3rd/4th days) if he's had his fill of all the sh#t? The club will be in serious trouble one day i.e. supporters like you are the ones the club can least afford to be without if they turn their backs on SCFC forever. In fact I know one entire family that has......More will follow!

Argus!

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 14:40 - Oct 26 with 3605 viewsymaohyd

Spot on

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 14:53 - Oct 26 with 3583 viewsDewi1jack

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:07 - Oct 26 by Wingstandwood

"But then again, would Clement pick 4 or 5 defenders, a couple of goalies to back them up and have every one sitting in our penalty area?"

Is there a suggestion there?.... that our very on lowlife two-bob scum-bag filth impostor? Jenkins O.B.E slash D.O.F is not only pouring tens of millions of Pounds down the drain but is picking the team and directing tactics/formation also. If so its a f#cking obcenity and utter travesty!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2017 10:08]

"Is there a suggestion there?.... that our very on lowlife two-bob scum-bag filth impostor? Jenkins O.B.E slash D.O.F is not only pouring tens of millions of Pounds down the drain but is picking the team and directing tactics/formation also."

Fair play.
Even I hadn't thought of that.
Or believe it's even a remote possibility.

But,
If it was true, I honestly believe that it wouldn't come as a shock to me. It would certainly explain our "style"

And I'm sure I saw the club advertising "The Swansea Way" recently.
Beaky ensured by giving a managerial novice carte blanche to tear up a successful team and replace with individual, some of whom were inferior, players that the old Swansea way of Martinez, Sousa ( teaching us defending,) Ohytstandin' Brenda and Loudstrop was long gone

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 00:48 - Oct 27 with 3048 viewsRevJames

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:53 - Oct 26 by Darran

Defeatist = Realist
N/A. on 22:05 - Oct 27 with 2719 viewsHuw57

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 10:53 - Oct 26 by Darran

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 4:38]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Now Leighton James speaks out... on 06:19 - Oct 28 with 2593 viewsdameedna

I think PC skims it looking for pearls of wisdom.
PC is a very good coach. Needs at least a season and needs the backing of the Board. The club probably has the best opportunity it ever has but as PC said it is an ultra competitive league. Long way to go and time to stick together. Backs to the wall and results to fight for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024