Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad 07:24 - Oct 29 with 3636 viewsSTID2017

We all realise what should have happened in the summer, and with variations on who we could have bought or sold, the end result is this is our squad until January, at least.
We need to get behind the players on the field.
We are only a quarter of the way in, the defense generally looks a lot tighter,, we now need to address our goalscoring issue.
I was depressed after the Leicester game, but much bouyed by yesterday's performance.
The next three games are crucial.
Come on you Swans !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:41 - Oct 29 with 3607 viewsAguycalledJack

Agreed.
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:47 - Oct 29 with 3590 viewsChief

Its that kind of attitude from the OP that'll see Jenkins and the sell outs get off Scott free. And if you were at Arsenal yesterday you'd know that the fans are right behind the team.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:48 - Oct 29 with 3587 viewsJokeren1943

The problem is not that Swansea is playing very good against the big teams.

The problem is Swansea play crap against the smaller teams.

The reason why Swansea is so good against the big teams, is that it is all about defending deep. And we knew after 2 weeks with Clement that he was extremely good at that.

The reason why Swansea is crap against smaller teams is that Swansea has to dominate the games offensively - and Clement has no clue how to make an offense work.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 7:55]
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:56 - Oct 29 with 3564 viewsSTID2017

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:47 - Oct 29 by Chief

Its that kind of attitude from the OP that'll see Jenkins and the sell outs get off Scott free. And if you were at Arsenal yesterday you'd know that the fans are right behind the team.

I wasn't there yesterday but watched the whole game, and it came across loud and clear that the Jack Army gave brilliant support as always.
We need to bring that level of support back to the Liberty and get behind the team as one.
I know a few thousand get behind the team, mostly in the East / North corner but we need everyone to get behind them.

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:00 - Oct 29 with 3553 viewsSTID2017

It's nothing to do with letting HJ & co off scott free.
What happens off the pitch has to be seperated from what is happening on the pitch, otherwise we will continue to lose games we need to win and get relegated.
I for one don't want that.
Protest before and after games by all means, but for 90 minutes we need to be united.

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:06 - Oct 29 with 3539 viewsSTID2017

Protest against HJ before and after the games.
For 90 minutes though we need to unite behind the team.
Otherwise we'll get releegated, and trips to Arsenal and the like will be the stuff of dreams again.

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:14 - Oct 29 with 3510 viewsjack247

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:48 - Oct 29 by Jokeren1943

The reason why Swansea is so good against the big teams, is that it is all about defending deep. And we knew after 2 weeks with Clement that he was extremely good at that.

The reason why Swansea is crap against smaller teams is that Swansea has to dominate the games offensively - and Clement has no clue how to make an offense work.

I don’t get why people can’t see that. Clement is excellent at setting us up to be hard to break down. He is too negative and sets us up too pedestrian in the more winnable games.

How we played at Arsenal will have very little bearing on how we play at home to Brighton.
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:35 - Oct 29 with 3478 viewsChief

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:56 - Oct 29 by STID2017

I wasn't there yesterday but watched the whole game, and it came across loud and clear that the Jack Army gave brilliant support as always.
We need to bring that level of support back to the Liberty and get behind the team as one.
I know a few thousand get behind the team, mostly in the East / North corner but we need everyone to get behind them.

Well that would be nice but unfortunately I think youre dreaming there. Its always been the north east making the noise and I don't see that changing.

Login to get fewer ads

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:43 - Oct 29 with 3454 viewsChief

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:06 - Oct 29 by STID2017

Protest against HJ before and after the games.
For 90 minutes though we need to unite behind the team.
Otherwise we'll get releegated, and trips to Arsenal and the like will be the stuff of dreams again.

The fact is, if we get relegated it won't be because a section of the liberty crowd began giving the board a hard time during games. It'll be because of greed & terrible recruitment.

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:57 - Oct 29 with 3427 viewsSTID2017

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:43 - Oct 29 by Chief

The fact is, if we get relegated it won't be because a section of the liberty crowd began giving the board a hard time during games. It'll be because of greed & terrible recruitment.

We all know that.
However what comfort will that knowledge be ?
Whetter we are relegated through greed, bad tactics, poor squad, crap beer, whatever, what comfort is it going to be when we are back traipsing the lower leagues, planning evening away trips to Burton or whoever for a wet December evening and playing zt the Liberty in front of less than 10k fans ?
I was lucky enough to see us rise from the ashes to the top of the old first division, lucky enough to see us do it again 30 years later and don't think I'll be around in 30 years for the next tiime.
I for one want us to stay in the PL as long as possible.
A section of the crowd having a go at the board won't get us relegated, but it will help to kill any positive atmosphere that may help to drive us on to a much needed win.

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:05 - Oct 29 with 3393 viewsmagicdaps10

Agreed that the squad is what we have, too accept and be quiet about the situation is just pushing it under the rug.......letting the culprits get away with it.

The organisation along with the scouting and recruitment are shocking, you cant just ignore or accept it.

In any other line of work, heads would roll. Look at it this way, would you be happy to get sacked for other peoples inability to do their job? This is what happened with Guidolin.......yes, the pay off was nice for him I am sure but still doesnt take away from the fact, he was let down by others.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:06 - Oct 29 with 3392 viewscostalotta

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:14 - Oct 29 by jack247

I don’t get why people can’t see that. Clement is excellent at setting us up to be hard to break down. He is too negative and sets us up too pedestrian in the more winnable games.

How we played at Arsenal will have very little bearing on how we play at home to Brighton.

Indeed this is so true and last season we got away with it as we had goals in the siggy lorrente combo.
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:18 - Oct 29 with 3370 viewsawayjack

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:35 - Oct 29 by Chief

Well that would be nice but unfortunately I think youre dreaming there. Its always been the north east making the noise and I don't see that changing.

Agree getting the West to make any noise is dreaming, and that NE is core of singing support. Sadly the singers in NE corner has shrunk, as most of East Stand and even parts of South used to join in, even in Championship.
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:25 - Oct 29 with 3357 viewsSTID2017

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:05 - Oct 29 by magicdaps10

Agreed that the squad is what we have, too accept and be quiet about the situation is just pushing it under the rug.......letting the culprits get away with it.

The organisation along with the scouting and recruitment are shocking, you cant just ignore or accept it.

In any other line of work, heads would roll. Look at it this way, would you be happy to get sacked for other peoples inability to do their job? This is what happened with Guidolin.......yes, the pay off was nice for him I am sure but still doesnt take away from the fact, he was let down by others.

I am not saying that anyone should allow the off field issues to be brushed away.
However what I am advocating is to get behind yhe team during the game.
Of course it's not fair for the workers to suffer for their bosses mistakes.
Likewise, as long as the players are doing their best, they deserve our full support.
Why should they not get that, because those who run the club and used to run the club are culpable ?

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:50 - Oct 29 with 3319 viewsjack247

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:25 - Oct 29 by STID2017

I am not saying that anyone should allow the off field issues to be brushed away.
However what I am advocating is to get behind yhe team during the game.
Of course it's not fair for the workers to suffer for their bosses mistakes.
Likewise, as long as the players are doing their best, they deserve our full support.
Why should they not get that, because those who run the club and used to run the club are culpable ?

The majority of people at games go there to be entertained and don’t really care what’s going on off the field. I wouldn’t say this site is an accurate representation of the match day crowd, there is a much higher proportion on here that have been through the divisions with the Swans and see the club as part of the community.

Regardless of Jenkins, the Americans or whatever, the crowd will respond to successful or aesthetic football, ideally both as we managed to achieve for the best part of 10 years.

It’s probably fair to say we have been spoilt up until recently (and we’re still in the PL like). Some of the crowd have become a bit entitled and don’t really support the players until they are given something to cheer about.
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 10:28 - Oct 29 with 3275 viewsdobjack2

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 09:50 - Oct 29 by jack247

The majority of people at games go there to be entertained and don’t really care what’s going on off the field. I wouldn’t say this site is an accurate representation of the match day crowd, there is a much higher proportion on here that have been through the divisions with the Swans and see the club as part of the community.

Regardless of Jenkins, the Americans or whatever, the crowd will respond to successful or aesthetic football, ideally both as we managed to achieve for the best part of 10 years.

It’s probably fair to say we have been spoilt up until recently (and we’re still in the PL like). Some of the crowd have become a bit entitled and don’t really support the players until they are given something to cheer about.

I think that is a realistic position, the silent majority don’t post on sites like this.

There are people who will go down regardless of the way we play, the results or the league that we are in.

There are many others who are starting to question going down for a number of reasons: for some the off field shenanigans has spoilt their enjoyment, for others thy are simply not finding it an entertaining experience and are wondering whether their time and money would be better spent doing something else. The quality of our football has been deteriorating for a while.

These people are not fanatics with tunnel vision they have thoughts of their own and lives of their own.

Poor quality football especially if accompanied by relegation will see them staying away until the quality/results improve. People will analyse why the football is so poor and will bang on about the poor quality of the squad and the poor recruitment and how we are repeating mistakes year after year.Each to their own and we should respect that.

As to getting behind the side when we are not doing well - realistically the noise will have to start in the north east section of the East stand. That area needs to act as a cheerleader for the ground and to keep going even if we are playing sh!t.
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 11:16 - Oct 29 with 3224 viewsShaky

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 07:48 - Oct 29 by Jokeren1943

Bingo.

"The reason why Swansea is so good against the big teams, is that it is all about defending deep. And we knew after 2 weeks with Clement that he was extremely good at that. "

in my view that's not the only reason, however.

Jenkins has built a brand at Swansea that supposedly uncovers hidden gems that have failed to fulfill their potential elsewhere in the league.

Whether that is an effetive strategy in practice is debatable but undoubtedly a lot of players feel they have something to prove.

As such Swwansea teams always seem to me to be motivated and turn in performances against the top teams; the same has been true for years which tends to undercut an explanation based purely on Clement's defensive coaching.

However, as you rightly say he problems arise against the lesser teams where they need to win points.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 11:23 - Oct 29 with 3205 viewsDewi1jack

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 08:00 - Oct 29 by STID2017

It's nothing to do with letting HJ & co off scott free.
What happens off the pitch has to be seperated from what is happening on the pitch, otherwise we will continue to lose games we need to win and get relegated.
I for one don't want that.
Protest before and after games by all means, but for 90 minutes we need to be united.

Can get behind the team for 90 mins and Still be chanting for the greedy b'stards to get out of our club.
Although even with rose tinted specs on, I don't remember us ever singing for 90 mins at home. Even down the Old girl.

Maybe chanting against the b'stards could spark a 90 min sing song.
Along with all the other songs we sing.
Maybe the SE/ South/ West/ NW can all join in as well.
Make a nice change for them rather than sitting there scoffing their Mowbray Pork pie vol au vents and quaffing Pimms all game

Although Jackfath and a few others have been excused from singing "run from the russians".

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 13:22 - Oct 29 with 3136 viewsJokeren1943

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 11:16 - Oct 29 by Shaky

Bingo.

"The reason why Swansea is so good against the big teams, is that it is all about defending deep. And we knew after 2 weeks with Clement that he was extremely good at that. "

Jenkins has built a brand at Swansea that supposedly uncovers hidden gems that have failed to fulfill their potential elsewhere in the league.

Whether that is an effetive strategy in practice is debatable but undoubtedly a lot of players feel they have something to prove.

As such Swwansea teams always seem to me to be motivated and turn in performances against the top teams; the same has been true for years which tends to undercut an explanation based purely on Clement's defensive coaching.

However, as you rightly say he problems arise against the lesser teams where they need to win points.

I think Swanseas board in spring, when it looked like we were staring down in the abyss said, what is Swansea main problem - The defense sucked immensely. So the nr. 1 priority if we wanna stay up is to rebuild a defense. So the brought in an extremely defense manager which had a strategy with said: defense deep in all matchs (against big and small teams) and use Gylfi ability in set pieces and Llorentes world class header skills. And we used it all spring to big success. And the Swansea supporters were totally okay with it, because the only objective was to stay up.

Now in the beginning of the new season with no Bradley, a lot of potential points to get, and a club tradition of playing attractive offense football, the fans thought they could change the elephant (Clement) into a leopard. But Clement is no leopard (even though) he sometimes says he is.

But still Clement hoped that he could continue the extremely strong concept (buying midfielders but no offense wings) of getting lot of set pieces and score some goals. But Carrol it not up for Gylfis job, and Bony is either injured and is out of shape. So we end of with a rookie striker which is crap at heading (but has other abilities and will be a very good Premier League in 3-4 years).

I actually do not think Swansea players has more motivation then players in other clubs. For me it is primarily about good coaching. :-)
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 13:41]
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 22:07 - Oct 29 with 3018 viewsZZoric

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 11:16 - Oct 29 by Shaky

Bingo.

so when "they" (wtf) need to win against lesser teams - what's ur plan for us ?

so many have so many excuses

so few have so few solutions

a sad indictment of so many of the swans clueless
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 22:16 - Oct 29 with 2995 viewsnantywatcher

A weird coincidence that the loudest and best support for the team this season was against Huddersfield? The game we actually won!!!!
We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 11:24 - Oct 30 with 2891 viewsJokeren1943

We Need to Stop Banging On About The Squad on 22:07 - Oct 29 by ZZoric

so when "they" (wtf) need to win against lesser teams - what's ur plan for us ?

so many have so many excuses

so few have so few solutions

a sad indictment of so many of the swans clueless

Could start by organizing a good offense. Constantly challenging the opponent's defense by:

Using wingers to run behind the opponents backs.
Constantly challenging the offside trap.
Midfielders and striker who constantly change position to challenge the opposition defense.
Quality long shots.
More aggressive midfielders playing though midfield and defense.
Long balls behind central backs to stretch the oppositions defense.
Bring 3-4 people into the box to pressure the defense.
Offensive players changing sides.
High pressure.
Change pace during a game.
And 100 other ways to stress the opposition.
And most of all, work like a unit.

Right now Swansea is a headless chicken when it comes to offense. If Clement do not know how to do it, get an assistant coach who knows how.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 11:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024