Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morriston Hospital Today 16:29 - Oct 31 with 2821 viewsunion_jack

Just starting to leave the car park opposite the new main entrance, passing all parked cars on my left and there was a car coming the other way (contrary to the arrows on the road).

Now she thought I was going to get a parking spot further along so she stepped on it and swung into the parking spot before I could. Unfortunately, she took it a little fast for her abilities and crashed into the side of the car next to her, a gleaming Mercedes AMG CLK I think. Oh dear! Of course, she needn't have tried to beat me to it!! I did alert her to her error, you know just in case she hadn't realised!! Hopefully she had the decency to leave a note.

Also, whilst I'm on the subject of the hospital, what a much better experience going there is now. Everything computerised and waiting times next to nothing. We call the NHS everything but that's not my recent experiences I have to say.

Couple of things though; firstly, hospital much too big for the car parking requirements and secondly what part of 'This Is A No Smoking Hospital Inside And Out' do smokers fail to grasp??

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Morriston Hospital Today on 16:32 - Oct 31 with 2288 viewsDarran

We are there most weeks and the way they park in that car park is incredible.

I also said about the smoking in the Bed Blocking thread last week. It baffles me,I've got absolutely nothing against people smoking but don't take up a bed and sit outside smoking FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Morriston Hospital Today on 16:43 - Oct 31 with 2279 viewsunion_jack

Morriston Hospital Today on 16:32 - Oct 31 by Darran

I also said about the smoking in the Bed Blocking thread last week. It baffles me,I've got absolutely nothing against people smoking but don't take up a bed and sit outside smoking FFS.

Tell me about it. When we arrived there were 2 security guards with a family who couldn't get his van out of his parking slot because cars were parked down the middle of the dragway. They'd gone by the time I got back so they must have found the culprit. Must have been an awkward moment for someone!!

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:04 - Oct 31 with 2240 viewsicecoldjack

First point about the Hospitial, they were absolutely first class with my dad after his stroke , all the front line staff there are superb, i was very impressed .

I often saw people smoking outside and rather than being baffled I felt really sorry for them, i'm sure smoking played a part in some of these peoples reason for being there, it's hard to judge though, many people on many different journeys and smoking has taken such a hold they can't stop even when dying from it .
Morriston Hospital Today on 17:07 - Oct 31 with 2228 viewswhoflungdung

Now if I was a point s print fecker I d make a thread on this myself

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:31 - Oct 31 with 2169 viewsexiledclaseboy

We spent five hours in A&E last week but we were only actually sitting round waiting for an hour or so of that. We saw a triage nurse within half an hour of getting there, had XRays, blood tests, saw a junior doctor who wanted us to see a surgeon cos the wife only had surgery (again) about a month ago, the junior surgeon called his boss and she then called her boss (big cheese apparently, very unusual to see him in A&E, they almost parted the Red Sea when he arrived) and then she was treated, sorted and sent home. No complaints here. The parking is chaos mind.

Edit - and I did nip out for a couple of smokes while we were waiting. Sorry. I did move far away from any entrances though.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 17:33]

Poll: Tory leader

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:45 - Oct 31 with 2133 viewsHighjack

They treated my gran like absolute shit there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:47 - Oct 31 with 2117 viewsDarran

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:31 - Oct 31 by exiledclaseboy

We spent five hours in A&E last week but we were only actually sitting round waiting for an hour or so of that. We saw a triage nurse within half an hour of getting there, had XRays, blood tests, saw a junior doctor who wanted us to see a surgeon cos the wife only had surgery (again) about a month ago, the junior surgeon called his boss and she then called her boss (big cheese apparently, very unusual to see him in A&E, they almost parted the Red Sea when he arrived) and then she was treated, sorted and sent home. No complaints here. The parking is chaos mind.

Edit - and I did nip out for a couple of smokes while we were waiting. Sorry. I did move far away from any entrances though.

"and I did nip out for a couple of smokes while we were waiting. Sorry. I did move far away from any entrances though"

It's more the inpatients wired up to drips and pumps outside smoking for me.

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:48 - Oct 31 with 2117 viewswhoflungdung

We are all just stats.

It sucks

Login to get fewer ads

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:55 - Oct 31 with 2101 viewsunion_jack

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:31 - Oct 31 by exiledclaseboy

And I was going to give you an up arrow until the last sentence. Bet you're sorry you did it now.

Seriously though, glad your wife is receiving such first class treatment and hope she's showing positive signs.

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:57 - Oct 31 with 2096 viewswhoflungdung

Same here

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:10 - Oct 31 with 2054 viewsJackfath

What a small world. I was at this hospital today too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:12 - Oct 31 with 2050 viewsunion_jack

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:10 - Oct 31 by Jackfath

What a small world. I was at this hospital today too.

Small world. Big hospital though. Seems different every time I go there.

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:20 - Oct 31 with 2021 viewsdickythorpe

What if some of those smokers outside are "on their last legs"? Surely you can't deprive them of their only remaining pleasure?

Anyway it's always been hard parking there but I will say my Nanna was treated very well there when at the age of 92 she had a hip replacement, she held on until 97 the tough nut!
Morriston Hospital Today on 18:26 - Oct 31 with 1997 viewsDarran

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:20 - Oct 31 by dickythorpe

What if some of those smokers outside are "on their last legs"? Surely you can't deprive them of their only remaining pleasure?

Anyway it's always been hard parking there but I will say my Nanna was treated very well there when at the age of 92 she had a hip replacement, she held on until 97 the tough nut!

I don't want to deprive them of their only remaining pleasure Dick,if you're able to go outside to smoke sign yourself out and go home and smoke.

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:37 - Oct 31 with 1969 viewsdickythorpe

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:26 - Oct 31 by Darran

I don't want to deprive them of their only remaining pleasure Dick,if you're able to go outside to smoke sign yourself out and go home and smoke.

Some might be terminal Dar and have no one. I could tell you a sad story of a good friend, an ex- Marine that is in this predicament right now
Morriston Hospital Today on 18:42 - Oct 31 with 1947 viewsDarran

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:37 - Oct 31 by dickythorpe

Some might be terminal Dar and have no one. I could tell you a sad story of a good friend, an ex- Marine that is in this predicament right now

Well that's a completely different story no former member of the British armed forces should have no one.

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:45 - Oct 31 with 1943 viewsBrynCartwright

My Mum was in there for 3 weeks until last Wednesday with a broken hip and everyone there were absolutely fantastic. Ward J (Osteopathy) staff could not do enough. Nye Bevan would be proud. Always parked in the carparks at the bottom of the hill apart from the multi stories at weekends.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:45 - Oct 31 with 1943 viewsexiledclaseboy

Morriston Hospital Today on 17:57 - Oct 31 by whoflungdung

Same here

Thank you both We’re getting there hopefully. Treatment hasn’t been first class all the way through. There have been blips but it’s a long, long story. I’m thinking of writing it all down one day.

Poll: Tory leader

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:59 - Oct 31 with 1912 viewswhoflungdung

Good idea

Morriston Hospital Today on 19:00 - Oct 31 with 1904 viewsHighjack

Morriston Hospital Today on 18:26 - Oct 31 by Darran

You'd think in this day and age they'd have drips for smokers that pumps nicotine directly into the patients artery so they don't have to go outside.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Morriston Hospital Today on 22:29 - Oct 31 with 1667 viewsbonymine

Been there 4 times in the past 3 weeks with my old man I just drive down to the open air car park past Ty Olwen saves all the pissing about in the main car park and just 3/4 minutes walk from the hospital drop him off outside main entrance on the way down 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Morriston Hospital Today on 22:40 - Oct 31 with 1639 viewscontroversial_jack

Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 is practically impossible to park, even for the staff.
Morriston Hospital Today on 22:53 - Oct 31 with 1621 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Singleton isn’t much better. Since free hospital parking was introduced it’s got immeasurably worse.

Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Morriston Hospital Today on 03:15 - Nov 1 with 1516 viewsLeonWasGod

Last time I was up there I had to wait for a geological epoch. A&E's a horrible place.
Morriston Hospital Today on 03:34 - Nov 1 with 1512 viewsLoyal

Last time I was in there a guy who was recovering from lung cancer was smoking 40 a day.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024