Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bus fares 11:00 - Nov 1 with 4787 viewsjack_lord

How on earth are people being encouraged on to public transport when a single from Swansea to Trebanos is 4.90. Nearly a tenner for the two of us. We can fly to Barcelona for that.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Bus fares on 11:04 - Nov 1 with 3085 viewsWhiterockin

Not many actually pay who use buses.
Bus fares on 11:12 - Nov 1 with 3069 viewsjack247

Not from Swansea or Trebanos you can’t.

I do agree a fiver is a bit much for a reasonably short bus ride though
Bus fares on 12:36 - Nov 1 with 3007 viewswhoflungdung

Jason

Couldn't agree more.

We spend a lot of time in The Hague. Unlimited transport by tram or bus for one hour for 3 .40 euros

Berlin ,recently was stupid cheap too

We need to get people on to public transport but our network isn't intergrated

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Bus fares on 13:05 - Nov 1 with 2978 viewsAguycalledJack

They have standard fares.

Same thing happened to us. 2 singles from mubles to the quadrant nearly a tenner.

From memory you can get an all - day rover ticket for just short of £5 and you can go anywhere with that.

Trains are the same. Return Carmarthen to Swansea £9.80, Carmarthen to Swansea single £9.20.

Go figure.
Bus fares on 13:33 - Nov 1 with 2938 viewspikeypaul

£4.30 for an all day ticket or £1.50 for a ticket anywhere after 7pm.

The problem is the drivers do not tell the passengers that cheaper tickets are available and just
give out the most expensive.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 13:33]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Bus fares on 13:58 - Nov 1 with 2903 viewsexhmrc1

you've been overcharged. You should have been given the Swansea Bay all day ticket as it is . This for available for travel up as far as Pontardawe, over to Neath and PortTalbot and into Swansea including to Three Crosses and Pontarddulais. If you were with your wife you would need 2 Swansea Bay's. If with your daughter she would be entitled to a child all day. If you were travelling with your son he would need to register first then be entitled to a 16-18 ticket.

https://www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales/tickets/ticket-types

bus drivers normally advise you of this if your fare is cheaper than a single. Next time you travel by bus feel free to pm for advice.
The cheapest option is drive to the liberty park and ride go on the bus from there. really cheap. 2.50 for 4 of you
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 15:19]
Bus fares on 16:00 - Nov 1 with 2829 viewsmajorraglan

Public transport in the UK is very expensive and there is little incentive for people to use it. Train fares are shocking, especially when you factor in family travel. In the last 12 months I have used public transpott in Spain and the Czech Republic, it knocked spots off what we have at home. Caught a train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola, it was something like 2.5 euros, try getting to Heathrow on a train! We are being ripped off.
Bus fares on 16:21 - Nov 1 with 2810 viewsalltjack

Bus from the Dyffryn Arms Bryncoch to top of my road in Rhos £4.80 (£2.40 each)
Taxi from Dyffryn to my front door £ 3.50
Login to get fewer ads

Bus fares on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 2763 viewsJack_Meoff

Bus fares on 16:00 - Nov 1 by majorraglan

Public transport in the UK is very expensive and there is little incentive for people to use it. Train fares are shocking, especially when you factor in family travel. In the last 12 months I have used public transpott in Spain and the Czech Republic, it knocked spots off what we have at home. Caught a train from Malaga airport to Fuengirola, it was something like 2.5 euros, try getting to Heathrow on a train! We are being ripped off.

More joys of privatization. Get the public to pay for the infrastructure then flog it off on the cheap so private hands benefit, and the public pays through the nose for something they've already funded. Double whammy.

I've said it on here before but worth repeating - the German, Dutch, French and Italian states benefit from our rail networks because of the bloody criminal spivs in Westminster selling them off.

Yet still we argue amongst ourselves. No wonder they take the p*ss.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 17:34]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bus fares on 17:44 - Nov 1 with 2751 viewsClydachjack

Funny enough I'm in correspondence with the assembly member for gower about this. i catch the bus from the mond in Clydach to the liberty every home game, they introduced a match day ticket around 18 months ago so it was £2 single, £3 return, only on match days and only to the liberty and back.

Last home game asked for the ticket and was told they have withdrawn it for anyone living in the Swansea valley. You can only buy it from city centre. So now it costs £3.60 single from the mond to liberty, my mate was charged £5 single from liberty to Trebanos, same price as an all day ticket.
Bus fares on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 2729 viewsjack_lord

Bus fares on 13:58 - Nov 1 by exhmrc1

you've been overcharged. You should have been given the Swansea Bay all day ticket as it is . This for available for travel up as far as Pontardawe, over to Neath and PortTalbot and into Swansea including to Three Crosses and Pontarddulais. If you were with your wife you would need 2 Swansea Bay's. If with your daughter she would be entitled to a child all day. If you were travelling with your son he would need to register first then be entitled to a 16-18 ticket.

https://www.firstgroup.com/south-west-wales/tickets/ticket-types

bus drivers normally advise you of this if your fare is cheaper than a single. Next time you travel by bus feel free to pm for advice.
The cheapest option is drive to the liberty park and ride go on the bus from there. really cheap. 2.50 for 4 of you
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 15:19]

Thanks for that link HMRC.

£1.50 from Swansea to Trebanos is a much more palatable deal.

They have also changed the "boundary" of the Swansea bay ticket. I have noticed that there are late buses. that travel up to Morriston hospital.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Bus fares on 18:28 - Nov 1 with 2695 viewstaffpunk

Bus fares on 11:04 - Nov 1 by Whiterockin

Not many actually pay who use buses.

On the very rare occasion that I have to catch the bus in the Rhondda, the driver normally gives me a strange look, and a bit of a tut tut, as he actually has to take money off me, and give me change. I usually catch the train, and I hardly ever pay, got it down to a fine art tbf.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Bus fares on 18:41 - Nov 1 with 2676 viewsBanosswan

Bus fares on 18:01 - Nov 1 by jack_lord

Thanks for that link HMRC.

£1.50 from Swansea to Trebanos is a much more palatable deal.

They have also changed the "boundary" of the Swansea bay ticket. I have noticed that there are late buses. that travel up to Morriston hospital.

We charge the buses to enter our wonderful village.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Bus fares on 18:46 - Nov 1 with 2669 viewscontroversial_jack

Most travellers don't want an all day ticket they just want to make a single or a return journey.
Bus fares on 19:13 - Nov 1 with 2635 viewsFieryJack

Bus fares on 17:32 - Nov 1 by Jack_Meoff

More joys of privatization. Get the public to pay for the infrastructure then flog it off on the cheap so private hands benefit, and the public pays through the nose for something they've already funded. Double whammy.

I've said it on here before but worth repeating - the German, Dutch, French and Italian states benefit from our rail networks because of the bloody criminal spivs in Westminster selling them off.

Yet still we argue amongst ourselves. No wonder they take the p*ss.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 17:34]

Spot on.

Just bought a single ticket from Faro to Lisbon (a distance of about 175 miles) on a fast train - one of those that tilts over on the bends - for 20 quid. Guess Portuguese railways are owned by the state as well as the countries you mention.

Anyone casually making the odd journey by bus in this country is going to get stung.

But, as others have mentioned on here, if you buy a weekly or monthly pass you can make some good savings. I spend 22.60 on a weekly bus pass and it covers the whole of West Yorkshire. A bargain, really. The more you use it, the more you save.

Will be using it to get to Huddersfield later in the season.
Bus fares on 19:36 - Nov 1 with 2618 viewslonglostjack

It would be a start if they ran a decent bus service from the train station to the Liberty on match days. No extra buses to cope with the demand. Just the normal timetable. Why?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bus fares on 19:48 - Nov 1 with 2603 viewsGaryjack

Bus fares on 18:46 - Nov 1 by controversial_jack

Most travellers don't want an all day ticket they just want to make a single or a return journey.

Fair play, nothing gets past you does it eh? Sharp as a fvckin razor ain't ya!
Bus fares on 19:53 - Nov 1 with 2597 viewsexhmrc1

Bus fares on 18:46 - Nov 1 by controversial_jack

problem is that in some cases they are cheaper than singles or returns so they are best bought in those circumstances.
Bus fares on 21:05 - Nov 1 with 2550 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bus fares on 12:36 - Nov 1 by whoflungdung

Jason

Couldn't agree more.

We spend a lot of time in The Hague. Unlimited transport by tram or bus for one hour for 3 .40 euros

Berlin ,recently was stupid cheap too

We need to get people on to public transport but our network isn't intergrated

I remember a time in Liverpewl when you could get the bus from Prescott, through Old Swan and Knotty ash and straight into the city centre for 40p. Good old Derek Hatton. A man of the people he was.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bus fares on 21:21 - Nov 1 with 2526 viewsJack_Meoff

Bus fares on 19:13 - Nov 1 by FieryJack

Spot on.

Just bought a single ticket from Faro to Lisbon (a distance of about 175 miles) on a fast train - one of those that tilts over on the bends - for 20 quid. Guess Portuguese railways are owned by the state as well as the countries you mention.

Anyone casually making the odd journey by bus in this country is going to get stung.

But, as others have mentioned on here, if you buy a weekly or monthly pass you can make some good savings. I spend 22.60 on a weekly bus pass and it covers the whole of West Yorkshire. A bargain, really. The more you use it, the more you save.

Will be using it to get to Huddersfield later in the season.

Yep. Portuguese rail is the state owned Comboios de Portugal.

Don't get me wrong, the British government is all for state owned UK assets. Just not the UK state.

£20 mind. Incredible.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bus fares on 21:23 - Nov 1 with 2521 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bus fares on 21:21 - Nov 1 by Jack_Meoff

Don't get me wrong, the British government is all for state owned UK assets. Just not the UK state.

£20 mind. Incredible.

The French railways are incredible too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bus fares on 21:31 - Nov 1 with 2504 viewslonglostjack

Bus fares on 21:21 - Nov 1 by Jack_Meoff

£20 mind. Incredible.

Bang on. Arriva has been a cash cow for the Deutsche Bahn. Not for much longer though I reckon.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Bus fares on 22:47 - Nov 1 with 2440 viewscontroversial_jack

Bus fares on 19:48 - Nov 1 by Garyjack

Fair play, nothing gets past you does it eh? Sharp as a fvckin razor ain't ya!

Wtf is wrong with you? Get some professional help before it's too late.
Bus fares on 22:51 - Nov 1 with 2435 viewswhoflungdung

And one who killed Loverpool.

When he was found out the city got regenerated and it's still going on.

PM me ,I knew him well

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Bus fares on 00:08 - Nov 2 with 2406 viewsLeonWasGod

That's the efficient private sector for you. Buses in and around Swansea are ridiculously expensive. It's always better to drive if there's 2 or more travelling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024