Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guardian hits nail on head 20:39 - Nov 3 with 9149 viewsPacemaker

Good article by Stuart James.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/03/swansea-city-transfer-window-re

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Guardian hits nail on head on 20:58 - Nov 3 with 6380 viewspencoedjack

Excellent article

Some posters will disagree though
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:07 - Nov 3 with 6349 viewsNOTRAC

Excellent article.At last the press is beginning to wake up to the real problems.q

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:16 - Nov 3 with 6314 viewsishootpeople

Great article!
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:18 - Nov 3 with 6297 viewsshandyjack

superb article, articulates my whole feeling on this situation.

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:26 - Nov 3 with 6250 viewsDr_Winston

Second negative article about the running of the football side of the business in less than a week.

Interesting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:32 - Nov 3 with 6222 views34dfgdf54

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:26 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

Second negative article about the running of the football side of the business in less than a week.

Interesting.

Plus the club bringing out this “structured opinion/dialogue” sh*t.

Yanks are in the process of forcing our Huw out if you ask me.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2017 21:32]
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:33 - Nov 3 with 6216 viewswestside

The new Swansea way is to sell the best players for fortunes then spend the money on cr8p.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:34 - Nov 3 with 6214 viewsDr_Winston

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:32 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Certainly seems like a level of unease with the way some things are being done is beginning to form.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:36 - Nov 3 with 6203 viewsGowerjack

Let's remove the cancer at the heart of our club.

The architect of our inevitable relegation.

That c unt Jenkins.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:42 - Nov 3 with 6172 viewslifelong

A very good article basically saying what most of us realise, unless we get some quality in January we’re fecked.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:48 - Nov 3 with 6139 viewsNeath_Jack

Maybe the Trust will stick their collective noggins above the parapet now as well, if they think they'll curry flavour with the yanks by doing it...

Don't be so f*cking daft, of course they won't.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:50 - Nov 3 with 6121 viewswestwalesed

Superb article!!!!!! Probably been doing his research on here for a month or so 😉

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:50 - Nov 3 with 6118 viewspencoedjack

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:33 - Nov 3 by westside

The new Swansea way is to sell the best players for fortunes then spend the money on cr8p.

Well we are fuked next summer ... we got very little to sell
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:52 - Nov 3 with 6110 views34dfgdf54

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:48 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

Maybe the Trust will stick their collective noggins above the parapet now as well, if they think they'll curry flavour with the yanks by doing it...

Don't be so f*cking daft, of course they won't.

Not a better time to do it, especially with the protest scheduled for tomorrow.

I have never been one to publicly bash the trust, but I honestly don’t see what they are trying to achieve at the moment. Zero communication, they don’t even know themselves how they want to approach things going forward.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:57 - Nov 3 with 6092 viewsishootpeople

The first "structured dialogue" bollocks was held in March, it is a bit strange all these articles popping up all of a sudden though....
The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:59 - Nov 3 with 6083 viewsishootpeople

The Guardian hits nail on head on 21:52 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

Not a better time to do it, especially with the protest scheduled for tomorrow.

I have never been one to publicly bash the trust, but I honestly don’t see what they are trying to achieve at the moment. Zero communication, they don’t even know themselves how they want to approach things going forward.

They're setting up "sub-groups" and have been trying to buy a new mobile phone for the last 2 months mun!
The Guardian hits nail on head on 22:34 - Nov 3 with 5992 viewsYossarian

Couple of points:
1. Seems like the Yanks PR machine is setting the media up for Jenkins moving aside with the thanks of the owners and the rest of the Board or
2. They’re prepping everyone for a purge of the recruitment dept, scouting network and the various performance analysts who clearly don’t know shit from dirty clay
I reckon number 2 seems to be more likely.
As a member of the Trust, I must say I have lost faith. The silence is deafening, and when you contact individual members at the top you get assurances that requests are being dealt with, to find out they haven’t and the. They ‘go missing’ and are very difficult to pin down.
I know of one bloke who won ‘Director for a Day’ at one of the Trust Fan Forums and has been trying to arrange this for months. He’s waited 3 months for an answer to his latest query. Unacceptable and arrogant, blitheringly incompetent- or both?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Guardian hits nail on head on 22:58 - Nov 3 with 5923 viewsjacksfullaces

aye, the media is being fed something by someone within the club - and it seems a different line than we've seen previously.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 23:01 - Nov 3 with 5915 viewsNeathJack

I wouldn't put this article in the same category as the Wathan one.

Stuart James is the rare breed in that he is a fan and a national journo. Just look at his twitter feed this season and you'll see some pretty strong views on the shambles that is the club.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 23:46 - Nov 3 with 5818 viewsLeonWasGod

"Everyone at Swansea could, and should, have seen the creativity problem coming when they looked at the make-up of the squad. .... Swansea’s 22 outfield players registered only 40 assists between them in the previous two seasons. In short, what you see is what you get — Swansea’s eight broadly similar central midfielders created as many goals (13) in 332 appearances over two years as Sigurdsson managed on his own last season."

Forget it's Siggy for a moment as it could have been anyone. But this is absolutely spot on and most of us did see it. We haven't got goals in this side. The likes of Ayew and Dyer and Carroll, etc., etc., won't tick that box. They never have. Madness to again let key players go at the end of the window without suitable replacement.

It all comes down to whether we can get Wilf firing again (noting that last time him and Siggy had a great partnership that's now gone).

Lessons have obviously not been learnt.

Huw out, Yanks out!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 0:11]
The Guardian hits nail on head on 00:06 - Nov 4 with 5779 viewsTheResurrection

The Guardian hits nail on head on 23:46 - Nov 3 by LeonWasGod

"Everyone at Swansea could, and should, have seen the creativity problem coming when they looked at the make-up of the squad. .... Swansea’s 22 outfield players registered only 40 assists between them in the previous two seasons. In short, what you see is what you get — Swansea’s eight broadly similar central midfielders created as many goals (13) in 332 appearances over two years as Sigurdsson managed on his own last season."

Forget it's Siggy for a moment as it could have been anyone. But this is absolutely spot on and most of us did see it. We haven't got goals in this side. The likes of Ayew and Dyer and Carroll, etc., etc., won't tick that box. They never have. Madness to again let key players go at the end of the window without suitable replacement.

It all comes down to whether we can get Wilf firing again (noting that last time him and Siggy had a great partnership that's now gone).

Lessons have obviously not been learnt.

Huw out, Yanks out!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 0:11]

I think Siggy assisted just 1 (ONE) of Bony's goals.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Guardian hits nail on head on 01:16 - Nov 4 with 5703 viewsLeonWasGod

The Guardian hits nail on head on 23:01 - Nov 3 by NeathJack

I wouldn't put this article in the same category as the Wathan one.

Stuart James is the rare breed in that he is a fan and a national journo. Just look at his twitter feed this season and you'll see some pretty strong views on the shambles that is the club.

Not surprised to hear that as there's certainly some very specific insight. Only a disgruntled supporter would write this in a broadsheet piece - "Who thought that Kyle Naughton was good enough to continue at right-back? ".

It's bang on the button for where we are now.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 08:44 - Nov 4 with 5491 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A very well written piece which explains it the way that the majority on here fell about it.
Well done Mr James.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 08:47 - Nov 4 with 5483 viewsWarwickHunt

The Guardian hits nail on head on 01:16 - Nov 4 by LeonWasGod

Not surprised to hear that as there's certainly some very specific insight. Only a disgruntled supporter would write this in a broadsheet piece - "Who thought that Kyle Naughton was good enough to continue at right-back? ".

It's bang on the button for where we are now.

""Who thought that Kyle Naughton was good enough to continue at right-back?"

Kyle Naughton's mum and Huw Jenkins.
The Guardian hits nail on head on 11:30 - Nov 4 with 5300 viewshydraulicjack

Top read... that.. spot on

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024