Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report 10:15 - Nov 4 with 9772 viewsBrynCartwright

We are all doomed with this idiot in charge at the White House.

This is the single greatest thing I have against the orange buffoon.

His disregard for overwhelming scientific evidence and withdrawal from the Paris accord makes him laughable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41868878

Discuss

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:00 - Nov 7 with 1547 viewsA_Fans_Dad

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 15:56 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

You haven't presented data. You presented a quote and then said that it said what it did not. The spin on the quote is not data.

On the Edenhofer quote, he's correct that climate policy redistributes the world's wealth. But what the Trump spin would have you believe (and right wing blogs) and you and Davillin obviously take this simplistic view as well, that he is somehow talking about actively passing money from one county to another. That is a complete misinterpretation of what is being said. The point that he is making, is that countries that are 'wealthy' at present are those that sit on, or control, the world's fossil fuel supplies. So the US, as an example. Saudi as another example. I referred to it in an earlier post on this thread.

Climate change policy would by its very nature, reduce the value of those fossil fuel stores, and this reduces the relative economic strength of the countries that either sit on those stores, or haven acquired control of them (as I also said, the US's military focus has almost exclusively concentrated on that over the years). The flip side, is that Africa (as an example), which has vast rivers, limitless sunlight etc etc, would become far more valuable in terms of natural resources if the world's power needs could be generated from those sources.

Hence, a 'de facto' redistribution of wealth between nations.

The reason that the world's development process is changing (which as I said does not mean they are attempting to destroy capitalism), is that at no point since the Industrial Revolution, has an increase in GDP not been accompanied by an associated increase in polluting the atmosphere. Wealth has become intertwined with use of fossil fuels (a fundamental reason why Britain was able to obtain its empire was us sitting on vast reserves of coal and being able to extract it). They are now deliberately attempting to divorce those two things. So, as an example, trying to persuade. China that it too, can become wealthy, without destroying the world.

You speak on this subject with such knowledge and conviction and it sounds so good and at the same time wrong in so many ways.
THe data for the first question was "the quote", you are attacking the interpretation. The quote is as I said.
1. "at no point since the Industrial Revolution, has an increase in GDP not been accompanied by an associated increase in polluting the atmosphere."
Answer the atmospheres in the Developed countries have never been cleaner. It i the Developing Countries like China & India that are Polluted due to them not using the Clean Technology that we do. CO2 is not Polllution it is Plant food.
2. the flip side, is that Africa (as an example), which has vast rivers, limitless sunlight etc etc
Answer Afica do not want "river powerd or Solar powered Energy they want the same cheap Reliable energy that powered every Industrialised nation in the world, ie Coal, Gas & Nuclear and resent the CC Act from stopping them from having it. Why would they want to lumber their development with unreliable, Intermittent Expensive Energy?
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/lamu-island-coal-plant-kenya-africa-
3. So, as an example, trying to persuade. China that it too, can become wealthy, without destroying the world.
Answer and failing miserably I can see that you haven't read a single INDC from the Paris Accord.
4, " that he is somehow talking about actively passing money from one county to another. That is a complete misinterpretation of what is being said. "
Answer That is precisley what part of the Paris Accord is for, if you can't understand what the Climate Fund is that is your problem.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:03 - Nov 7 with 1540 viewsLeonWasGod

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 18:40 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

Is a Fans Dad getting his info from that idiot Delingpole? I mean surely not.

Must admit i'd not heard of him. I steer clear of those sorts of publications and try to avoid getting dragged into CC arguements, but ocassionally get sucked in on here.

We're pretty much meat free these days too and have cut down massively on dairy; feel better for it and losing a bit of weight too. Cheese would be my weakness.

Richroll.com podcast has lots of interesting guests talking about healthier eating / living. Worth a look for anyone interested. http://www.richroll.com/category/podcast/
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:10 - Nov 7 with 1532 viewsA_Fans_Dad

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 18:14 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Are you sure about that claim?

https://www.snopes.com/400-papers-published-in-2017-prove-that-global-warming-is

Yes, but I am not even going to bother anymore, I give you information and all you do is ignore it, or rubbish it or call other people "stupid" like Mr Delingpole.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:17 - Nov 7 with 1528 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:00 - Nov 7 by A_Fans_Dad

You speak on this subject with such knowledge and conviction and it sounds so good and at the same time wrong in so many ways.
THe data for the first question was "the quote", you are attacking the interpretation. The quote is as I said.
1. "at no point since the Industrial Revolution, has an increase in GDP not been accompanied by an associated increase in polluting the atmosphere."
Answer the atmospheres in the Developed countries have never been cleaner. It i the Developing Countries like China & India that are Polluted due to them not using the Clean Technology that we do. CO2 is not Polllution it is Plant food.
2. the flip side, is that Africa (as an example), which has vast rivers, limitless sunlight etc etc
Answer Afica do not want "river powerd or Solar powered Energy they want the same cheap Reliable energy that powered every Industrialised nation in the world, ie Coal, Gas & Nuclear and resent the CC Act from stopping them from having it. Why would they want to lumber their development with unreliable, Intermittent Expensive Energy?
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/05/lamu-island-coal-plant-kenya-africa-
3. So, as an example, trying to persuade. China that it too, can become wealthy, without destroying the world.
Answer and failing miserably I can see that you haven't read a single INDC from the Paris Accord.
4, " that he is somehow talking about actively passing money from one county to another. That is a complete misinterpretation of what is being said. "
Answer That is precisley what part of the Paris Accord is for, if you can't understand what the Climate Fund is that is your problem.

I know exactly what the Paris Accord is about thanks. I was talking about what the 'de facto wealth distribution' comment meant which is what you asked me to comment on specifically.

And I know that countries want to access the same power that we have - that's why they are saying that they are attempting to change development strategy for the first time since the industrial revolution. I was talking about China and India and how to walk the tightrope between allowing them to become wealthy without harming the planet.

But whatever Fans Dad. You have absolutely no interest in discussing anything. You just change the question every time someone answers your specific question.

Go back to James Delingpole and listen to him instead. He's a d*ckhead though, so be careful.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:18 - Nov 7 with 1526 viewsE20Jack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:03 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Must admit i'd not heard of him. I steer clear of those sorts of publications and try to avoid getting dragged into CC arguements, but ocassionally get sucked in on here.

We're pretty much meat free these days too and have cut down massively on dairy; feel better for it and losing a bit of weight too. Cheese would be my weakness.

Richroll.com podcast has lots of interesting guests talking about healthier eating / living. Worth a look for anyone interested. http://www.richroll.com/category/podcast/

That's great mate. I was similar. I dropped a stone in 3 weeks just by cutting out meat and dairy. I didn't think I was out of shape but I clearly was, my body was harbouring unnecessary fat that these store. I saw a documentary on the effects of animal produce going into the human body too, it showed it from the inside and the reactions of the body to it. The insides inflame almost immediately, the body doesn't recognise it as something that should be there, it barely deals with it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:24 - Nov 7 with 1522 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:18 - Nov 7 by E20Jack

That's great mate. I was similar. I dropped a stone in 3 weeks just by cutting out meat and dairy. I didn't think I was out of shape but I clearly was, my body was harbouring unnecessary fat that these store. I saw a documentary on the effects of animal produce going into the human body too, it showed it from the inside and the reactions of the body to it. The insides inflame almost immediately, the body doesn't recognise it as something that should be there, it barely deals with it.

What's interesting about dairy as well, is the way that feeding it to us all in the West in huge quantities since childhood actually forces our bodies to adapt to tolerate it in an incredible way. All other cultures are almost totally dairy intolerant. The body is incredible at adapting. So although it inflames and harms us, the body has adapted enough to stop us feeling sick. In some ways it's counter productive.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 1520 viewsLeonWasGod

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:10 - Nov 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, but I am not even going to bother anymore, I give you information and all you do is ignore it, or rubbish it or call other people "stupid" like Mr Delingpole.

I don't even know who Delingpole is. I haven't called him or anyone stupid.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:40 - Nov 7 with 1506 viewsE20Jack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:24 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

What's interesting about dairy as well, is the way that feeding it to us all in the West in huge quantities since childhood actually forces our bodies to adapt to tolerate it in an incredible way. All other cultures are almost totally dairy intolerant. The body is incredible at adapting. So although it inflames and harms us, the body has adapted enough to stop us feeling sick. In some ways it's counter productive.

Yeah there is an argument at the moment that the dairy industry and its government forced prominence in western diets is inherently racist. I am not sure I would go as far as to say that myself but I do see the issue as for some reason African Americans have a higher ratio of lactose intolerance and bodies do not adapt to the foreign body that is dairy as well as other races.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 19:47]

Login to get fewer ads

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:46 - Nov 7 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:29 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

I don't even know who Delingpole is. I haven't called him or anyone stupid.

I called him an idiot in fairness.

And a d*ckhead.

Both comments I stand by.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:50 - Nov 7 with 1484 viewsE20Jack

Finally before I am completely guilty of derailing this thread...

I was speaking to someone last week about it and she said, animals are stupid though and don't know whats going on. I put it to her that she only believes she is the dominant species because that is the way the communities are led now. Other mammals have the same emotions as we do, fear, desire to live, want to avoid pain, love for their family.

I asked her if Aliens came down, or we discovered another earth dwelling species, and were far more intelligent than us, would you feel it acceptable for them to breed humans, impregnate them so they lactate, then milk them until they dry out, taking the baby away and murdering it as it is no use to them and then repeating the process until the women are too emotionally and physically exhausted from years of this abuse... just because they like the taste. Then rounding up everyone 3-4 years old, transporting them all in trucks in awful conditions and then slitting their throats in order to eat their flesh and making clothes out of their skin and grounding down their bones and cartilage to make sweets... even though they don't need to.

You can imagine what her answer was. Strange how quick someone moral compass switches. On that fine note I shall back away
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 19:54]

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:52 - Nov 7 with 1478 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:40 - Nov 7 by E20Jack

Yeah there is an argument at the moment that the dairy industry and its government forced prominence in western diets is inherently racist. I am not sure I would go as far as to say that myself but I do see the issue as for some reason African Americans have a higher ratio of lactose intolerance and bodies do not adapt to the foreign body that is dairy as well as other races.

[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 19:47]

People of Chinese, other South East Asian, Indian, and Arab descent are almost totally dairy intolerant as well. It's estimated at about 95% intolerance for Asia.

The NHS estimates the UK to be c. 5% lactose intolerant, but that is almost certainly very understated as many people suffer from IBS, bloating, indigestion etc etc without realising that it's very likely to be dairy. Many doctors are pretty slow to realise as well. Thankfully they're becoming more aware.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:53 - Nov 7 with 1475 viewsLeonWasGod

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:46 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

And a d*ckhead.

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:53 - Nov 7 with 1474 viewsE20Jack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:52 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

People of Chinese, other South East Asian, Indian, and Arab descent are almost totally dairy intolerant as well. It's estimated at about 95% intolerance for Asia.

The NHS estimates the UK to be c. 5% lactose intolerant, but that is almost certainly very understated as many people suffer from IBS, bloating, indigestion etc etc without realising that it's very likely to be dairy. Many doctors are pretty slow to realise as well. Thankfully they're becoming more aware.

Spot on.

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 20:07 - Nov 7 with 1457 viewsHighjack

Just to clarify. Meat is absolutely fine. Milk is absolutely fine.

Yum yum.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 20:43 - Nov 7 with 1448 viewsE20Jack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 20:07 - Nov 7 by Highjack

Just to clarify. Meat is absolutely fine. Milk is absolutely fine.

Yum yum.

Fine in terms of what?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 23:23 - Nov 7 with 1408 viewsHumpty

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 18:14 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Are you sure about that claim?

https://www.snopes.com/400-papers-published-in-2017-prove-that-global-warming-is

Dad? Anything?

Why do denialists change graphs? Why not publish them as they stand?

BTW, Ottmar Edenhofer did not say what all your blogs say he said. They've twisted his words so that it means something entirely different.

Why do they do that? Why not print exactly what he said?

And James f*cking Delingpole? The James Delingpole?

Heh!
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 11:45 - Nov 8 with 1344 viewsA_Fans_Dad

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:17 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

I know exactly what the Paris Accord is about thanks. I was talking about what the 'de facto wealth distribution' comment meant which is what you asked me to comment on specifically.

And I know that countries want to access the same power that we have - that's why they are saying that they are attempting to change development strategy for the first time since the industrial revolution. I was talking about China and India and how to walk the tightrope between allowing them to become wealthy without harming the planet.

But whatever Fans Dad. You have absolutely no interest in discussing anything. You just change the question every time someone answers your specific question.

Go back to James Delingpole and listen to him instead. He's a d*ckhead though, so be careful.

Well, that is another really great put down.
Except of course you haven't really backed up any of your points with facts, merely your apparently Green Opinions.
You keep saying you know about the subjects under discussion and yet your answers fall far short of proving it to me.
I thought the whole point of a discussion of such a huge topic as Climate Change was to progress through the topic, obviously I am wrong.
But if you say "You just change the question every time someone answers your specific question. " I do not find their answers satisfactory, just as you appear to find mine unsatisfactory.
In fact I said I wasn't going to bother deue to the kind of responses I was getting.
As for your attack on Delingpole, similar to those on President Trump you can be as derogatory as you like, it in no way proves them wrong.
As to the reliance of other posters on Snoop Fact Checker, that is laughable.
I do not listen to Delingpole, but I do read the forum which is the source of his story.
NTZ has a complete rebuttal of the Youtube video here
http://notrickszone.com/2017/11/02/deconstruction-of-the-critical-youtube-respon

As usual we will have to agree to disagree.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 12:01]
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 12:00 - Nov 8 with 1338 viewsA_Fans_Dad

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 23:23 - Nov 7 by Humpty

Dad? Anything?

Why do denialists change graphs? Why not publish them as they stand?

BTW, Ottmar Edenhofer did not say what all your blogs say he said. They've twisted his words so that it means something entirely different.

Why do they do that? Why not print exactly what he said?

And James f*cking Delingpole? The James Delingpole?

Heh!

Anything about what exactly?
What Graphs have been changed by the completely unacceptably named "deniers", they are Sceptics, Sceptisism is the very basis of Science, whereas "concensus" is the basis of politics.

So exactly what did Ottmar Edenhofer say, you have not provided any links to his statement.

sS to Delingpole, whom I do not follow, but I do read and believe the NTZ forum he was quoting from.
NTZ has a complete rebuttal of the Youtube video here
http://notrickszone.com/2017/11/02/deconstruction-of-the-critical-youtube-respon
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:10 - Nov 8 with 1313 viewsHighjack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 17:56 - Nov 7 by E20Jack

Feed a goldfish meat and it will become an omnivore, technically speaking. Doesn't mean the meat is good for its body and well being.

We were not designed to eat meat, certainly not at the levels we do. Our teeth and jaw structure is not designed for tearing flesh and our gut is certainly not designed for it. Meat eating on this scale is cultural - but so is rape in many societies.

I wont even touch upon the consumption of the mammary secretions of a cow. Again that is cultural and people are conditioned to think it is normal and good for you. It is formula designed to turn an 85lbs calf into a 1800lbs beast The odd thing is people would rather drink from the breast of an animal than their own species. We most certainly were not designed for that - hence the majority of the world is lactose intolerant.

If we were supposed to eat meat then it wouldn't be so damaging to our health. it is simple mind conditioning by corporations, pharmaceutical companies and governments, and they ensure that they get you when you are young. It is unsustainable, unhealthy, unnatural and cruel beyond comprehension.

Luckily people are waking up and the vegan movement is one of the largest growing movement in the world at the moment. I went full meat eater to vegan last year after opening my eyes to what is going on and have never felt so healthy.

Sorry, only just noticed this inane nonsense.

Not designed to eat meat? Stereoscopic vision, high levels of various protease enzymes in the digestive tract, canine teeth. Every land based carnivore in the world have these.

The jaw and teeth are not strong enough to tear flesh anymore because of simple evolution. We gained the knowledge and dexterity to make tools to carve the flesh hundreds of thousands of years ago.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:54 - Nov 8 with 1302 viewsMo_Wives

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 19:46 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

And a d*ckhead.

And a dickhead? Isn't that a gendered insult?

Yes, I know...I'm twisting it or something

Good luck, Mr Cooper

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 15:00 - Nov 8 with 1294 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:54 - Nov 8 by Mo_Wives

And a dickhead? Isn't that a gendered insult?

Yes, I know...I'm twisting it or something

Not really. Neither men nor women have actual d*cks growing out of their head Mo. Women could therefore equally be called a d*ckhead.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 15:01 - Nov 8 with 1292 viewsMo_Wives

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 15:00 - Nov 8 by londonlisa2001

Not really. Neither men nor women have actual d*cks growing out of their head Mo. Women could therefore equally be called a d*ckhead.

OK, mingeface. Thanks for that

Good luck, Mr Cooper

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 21:43 - Nov 9 with 1209 viewsE20Jack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:10 - Nov 8 by Highjack

Sorry, only just noticed this inane nonsense.

Not designed to eat meat? Stereoscopic vision, high levels of various protease enzymes in the digestive tract, canine teeth. Every land based carnivore in the world have these.

The jaw and teeth are not strong enough to tear flesh anymore because of simple evolution. We gained the knowledge and dexterity to make tools to carve the flesh hundreds of thousands of years ago.

You mean stuff you don't understand? Just like the stuff you didn't understand on the race thread and said (amazingy) the only difference between races was melanin production? I like you as a poster but you don't half jump the gun and say such stupid things with such little knowledge on the subject, which is disappointing. Your argument boiled down to ''yum yum, it's fine'' not so long ago with no reply when questioned.

We are certainly not designed to eat meat. In order to do so we have to clean it and cook it - not to mention kill it in un-natural ways using tools that we were not born with. If we were designed to eat meat then it wouldn't be so damaging to our health and we wouldn't have to go to these lengths to make the eating of it something that will not make us immediately sick. this is without even mentioning the fact that we naturally have empathy for what you would call our ''prey'', we have to do it behind closed doors because the sight of killing these animals makes us sick and feel uneasy - not hungry. A lion would be stimulated by the sight of blood.

Protease is to break down protein - not meat. Animals all get their protein from the same source - plants. Molars? please don't talk to me about human molars. Our molars are not similar to carnivore molars, they are far more similar to the animals that use them to eat fruit, nuts and other hard foods - they most certainly are not designed to tear through skin and raw flesh. Stereoscopic vision is found in plant eating monkeys, it is designed so they can gauge the length of branches and how far away they are, they need to see depth.

If you wish to talk about what herbivores and carnivores have, then let me run you through a few:-

Meat-eaters: have claws or other natural body adaptation to kill.
Herbivores: no claws or other natural body adaptation to kill.
Humans: no claws or other natural body adaptation to kill.

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Want me to continue or do you want to go back to saying yum yum, its fine?

We CAN eat small amounts of meat under the right conditions (cleaned, prepared, cooked) but we are not designed to. That much is blindingly obvious. We are derived from apes (who all have canines) and are clearly all largely on a plant based diet, drawing on foods they can pick up with their (our) hands.

Research suggests that meat eating probably began by scavenging and eating the leftovers that carnivores had left behind (in survival situations). However, our bodies have never adapted to it. To this day, meat eaters have a higher incidence of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other problems. It is not natural, not good for us and not designed for us.

It is no coincidence that the world is in an epidemic of dietary related illness. But yum yum eh? Ignorance is bliss. Deaf dumb and blind....
[Post edited 9 Nov 2017 22:06]

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 22:07 - Nov 9 with 1185 viewsGowerjack

All to do with climate change apparently...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/02/when-humans-became-meateater

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 22:10 - Nov 9 with 1181 viewsE20Jack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 22:07 - Nov 9 by Gowerjack

All to do with climate change apparently...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/02/when-humans-became-meateater

I read that a few weeks ago funnily enough, it made me chuckle at times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024