Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report 10:15 - Nov 4 with 9766 viewsBrynCartwright

We are all doomed with this idiot in charge at the White House.

This is the single greatest thing I have against the orange buffoon.

His disregard for overwhelming scientific evidence and withdrawal from the Paris accord makes him laughable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41868878

Discuss

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:19 - Nov 4 with 2319 viewswhoflungdung

Short discussion

You r e quite correct. He s nuts, but not in a good way.
He s not funny any more.

MAN IS KILLING THIS UNIVERSE

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:25 - Nov 4 with 2307 viewsHumpty

Thirteen federal agencies have published a climate change report.

They claim it's extremely likely that human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases, are the dominant cause, adding that there is no convincing alternative explanation. The people who compiled these reports are scientists. Very knowledgable people who are experts in their particular fields.

An orange idiot toddler who occasionally lives in the White House, with no scientific knowledge and very little knowledge, says "Nah!"

I think that sums it up.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:28 - Nov 4 with 2299 viewswhoflungdung

Even a cursory look at our environment should provide evidence of just how we are screwing up.

The weather is possibly the biggest clue !Don

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:34 - Nov 4 with 2292 viewsHumpty

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:28 - Nov 4 by whoflungdung

Even a cursory look at our environment should provide evidence of just how we are screwing up.

The weather is possibly the biggest clue !Don

You're right Richard.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:35 - Nov 4 with 2290 viewswhoflungdung

Don't fookn start now whateverthefeck you re called

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:40 - Nov 4 with 2284 viewsjojaca

I personally don't trust any overwhelming scientific evidence where us minions just read in papers. Climate change is just more excuses for more projects for us tax payers to fund. It's alright for our masters to bomb the shit out of the middle east, but we get puppy eyed when an ice cap melts.

Nothing stays the same for ever, we will have cold cycles and then warm cycles. The earth will be around long after us humans. When you go to the game today, have a look at the weather it's just an average October day, there is no palm trees growing anywhere.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 10:41]

Even when you know, you never know?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:59 - Nov 4 with 2259 viewsDr_Winston

I couldn't care less if "Climate Change" is a massive Global scam or not. As a species we are dirty and wasteful and if it takes a humungous lie to try and limit that then I'm all for it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 12:38 - Nov 4 with 2202 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:40 - Nov 4 by jojaca

I personally don't trust any overwhelming scientific evidence where us minions just read in papers. Climate change is just more excuses for more projects for us tax payers to fund. It's alright for our masters to bomb the shit out of the middle east, but we get puppy eyed when an ice cap melts.

Nothing stays the same for ever, we will have cold cycles and then warm cycles. The earth will be around long after us humans. When you go to the game today, have a look at the weather it's just an average October day, there is no palm trees growing anywhere.

"When you go to the game today, have a look at the weather it's just an average October day, there is no palm trees growing anywhere."

It's just possible that the scientists know a little bit more about it than you...
Login to get fewer ads

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 12:45 - Nov 4 with 2196 viewsLeonWasGod

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:40 - Nov 4 by jojaca

Thing is there was plenty of work going and awareness of this long before it became popularised and then governments jumped on it and saw it as a way to raise revenues.

I can understand why people are bored of it in the news and cynical, but to write it off as rubbish because you don't trust the government is nonsensical.

It's like saying you don't believe war happens because governments profit out of it, despite obvious evidence that it does.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:00 - Nov 4 with 2179 viewsHighjack

This is definitely fake news.

Trumps science guy has done a report that categorically proves that 100% of Mexicans and other immigrants emit CO2 when breathing out and methane when they fart. So by booting out these gas emitters and then building a massive wall, he's clearly doing his bit to reduce these toxic greenhouse emissions.

So anyone who says he's not tackling climate change is a libtard snowflake.

#Bootoutthefartersforourplanet

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:06 - Nov 4 with 2168 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:00 - Nov 4 by Highjack

This is definitely fake news.

Trumps science guy has done a report that categorically proves that 100% of Mexicans and other immigrants emit CO2 when breathing out and methane when they fart. So by booting out these gas emitters and then building a massive wall, he's clearly doing his bit to reduce these toxic greenhouse emissions.

So anyone who says he's not tackling climate change is a libtard snowflake.

#Bootoutthefartersforourplanet

You'd imagine someone who has turned orange due to atmospheric conditions would think there's some truth in what the scientists say.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:09 - Nov 4 with 2163 viewsHighjack

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:06 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

You'd imagine someone who has turned orange due to atmospheric conditions would think there's some truth in what the scientists say.

You'd also think willy wonka would have recaptured him by now but he's proved to be damn elusive.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:11 - Nov 4 with 2163 viewsJack_Meoff

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 12:45 - Nov 4 by LeonWasGod

Thing is there was plenty of work going and awareness of this long before it became popularised and then governments jumped on it and saw it as a way to raise revenues.

I can understand why people are bored of it in the news and cynical, but to write it off as rubbish because you don't trust the government is nonsensical.

It's like saying you don't believe war happens because governments profit out of it, despite obvious evidence that it does.

Good stuff. Expanding on your last paragraph, what strikes me as rank hypocrisy with regard to global warming is the fact that 'Western' corporations, backed by their governments, are the ones who CONSTANTLY wage for-profit wars, and also are the ones pillaging pretty much every country for their natural resources, resulting in environmental chaos.

It's a bit rank then to turn around and almost point the finger at the populace as a whole rather than a small bunch of sociopaths who want to f*ck everything up for everyone else. Because numbers on a screen trump any long term thought.

I'm not saying it's not real, just looking at a potential cause.

I also think there's something in our planet's temperature being cyclical in the long term.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:18 - Nov 4 with 2150 viewsburty

The guy is just a puppet on a string!
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:20 - Nov 4 with 2147 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:09 - Nov 4 by Highjack

You'd also think willy wonka would have recaptured him by now but he's proved to be damn elusive.

They seek him here they seek him there, those yankees seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive orange pimpernel.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:27 - Nov 4 with 2144 viewsLeonWasGod

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:11 - Nov 4 by Jack_Meoff

Good stuff. Expanding on your last paragraph, what strikes me as rank hypocrisy with regard to global warming is the fact that 'Western' corporations, backed by their governments, are the ones who CONSTANTLY wage for-profit wars, and also are the ones pillaging pretty much every country for their natural resources, resulting in environmental chaos.

It's a bit rank then to turn around and almost point the finger at the populace as a whole rather than a small bunch of sociopaths who want to f*ck everything up for everyone else. Because numbers on a screen trump any long term thought.

I'm not saying it's not real, just looking at a potential cause.

I also think there's something in our planet's temperature being cyclical in the long term.

Although if you speak to people in many of these industries they complain about legislation introduced to clean up emissions and waste (be it greenhouse gasses or other pollutants). Scrubbers on stacks, conversion of power stations, tertiary water treatment, controls on chemical disposal, etc., all add expense to business at least initially.

Which is why businesses support people like Trump and the Tories who promise to scrap these controls for the benefit of profit, and screw the rest of us.

It's completely screwed up.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:31 - Nov 4 with 2137 viewsjojaca

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 12:38 - Nov 4 by londonlisa2001

"When you go to the game today, have a look at the weather it's just an average October day, there is no palm trees growing anywhere."

It's just possible that the scientists know a little bit more about it than you...

So if your a scientist, I should believe everything you say. There are scientists on both sides of the arguments, who do you belief? Just follow the money.

I am fed up with so called 'experts' telling you what's what and then been proven wrong. Anyone who claims there an expert at something is full of shit!
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 13:32]

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:42 - Nov 4 with 2115 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:31 - Nov 4 by jojaca

So if your a scientist, I should believe everything you say. There are scientists on both sides of the arguments, who do you belief? Just follow the money.

I am fed up with so called 'experts' telling you what's what and then been proven wrong. Anyone who claims there an expert at something is full of shit!

Do you take that view if you need an operation?

What about a root canal?

Haircut even?

In fact, perhaps rather than play a team made up of people who have trained to be footballers for the past 10 years, perhaps we should just pick 11 random people who've read about it in the paper?

(In fairness, that may be a good idea as it happens).

You don't even need to believe the scientists, just look at what is happening with weather patterns and climate all over the world. Speak to farmers. See what's happening to monsoon season in India. Rainfall patterns in sub Saharan Africa. Hurricanes in the Atlantic.

Or, you know, don't. Just keep an eye out for palm trees in Swansea.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:07 - Nov 4 with 2102 viewsLohengrin

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 10:34 - Nov 4 by Humpty

You're right Richard.

I'm framing that, Hump!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:08 - Nov 4 with 2102 viewsLeonWasGod

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 13:31 - Nov 4 by jojaca

A tough one. Understanding how scientists work would help. Science is a method - repeatable observations and measurements help explain events we see in the natural world. As our understanding grows and technology improves we can make more sophisticated measurements and our understanding can change. It's fluid.

So I wouldn't say people should automatically believe everything scientists say as 'the truth', rather realise that what science tells us is probably the best understanding we have at this point of time of how things work. It's more informative than a single observation (e.g. there aren't and palm trees in Swansea). It's the best we've got, although of course isn't immune to abuse (selective science (bad science) can be used to counter commonly held scientific views; scientists can behave irresponsibly by going to the press directly so there are no checks on their work; some scientists make stuff up for personal fame). Mostly, these misuses of science are found out.

There's always uncertainty and that causes problems for politicians and the public alike.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:13 - Nov 4 with 2093 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There's plenty of Palm trees in Swansea.

Not growing wild though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:22 - Nov 4 with 2086 viewsjojaca

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 14:08 - Nov 4 by LeonWasGod

A tough one. Understanding how scientists work would help. Science is a method - repeatable observations and measurements help explain events we see in the natural world. As our understanding grows and technology improves we can make more sophisticated measurements and our understanding can change. It's fluid.

So I wouldn't say people should automatically believe everything scientists say as 'the truth', rather realise that what science tells us is probably the best understanding we have at this point of time of how things work. It's more informative than a single observation (e.g. there aren't and palm trees in Swansea). It's the best we've got, although of course isn't immune to abuse (selective science (bad science) can be used to counter commonly held scientific views; scientists can behave irresponsibly by going to the press directly so there are no checks on their work; some scientists make stuff up for personal fame). Mostly, these misuses of science are found out.

There's always uncertainty and that causes problems for politicians and the public alike.

Good post!

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 16:18 - Nov 4 with 2040 viewsDavillin

It is sad to relate, but this thread is jam-packed with hysterical and near-hysterical nonsense taken blindly from a rackful of imitation "scientists," almost all of them having taken "scientific conclusions" blindly from another rackful of dishonest "scientists," and all of them getting the imprimatur from a bunch of double-dumb politicians using it for their personal aggrandizement.

And all of them pooh-poohing the scientists whose work proves the errors of the first batch who can't give up riding the gravy train pulled by "climate change."

The principal problem is that all of the power-wielders in society who are gaining from the scam keep the truth-tellers shut down by indirect but effective punishments of one form or another, such as silently censoring them, causing them to lose one's lucrative position or reputation, and more telling, causing them to lose fat cat government's so-called "grants." And all of the "scientists" are backing all of the other "scientists" whose conclusions support their own.

And the non-scientists among us just bleat far and wide the conclusions of an even more scientifically-challenged media.

Follow the money. It ain't going to the ones who disagree with the money-waving government.

[p.s. A "well-done" to the posters on this thread who have not been taken in.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 2022 viewslondonlisa2001

White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 16:18 - Nov 4 by Davillin

It is sad to relate, but this thread is jam-packed with hysterical and near-hysterical nonsense taken blindly from a rackful of imitation "scientists," almost all of them having taken "scientific conclusions" blindly from another rackful of dishonest "scientists," and all of them getting the imprimatur from a bunch of double-dumb politicians using it for their personal aggrandizement.

And all of them pooh-poohing the scientists whose work proves the errors of the first batch who can't give up riding the gravy train pulled by "climate change."

The principal problem is that all of the power-wielders in society who are gaining from the scam keep the truth-tellers shut down by indirect but effective punishments of one form or another, such as silently censoring them, causing them to lose one's lucrative position or reputation, and more telling, causing them to lose fat cat government's so-called "grants." And all of the "scientists" are backing all of the other "scientists" whose conclusions support their own.

And the non-scientists among us just bleat far and wide the conclusions of an even more scientifically-challenged media.

Follow the money. It ain't going to the ones who disagree with the money-waving government.

[p.s. A "well-done" to the posters on this thread who have not been taken in.]

Follow the money?

Why are Trump and his merry band of morons are desperate to deny climate change? They don't want the world to move away from its dependence on coal and oil that's why. Because the entire military focus and associated financial strength of the US has been based on control of fossil fuels. After all. When was the last time a country invaded another to control their wind?

As an aside, by 'rackful of imitation scientists', I assume the poster means the 13 US federal agencies that have collaborated on this project.
White House downplaying US manmade climate change report on 17:19 - Nov 4 with 2014 viewsphact0rri

His entire council is full of yes men, with an idiot who sources intel from Faux and friends. The entire US government would make for great tv watching if it wasn't for the fall out being serious.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024