Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. 20:34 - Nov 4 with 6634 viewsmagicdaps10

Forget what he is doing at Everton but boy are we missing him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:21 - Nov 5 with 3759 viewsMrSwerve

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:11 - Nov 5 by ishootpeople

Good point, I'll rephrase that - why didn't we sign De Guzman!

I know I've said this many times, but it's scandalous that we didn't do everything to bring JdG in permanently after his loan. He was a fantastic player for us but was generally disliked by many fans and I have no idea why. Probably because he wouldn't bully the midfield like some players did. Fantastic technique though. I'd add this to the top 5 of recruitment feck ups in recent years...
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 9:22]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:23 - Nov 5 with 3751 viewsishootpeople

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:21 - Nov 5 by MrSwerve

I know I've said this many times, but it's scandalous that we didn't do everything to bring JdG in permanently after his loan. He was a fantastic player for us but was generally disliked by many fans and I have no idea why. Probably because he wouldn't bully the midfield like some players did. Fantastic technique though. I'd add this to the top 5 of recruitment feck ups in recent years...
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 9:22]

Could take a half decent set piece to
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:29 - Nov 5 with 3734 viewsWarwickHunt

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 21:28 - Nov 4 by theloneranger

Can't believe how many teams are willing to give us free kicks this season, knowing we are crap taking them.

We never had this many last season, with teams knowing Gylfi was waiting.

You can't blame them for wanting a spot of light entertainment during a match.

Comedy gold.
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:31 - Nov 5 with 3727 viewsSTID2017

Siggy and Llorente would have struggled this year, as the coaches have lost their way and the players are totally uninspired.
Yes, we are missing someone to take a decent free kick and someone to head the ball in, but team spirit is so flat, Messi and Ronaldo would be uninspired.
This has spread to the crowd, who have little to cheer about.
We need a new Manager asap who'll allow us to play with a bit more flair and the players need a massive boost.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:49 - Nov 5 with 3694 viewswhoflungdung

JdG was a fantastic sub for us ,he s now fulfilling the same role at Frankfurt

Another overated past player

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 11:27 - Nov 5 with 3653 viewsJoshTheJack

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 22:43 - Nov 4 by skettyparkherbert

I think you can blame him the starving bastard.

He was a big fish here earning great money at a club that really appreciated him.
As i aid before he didn't learn the lesson from a miserable transfer to spurs??

How can any smaller premier club grow without a billionaire owner when you have mercenaries like Siggy, Bony, A Ayew, Llorente, Sinclair, Williams etc to name a few??

Williams a mercenary!. I dont think so he served us well and could of jumped ship alot earlier.As for siggy why should he stay when he knows it's basically on his shoulders to keep us up.If we had a decent transfer system we wouldn't be talking about them.
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 12:26 - Nov 5 with 3612 viewsLoyal

Two obvious issues with JDG.
1. Loan fee for another year or purchase price too high.
2. He could obviously sense Laudrups demise.
JDG was head and shoulders above Mesa, Carrol, Sanchez etc. ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 12:28 - Nov 5 with 3612 viewsWarwickHunt

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 11:27 - Nov 5 by JoshTheJack

Williams a mercenary!. I dont think so he served us well and could of jumped ship alot earlier.As for siggy why should he stay when he knows it's basically on his shoulders to keep us up.If we had a decent transfer system we wouldn't be talking about them.

Jumped ship? It wasn't for the want of trying...
Login to get fewer ads

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 12:31 - Nov 5 with 3597 viewsdickythorpe

Just saw us on Goals on Sunday - a laughing stock. Ki is stealing a living
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 12:38 - Nov 5 with 3580 viewsLoyal

The most cowardly player I have seen in years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 12:46 - Nov 5 with 3573 viewsJoshTheJack

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 12:28 - Nov 5 by WarwickHunt

Jumped ship? It wasn't for the want of trying...

Not going to disagree with that.He still gave his all though and had the best years of his career here and i have no doubt that he could have moved earlier.Plus on current form we've robbed Everton just not spent it wisely.
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:21 - Nov 5 with 3489 viewsjackrabbit

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:31 - Nov 5 by STID2017

Siggy and Llorente would have struggled this year, as the coaches have lost their way and the players are totally uninspired.
Yes, we are missing someone to take a decent free kick and someone to head the ball in, but team spirit is so flat, Messi and Ronaldo would be uninspired.
This has spread to the crowd, who have little to cheer about.
We need a new Manager asap who'll allow us to play with a bit more flair and the players need a massive boost.

"Everyone at Swansea could, and should, have seen the creativity problem coming when they looked at the make-up of the squad. Across 794 top-flight appearances, predominantly in the Premier League, but also in La Liga, the Bundesliga, the Eredivisie and Portugal’s Primeira Liga, Swansea’s 22 outfield players registered only 40 assists between them in the previous two seasons. In short, what you see is what you get — Swansea’s eight broadly similar central midfielders created as many goals (13) in 332 appearances over two years as Sigurdsson managed on his own last season."

From 'The Guardian'. Says it all really. I was at Southampton first game of the season when we were murdered 0-0. I came away telling anyone who wanted to listen "we have no creativity". We still don't.

Tammy Abraham is a credit to the shirt and to the club. He busts his balls trying to do something wth nothing every game he plays - he has absolutely no service. He's not our player but he seems to care more than the rest. He was devastated at the end yesterday.
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:30 - Nov 5 with 3474 viewsShaky

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:21 - Nov 5 by jackrabbit

"Everyone at Swansea could, and should, have seen the creativity problem coming when they looked at the make-up of the squad. Across 794 top-flight appearances, predominantly in the Premier League, but also in La Liga, the Bundesliga, the Eredivisie and Portugal’s Primeira Liga, Swansea’s 22 outfield players registered only 40 assists between them in the previous two seasons. In short, what you see is what you get — Swansea’s eight broadly similar central midfielders created as many goals (13) in 332 appearances over two years as Sigurdsson managed on his own last season."

From 'The Guardian'. Says it all really. I was at Southampton first game of the season when we were murdered 0-0. I came away telling anyone who wanted to listen "we have no creativity". We still don't.

Tammy Abraham is a credit to the shirt and to the club. He busts his balls trying to do something wth nothing every game he plays - he has absolutely no service. He's not our player but he seems to care more than the rest. He was devastated at the end yesterday.

Wasn't it the Guardian that ranked Swansea 3rd best performer in the summer transfer window?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:37 - Nov 5 with 3461 viewsjackrabbit

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:30 - Nov 5 by Shaky

Wasn't it the Guardian that ranked Swansea 3rd best performer in the summer transfer window?

I don't know. I'm a Telegraph reader. But this Guardian article says it all:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/03/swansea-city-transfer-window-re
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 19:58 - Nov 5 with 3428 viewsskettyparkherbert

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:21 - Nov 5 by jackrabbit

Jackrabbit

I share your pain, i too went to Southampton and i agree with you, we were absolutely murdered it could have and should have been 5 or 6 nil easily.

Swans fans around me that day were actually saying "last season we would have lost that game at least we showed we can defend" We were so lucky.

The truth was the Saints were woeful in front of goal.
In hindsight it might have been better if we had got waxed, also how the feck did we get a result at Spurs, we got battered there too but some fans thought another great defensive display but we just parked the bus and lucked out big time.

After yesterdays performance and going forward is looking really grim i think can all agree with that.

Ok we don't have the most creative midfield players or the best defenders in the premier league but all the players could at least give a minimum of100% effort to the cause but the worrying thing is they seem unprepared to do that.

Hopefully over the next 2 weeks they will all have time to realise they need to work a lot harder and start performing because its fecking embarrassing to witness at the mo?
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 21:46 - Nov 5 with 3376 viewswhoflungdung

Abraham s attitude ,for a boy of his age, is extraordinary

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 22:15 - Nov 5 with 3356 viewshobo

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 21:18 - Nov 4 by skettyparkherbert

You would have thought that Siggy would have learned his lessons when he moved to Spurs and it went tits up.

The starving bastard couldn't help himself could he, doubled his wages but halved his credability and reputation.

He was never going to be the main man with Rooney and Classon there too.

Apart from Ben Davies can you remember another Ex Swans player who has progressed after leaving us?

Alejandro Pozuelo
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 09:46 - Nov 6 with 3291 viewsJackFish

Which really begs the question as to why the fúck we didn't bother signing a decent replacement for Siggy. We had £40m for him, even spending half that would have gotten us someone half decent, but we ended up spending £30m of it on defensive midfielders instead. And no wingers. Mental.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2017 10:24]
Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 10:16 - Nov 6 with 3272 viewstrampie

It was obvious only to a few at the start of the season that understand football that Swansea had no goals in the team because they did not replace Gylfi.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Boy are we missing Siggy.....especially his set pieces. on 18:58 - Nov 6 with 3238 viewscurleigh

Top post
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024