Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fans.. 04:57 - Nov 5 with 14331 viewsEU5Makaveli

Half the problem in my opinion, Yes.. we are absolutely sh*t at the moment, but players feed off the crowds energy! And singling out individuals is not helping anyone. Okay Carroll and Clucas were abysmal today but for those who have actually kicked a ball in their lifetime (rather than those armchair idoiots who have never stepped across the white line) know that anyone can have a poor game, and sometimes you can't do much about it.. those fans who jeered Carroll and Clucas off the field are absolute idiots. I guarantee they didn't have a poor game on purpose...so grow up! The problem lies with our poor recruitment, and nothing else.. we sold our 2 match winners and replaced them with players.. some with raw potential and some who aren't good enough! But for our own sake... next home game realise that we are in this together and get behind the team rather than looking for scapegoats! Otherwise it will be a long, hard season.. and also next season in the championship! We are all part of it.. realise this and GET BEHINHD THE TEAM
Our fans.. on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 1345 viewswhoflungdung

Yep,last comment is fair

Ive no idea whether Mesa has shot Clement s prize Pigeon but there is no reason to ignore him and ,of all things, put on the disgusting Routledge, a player who's first touch yesterday ,as always, was to stroke the ball to the opposition . Yet, he has supporters seeing him as great servant. He is perfect example of why we are where we are. Why is Rangel, a tidy bloke, still even registered as a player. Dyer started instead of his replacement . Get the drift ...

Mesa, under a new manager, could well become Britton s successor but Clement is killing him

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Our fans.. on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 1345 viewsDewi1jack

Our fans.. on 09:23 - Nov 5 by SgorioFruit

The bottom line is the club is a disgrace at the moment. By disgrace I mean the board and money men who are there for their own gains and not the clubs.

Followed that with an incompetent manager, and chuck in 11 players on the pitch who don't want to play football ( barring Tammy Nath and Fab.)

then I'm afraid yes you will have fans booing and calling for a massive shake up

not really that hard to comprehend.

Very few, if any owners nowadays (PL owners) are "in it for the clubs gains" TV money has ensured that isn't ever likely to be the case again, numbers that look mind blowing.
Even Abramovitch doesn't put his own money in now.
Some people own clubs as play things/ status symbols/ free advertising for their own companies- although that hasn't been a marriage made in heaven either according to a fair few Geordies.

I personally think it has started with an incompetent Chairman/ owners who sold quickly for a price seemingly £40-£50 million too low looking at various sales about the same time.
They hire the managers, players, people related to them, who probably aren't the best for the job either.
They voted themselves a huge pay rise just before the sale, contract after contract to mismanage building projects, coffee sales etc. In fact every money making scheme they could come up with.
Think the money men behind Jase and Stevie boy need to shake things up a lot at the mo.

As for people booing.
I really dislike it and see it as counter-productive.
I do (in the cold light of day) understand it. I certainly didn't in the ground yesterday and yes I did explain my feelings towards some of the fans around me in no uncertain terms.

Chris/ The res whatever.
Of course the City helped the club. Without the stadium we'd never have attracted the players we did to get us moving on up.

Beaky and the old board helped, but can't take all the credit as they weren't the ones (mostly) giving their all on the pitch to get us the points needed. Credit also needs to go to the managers, players, backroom staff/ medics etc- each and everyone played their part.
Yes. Even us fans who were going home and away.
Because without fans (customers in now speak- tw@s. we're fuggin fans!) there is no need for the club.

Fuk.
Our Trust is so communicative at the mo as well.

PS to the Trust
I'm voting no when you decide to try and give the money back to the Yanks for the stadium lease.
Why not approach the council direct and use the money to buy a share in the stadium?Upset the fuggin owners when we're getting a large proportion of the naming rights/ rents etc.
In the meantime FFS communicate with us. The club certainly won't listen to you. That's painfully obvious.
Nothing whatsoever since the push a bad deal vote.

Sorry for the rant and novel ladies and gents

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Our fans.. on 09:59 - Nov 5 with 1333 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our fans.. on 09:51 - Nov 5 by ishootpeople

Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face.

Its pretty pathetic that he can't put his differences with Mesa to one side for the good of the team, hes meant to be a professional manager in the Premier League FFS.

He's been the epitome of unprofessional throughout this entire saga. In accusing or questioning others whilst behaving the same way himself - well it's no wonder the players have no respect for him.

I may be wrong but with his no crisis talk as well he's trying to tempt the board into sacking him so he can walk away with a massive payday for failing. So add unscrupulous c*nt to the list too.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our fans.. on 10:03 - Nov 5 with 1320 viewsEU5Makaveli

Our fans.. on 07:20 - Nov 5 by Kilkennyjack

I know you are expecting people to support your post, but its bollox.

The sell outs want us to feel that the fans are part of the problem, but the fans would be fine if you gave us anything to cheer. Who ....

Sold the club behind the Trusts back ?
Stayed around after selling up for millions ?
Sold all the best players ?
Academy cant produce a single player ?
Wasted millions on players who cant get in team, or who struggle ?
No investment above sky money and xfer money in ?
Boring tactics ?
Players who just go through the motions ?
No welsh players ?
Hard earned premier league status slipping away ?

The poor old fans fill the stadium every game, plus away support.
Dont deflect the blame here.

Fans entirely justified in showing how they feel.
Its hard to be all happy clappy when your club has been mismanaged for years, and you can see that the playing assets have been sold.

People feel they have been taken advantage of. And people care about our club.

I completely agree with 90% of what your saying, but I'm sure despite some awful recruitment and decision making even the board aren't making us sh*t on purpose. The club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. As for the fans, after 2 mistakes people started getting on Carroll's back, you could see the confidence drain from the lad. Same goes with Clucas. On current form we are probably the worst team in the league, and by all means take your frustrations out in the board! However we have this squad until January so we need to get behind the players.
Our fans.. on 10:07 - Nov 5 with 1305 viewsSTID2017

Our fans.. on 09:51 - Nov 5 by ishootpeople

Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face.

Its pretty pathetic that he can't put his differences with Mesa to one side for the good of the team, hes meant to be a professional manager in the Premier League FFS.

Totally agree with you and Brynnie about PC's ego being too big to allow him to play Mesa on a regular basis - suicidal on his part and must be demoralising for Roque
Off topic - what an awful username

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Our fans.. on 10:10 - Nov 5 with 1297 viewswhoflungdung

The better players ram booing down fans throats

Our fans.. on 10:14 - Nov 5 with 1286 viewsEU5Makaveli

Our fans.. on 07:32 - Nov 5 by NOTRAC

Absolutely agree, Kilkenny Jack.
It was stated on Radio Wales last night that we are bad from top to bottom.They are absolutely right.Bad owners,bad Chairman,bad manager,bad coaches,bad players ,bad results and even bad supporters Trust.
They say that one bad apple eventually makes the rest bad.
There are no prizes for guessing which one is the bad apple in that lot.
The crowd? Never.We pay for the apples.We have a right to be angry at the moment.

By all means be angry but the atmosphere was toxic. At 0-0 after 20 minutes fans were moaning about players passing the ball backwards and keeping it, when in reality there was nothing else on. It's almost as if fans feel we should be blowing away the likes of Brighton, Newcastle, Watford when in reality they are as good, if not better than us at the moment.
Our fans.. on 10:18 - Nov 5 with 1272 viewsEU5Makaveli

Our fans.. on 09:55 - Nov 5 by Bloodyhills

To OP, stupidest post I've read in a while.
If you think the fans are half the problem then you have no clue about football. I think it might have something to do with the ex owners, manger and players.

You obviously have never played the game, or even been to the stadium. The atmposhere is toxic, by all means take your frustrations out on the board. But in getting on individual players backs our fans were a disgrace yesterday
Login to get fewer ads

Our fans.. on 10:22 - Nov 5 with 1261 viewsYossarian

Our fans.. on 07:20 - Nov 5 by Kilkennyjack

I know you are expecting people to support your post, but its bollox.

The sell outs want us to feel that the fans are part of the problem, but the fans would be fine if you gave us anything to cheer. Who ....

Sold the club behind the Trusts back ?
Stayed around after selling up for millions ?
Sold all the best players ?
Academy cant produce a single player ?
Wasted millions on players who cant get in team, or who struggle ?
No investment above sky money and xfer money in ?
Boring tactics ?
Players who just go through the motions ?
No welsh players ?
Hard earned premier league status slipping away ?

The poor old fans fill the stadium every game, plus away support.
Dont deflect the blame here.

Fans entirely justified in showing how they feel.
Its hard to be all happy clappy when your club has been mismanaged for years, and you can see that the playing assets have been sold.

People feel they have been taken advantage of. And people care about our club.

Excellent post. You are a legend.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Our fans.. on 10:26 - Nov 5 with 1245 viewsSTID2017

Our fans.. on 10:14 - Nov 5 by EU5Makaveli

By all means be angry but the atmosphere was toxic. At 0-0 after 20 minutes fans were moaning about players passing the ball backwards and keeping it, when in reality there was nothing else on. It's almost as if fans feel we should be blowing away the likes of Brighton, Newcastle, Watford when in reality they are as good, if not better than us at the moment.

It isn't a question of blowing teams away though.
Bar Arsenal, Spurs and Man U, the rest of the teams are teams that on a good day we should have been looking to at least match. Teams like Leicester, West Ham, Brighton and Newcastle have faced us with us with relatively poor records, yet we have been re soundly beaten.
We are going to lose some games - that's a given - but to look as if we are either not trying or clueless, then it is very frustrating.
Even the better players are starting to look so down trodden - they know they can do better, but they have a coach who seems intent on limiting them.

Our fans.. on 10:26 - Nov 5 with 1242 viewswhoflungdung

In fairness Killy makes good points

Our fans.. on 10:27 - Nov 5 with 1241 viewsishootpeople

Our fans.. on 10:18 - Nov 5 by EU5Makaveli

You obviously have never played the game, or even been to the stadium. The atmposhere is toxic, by all means take your frustrations out on the board. But in getting on individual players backs our fans were a disgrace yesterday

How long have you been going to football? Its news to you that fans get on players backs if they are having a mare?
Our fans.. on 10:28 - Nov 5 with 1240 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I agree with you so much as to say the personal abuse of individual players makes me cringe. Same as people on here calling the likes of Routledge "disgusting ". Neither him or Dyer awarded themselves 5 year contracts, same as Clucas never put a 15 million price tag upon himself. Our recruitment is to blame squarely for this.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our fans.. on 10:31 - Nov 5 with 1234 viewsSTID2017

Our fans.. on 10:27 - Nov 5 by ishootpeople

How long have you been going to football? Its news to you that fans get on players backs if they are having a mare?

We all get on players back, but singling players out is no good for the player or the team.
I, like many, will moan when a player does something wrong, but I wouldn't then have a go at him for the rest of the game.

Our fans.. on 10:34 - Nov 5 with 1228 viewswhoflungdung

I ll defend myself

He IS disgusting

I'm talking about his football ability which is so

I'm talking about a man given a four year extended contract .FOUR year.. Inexplicable. Disgusting

Talking about a PL player unable to tackle, pass to a colleague, shoot or in any way contribute.

He s not alone but he s a perfect example of what s gone wrong as he should have gone three years ago .

Now that s disgusting

Disgusted

Our fans.. on 10:39 - Nov 5 with 1217 viewsishootpeople

Our fans.. on 10:31 - Nov 5 by STID2017

We all get on players back, but singling players out is no good for the player or the team.
I, like many, will moan when a player does something wrong, but I wouldn't then have a go at him for the rest of the game.

Ok fair point, but its like that scene from I.D what was the players name Edwards?

"Oh not f*cking Edwards" ... *scores* "THERES ONLY ONE JONNY EDWARDS!"

cant remember the name so made one up.
Our fans.. on 10:42 - Nov 5 with 1209 viewsEU5Makaveli

Our fans.. on 08:07 - Nov 5 by jackal

It's the "armchair idiots" who pay their hard-earned cash to watch these people perform. The players go home with many thousands per week. They will move on sooner or later and earn fortunes elsewhere.

We are supposed to show passion in our support and yet they show none on the pitch.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 8:09]

I'm sure the fans I'm referring to will follow. Half the fans shout "Forward, Forward." When there's nothing on and a forward pass will be gifting the ball back to the opposition. I appreciate what your saying but if we do go down how many of our 20,000 fans there today will turn up every week? 12, 13 thousand on a good day.
Our fans.. on 10:51 - Nov 5 with 1180 viewsAngelRangelQS

I feel a bit sorry for Clucas. He’s basically just the symbol of everything that’s gone wrong at the football club. Gone are the days of ingenious signings - we are now stuck in with bang average players signed at hugely over inflated prices.
Our fans.. on 10:54 - Nov 5 with 1173 viewsEU5Makaveli

Our fans.. on 10:27 - Nov 5 by ishootpeople

I've played the game a long time, and have seen a lot worse than yesterday. However getting on players backs after 20 minutes with the score at 0-0 for passing the ball backwards is ridiculous
Our fans.. on 10:55 - Nov 5 with 1164 viewslidojack

Our fans.. on 10:31 - Nov 5 by STID2017

Surely yesterday was just everyone moaning at a player but at the same time?

There is no clear right or wrong in this scenario. Fans have a right to voice their opinions (and if they hadn't all done it at the same time there wouldn't be this discussion) but there may be more constructive ways to do it.

In the heat of the moment it is very hard to channel frustration at what is on the pitch and who is in the stand into a coherent outburst. This is especially the case when fans feel like they have been short changed and want people to know about it.

Booing is the default option for football fans and it will most likely always be the same. Its just unfortunate that two players who were not up to it got caught in the crossfire.
Our fans.. on 10:58 - Nov 5 with 1152 viewsLoyal

Our fans.. on 10:51 - Nov 5 by AngelRangelQS

I feel a bit sorry for Clucas. He’s basically just the symbol of everything that’s gone wrong at the football club. Gone are the days of ingenious signings - we are now stuck in with bang average players signed at hugely over inflated prices.

Two years ago he would have been a 5 million pound punt.
Jenkins won't sign players of obvious ability because of the price tag and his desire to show the yanks a profit, this is what is killing us, Jenkins personal agenda, nothing more.
It's pound signs that wins and its pound signs which will secure our relegation.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our fans.. on 10:58 - Nov 5 with 1150 viewsishootpeople

Our fans.. on 10:54 - Nov 5 by EU5Makaveli

I've played the game a long time, and have seen a lot worse than yesterday. However getting on players backs after 20 minutes with the score at 0-0 for passing the ball backwards is ridiculous

I agree with you there, but after those 2 free kicks he took - I cant blame the fans for having a go.
Our fans.. on 10:59 - Nov 5 with 1147 views34dfgdf54

Our fans.. on 10:51 - Nov 5 by AngelRangelQS

He’s been shafted big time, as has Mesa.

I don’t agree with singling out players, but Clement continues to pick players on the back of consistently bad performances, he’s to blame. Carroll being the main example for me, he showed last year he can play, but he’s woefully out of form and needs to be taking out of the firing line. There is £27million worth of Centre Midfielders waiting for a chance in the team and Clement refuses to change things. Garry Monk MK2.
Our fans.. on 11:08 - Nov 5 with 1124 viewsTheResurrection

Our fans.. on 09:56 - Nov 5 by Dewi1jack

Very few, if any owners nowadays (PL owners) are "in it for the clubs gains" TV money has ensured that isn't ever likely to be the case again, numbers that look mind blowing.
Even Abramovitch doesn't put his own money in now.
Some people own clubs as play things/ status symbols/ free advertising for their own companies- although that hasn't been a marriage made in heaven either according to a fair few Geordies.

I personally think it has started with an incompetent Chairman/ owners who sold quickly for a price seemingly £40-£50 million too low looking at various sales about the same time.
They hire the managers, players, people related to them, who probably aren't the best for the job either.
They voted themselves a huge pay rise just before the sale, contract after contract to mismanage building projects, coffee sales etc. In fact every money making scheme they could come up with.
Think the money men behind Jase and Stevie boy need to shake things up a lot at the mo.

As for people booing.
I really dislike it and see it as counter-productive.
I do (in the cold light of day) understand it. I certainly didn't in the ground yesterday and yes I did explain my feelings towards some of the fans around me in no uncertain terms.

Chris/ The res whatever.
Of course the City helped the club. Without the stadium we'd never have attracted the players we did to get us moving on up.

Beaky and the old board helped, but can't take all the credit as they weren't the ones (mostly) giving their all on the pitch to get us the points needed. Credit also needs to go to the managers, players, backroom staff/ medics etc- each and everyone played their part.
Yes. Even us fans who were going home and away.
Because without fans (customers in now speak- tw@s. we're fuggin fans!) there is no need for the club.

Fuk.
Our Trust is so communicative at the mo as well.

PS to the Trust
I'm voting no when you decide to try and give the money back to the Yanks for the stadium lease.
Why not approach the council direct and use the money to buy a share in the stadium?Upset the fuggin owners when we're getting a large proportion of the naming rights/ rents etc.
In the meantime FFS communicate with us. The club certainly won't listen to you. That's painfully obvious.
Nothing whatsoever since the push a bad deal vote.

Sorry for the rant and novel ladies and gents

Dewi, that's a bloody good post and whilst I could nit pick here and there with it, there'd be no point. It was mostly on point.

Especially the bit about the old directors lining their own pockets throughout their tenure.

A point people seem to have totally forgotten and are now currently laughably pointing out how "close" i am with them FFS.

I was the one bringing all this to the fans' attention right throughout their time in charge. Morgan, Jenkins, Dineen even Cooze all wanted a slice of the big pie and I went chapter and verse on this for an age.

Having said all that, we can never ever forget the job they did. And whilst we had the stadium and it definitely helped, I don't think we can look any further than the Directors for the journey we've been on.

People are talking about our identity being lost, but it was the old guard responsible for establishing that in the first place.

An identity we NEVER had before.

But like I said, I enjoyed your post.

I do feel it's time for a change though. Our fans can be a disgrace and yesterday was hard evidence of that. This will carry on while the fans have a target for their perceptions, no matter how awry a lot of them are.

But I will warn against something now... there's nothing to say a new Director of Football would change ur fortunes, in fact I'm shuddering at the thought in part. Fans are wanting to get back to 2011 to 2013 and it was Jenkins in charge in the main then, yeah we had the recruitment of Tutumulu and some diamonds but no club could shell out for the agent fees and other add ons he wanted. There had to be some balance, and this comes from Laudrup's biggest fan. What Tutumulu and Laudrup demanded in their contract wasn't right.

The other manager in that spell was Rodgers and he's rotting up in Scotland.

For me, the money we had left over after the last window should mostly go back to him. He'd get more out of these players without a shadow of a doubt and his philosophy on the game is much more in tune with what us, the fans want.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Our fans.. on 11:22 - Nov 5 with 1085 viewsBloodyhills

As it happens I played the game for 10 years, only in the Swansea League though, have been watching the swans live since 1980. Not that that matters.

However I totally agree that fans should not get on the backs of the players during the match and should get behind them but to say the fans are half the blame is just wrong. There are many on the forum much wiser than me who can explain where the real problems are and have done in hundreds of posts over the last few years.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024