Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever Newport-born XI 20:39 - Nov 5 with 2434 viewsneil316

Hi all, here is my next article I have written in my series of looking at the best players to come from particular cities in Wales. This time I take a look at Newport, a couple of players who played/managed Swansea included. Have a read and let me know what you think

https://y-ddraig.co.uk/2017/11/05/best-ever-newport-born-xi

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 20:40]
Best ever Newport-born XI on 10:19 - Nov 6 with 2316 viewsProfessor

Good article-though would be thrashed by a Swansea-born XI.

A few good players in there, but some pretty mediocre ones who have won more caps than they perhaps should have in the darker days of the 80s and 90s. The one who brought back memories for me was Nigel (The Human Fly) Vaughan. Always linked in my mind to being on the Grange at Ninian Park and the shower of coins at the end of the game. I think I was in profit after the game in (1983/4) when Toshack scored.

Still unbelievable that Roger only played once for Wales.
Best ever Newport-born XI on 18:18 - Nov 6 with 2239 viewsneil316

Best ever Newport-born XI on 10:19 - Nov 6 by Professor

Good article-though would be thrashed by a Swansea-born XI.

A few good players in there, but some pretty mediocre ones who have won more caps than they perhaps should have in the darker days of the 80s and 90s. The one who brought back memories for me was Nigel (The Human Fly) Vaughan. Always linked in my mind to being on the Grange at Ninian Park and the shower of coins at the end of the game. I think I was in profit after the game in (1983/4) when Toshack scored.

Still unbelievable that Roger only played once for Wales.

yeah behind Big Nev for majority, which is a shame. Life of a backup international goalie must be awful! i agree that it wouldnt do well against the Swansea born xi
Best ever Newport-born XI on 18:44 - Nov 6 with 2222 viewscaerleon_jack

I'd have Norman Parselle in there, he's a club legend.

I'd also not include Mark Aizlewood, he's a scumbag.

Insert something witty here

Best ever Newport-born XI on 19:09 - Nov 6 with 2206 viewsTim_Harry

My second ever away trip was to Wolves. I remember the chants of "Nigel Vaughan is a vvanker".Didn't really know much about him at the time, so it was amusing to see him there in that article with a Frankie goes to Hollywood moustache!
Best ever Newport-born XI on 00:11 - Nov 8 with 2081 viewsneil316

Best ever Newport-born XI on 19:09 - Nov 6 by Tim_Harry

My second ever away trip was to Wolves. I remember the chants of "Nigel Vaughan is a vvanker".Didn't really know much about him at the time, so it was amusing to see him there in that article with a Frankie goes to Hollywood moustache!

every picture i could find of him he had a moustache!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024