Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contradiction in the fans 07:29 - Nov 6 with 11693 viewsJFSwan

"We want our club back "

"Greedy b**stards, get out of our club "

Surely getting the club back to where it was would involve the sell outs remaining as they are what made it ?

I am still not sure where to direct my anger at the minute.

Players - not putting in the effort .......
but Clement picks the players .....
but still only has what is given to him....
by Huw Jenkins .......who is only here because the Americans no nothing about football......
who are here because the previous shareholders sold out.

Contradiction in the fans on 12:15 - Nov 6 with 2080 viewsthornabyswan

Contradiction in the fans on 11:41 - Nov 6 by TheResurrection

Yeah. So you've answered it by agreeing how stupid it sounds.

You want your club back by giving it back to the people you want out???

You can't make this sort of shit up mun

It's nonsense innit??

On this occasion I have to agree with you.
But how can they fit Jenkins out Clement out Trust give us some communication and players pull your Fukcing fingers out into a meaningful chant.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Contradiction in the fans on 21:28 - Nov 6 with 1987 viewsPrivate_Partz

Contradiction in the fans on 11:41 - Nov 6 by TheResurrection

Yeah. So you've answered it by agreeing how stupid it sounds.

You want your club back by giving it back to the people you want out???

You can't make this sort of shit up mun

It's nonsense innit??

Surely you know I didn't mean that you little tinker. ;-)
I want people in charge who care for then club and want to promote our style. A club I can feel proud of again.
I most certainly am not in favour of handing it back to the treacherous.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Contradiction in the fans on 22:46 - Nov 6 with 1935 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:28 - Nov 6 by Private_Partz

Surely you know I didn't mean that you little tinker. ;-)
I want people in charge who care for then club and want to promote our style. A club I can feel proud of again.
I most certainly am not in favour of handing it back to the treacherous.

I wasn't trying to trip you up but this has been an excellent thread from the OP and I knew most would want to brush it up under the carpets as it illustrates how petulant and laughable this whole fiasco has become.

People are just angry for the sake of being angry

They don't know what they want but are willing to scream blue bloody murder to get it.

Everything went quiet from January to September, that's how bad and evil and terrible and disgusting our club is. That we don't care when we're picking up results.....

But as soon as we don't for a ffew games it's get those pitchforks, slag our own players off, fight among ourselves and stamp our feet up and down upon the ground. .....like little children.

Results and performances shouldn't come into it, if something is as bad as people are making out they shouldn't matter.

The fact it's the results and performances that's causing it shows up the whole scenario for what it is.

A load of hot air that can mostly be rectified by changing the manager.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Contradiction in the fans on 23:01 - Nov 6 with 1903 viewsDrGonzo

Contradiction in the fans on 22:46 - Nov 6 by TheResurrection

I wasn't trying to trip you up but this has been an excellent thread from the OP and I knew most would want to brush it up under the carpets as it illustrates how petulant and laughable this whole fiasco has become.

People are just angry for the sake of being angry

They don't know what they want but are willing to scream blue bloody murder to get it.

Everything went quiet from January to September, that's how bad and evil and terrible and disgusting our club is. That we don't care when we're picking up results.....

But as soon as we don't for a ffew games it's get those pitchforks, slag our own players off, fight among ourselves and stamp our feet up and down upon the ground. .....like little children.

Results and performances shouldn't come into it, if something is as bad as people are making out they shouldn't matter.

The fact it's the results and performances that's causing it shows up the whole scenario for what it is.

A load of hot air that can mostly be rectified by changing the manager.

You're not wrong. When Clement came in and results picked up the apathy set in again. Pathetic.
Contradiction in the fans on 23:42 - Nov 6 with 1846 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 23:01 - Nov 6 by DrGonzo

You're not wrong. When Clement came in and results picked up the apathy set in again. Pathetic.

why aren't people man enough or mature enough to stop and think and make rational judgements on all that goes on in front of us...

We'd get a lot further forward with careful thinking and decisive action.

This is again why I blame the useless Trust because their dithering and cowardice has brought a chaos and divisiveness to our whole fan base.

If ever there was a time for them to make a stand and show some balls it was the last 2 years or so....but whats happening right now? They are being literally FORCED into even given a bloody statement.... !!!!

And Ux comes on here and makes out like he's doing us a favour.... Unbelievable.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Contradiction in the fans on 23:43 - Nov 6 with 1849 viewsYossarian

The last two words of the OP arguably nail it. Yes, factually they sold out, but in my view they ‘sold out’ metaphorically too. They may not have envisaged that the Yanks were never going to invest their savings ( or thankfully take out massive loans to finance transfers) and they can’t be blamed for that. However, those that negotiated ‘staying on’ deals most definitely continue to ‘sell out’ in my view as they have subsequently made ( or have acquiesced in making) decisions that have put personal gain ahead of footballing considerations. If they thought they’d have a chance of convincing anyone, they say that they’re decisions were about ensuring the continuing financial solvency of the club as opposed to their own gain, but they,now people won’t buy that now. The luck has run out, the bullshit exhausted and we are left with what we’ve got, a squad that isn’t anywhere near good enough. So, that’s who I blame- not the players, not PC and his staff, not the Trust, not the Yanks- but Jenkins and Dineen. They got us into this shit and they can’t get us out of it, and they have no inclination to do the honourable thing because they are earning big time.The club is in the hands of the Yanks...and fate.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Contradiction in the fans on 02:42 - Nov 7 with 1814 viewsLeonWasGod

Contradiction in the fans on 23:43 - Nov 6 by Yossarian

The last two words of the OP arguably nail it. Yes, factually they sold out, but in my view they ‘sold out’ metaphorically too. They may not have envisaged that the Yanks were never going to invest their savings ( or thankfully take out massive loans to finance transfers) and they can’t be blamed for that. However, those that negotiated ‘staying on’ deals most definitely continue to ‘sell out’ in my view as they have subsequently made ( or have acquiesced in making) decisions that have put personal gain ahead of footballing considerations. If they thought they’d have a chance of convincing anyone, they say that they’re decisions were about ensuring the continuing financial solvency of the club as opposed to their own gain, but they,now people won’t buy that now. The luck has run out, the bullshit exhausted and we are left with what we’ve got, a squad that isn’t anywhere near good enough. So, that’s who I blame- not the players, not PC and his staff, not the Trust, not the Yanks- but Jenkins and Dineen. They got us into this shit and they can’t get us out of it, and they have no inclination to do the honourable thing because they are earning big time.The club is in the hands of the Yanks...and fate.

"They may not have envisaged that the Yanks were never going to invest their savings ( or thankfully take out massive loans to finance transfers) and they can’t be blamed for that."

They knew exactly which financial model the Americans were going to use. It's was no secret - we all knew on here before the sale that they weren't going to spend their own money over and above the sale. I think Huw even said as much in an interview (could be wrong).

They knew exactly who and what they were selling us to.
Contradiction in the fans on 03:06 - Nov 7 with 1810 viewsDewi1jack

Contradiction in the fans on 02:42 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

"They may not have envisaged that the Yanks were never going to invest their savings ( or thankfully take out massive loans to finance transfers) and they can’t be blamed for that."

They knew exactly which financial model the Americans were going to use. It's was no secret - we all knew on here before the sale that they weren't going to spend their own money over and above the sale. I think Huw even said as much in an interview (could be wrong).

They knew exactly who and what they were selling us to.

"They knew exactly who and what they were selling us to."

They certainly knew what they were selling to, inasmuch as it was a hidden Delaware company of money grabbers.
But I'm sure Beaky admitted they didn't know who was behind Jase and Stevie Boy because the sellout scum never did a thorough search/ due diligence on the company.

And not knowing the who should have sounded the loudest alarm bells going in the heads of the sellers.
It may have done, we don't know.
But they went ahead anyway

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Contradiction in the fans on 03:47 - Nov 7 with 1798 viewsLeonWasGod

Contradiction in the fans on 03:06 - Nov 7 by Dewi1jack

"They knew exactly who and what they were selling us to."

They certainly knew what they were selling to, inasmuch as it was a hidden Delaware company of money grabbers.
But I'm sure Beaky admitted they didn't know who was behind Jase and Stevie Boy because the sellout scum never did a thorough search/ due diligence on the company.

And not knowing the who should have sounded the loudest alarm bells going in the heads of the sellers.
It may have done, we don't know.
But they went ahead anyway

Sorry, I meant who as in the type of people, rather than individuals. But that's a good point regarding the lack of transparency. I can only assume that having been pulled up short once by the Trust they were keen to progress asap and not worry too much about the details.
Contradiction in the fans on 06:02 - Nov 7 with 1771 viewsE20Jack

Yep, if you didn't make this thread then I was going to. So this in bucketloads is my comment.

I was going to say that if you asked everyone who is chanting this after the game, "who do you think that chant is aimed at?" You would get so many different answers it would be embarrassing.

1) if you want the club back then you are stating you either want the old directors back (the greedy bastards you want out of the club) or you want it back in "supporter hands".

2) assuming we all see how ridiculous scenario 1 is, that leaves us wanting it back in supporter hands. By that, we must mean the only supporter organisation out there... The Trust.

3) on the recent Trust vote, the vote to 'take the deal' was voted for by the fans. Meaning we now in all likelihood will never be able to get sufficient money to be able to take over the club.

4) stop hiding behind this "investment" and "next level" bollox. We have spent what we earned and cut cloth accordingly, as we always have. The next level comments were not aimed at on pitch activities - but revenue off it as FFP comes in to play with costs spiralling. This was obvious even the week he said it and was also said on here. Those that decided to take it as meaning european football and external investment were either amazingly naive or accepted it knowing they could then cry foul if it went wrong.

5) I have heard many saying "why dont they put their hands in their pockets and invest?" and those same people also say "i bet they will take massive loans out in the clubs name leaving us a mess". Those two statements conflict. Any investment will be in the form of a loan. Investment is something we absolutely DO NOT want. Why people keep calling for it or throwing their toys out of the pram that we are not getting it is beyond my level of comprehension.

6) YOU had the power to change all of this by voting litigation. As soon as the Yanks took over the club priorities should have turned to acquiring as much money as possible to break the venture capitalist owner chain we are now unfortunately clearly on and become fan owned once more with as little damage done to the club as possible. You either didnt vote or voted to get into bed with these people. You have no right to make demands now.

Suck it up. You were warned.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 6:08]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Contradiction in the fans on 09:48 - Nov 7 with 1696 viewswhiterock

Contradiction in the fans on 06:02 - Nov 7 by E20Jack

Yep, if you didn't make this thread then I was going to. So this in bucketloads is my comment.

I was going to say that if you asked everyone who is chanting this after the game, "who do you think that chant is aimed at?" You would get so many different answers it would be embarrassing.

1) if you want the club back then you are stating you either want the old directors back (the greedy bastards you want out of the club) or you want it back in "supporter hands".

2) assuming we all see how ridiculous scenario 1 is, that leaves us wanting it back in supporter hands. By that, we must mean the only supporter organisation out there... The Trust.

3) on the recent Trust vote, the vote to 'take the deal' was voted for by the fans. Meaning we now in all likelihood will never be able to get sufficient money to be able to take over the club.

4) stop hiding behind this "investment" and "next level" bollox. We have spent what we earned and cut cloth accordingly, as we always have. The next level comments were not aimed at on pitch activities - but revenue off it as FFP comes in to play with costs spiralling. This was obvious even the week he said it and was also said on here. Those that decided to take it as meaning european football and external investment were either amazingly naive or accepted it knowing they could then cry foul if it went wrong.

5) I have heard many saying "why dont they put their hands in their pockets and invest?" and those same people also say "i bet they will take massive loans out in the clubs name leaving us a mess". Those two statements conflict. Any investment will be in the form of a loan. Investment is something we absolutely DO NOT want. Why people keep calling for it or throwing their toys out of the pram that we are not getting it is beyond my level of comprehension.

6) YOU had the power to change all of this by voting litigation. As soon as the Yanks took over the club priorities should have turned to acquiring as much money as possible to break the venture capitalist owner chain we are now unfortunately clearly on and become fan owned once more with as little damage done to the club as possible. You either didnt vote or voted to get into bed with these people. You have no right to make demands now.

Fair post, I don’t think the Trust could have built up enough in the short space of time, the appetite wasn’t there. I’d also like to add that investment will mean that we’re indebted, when we, as a club, have always lived within our means, there must be 20/25 million surplus, we need to box clever and spend that wisely in January. NO INVESTMENT NEEDED
Contradiction in the fans on 09:59 - Nov 7 with 1684 viewswhiterock

Contradiction in the fans on 03:47 - Nov 7 by LeonWasGod

Sorry, I meant who as in the type of people, rather than individuals. But that's a good point regarding the lack of transparency. I can only assume that having been pulled up short once by the Trust they were keen to progress asap and not worry too much about the details.

I doubt there was any due diligence done on owners, the sell outs couldn’t take the risk of the Trust digging again, that’s the crux of it
Contradiction in the fans on 16:37 - Nov 7 with 1617 viewsTheResurrection

Superb post.

Why isn't it being discussed?

Contradiction in the fans on 17:13 - Nov 7 with 1597 viewscostalotta

Good post.

Your not wrong either on the litigation vote, so yes, those that voted against suck it up.

However, given the way the Trust have operated and would you really want the club run by these people? I know their fans but really? They cannot even run the Trust.
Contradiction in the fans on 17:19 - Nov 7 with 1591 viewsE20Jack

I would assume if the Trust acquired a majority shareholding then they would employ a professional and pay the going rate for a Premier League CEO for day to day running of the club. The Trust would just be a vessel to acquire and then maintain the shares by employing the right people.

I most certainly would not want them running the club themselves, no.

Contradiction in the fans on 18:29 - Nov 7 with 1555 viewsE20Jack

Contradiction in the fans on 16:37 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

Superb post.

Why isn't it being discussed?

Makes people feel uneasy mate. Better to kick and scream and blame others.

Contradiction in the fans on 20:22 - Nov 7 with 1508 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 18:29 - Nov 7 by E20Jack

Makes people feel uneasy mate. Better to kick and scream and blame others.

Most literally don't know whether they're coming or going.

There isn't one thread on here without someone chirping away at Jenkins. What is the point? Get out of our club, we want our club back, we want Jenkins out but what he gave us before. We want our club with supporters running it, they're not supporters any more, they are sell outs, we want the Trust then, oh no, they are beyond useless.

What do we want then???? Fack knows, but let's just shout and scream and stay bitter our whole lives.... WE WANT TO BE ANGRY....

WHY???

BECAUSE 7 SEASONS IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS CRAP.

WE WANT THE WORLD CUP ON A STICK, OR JENKINS HEAD, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. ...

WE WANT A FACKING BRAIN CELL.

Contradiction in the fans on 20:26 - Nov 7 with 1500 viewsNeathJack

Contradiction in the fans on 20:22 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

Most literally don't know whether they're coming or going.

There isn't one thread on here without someone chirping away at Jenkins. What is the point? Get out of our club, we want our club back, we want Jenkins out but what he gave us before. We want our club with supporters running it, they're not supporters any more, they are sell outs, we want the Trust then, oh no, they are beyond useless.

What do we want then???? Fack knows, but let's just shout and scream and stay bitter our whole lives.... WE WANT TO BE ANGRY....

WHY???

BECAUSE 7 SEASONS IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE IS CRAP.

WE WANT THE WORLD CUP ON A STICK, OR JENKINS HEAD, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST. ...

WE WANT A FACKING BRAIN CELL.

So to clarify, you want Jenkins to stay in post rather than be removed and replaced with a new Director of Football?
Contradiction in the fans on 20:37 - Nov 7 with 1487 viewsWingstandwood

Contradiction in the fans on 20:26 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

So to clarify, you want Jenkins to stay in post rather than be removed and replaced with a new Director of Football?

In the same way a school teacher has to confiscate a sharp pair of scissors from a rather unsuitable type of child?

The same has to happen with the most insane D.O.F (self) appointment in history. He should have his power to p#ss tens of millions down the drain confiscated ASAP..... This self-appointed shoe-in makes the Bob Bradley appointment look a masterstroke by comparrison!

Argus!

Contradiction in the fans on 21:03 - Nov 7 with 1462 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 20:26 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

Who would appoint said DoF, what would his remit be and who he report to?

Would he recruiting players for future managers?

With a gun to my head over that choice I would still probably want the guy that appointed Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup.

In fact I personally felt he had done that with Clement. I did as well, but it's not turning out that way, but as bad as he is now and as much as he now needs to go, nobody can say Clement was a bad appointment.

Jenkins needs to come up with another masterstroke and those managers are out there, every league is littered with little gems, he needs to find one and soon.

Then, there's a better than average chance we'll see a huge improvement and fans can park up their childish insults and pathetic behaviour.

That's all it would take to turn us around.

Contradiction in the fans on 21:07 - Nov 7 with 1448 viewsDarran

Contradiction in the fans on 21:03 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

With a gun to my head over that choice I would still probably want the guy that appointed Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup.

In fact I personally felt he had done that with Clement. I did as well, but it's not turning out that way, but as bad as he is now and as much as he now needs to go, nobody can say Clement was a bad appointment.

Jenkins needs to come up with another masterstroke and those managers are out there, every league is littered with little gems, he needs to find one and soon.

Then, there's a better than average chance we'll see a huge improvement and fans can park up their childish insults and pathetic behaviour.

You wanted Jenkins gone the summer before he appointed Rodgers let alone Laudrup.
You know your stuff see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Contradiction in the fans on 21:09 - Nov 7 with 1446 viewsNeathJack

Contradiction in the fans on 21:03 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

So your preference is for Jenkins to stay.

It's your opinion of course and one you're perfectly entitled to, but I have to say I find that mind boggling.

Any newly appointed DoF would of course report to the majority shareholders, as Jenkins does now, and they I imagine would either directly appoint him, or more likely imho, appoint a headhunter to source the new DoF.

The current situation with Jenkins in post is, as far as I'm concerned, unsustainable.
Contradiction in the fans on 21:11 - Nov 7 with 1441 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:07 - Nov 7 by Darran

You wanted Jenkins gone the summer before he appointed Rodgers let alone Laudrup.
You know your stuff see.

I did, after the Sousa episode, you are quite right.

That was then. I voted Tory back then as well.

Have you got a point by the way?

Are you the Box Office's biggest fan by way?

Contradiction in the fans on 21:14 - Nov 7 with 1431 viewsDarran

Contradiction in the fans on 21:11 - Nov 7 by TheResurrection

I did, after the Sousa episode, you are quite right.

That was then. I voted Tory back then as well.

Have you got a point by the way?

Are you the Box Office's biggest fan by way?

Yes I love you.

Seriously though people keep saying be careful what you wish for but Jenkins won’t be here forever so what happens to the club when he eventually goes,does it fold or something?
He should go now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Contradiction in the fans on 21:18 - Nov 7 with 1426 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:09 - Nov 7 by NeathJack

So your preference is for Jenkins to stay.

It's your opinion of course and one you're perfectly entitled to, but I have to say I find that mind boggling.

Any newly appointed DoF would of course report to the majority shareholders, as Jenkins does now, and they I imagine would either directly appoint him, or more likely imho, appoint a headhunter to source the new DoF.

The current situation with Jenkins in post is, as far as I'm concerned, unsustainable.

Well yes, but you're another one that cant see past your own nose on occasions.

You're asking for the Americans to find the right DoF and then for that random appointment to report back to them - rookie USA money men.

Blind leading the blind.

Far better would be for Jenkins to properly review what went better for us in the past, turn the clock back a bit and recruit a manager that would get us playing again, believing in ourselves again and have a strong opinion on philosophy, DNA, or whatever they may want to call it and the right players to adopt this ethos.

Wagner at Huddersfield did this for them
Marco Silva now at Watford is doing the same
Poch when he came over did it
Martinez
Rodgers
Laudrup

These managers are out there and the best person to stop and think and get back to basics is Jenkins, i'm afraid to tall you.

That's an opinion, you are right, but it's the correct one and best hope, no matter how childish fans want to keep getting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024