Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contradiction in the fans 07:29 - Nov 6 with 11697 viewsJFSwan

"We want our club back "

"Greedy b**stards, get out of our club "

Surely getting the club back to where it was would involve the sell outs remaining as they are what made it ?

I am still not sure where to direct my anger at the minute.

Players - not putting in the effort .......
but Clement picks the players .....
but still only has what is given to him....
by Huw Jenkins .......who is only here because the Americans no nothing about football......
who are here because the previous shareholders sold out.

Contradiction in the fans on 13:51 - Nov 8 with 1694 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 13:30 - Nov 8 by costalotta

You're a funny guy! Sometimes.

Hyperbole! Meetings, Work! Is that really what you think? You've clearly not got a clue fella!

'Words that mean jack shit' That or an attempt at insults is your usual response when you don't like when some disagrees with you or you don't get it? But hey ho, you are seen coming from a mile off!

On the one hand you say do your research and next thing you asking me for an example. For one who tries to demonstrate that you know so much you don't half do the opposite. You do some fecking research your self, or try and get them brain cells to engage and perhaps use your memory, if you got one. You never know you might remember something useful.

So clearly you haven't got the faintest fack what you're talking about and can't even think of one occasion of succession planning..

But hey, I thought not. It was an easy win for me and you coming back with your own weak version of insults has shown you up.

You're chucking mud at a wall and nothing is sticking. You don't know what went on in the Summer but it hasn't stopped you spouting off about it.

You're wrong.

Succession plan that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Contradiction in the fans on 14:08 - Nov 8 with 1671 viewslondonlisa2001

Contradiction in the fans on 11:22 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

Incorrect.

It wasn't Jenkins decision.

He wanted to sell long before we did.

Get your facts right.

It's important when you're damning people, especially innocent ones.

This is true. I remember making that point several times when we were going through that saga.

The thing that gets me though Res, is that we don't plan acquisitions to structure a team anymore. We seem to buy players as individuals. That's been the biggest problem since Rodgers and Laudrup.

So, for example, we take an interest in, say a right back. And yet, if our first choice doesn't come off (as you say, that's not our fault necessarily), we don't seem to have a second, third, fourth choice. Instead we then move to buying a player in a completely different position. It's happened a lot recently. This summer reached bizarre levels of that hapenning, where we ended up with a surplus of central midfielders and no width, no full backs and no creatively minded midfielders.

That has to be the fault of Jenkins and the recruitment team. It's the equivalent of me buying 4 pairs of shoes because I like them all and they suit me and my budget, and buying no coat because I can't find the one I want. It's a bugger when I'm trying to get dressed in the morning!
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 14:10]
Contradiction in the fans on 14:08 - Nov 8 with 1670 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 13:51 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

So clearly you haven't got the faintest fack what you're talking about and can't even think of one occasion of succession planning..

But hey, I thought not. It was an easy win for me and you coming back with your own weak version of insults has shown you up.

You're chucking mud at a wall and nothing is sticking. You don't know what went on in the Summer but it hasn't stopped you spouting off about it.

You're wrong.

Succession plan that.

Hahahaha. What insult?

So we didn't spend quite some time scouting players have a pretty good idea who would replace who in the event of loosing/selling players?

Or, if we'd loose a manager we didn't know who we'd approach or like to talk to?

Even the basic things like building a squad of players so that each position is covered?

Who will succeed who?

If the club was to suffer a catastrophic event for example relegation we did have plans to deal with that.

The club used to talk about how well run it was and that it was based on those principles (and more) listed above. We'd always know our next step, right? Succession planning.

You appear to be have been sold a line and believe it 100%, Good for you!
Contradiction in the fans on 14:20 - Nov 8 with 1652 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 14:08 - Nov 8 by londonlisa2001

This is true. I remember making that point several times when we were going through that saga.

The thing that gets me though Res, is that we don't plan acquisitions to structure a team anymore. We seem to buy players as individuals. That's been the biggest problem since Rodgers and Laudrup.

So, for example, we take an interest in, say a right back. And yet, if our first choice doesn't come off (as you say, that's not our fault necessarily), we don't seem to have a second, third, fourth choice. Instead we then move to buying a player in a completely different position. It's happened a lot recently. This summer reached bizarre levels of that hapenning, where we ended up with a surplus of central midfielders and no width, no full backs and no creatively minded midfielders.

That has to be the fault of Jenkins and the recruitment team. It's the equivalent of me buying 4 pairs of shoes because I like them all and they suit me and my budget, and buying no coat because I can't find the one I want. It's a bugger when I'm trying to get dressed in the morning!

Indeed.
Contradiction in the fans on 14:24 - Nov 8 with 1635 viewswaynekerr55

Unless you're an octopus, of which you clearly aren't

Jenkins should be chairman and nothing else. Leadbetter et al. should be shown the door and a proper team should be put in place.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Contradiction in the fans on 14:25 - Nov 8 with 1639 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 14:08 - Nov 8 by costalotta

Hahahaha. What insult?

So we didn't spend quite some time scouting players have a pretty good idea who would replace who in the event of loosing/selling players?

Or, if we'd loose a manager we didn't know who we'd approach or like to talk to?

Even the basic things like building a squad of players so that each position is covered?

Who will succeed who?

If the club was to suffer a catastrophic event for example relegation we did have plans to deal with that.

The club used to talk about how well run it was and that it was based on those principles (and more) listed above. We'd always know our next step, right? Succession planning.

So once again you can't give me one single example of succession planning????

I see.......

Just more words floating around your head, around and around and around.....

Not one???

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Contradiction in the fans on 14:26 - Nov 8 with 1635 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 14:20 - Nov 8 by costalotta

Indeed.

Indeed??? HAHA The bit where she says this is true effectively telling you YOU ARE WRONG?!?

Indeed haha

Contradiction in the fans on 14:32 - Nov 8 with 1623 viewsTheResurrection

Well again, we had an interest in two full backs and neither came off. We were almost appealing the Second one so yes we did have a back up option.

But this is the problem you get when.

A) you leave it as late as possible selling Siggy
B) a lot of Club's our size will get when players may want to go somewhere else before us.

Also, Clement is at fault here because he clearly has no clue in the type of player hewants.

People, and him himself, talk about the balance and the glut of central midfield players, but what does he do at the death, goes and gets another one.

It's not easy these windows and when you look back at our recent history you will see a lot of luck in transfers, both good and bad luck.

Login to get fewer ads

Contradiction in the fans on 14:33 - Nov 8 with 1622 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 14:25 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

So once again you can't give me one single example of succession planning????

I see.......

Just more words floating around your head, around and around and around.....

Not one???

We've must have now gone into a parallel universe called Res(cue me) where you can make it up as you along.

Fella, there maybe words floating round in my head but god knows what the feck is floating around in yours.

I think this one is best left right here.
Contradiction in the fans on 14:34 - Nov 8 with 1617 viewspencoedjack

Contradiction in the fans on 14:08 - Nov 8 by costalotta

Hahahaha. What insult?

Who will succeed who?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21647609

We wouldn't be doing our jobs if we didn't have some idea of who... will suit Swansea City,"

Jenkins told BBC Radio Wales' Back Page programme: "Our job is always to be on the lookout for players and watch other teams playing, and in that context different managers as well.

"So you're always aware of what's going on around Britain and Europe."

How times change !!!!
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 14:38]
Contradiction in the fans on 14:39 - Nov 8 with 1614 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 14:26 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

Indeed??? HAHA The bit where she says this is true effectively telling you YOU ARE WRONG?!?

Indeed haha

er....

I was agreeing with the succession planning element, you know the bit about targets.

The bit that Jenkins was responsible for as DOF.
Contradiction in the fans on 14:40 - Nov 8 with 1612 viewscostalotta

Contradiction in the fans on 14:34 - Nov 8 by pencoedjack

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21647609

We wouldn't be doing our jobs if we didn't have some idea of who... will suit Swansea City,"

Jenkins told BBC Radio Wales' Back Page programme: "Our job is always to be on the lookout for players and watch other teams playing, and in that context different managers as well.

"So you're always aware of what's going on around Britain and Europe."

How times change !!!!
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 14:38]

Thank you.

edit: Just to add. We used to, when we were run properly.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2017 14:41]
Contradiction in the fans on 14:57 - Nov 8 with 1586 viewslondonlisa2001

Contradiction in the fans on 14:32 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

Well again, we had an interest in two full backs and neither came off. We were almost appealing the Second one so yes we did have a back up option.

But this is the problem you get when.

A) you leave it as late as possible selling Siggy
B) a lot of Club's our size will get when players may want to go somewhere else before us.

Also, Clement is at fault here because he clearly has no clue in the type of player hewants.

People, and him himself, talk about the balance and the glut of central midfield players, but what does he do at the death, goes and gets another one.

It's not easy these windows and when you look back at our recent history you will see a lot of luck in transfers, both good and bad luck.

But we've had three years of having right back targets and not one of them has landed. And during that time we've had windows where we make no attempt to buy a right back despite having lost out on one the window before.

This window, Arias didn't want to go elsewhere. He wanted to come to us. And there was plenty of time despite the Siggy delay for us to get that done. Clement thought it was done when he let Kingsley go as part od the Clucas deal. Arias was supposed to come in, leaving Naughton as cover for Arias and Olsson. Jenkins didn't get it done. And then left it too late to even bring in a loan from the championship, because we didn't fill in a form correctly.

Just that one cock up with Yiadom and McBurnie would lead to a CEO earning over half a million quid lose his job Res in virtually every other business. We finished Saturday's game with Routs playing right back!
Contradiction in the fans on 17:39 - Nov 8 with 1524 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 14:33 - Nov 8 by costalotta

We've must have now gone into a parallel universe called Res(cue me) where you can make it up as you along.

Fella, there maybe words floating round in my head but god knows what the feck is floating around in yours.

I think this one is best left right here.

So still not one single example of succession planning you can show me?

And I'm not interested in articles where we've fancifully talked about it but in reality?

Come on......

Contradiction in the fans on 17:50 - Nov 8 with 1515 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 14:57 - Nov 8 by londonlisa2001

But we've had three years of having right back targets and not one of them has landed. And during that time we've had windows where we make no attempt to buy a right back despite having lost out on one the window before.

This window, Arias didn't want to go elsewhere. He wanted to come to us. And there was plenty of time despite the Siggy delay for us to get that done. Clement thought it was done when he let Kingsley go as part od the Clucas deal. Arias was supposed to come in, leaving Naughton as cover for Arias and Olsson. Jenkins didn't get it done. And then left it too late to even bring in a loan from the championship, because we didn't fill in a form correctly.

Just that one cock up with Yiadom and McBurnie would lead to a CEO earning over half a million quid lose his job Res in virtually every other business. We finished Saturday's game with Routs playing right back!

3 years of right back targets? Dating back to 2014 then?

So before Naughton then? Didn't he "land"?

No attempts to sign anyone during that time apart from Naughton then?

Also bearing in mind Rangel was still playing regularly and very able back up til recently that makes your statement even more bizarre.

Do you know why exactly Arias didn't come? Because unless you do you shouldn't be making rash comments.

And please don't compare CEO roles in football to anywhere else, that's just laughable.

Contradiction in the fans on 19:25 - Nov 8 with 1481 viewswaynekerr55

Contradiction in the fans on 17:50 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

3 years of right back targets? Dating back to 2014 then?

So before Naughton then? Didn't he "land"?

No attempts to sign anyone during that time apart from Naughton then?

Also bearing in mind Rangel was still playing regularly and very able back up til recently that makes your statement even more bizarre.

Do you know why exactly Arias didn't come? Because unless you do you shouldn't be making rash comments.

And please don't compare CEO roles in football to anywhere else, that's just laughable.

Mr Res I love your passion and how you're not afraid to voice your opinion, however we have to start comparing CEO roles. We have a Chair whose decisions are costing our business millions of pounds in wasted fees, severance pay etc. It is a £100m turnover business, not an amateur club.

*ducks for cover

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Contradiction in the fans on 19:38 - Nov 8 with 1470 viewsdobjack2

Contradiction in the fans on 08:09 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

Lots of club's have difficult windows, even when you spend an absolute fortune it guarantees nothing.

You're acting like a little girl thinking you could run a premier league club better than people that have been doing it for nigh on a decade. Think about how stupid you sound.

And why do you think the window just gone didn't go to plan, who's fault do you think that was?

Because I can give you a bit of insight there and tell you now, it wasn't Jenkins......

You have become an apologist for Jenkins.

What do you get in return? tit bits of information so that you can act the big man on an Internet forum.

#sellout
Contradiction in the fans on 20:30 - Nov 8 with 1429 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 19:25 - Nov 8 by waynekerr55

Mr Res I love your passion and how you're not afraid to voice your opinion, however we have to start comparing CEO roles. We have a Chair whose decisions are costing our business millions of pounds in wasted fees, severance pay etc. It is a £100m turnover business, not an amateur club.

*ducks for cover

It's not his decisions, solely. It's a process involving a number of personnel at the Club. He doesn't do the scouting, does do the analytics but is very much involved.

It's not as simple as bad signing - Jenkins fault, good signing - should be expected

Too many posters are pointing their fingers of blame based on very little knowledge. It doesn't stop them passing stuff off as if it's gospel, however. This is wrong.

Nobody knew Michu was going to be a success. Yet people kinda expect this sort of signing should be happening every season, these couple of million pound players from the continent are banging on the door to be signed. People also think it's as easy as hiring some random agent and that will be the answer to all our troubles. Laudrup brought one or two gems in his first season, but not so in the second.

There is no magic bullet out there no matter how many people seem to think they know everything and the way to put things right. This is misguided arrogance at its worst.

We should be doing this
We should be doing that
We used to do this
We didn't used to do that

Mistakes will happen in football management. Every single Club is littered with them every single season.

Contradiction in the fans on 20:33 - Nov 8 with 1424 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 19:38 - Nov 8 by dobjack2

You have become an apologist for Jenkins.

What do you get in return? tit bits of information so that you can act the big man on an Internet forum.

#sellout

I hate the masses picking on one bloke.

Bullying, name calling, ganging up. No matter what's gone on before, that's just nasty.

Also, the vast majority of what posters are saying is untrue, unrealistic and borderline nonsense.

The balance has needed addressing for some time. Clowns like you need putting back in their box.

Contradiction in the fans on 21:16 - Nov 8 with 1377 viewsdobjack2

Contradiction in the fans on 20:33 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

I hate the masses picking on one bloke.

Bullying, name calling, ganging up. No matter what's gone on before, that's just nasty.

Also, the vast majority of what posters are saying is untrue, unrealistic and borderline nonsense.

The balance has needed addressing for some time. Clowns like you need putting back in their box.

possibly your funniest ever post: The biggest bully and namecaller on the site doesn’t like name calling and ganging up.

Yet that is exactly what you do in your post.
Contradiction in the fans on 22:06 - Nov 8 with 1351 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 21:16 - Nov 8 by dobjack2

possibly your funniest ever post: The biggest bully and namecaller on the site doesn’t like name calling and ganging up.

Yet that is exactly what you do in your post.

You have never or will see me ganging up with any clique or whatever and hounding anyone.

I'm on the receiving end of it in thread after thread, but it's never the other way around. I fight my battles on my own.

Just look at the dicks in this thread, says it all.

Contradiction in the fans on 22:11 - Nov 8 with 1339 viewsJackfath

Contradiction in the fans on 22:06 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

You have never or will see me ganging up with any clique or whatever and hounding anyone.

I'm on the receiving end of it in thread after thread, but it's never the other way around. I fight my battles on my own.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Contradiction in the fans on 22:13 - Nov 8 with 1334 viewswhoflungdung

I feel like Chris.

Alone, isolated and right

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Contradiction in the fans on 22:20 - Nov 8 with 1317 viewsDarran

Contradiction in the fans on 22:06 - Nov 8 by TheResurrection

I haven’t slept for three days because I was so upset after you told me to wheel off this site on Monday.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Contradiction in the fans on 22:42 - Nov 8 with 1289 viewsTheResurrection

Contradiction in the fans on 22:20 - Nov 8 by Darran

I haven’t slept for three days because I was so upset after you told me to wheel off this site on Monday.

Seriously?

Keep on wheeling!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024