Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maxwell Hicks 21:22 - Nov 9 with 6491 viewsDr_Winston

Nails it for me. Concur with almost every word.

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2017/11/09/swans-0-brighton-1/

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Maxwell Hicks on 09:29 - Nov 10 with 2487 viewsSTID2017

Maxwell Hicks on 22:52 - Nov 9 by Al_Bundy

How anybody can claim we are have a mid table squad obviously knows feck all about football.

Anybody can play 10 men defensive football and claim they competed

Truth is Clement has no confidence in the squad to play expansive football as he know's full well we'll get shredded and trashed by half time if he did.

Virtually the same players we have seen over the last few weeks kept us up last season.
They have not become bad players, and in addition we have Abraham who will in all probability get his first England cap tonight.
Any manager with a bit of guts and attacking flair would get the players playing with some self belief again.
Clement's time is up.
Excellent balanced article BTW

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Maxwell Hicks on 09:32 - Nov 10 with 2477 viewswhoflungdung

It is a good fair article but Jenkins is the one who should and hasn't sacked Clement so we can move on.

People question Jenkin s judgement and ability and that s fair too

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Maxwell Hicks on 09:33 - Nov 10 with 2477 viewsSTID2017

Maxwell Hicks on 23:43 - Nov 9 by TheResurrection

Not true on many levels.

If anyone can't see this is a better squad of players to last season they should give up now.

As Max said, we've removed our set pieces from last season. Set facking pieces, like. For the first 3 years in this league we never used to bother with them, we'd play it from any free kick no matter where it was. Now that was a team even worse pound for pound ability wise to this season but they had the belief and confidence drummed into them by managers who would allow them to play, allow them to make the oddmistake and allow them to express themselves a bit more.

Clement doesn't coach like that, same as Monk. They want us to play better without the facking ball, not with it. He was the same at Derby so there's history.

Cast your mind back to the first 5 minutes of last week. If it wasn't for a superb defensive block from their centre half that would have been us rolling back the years in a scintillating one touch, fast and free flowing move. These players can play the game of football and more chance they'd have of that if they didn't have Clements instructions buzzing around their head to get back into shape, shape, shape....

These new managers who have gone on these courses and got their badges are all the same.

We need someone with a feel for the game and its beautiful nuances, not one that strangles the spreadsheets out of it.

Quite right about the beginning of last week's game.
That type of flowing movement has been all to rare this season, and will continue to be while PC is in charge.
He did a brilliant job keeping us up last season, but he's lost his way

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Maxwell Hicks on 09:52 - Nov 10 with 2458 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Not true on many levels.

If anyone can't see this is a better squad of players to last season they should give up now.

As Max said, we've removed our set pieces from last season. Set facking pieces, like. For the first 3 years in this league we never used to bother with them, we'd play it from any free kick no matter where it was. Now that was a team even worse pound for pound ability wise to this season but they had the belief and confidence drummed into them by managers who would allow them to play, allow them to make the oddmistake and allow them to express themselves a bit more.

Clement doesn't coach like that, same as Monk. They want us to play better without the facking ball, not with it. He was the same at Derby so there's history.

Cast your mind back to the first 5 minutes of last week. If it wasn't for a superb defensive block from their centre half that would have been us rolling back the years in a scintillating one touch, fast and free flowing move. These players can play the game of football and more chance they'd have of that if they didn't have Clements instructions buzzing around their head to get back into shape, shape, shape....

These new managers who have gone on these courses and got their badges are all the same.

We need someone with a feel for the game and its beautiful nuances, not one that strangles the spreadsheets out of it.

Completely agree,

They now over coach the coaches the way that players can have the feel for the game coaches out of them

No inspiration, no motivation, no confidence

As the res said, when we actually play off the cuff we prove in very small doses that the players can do it

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Maxwell Hicks on 10:20 - Nov 10 with 2415 viewsTheResurrection

Maxwell Hicks on 09:52 - Nov 10 by PatchesOHoulihan

Completely agree,

They now over coach the coaches the way that players can have the feel for the game coaches out of them

No inspiration, no motivation, no confidence

As the res said, when we actually play off the cuff we prove in very small doses that the players can do it

There is no pass and move in the world of Clement.

It's pass and keep shape.

Dull fans have a go at some players who literally get stuck with the ball and zero on.

No one has moved away from their rigid positions to find the space to receive the ball, we are playing with our hands tied behind our back.

A team has to open up a bit to do this. You pass, you're on the go, you get it back, you go to space again. Fluency...

There isn't much of this on show. It forces players like Ayew to keep hold of it for far too long. Why isn't someone coaching him not to do that. I don't know how many times a quick pass and move would've suited times when Ayew has been loitering on the ball. One touch passing, the odd flick and turn, a cheeky back heel in the right areas, god forbid.

Until we see this very squad with a new mentality and vision we will never know the true potential.

This comes from one man.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Maxwell Hicks on 10:29 - Nov 10 with 2400 viewsLoyal

Maxwell Hicks on 22:07 - Nov 9 by monmouth

Keep pumping away until you feel the old death rattle?

Listen mate she was only 76 And I'm not a doctor. That cracked hip could happen to anyone and her insistence on no butter at the start was crucial.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Maxwell Hicks on 10:30 - Nov 10 with 2399 viewsDarran

Maxwell Hicks on 10:20 - Nov 10 by TheResurrection

There is no pass and move in the world of Clement.

It's pass and keep shape.

Dull fans have a go at some players who literally get stuck with the ball and zero on.

No one has moved away from their rigid positions to find the space to receive the ball, we are playing with our hands tied behind our back.

A team has to open up a bit to do this. You pass, you're on the go, you get it back, you go to space again. Fluency...

There isn't much of this on show. It forces players like Ayew to keep hold of it for far too long. Why isn't someone coaching him not to do that. I don't know how many times a quick pass and move would've suited times when Ayew has been loitering on the ball. One touch passing, the odd flick and turn, a cheeky back heel in the right areas, god forbid.

Until we see this very squad with a new mentality and vision we will never know the true potential.

This comes from one man.

I agree with this. Carroll was getting some terrible shit for passing backwards last game but who’s he supposed to pass forwards to if nobody’s moving or making a run?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Maxwell Hicks on 10:34 - Nov 10 with 2388 viewsLoyal

Maxwell Hicks on 07:47 - Nov 10 by WarwickHunt

Good point - no width, pace or creativity...

Jenkins will still be wánking over Chadli when we're in L1. Nobody else out there, see.

Seriously, WTF does our "scouting team" do all fûcking day?

We don't have one just numerous people signing young players.
The scouting team is Jenkins and agents he employs.
But we have been here before.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Maxwell Hicks on 13:05 - Nov 10 with 2324 viewsBloodyhills

How anybody can claim we are have a mid table squad obviously knows feck all about football.

Truth is Clement has no confidence in the squad to play expansive football as he know's full well we'll get shredded and trashed by half time if he did.

The truth is that Clement could have a whole load of creative attacking players and he would set them up like players in table football, little movement possible- only from side to side and even a table football team has more width than teams Clements sets up. Derby fans' comments about Clement are very similar to a lot of Swansea fans, safety first, stifling football where keeping shape trumps everything else.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Maxwell Hicks on 13:46 - Nov 10 with 2293 viewsFlashberryjack

Maxwell Hicks on 10:30 - Nov 10 by Darran

I agree with this. Carroll was getting some terrible shit for passing backwards last game but who’s he supposed to pass forwards to if nobody’s moving or making a run?

Well he could start by passing it to one of our players......static or not.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Maxwell Hicks (n/t) on 14:09 - Nov 10 with 2277 viewsDafyddHuw

Clement wouldn't play expansive football if he has a team full of Messis. It's not in his DNA.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2017 14:10]
Maxwell Hicks on 21:28 - Nov 10 with 2151 viewsAl_Bundy

Lots of quotes about having a better squad than last season. The question is have we got a mid-table squad currently? is there really 8 or 9 teams in this league with weaker squads than ours?
Maxwell Hicks on 09:28 - Nov 11 with 2106 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Not true on many levels.

We've got now the worst team to pull on Swans jerseys in 7 seasons of premier league football. I know, I've been to games and watched them all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Maxwell Hicks on 09:31 - Nov 11 with 2105 viewsDr_Winston

Maxwell Hicks on 09:28 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

We've got now the worst team to pull on Swans jerseys in 7 seasons of premier league football. I know, I've been to games and watched them all.

We've got a side utterly bereft of confidence and a workable game plan. We're not short of talent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Maxwell Hicks on 09:37 - Nov 11 with 2098 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Maxwell Hicks on 09:31 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

We've got a side utterly bereft of confidence and a workable game plan. We're not short of talent.

I'm not sure that this side has the ability as it stands to play Rodgers football, and it certainly not able to play Laudrups football. Would have like to have seen Abraham ahead of that creativity though I must say.

Maxwell Hicks on 09:56 - Nov 11 with 2089 viewsDr_Winston

Maxwell Hicks on 09:37 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm not sure that this side has the ability as it stands to play Rodgers football, and it certainly not able to play Laudrups football. Would have like to have seen Abraham ahead of that creativity though I must say.

If Mark Gower could play Rodgers football, then for f*cking sure Mesa, Ki, Fer, Clucas and most others could, if properly coached to do so.

Maxwell Hicks on 10:03 - Nov 11 with 2080 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Maxwell Hicks on 09:56 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

If Mark Gower could play Rodgers football, then for f*cking sure Mesa, Ki, Fer, Clucas and most others could, if properly coached to do so.

Some like Mesa and Ki have the ability yes but as for Fer, Clucas, Carroll I'd say no. Not every footballer has the ability or the brains to play that kind of football Dr W.
You can't say for instance that Fer or Carroll could be as effective as Jonathan DeGuzman was in Laudrups set up. Actually I'll take Ki back as he never truly fancied him as a player.

Maxwell Hicks on 10:20 - Nov 11 with 2070 viewsDr_Winston

Maxwell Hicks on 10:03 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Some like Mesa and Ki have the ability yes but as for Fer, Clucas, Carroll I'd say no. Not every footballer has the ability or the brains to play that kind of football Dr W.
You can't say for instance that Fer or Carroll could be as effective as Jonathan DeGuzman was in Laudrups set up. Actually I'll take Ki back as he never truly fancied him as a player.

Rodgers football was not Laudrup football.

Rodgers was a lot more cautious. Until we brought Siggy in to play the AM role we weren't always fun to watch for periods of that first season in the Prem. Likewise the season before. If Rodgers had gone for Stephen Dobbie in that attacking midfield role from the start of the season we'd have won the division IMO.

Under Rodgers we were effective, often winning, but nowhere near as cavalier, attacking and downright exhilarating as Laudrup made us during the Centenary year, but Laudrup wouldn't have been able to do that without the groundwork that Brendan put in.

We're going to have to go back to Rodgers before we can advance to Laudrup, and there's no reason why we can't do that with what we have.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Maxwell Hicks on 10:42 - Nov 11 with 2054 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Maxwell Hicks on 10:20 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

Rodgers football was not Laudrup football.

Rodgers was a lot more cautious. Until we brought Siggy in to play the AM role we weren't always fun to watch for periods of that first season in the Prem. Likewise the season before. If Rodgers had gone for Stephen Dobbie in that attacking midfield role from the start of the season we'd have won the division IMO.

Under Rodgers we were effective, often winning, but nowhere near as cavalier, attacking and downright exhilarating as Laudrup made us during the Centenary year, but Laudrup wouldn't have been able to do that without the groundwork that Brendan put in.

We're going to have to go back to Rodgers before we can advance to Laudrup, and there's no reason why we can't do that with what we have.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I know, the two styles were completely different. My point still stands that neither Clucas nor Fer have the ability to play well in either system. Carroll could have a bit of Joe Allen in him and might fit a Rodgers side though in fairness.
Going back to Mark Gower and also the likes of Luke Moore, both sound technical players who did well in Rodgers system.

Maxwell Hicks on 10:51 - Nov 11 with 2042 viewsDr_Winston

Maxwell Hicks on 10:42 - Nov 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I know, the two styles were completely different. My point still stands that neither Clucas nor Fer have the ability to play well in either system. Carroll could have a bit of Joe Allen in him and might fit a Rodgers side though in fairness.
Going back to Mark Gower and also the likes of Luke Moore, both sound technical players who did well in Rodgers system.

Gower wasn't a very good player who through savvy coaching and tactical nous adequately filled a role in a system that could accommodate him. We have much better players than him now who are being made to look worse.

Maxwell Hicks on 18:22 - Nov 11 with 1980 viewsPrivate_Partz

Maxwell Hicks on 10:51 - Nov 11 by Dr_Winston

Gower wasn't a very good player who through savvy coaching and tactical nous adequately filled a role in a system that could accommodate him. We have much better players than him now who are being made to look worse.

I really don't think changing the Coach is going to suddenly get us playing an expansive pass and move game.
This squad was assembled late, the full back situations were not addressed and the small squad has been devastated by injury. We have lost our top play maker and goal scorer and Bony is now looking a riskier bet by the day.
Things could improve. Maybe the injury situation will sort itself out. Maybe Bony will come good, and Sanches will get up to speed in time.
The problem for me is this poor and late window, coupled with the injuries, may have done for us regardless.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2017 18:23]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024