Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maxwell Hicks 21:22 - Nov 9 with 6486 viewsDr_Winston

Nails it for me. Concur with almost every word.

http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2017/11/09/swans-0-brighton-1/

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Maxwell Hicks on 21:30 - Nov 9 with 3964 viewsDarran

I read that this morning after you replied to it on twitter and it would only be nailed if Clement was in control of who comes in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Maxwell Hicks on 21:36 - Nov 9 with 3934 viewsGaryjack

Maxwell Hicks on 21:30 - Nov 9 by Darran

I read that this morning after you replied to it on twitter and it would only be nailed if Clement was in control of who comes in.

Clement has not only been able to negotiate transfers like Abraham, Sanches etc, he also has the final say on whether we sign players who are offered to him. And that is a fact.
Maxwell Hicks on 21:37 - Nov 9 with 3935 viewsDarran

Maxwell Hicks on 21:36 - Nov 9 by Garyjack

Clement has not only been able to negotiate transfers like Abraham, Sanches etc, he also has the final say on whether we sign players who are offered to him. And that is a fact.

And I don’t believe a word of it.

Maxwell Hicks on 21:38 - Nov 9 with 3937 viewsDr_Winston

Concur.

No manager (save maybe Wenger) has total control over the players they sign any more. Clement has had far more involvement over who we bring in than most of his recent predecessors.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Maxwell Hicks on 21:38 - Nov 9 with 3918 viewsGaryjack

Maxwell Hicks on 21:37 - Nov 9 by Darran

And I don’t believe a word of it.

Up to you Daz.
Maxwell Hicks on 21:40 - Nov 9 with 3916 viewsGowerjack

The man is spot on.

Clement ain't good enough.

And neither is that odious c unt Jenkins.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Maxwell Hicks on 21:42 - Nov 9 with 3896 viewsDarran

Maxwell Hicks on 21:38 - Nov 9 by Garyjack

Up to you Daz.

You’ll never get me to agree.

Maxwell Hicks on 22:05 - Nov 9 with 3828 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A very astute assessment of the hole we find ourselves in, which PC is continuing to dig.
You know what they say about being in a hole.
Login to get fewer ads

Maxwell Hicks on 22:07 - Nov 9 with 3823 viewsmonmouth

Maxwell Hicks on 22:05 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

A very astute assessment of the hole we find ourselves in, which PC is continuing to dig.
You know what they say about being in a hole.

Keep pumping away until you feel the old death rattle?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Maxwell Hicks on 22:33 - Nov 9 with 3732 viewsTheResurrection

Every Max Hicks piece is spot on, and even when I've challenged him on the odd bit here and there (Siggy at number 10) he is always fair and makes sense.

Top drawer, the lad.

And luckily, this is the type of article that will find it's way to Clement. And hopefully the Club Board.

Clement will probably try and be more attacking in the next game or two if he's still in charge. Well I just get the feeling he might, and we'll see... he's got nothing to lose - we have though and my decision right now would be forget the credit in the bank, get researching for a new gaffer.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Maxwell Hicks on 22:44 - Nov 9 with 3691 viewsEasternJack

Maxwell Hicks on 22:33 - Nov 9 by TheResurrection

Every Max Hicks piece is spot on, and even when I've challenged him on the odd bit here and there (Siggy at number 10) he is always fair and makes sense.

Top drawer, the lad.

And luckily, this is the type of article that will find it's way to Clement. And hopefully the Club Board.

Clement will probably try and be more attacking in the next game or two if he's still in charge. Well I just get the feeling he might, and we'll see... he's got nothing to lose - we have though and my decision right now would be forget the credit in the bank, get researching for a new gaffer.

Based on the way the players are performing I wouldn't be surprised if they're not already searching and the team are aware.

Then again, I remember the post Monk debacle

Either way, Clement has lost his way and lost the team. Shame as I thought he was ideal for us.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Maxwell Hicks on 22:52 - Nov 9 with 3670 viewsAl_Bundy

How anybody can claim we are have a mid table squad obviously knows feck all about football.

Anybody can play 10 men defensive football and claim they competed

Truth is Clement has no confidence in the squad to play expansive football as he know's full well we'll get shredded and trashed by half time if he did.
Maxwell Hicks on 22:59 - Nov 9 with 3646 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Echoes how most of us feel at the moment. I have zero faith right now in PC's ability to come up with an attacking plan or to integrate the new signings effectively.

Mind you, if we played 38 away games each season, we'd probably finish 10th. But we don't, and we won't....

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Maxwell Hicks on 23:01 - Nov 9 with 3634 viewsDr_Winston

Maxwell Hicks on 22:52 - Nov 9 by Al_Bundy

How anybody can claim we are have a mid table squad obviously knows feck all about football.

Truth is Clement has no confidence in the squad to play expansive football as he know's full well we'll get shredded and trashed by half time if he did.

Clement doesn't want to play expansive football. He didn't at Derby and doesn't here.

Maxwell Hicks on 23:13 - Nov 9 with 3604 viewsGaryjack

Maxwell Hicks on 23:01 - Nov 9 by Dr_Winston

Clement doesn't want to play expansive football. He didn't at Derby and doesn't here.

And besides, it wont be long before we end up getting shredded and trashed every game anyway if this shit keeps up. It's down to the losing mentality thingy!
Maxwell Hicks on 23:43 - Nov 9 with 3551 viewsTheResurrection

Not true on many levels.

If anyone can't see this is a better squad of players to last season they should give up now.

As Max said, we've removed our set pieces from last season. Set facking pieces, like. For the first 3 years in this league we never used to bother with them, we'd play it from any free kick no matter where it was. Now that was a team even worse pound for pound ability wise to this season but they had the belief and confidence drummed into them by managers who would allow them to play, allow them to make the oddmistake and allow them to express themselves a bit more.

Clement doesn't coach like that, same as Monk. They want us to play better without the facking ball, not with it. He was the same at Derby so there's history.

Cast your mind back to the first 5 minutes of last week. If it wasn't for a superb defensive block from their centre half that would have been us rolling back the years in a scintillating one touch, fast and free flowing move. These players can play the game of football and more chance they'd have of that if they didn't have Clements instructions buzzing around their head to get back into shape, shape, shape....

These new managers who have gone on these courses and got their badges are all the same.

We need someone with a feel for the game and its beautiful nuances, not one that strangles the spreadsheets out of it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Maxwell Hicks on 00:23 - Nov 10 with 3480 viewsJackFish

Risk-averse is definitely the word to describe Clement. I also think that this is his squad, not signing any wingers or attacking midfielders is definitely right up his street.

Interesting point from the article, I think we scored 14 non set-piece goals in 18 last season, pretty similar to the rate we’re scoring this season (7 in 11).
Maxwell Hicks on 02:45 - Nov 10 with 3416 viewsLeonWasGod

I'd rather have Braxton Hicks than relive last weekend's match.
Maxwell Hicks on 03:03 - Nov 10 with 3409 viewsLeonWasGod

Agree. We've got a mid-table squad if we had an extra 20 goals a season in it. You know, like those two who shan't be named who made the difference to results last season. But as it stands we're not even close.

I like the piece about the midfield - sums up our issues to a tee - far too much instability in the squad with all the changes. Swapping players in and out and swapping their positions and the formation, etc., etc., may work ok when you've got some of the best players to work with, but these guys need all the help to make things as simple as possible. http://www.maxwellhicks.com/2017/10/25/swans-midfield-mess-holds-ki-to-progress/
Maxwell Hicks on 07:47 - Nov 10 with 3288 viewsWarwickHunt

Good point - no width, pace or creativity...

Jenkins will still be wánking over Chadli when we're in L1. Nobody else out there, see.

Seriously, WTF does our "scouting team" do all fûcking day?
Maxwell Hicks on 08:04 - Nov 10 with 3256 viewsDr_Winston

Maxwell Hicks on 07:47 - Nov 10 by WarwickHunt

Good point - no width, pace or creativity...

Jenkins will still be wánking over Chadli when we're in L1. Nobody else out there, see.

Seriously, WTF does our "scouting team" do all fûcking day?

Fills out their mileage claims from trips to Falkirk?

Maxwell Hicks on 08:08 - Nov 10 with 3249 viewsWarwickHunt

Maxwell Hicks on 08:04 - Nov 10 by Dr_Winston

Fills out their mileage claims from trips to Falkirk?

Huw's got the club a deal on a B&B up there, works out cheaper than travelling up all the time.

So much talent, so little time.
Maxwell Hicks on 08:16 - Nov 10 with 3227 viewsWarwickHunt

PC "That creative, attacking player I asked for - what are the options?'
HJ "Chadli"
PC " And?"
HJ "Err...that's it"
PC "Why"
HJ "I like him. He's good, mun. Nice hair too"
PC "Could you explore some other options?
HJ "Fûck off, I'm busy."
PC " OK then, I suppose he'll have to do."
HJ "£28million? Fück off, is it"
Maxwell Hicks on 08:42 - Nov 10 with 3168 viewsmonmouth

Maxwell Hicks on 23:43 - Nov 9 by TheResurrection

Not true on many levels.

If anyone can't see this is a better squad of players to last season they should give up now.

As Max said, we've removed our set pieces from last season. Set facking pieces, like. For the first 3 years in this league we never used to bother with them, we'd play it from any free kick no matter where it was. Now that was a team even worse pound for pound ability wise to this season but they had the belief and confidence drummed into them by managers who would allow them to play, allow them to make the oddmistake and allow them to express themselves a bit more.

Clement doesn't coach like that, same as Monk. They want us to play better without the facking ball, not with it. He was the same at Derby so there's history.

Cast your mind back to the first 5 minutes of last week. If it wasn't for a superb defensive block from their centre half that would have been us rolling back the years in a scintillating one touch, fast and free flowing move. These players can play the game of football and more chance they'd have of that if they didn't have Clements instructions buzzing around their head to get back into shape, shape, shape....

These new managers who have gone on these courses and got their badges are all the same.

We need someone with a feel for the game and its beautiful nuances, not one that strangles the spreadsheets out of it.

No time to post this morning, but just to say I agree with every single word of that, particularly the depressing rise of the badge robots.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Maxwell Hicks on 09:07 - Nov 10 with 3120 viewsTheResurrection

Maxwell Hicks on 08:42 - Nov 10 by monmouth

No time to post this morning, but just to say I agree with every single word of that, particularly the depressing rise of the badge robots.

Nobody wants to talk about the complexities of the game anymore or make actual observations on what they see or might hope for.

All they want to do is make CONTINUAL childish jokes about Jenkins. Every single thread is the same.

Whether you love him or loathe him, and I doubt there's any in the former camp, not every thread or post one makes needs to mention him.

FFS it's bloody immature.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024