Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remoaner,losers . 23:28 - Nov 10 with 2301451 viewspikeypaul

OUT WITH A DEAL EATING OUR CAKE AND LOVING IT suck it up remoaners

And like a typical anti democracy remoaner he decided the will of the people should be ignored the minute the democratic result was in total fecking hypocrite 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Despite it being voted in to law by the commons the spineless two faced remoaner MPs have totally abandoned any morals and decided to ignore the will of the British people.

It will be remembered and no election or referendum will ever be the same again in this country.

The one thing that will come is a massive surge in the popularity of UKIP or a similar party in the future who stand for the 52%.

Happy Days.

[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:13]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Countdown begins. on 10:05 - Sep 26 with 2792 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 09:33 - Sep 26 by Legend83

Watching Labour interviews saves me searching Netflix for a new comedy.

This and Jezza not being able to correctly recall a single one of Labour's 6 tests for Brexit in his interview with Kuensbergg was brilliant viewing.

Tragi-comic.
The Countdown begins. on 10:10 - Sep 26 with 2787 viewsCatullus

Uncomfortable reading for any supporter of the EU,

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/the-fatcat-parliament-how-meps-pocket-a-staggeri

How do we know just what the levels of waste and lack of scrutiny are like elsewhere? If the courts won't let us see what expenses are going on, what is the financial situation across the board?
No wonder the accounts are always wrong. How can any set of accounts be right with so much information missing or spending just waved through with no accountability.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Countdown begins. on 10:18 - Sep 26 with 2780 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 09:49 - Sep 26 by sherpajacob

there's an argument MP's should be paid a lot more than they are.

On current evidence the salary offered is not sufficient to attract people of sufficient calibre.

You know, as long as there is complete transparency and rules on expenses are tightenend up, I wouldn't argue about a pay increase.
However, why should an MP claim mortgage interest on expenses? The government should own properties and lease them to the standing MP. All we see is MP's get even richer on expenses.
Why should an MP be allowed to emply family members? It puts the system into disrepute, leaves it open to abuse.
For employing staff there should be a bank, agency staff they can choose from. A central agency that employs secretaries, translators etc with the pay rates set according to area.

So yes pay them more but have very strict rules on expenses spending and require a minimum attendance at Parliament and at their constituency offices which is monitored scrupulously.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Countdown begins. on 10:24 - Sep 26 with 2779 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 18:12 - Sep 25 by oh_tommy_tommy

Kier starmmers speech today has just cost labour a general election and stabbed democracy in the back

Bonkers

Stabbing democracy in the back by...offering more democracy. There are a number of people making Labour unelectable - Starmer isn’t one of them.

Corbyn has always been anti-EU - his pretence is pathetic, transparent and dishonest.
The Countdown begins. on 10:38 - Sep 26 with 2758 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 10:24 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

Stabbing democracy in the back by...offering more democracy. There are a number of people making Labour unelectable - Starmer isn’t one of them.

Corbyn has always been anti-EU - his pretence is pathetic, transparent and dishonest.

You can't say that about St Jeremy mun!! You'll have the Momentummers on your case soon.
At least balance it out by saying something equally correct about Theresa May......go on, there's lots of choice!

The Countdown begins. on 10:54 - Sep 26 with 2750 viewsJango

The Countdown begins. on 09:57 - Sep 26 by Batterseajack

...not forgetting that there are genuine need and reasons for expenses, to cover travel, accommodation, entertaining, food and drink costs when your away from home.

Disappointing that they didn't vote for transparency on this though. Seems its just a fixed extra to their salary.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 10:02]

Didn’t expect anything less from you.
The Countdown begins. on 11:56 - Sep 26 with 2722 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 10:24 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

It’s not offering more democracy to keep insisting the electorate voted the wrong way so let’s give it another go until you vote the right way and we’ll stop voting then.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Countdown begins. on 12:05 - Sep 26 with 2714 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 09:49 - Sep 26 by sherpajacob

there's an argument MP's should be paid a lot more than they are.

On current evidence the salary offered is not sufficient to attract people of sufficient calibre.

Yes because offering more money will discourage those motivated by greed and self interest almost overnight.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

The Countdown begins. on 12:59 - Sep 26 with 2693 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 09:57 - Sep 26 by Batterseajack

...not forgetting that there are genuine need and reasons for expenses, to cover travel, accommodation, entertaining, food and drink costs when your away from home.

Disappointing that they didn't vote for transparency on this though. Seems its just a fixed extra to their salary.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 10:02]

Yes, a genuine need for expenses. However, when you can't or are not allowed to see what the moeny is spent on it leaves a rotten smell.
WE are saying the EU needs more transparency and scrutiny yet the Euro court and the MEP's say no. What are they hiding and would you accept this from Westminster?

The Countdown begins. on 13:20 - Sep 26 with 2679 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 12:59 - Sep 26 by Catullus

Yes, a genuine need for expenses. However, when you can't or are not allowed to see what the moeny is spent on it leaves a rotten smell.
WE are saying the EU needs more transparency and scrutiny yet the Euro court and the MEP's say no. What are they hiding and would you accept this from Westminster?

It seems they get this fixed amount each month for expenses, rather than keeping receipts and filing a claim at the end of the month like you or I might do. Their line of work will obviously require more expense claims with the amount of travelling involved and they probably see it more like a per diem allowance and obviously pocket what they don't spend.

I bet they don't spend any actual (expense) money on flights, hotels and dining, so they may as well just bump up their salaries and do away with this expenses component on their pay slip.

I wasn't that fussed with our MPs scandal 9 or so years ago. It just highlighted how low their normal salaries were for what is a high profile job in the public eye.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 13:24]
The Countdown begins. on 13:46 - Sep 26 with 2661 viewsLeonWasGod

The Countdown begins. on 10:10 - Sep 26 by Catullus

Uncomfortable reading for any supporter of the EU,

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/the-fatcat-parliament-how-meps-pocket-a-staggeri

How do we know just what the levels of waste and lack of scrutiny are like elsewhere? If the courts won't let us see what expenses are going on, what is the financial situation across the board?
No wonder the accounts are always wrong. How can any set of accounts be right with so much information missing or spending just waved through with no accountability.

From 2008. They tightened the register of interests in about 2010 I think.

A lot of the seemingly profligate expenses may also be work-related. Business happens around breakfast meetings and dinner meetings, for example, as they're cooped up in committees and the chamber for much of day. I've been to many such meetings and they are a necessary way of working over there, with the working day stretching from 7 am to 11 pm in many cases. Not many of the people that complain about MEPs would actually want to take on their work load.

But they are extravagant. One doesn't actually need to eat scallops at the best restaurants in the City washed down with a decent bottle! And I'm all for extra transparency and accountability. What does Farage spend his money on for example, when he's had the lowest attendance record of any MEP other than those on long-term sick? Why should people like him get anything - in any other job you'd be out on your ear for not doing your job.

Although I'm no EU supporter, just a UK supporter who thinks the benefits of EU membership outweigh the downsides.
The Countdown begins. on 14:21 - Sep 26 with 2653 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 11:56 - Sep 26 by Highjack

It’s not offering more democracy to keep insisting the electorate voted the wrong way so let’s give it another go until you vote the right way and we’ll stop voting then.

No one voted for stockpiling medicines and the uber clusterfûck this has turned into.
The Countdown begins. on 15:10 - Sep 26 with 2630 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 14:21 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

No one voted for stockpiling medicines and the uber clusterfûck this has turned into.

No they voted to leave the European Union. The clusterf*ck and the stockpiling etc is the result of the incompetence of both the government and EU’s “negotiation teams”. Most of which I suspect is a deliberate ploy to make it seem impossible to leave and keep us in through the back door. As I’ve said before I don’t think we’ll ever be allowed to leave.

We are heading for a constitutional crisis of a scale not seen before in this country.

The Countdown begins. on 15:28 - Sep 26 with 2619 viewsJango

The Countdown begins. on 13:20 - Sep 26 by Batterseajack

It seems they get this fixed amount each month for expenses, rather than keeping receipts and filing a claim at the end of the month like you or I might do. Their line of work will obviously require more expense claims with the amount of travelling involved and they probably see it more like a per diem allowance and obviously pocket what they don't spend.

I bet they don't spend any actual (expense) money on flights, hotels and dining, so they may as well just bump up their salaries and do away with this expenses component on their pay slip.

I wasn't that fussed with our MPs scandal 9 or so years ago. It just highlighted how low their normal salaries were for what is a high profile job in the public eye.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 13:24]

Or maybe just pay them what they currently earn and make them declare their expenses. Quite simple
The Countdown begins. on 15:37 - Sep 26 with 2613 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Countdown begins. on 15:10 - Sep 26 by Highjack

No they voted to leave the European Union. The clusterf*ck and the stockpiling etc is the result of the incompetence of both the government and EU’s “negotiation teams”. Most of which I suspect is a deliberate ploy to make it seem impossible to leave and keep us in through the back door. As I’ve said before I don’t think we’ll ever be allowed to leave.

We are heading for a constitutional crisis of a scale not seen before in this country.

Indeed good points

But it’s all Corbyns fault apparently

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Countdown begins. on 15:54 - Sep 26 with 2607 viewsBatterseajack

The Countdown begins. on 15:28 - Sep 26 by Jango

Or maybe just pay them what they currently earn and make them declare their expenses. Quite simple

why stop there, don't pay these politicians anything
The Countdown begins. on 15:54 - Sep 26 with 2606 viewsHighjack

The Countdown begins. on 15:37 - Sep 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed good points

But it’s all Corbyns fault apparently

No it isn’t. It’s the fault of the stupid racist white old poor bastards who voted the wrong way. The markets will teach them to vote the right way though.

The Countdown begins. on 16:21 - Sep 26 with 2593 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

The Countdown begins. on 14:21 - Sep 26 by WarwickHunt

No one in 1975 voted to be part of the EU, the vote was for joining the common market not the facist state that evolved. At least we’ve reversed that.

Everything else is down to the tippy tappy joke negotiations coupled with Corbyn and the rest of The Momentum Party (its not Labour anymore in reality) turning Brexit into Party politics for their own agenda for the people my arse.

Brexit should have been conducted by a coalition with all differences put aside in a similar way that happened during the war.

It’s been fecked up by undemocratic facist left wing pigs.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 16:40]
The Countdown begins. on 16:41 - Sep 26 with 2576 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 15:54 - Sep 26 by Batterseajack

why stop there, don't pay these politicians anything

Why stop at being ridiculous?

The Countdown begins. on 17:02 - Sep 26 with 2562 viewssherpajacob

The Countdown begins. on 16:21 - Sep 26 by FerrisBuellerJB

No one in 1975 voted to be part of the EU, the vote was for joining the common market not the facist state that evolved. At least we’ve reversed that.

Everything else is down to the tippy tappy joke negotiations coupled with Corbyn and the rest of The Momentum Party (its not Labour anymore in reality) turning Brexit into Party politics for their own agenda for the people my arse.

Brexit should have been conducted by a coalition with all differences put aside in a similar way that happened during the war.

The EU a "Fascist state".? Well there are certainly fascist MEPs (many of them English)

"a coalition like the war". You are aware of the phrase, under paid under sexed and under Ike.

"Fascist left wing pigs". Most brexiteer arguments are full of contradictions, never seen one quite this obvious before.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Countdown begins. on 17:42 - Sep 26 with 2533 viewsCatullus

The Countdown begins. on 17:02 - Sep 26 by sherpajacob

The EU a "Fascist state".? Well there are certainly fascist MEPs (many of them English)

"a coalition like the war". You are aware of the phrase, under paid under sexed and under Ike.

"Fascist left wing pigs". Most brexiteer arguments are full of contradictions, never seen one quite this obvious before.

Well the EU is undemocratic, secretive, wasteful and nepotistic.....in a leavers opinion of course. You can call it a contradiction but the horseshoe theory says the crossover is where left and right use power and/or political terrorism for their own ends.
I mean, the EU is left wing yet is a friend to big business and globalism, is ideologically against state aid (usually a left wing ideology) and therefore nationalised industries.

The Countdown begins. on 17:50 - Sep 26 with 2529 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

Facist EU unelected bureaucrats making decisions so yes a facist dictatorship

Maybe the phrase during the war wasn’t the best quote but it was the last time the party’s put their differences aside for the good of the country.

I suggest you do some research on left wing fascism
The Countdown begins. on 18:25 - Sep 26 with 2505 viewsWarwickHunt

He means facist. Ugly politics.
The Countdown begins. on 18:29 - Sep 26 with 2502 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 16:21 - Sep 26 by FerrisBuellerJB

“Facist state” - you are clearly fûcking deranged. Your spelling is shît too.

Take another day off.
The Countdown begins. on 18:39 - Sep 26 with 2494 viewsWarwickHunt

The Countdown begins. on 15:10 - Sep 26 by Highjack

The UK is free to leave the EU -however, only an imbecile would believe it can dictate the terms to the other 27 member states. The idiot May still believes “Chequers” will be accepted despite the fact that it’s deader than disco.

Britannia no longer the rules the waves, in case you haven’t noticed.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 18:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024